Dedicated Tournament Server - SPL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
http://smogtours.psim.us/

Huge thanks to Zarel for setting this up!

The Server's Purpose

There are a couple reasons why we wanted and now have a dedicated tournament server. The biggest being that it's a "safe" place for players to play without annoying users having free rein to troll the battle chats.

The other purpose being this is a server under the direction of Smogon leadership with low traffic, meaning battles should be able to be played here with minimum lag without having to use a third party server with unknown leadership or no Smogon moderator+ presence (mostly oriserver but also pokecommunity, etc.). This way issues in battles such as disconnections can be handled directly by either the Smogon tournament staff or sim staff watching the battle.

Special Rules in Place

The entire server is in modchat. What this means is that you cannot talk in the main chat, in battle chats, or in PM without Voice (+).

You also cannot challenge others to a battle without Voice.

How to obtain Voice

Everyone will only have 1 account with voice, and guess which one that is? That's right, your Smogon username. This allows us to know exactly who is saying what in battle chats and allows us to easily "place blame" if something were to happen.

You must be present on the server to obtain voice, and your Smogon account must be at least 1 month old. You have to link your Smogon Profile to a server administrator to obtain voice.

All SPL players will have voice.

Be very aware, misbehavior on the server can easily lead to infractions on the forum, largely the Poor Sportsmanship infraction. Do not take the server as a place to say whatever you want with only server-side reprimand. If the behavior is egregious it will carry over to the forums.

Staff Structure

All TDs will have administrative powers on the server, as well as regular Sim Admins from the PS main lobby. Sim Moderators on the PS main lobby will have mods. Senior Staff will have drivers if they want them. Everyone else will have voice.

If your Smogon username is already taken on PS

Post here with the username you'd like to be recognized with on the server, that way we can have a record with why we have an unknown username with voice on the server.

aim = pokeaim
-Tsunami- = King Tsunami
Donkey = doneky
CTI = Celebi_trainer_ice
Danio = Sir
Ernesto = Ernesto_1.3
JirachiCelebiMew = JirachiCelebiMeow
Zukai = Zukai12
Edgar = edgrr
Dr Ciel = Doctor Ciel
Yusuke = YOUsuke
Icecream = Icecreams
Fiction. = ficcion
Kyros_ = Kyrosss
fantasy = fant

Last edited by a moderator:

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Oglemi taking the fun out of spl one step at a time. First the smack talk thread, now no alts to spectate battles. Smh.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
If your Smogon username is already taken on PS

Post here with the username you'd like to be recognized with on the server, that way we can have a record with why we have an unknown username with voice on the server.

Added this to the OP

Oglemi

Borf
If your Smogon username is already taken or registered we're going to try and get you to choose a name that's as close to your Smogon username as possible, so bear with us in some regards.

I signed up for SPL with this account but gave my PS account as eljefeestaaqui. My opponent knows both my Smogon username and my Pokemon Showdown account. I am listed in the SPL Week 2 thread under my PS account.

How should I sign up for the server?

Oglemi

Borf
With your Smogon username, I see you're on the server right now so I'll add it to voice. Your PS name will not be added.

Oglemi

Borf
In other news, ShakeItUp finally bugged me enough to change his name, so he has now achieved his ultimate dream and is now -Tsunami- on the forums. What a whirlwind that's been, first steeleagle17, MasterOfOz, then ShakeItUp, now -Tsunami- (or King Tsunami on the server), can't wait to see the next installment.

Last edited:
Ernesto was taken in PS (either that or I made it a really long time ago so I forgot the pass, but prolly the former), so my Showdown name is Ernesto_1.3 .

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Note I can reset usernames on PS (and so can other admins).

If the username has zero ladder activity and was registered more than six months ago, I can reset it for your use.

edit: Only for if your Smogon username doesn't match your PS username and you want a PS username that matches and you're actively using that Smogon username (e.g. it has 50+ posts on Smogon).

Last edited:

Oglemi

Borf
If Zarel does reset your account and you had voice on a different one, post here so that I can demote the non-Smogon username one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)