Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this same thought, which is why he is actually my favorite new reveal.

But I'm happy with all 3. Love the poison seaweed dragon, and the firebird is cool. I am a little disappointed with the name Talonflame, however.

My first thought on the new sky battle and moreso horde battles is...

a 1/5 chance for each of them to be shiny ??? could make shiny hunting way easier, but who knows how spammable horde battles would be.

Just a thought.
I think a 1/5 chance is too high but I like the idea of a higher chance in horde battles with the shiny being the "alpha" of the pack.

I'm saying for sure this move has to be aerial ace, judging by background color, use by a flying-type, and two distinct slashes. I'm also gonna go out on a limb because aerial ace is learned by level up almost exclusively by flying-types, and I believe (I BELIEVE) that this means Chespin will be part flying.
yeeessss... but Aerial Ace can also be learned by Sandslash, Primeape, Arcanine, Marowak, Mr. Mime, Porygon, Slowbro to name a few; a ridiculous amount of things can learn aerial ace. I know, I know - these are all by TM and not level-up, but I don't think that's a really important difference. Just by the fact that a) Chespin doesn't look like a flying type and b) Aerial Ace has massive distribution generally, Chespin probs won't be flying.

Xexruse Used like a Ice Light lookin move In game play... And Yelitall it did a dark move.
Kind sir, My name is not "yelitall". And I would argue that the attack was Hyper Beam because it was accompanied by the sound effect that Hyper Beam had back in Gen 1. The animation even looks like a glorified 3D Hyper Beam based on Hyper Beam's first animation.

On another note, Talonflame's Japanese name, Fiarrow, is gorgeous and I wish that they didn't localize it.
They sort of had to localize it; there is already a Pokemon with a name that sounds like that. Still, I think I know what to call my Talonflame ingame.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Contributing to the aerial ace theme... Diglett can learn it.

Thats all.
He meant by level-up, there are tons of non-flying pokemon that learn it though TM (which include Diglett).

Of course, I don't think this confirms Chespin Evo as part flying, but w/e

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Oh my goodness, you guys are so funny with your pictures, (in a good way)
haven't felt so happy for a long while xD.

Assist is Cat's Paw in Japanese and Lovely Kiss is Demon's Kiss in Japanese, so there's that.
Correct.
Also, they said that Mawile will be fairy, but the fan-made chart didn't add it.

Q - Can you import Pokemon from previous games?
A - We are thinking of something. The DS and 3DS can't communicate, but we are working on it.
Uh oh. Though on the other hand as there will be no hackmons and no RNG abuse in XY maybe a reset would be okay.

Q - Will there be a story reason why Fairy-type will all of a sudden exist?
A - When we first decided we wanted to bring the type into the world, we wanted to find a way to balance the stength of the Dragon type. But no one wants us to weaken the Dragon-type Pokemon, so we decided to come up with something that could go against a Dragon, so that's why we came up with the Fairy-type.
Go gamefreak. They are trying to balance out dragons and make more types viable. Hopefully they also try and buff poison mons...

Q - How many new Pokemon will be showing up this time?
A - I'm hoping that you discover it for yourselves.
This, I think, means they hope there is no data dumping upon release. :D

So pumped.

So its safe to assume that Fairies were introduced to directly balance the whole 'Dragon-centralized' Meta?

EDIT: never mind, the answer is now more than obvious xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)