Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Yellow

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
upload_2014-3-15_9-6-22.png

Ladies and gentlemen, my amazing luck.

Good thing it fled, or my run would've stopped there. Still, this is not a good sign for things to come...

Last edited:

Albacore

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just got my first casualty... On the plus side, it died while I caught an absolutely OP Polywrath with dual STAB at level 3.

Everything levels up so quickly here...

Edit : Wally just "caught" a Feebas. And by "caught", I mean "KO'd, but the game counted it as caught"

upload_2014-3-15_11-6-55.png

WHY HELLO THERE.

(Although it was a Team Aqua grunt, so pretty appropriate/ironic if you ask me)

Last edited:

Albacore

upload_2014-3-15_11-50-34.png

My team:

upload_2014-3-15_11-56-8.png

My time:

upload_2014-3-15_11-53-44.png

Wow, I think I just faced the hardest Roxanne possible. She had Jolteon, Starmie, and Pidgeot. I had to waste all my Potions, but, in the end, I managed to make it without any casualties. Not sure how, but I did. I had a pretty OP team, but she pretty much counter-teamed me. 2 of my Pokemon are weak to Electric, 2 to Flying, and 3 to Psychic.
I started with Vlad and se ant out Ludicolo. Switched to Chewie to take the Thunderbolt. Then I spammed Water Gun while he spammed Dig, wasting our Potions in the process. Once I dealt with it, she switched to Starmie while I sent out Abnormal. He T-waved me and I barely took a Psychic, but managed to 2HKO with Bullet Seed. I switched to Rosalina as she sent out Pidgeot, whittled it down, switched to Tommy, and finished it off w/ Arm Thrust spam.

I recommend you grind up to level 13 before attempting the gym. She's much stronger than you'd think. Her strongest Pokemon is level 15, and all the trainers in the gym have Pokemon that are about level 10. The difficulty spike is pretty big.
You have 24 hours.

Last edited:
"If you bring Bug Pokemon to school, you'll be popular"
*sends out Regice*

At first I laughed. Then I realized Regice, at level 6, would only have Explosion.
Hello Registeel with only Explosion.

Wow. Good thing I have a Pokemon that can actually take all of these.

EDIT for finish:

Do I get a reward for getting hit by a shiny during the very first leg? :P

So, my strategy for the first leg was to go all out grinding. Unfortunately, I missed a few captures, one for being stupid (And, well... it was Huntail.) and the other for the Pokemon just being too hard to feasibly catch. I tried, but alas.

Roxanne was pretty easy due to massive overlevel. She came with Ludicolo, Donphan and Swampert. But... well, Focus Punch isn't exactly a stellar move for a 4x weak to grass-mon to use against a Grovyle.

Also, nicknaming. Outside of my starter, Marowak, they'll all end with Y, and just be uncreative. Krabby is a bit odd one out though, because when I caught Paras, I was having a hard time making a bad enough name up, and I was thinking of going with crabby. So when I ended with a Krabby, I decided to go with Parasy. If I end with a Horsea later, I'll probably name it Ponyty or something. :P

As far as the leveling goes, I went with fairly equal distribution here, and at the end, figured if any of them can get an improvement with a few more levels. So many of these would've gone to 25 though.

Last edited:

The Goomy

Whitest Mexican Alive
So guys, ironically. I am out of the challenge. I lost to Roxanne. I tried to race through the game quickly, and my pokes were around level 10 when I faced her. And I got owned by a Latios. So, it'll be fun watching the rest of you all compete! :)

Albacore

So guys, ironically. I am out of the challenge. I lost to Roxanne. I tried to race through the game quickly, and my pokes were around level 10 when I faced her. And I got owned by a Latios. So, it'll be fun watching the rest of you all compete! :)
Don't say I didn't warn you...

And holy christ Roadagain lvl 23? And I though my Pokemon were overleveled...

Also, I just realized that nothing I have can learn Cut. I hope that doesn't bite me in the back...

Tbh I don't think it's a good idea to duel at each gym. Everybody will be gone by the 4th gym if we do that.

Last edited:

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Just beat Roxanne. I could have done it a bit more quickly than I did, but I decided to take some extra time trying to even out the rest of my Pokemon's levels:

^ I think it's pretty freakin awesome I found a Crobat on Route 104. Sadly though I almost lost it to Roxanne's Meganium, because I was spamming Screech on it, and was about to follow it up with a Leech Life until it randomly tried to use Counter while I was Screeching. She had a Porygon2 with Solarbeam, but it got handled quickly by Blaziken. She had a Sharpedo that was spamming Secret Power and Double-Edge, and almost killed my Brobat with a surprise Rock Tomb. Had to switch a bunch till Mawile let it kill itself from Double-Edge's recoil. Luckily for me though, no casualties! Also you notice I forgot to nickname my Blaziken and my Snubbull...I accidentally clicked "No" to nicknaming them after I caught them (instinct I guess :P). I forgot where the Name Rater is at in this game, though...hopefully it's not too far.

I seriously hope RoadAgain's grinding doesn't spur everybody else to shoot for like level 25 mons by the first Gym...Otherwise this challenge is gonna get brutal fast :[

Don't say I didn't warn you...

And holy christ Roadagain lvl 23? And I though my Pokemon were overleveled...

Also, I just realized that nothing I have can learn Cut. I hope that doesn't bite me in the back...

Tbh I don't think it's a good idea to duel at each gym. Everybody will be gone by the 4th gym if we do that.
dont we allow hm slave catches? on routes we've been at

Skalaylee

I dont even realize everyone in my sig is being sarcastic
Question!

If we have a pokemon we have caught but dont want can we put it in our pc and that not count against out 10 level difference rule?

I was honestly kinda thinking of not posting the results yet, to prevent a grinding spurt like that, but... I don't think any one is going to go all that much higher, unless they have some insanely good farming spot, full of high XP stuff.
And, well, if they do that, they won't be the first to finish, so they also won't be challenging anyone.

See, the way I see it, you either want to finish first, or grind as much as you can- If you finish first, you're likely to be underleveled in the actual battle, plus the upcoming leg. (Which translates to more time spent on the leg, because stuff dies slower/actually threaten to kill you) So, this way, it's pretty unlikely anyone is going to challenge me, and I have way more freedom in the next leg. I might grind even more, or I might aim for finishing the fastest.

Question!

If we have a pokemon we have caught but dont want can we put it in our pc and that not count against out 10 level difference rule?
Looking at the rules, the 10 level difference should only count towards the Pokemon in your team, not across all of your Pokemon.

Albacore

I honestly don't see the advantage of finishing first. I finished first so far, and I have the weakest team so far. This is supposed to be a race, so finishing first should not be penalized.

I suggest whoever finishes last should lose, either that, or whoever comes last and whoever comes second-to-last should challenge.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was also thinking sorta in line with something Albacore mentioned above, what if we only had the battle between the players if nobody got eliminated during that leg? Of course sometimes random stuff can happen that renders you unable to go on, but in the long run it's less people who get eliminated early if you go with it. Only thing is it kinda takes the wind out of the whole 'finishing first' thing.

Edit: Also Skalaylee that's hilarious. But I feel bad at the same time...Also you got 5 hours ingame time for each leg, but 24 hours from the time whoever finished first has posted, whichever comes sooner

Some of you guys may be wondering "How the hell did I get this minimal time?" It's mainly because I didn't grind, at all.

Basically, first Pokemon was jacked up. That Pokemon was Jolteon. I had to use Porygon2 to Trace the ability Volt Absorb, and use Conversation 2 to not let it touch me when it used Hyper Beam (wtf?) It also used Swagger which I had to heal plenty because of my luck; I managed to use it to my advantage, fortunately. The next Pokemon Roxanne had was a Feraligatr; I just used Stun Spore+Leech Seed+Absorb which it stupidly used Hail damaging itself. The last Pokemon was the hardest, it was a Metagross. I had to paralyze it and use Leech Seed in order to gain health while it spammed Double Team and Earthquake. I was using Cacturne and Breloom, so yeah. A tip for the first gym is to always grind, I've had some close calls in this battles which was mainly luck.

Albacore

Pandonphan That's just downright suicidal. I'm amazed you actually survived the gym without losing anything.
Can't believe you actually did it in under half what used to be the record time. That's insane.

So far we've had a team around level 20 and a team around level 10 defeating Roxanne. This should be interesting.

Pandonphan That's just downright suicidal. I'm amazed you actually survived the gym without losing anything.
Can't believe you actually did it in under half what used to be the record time. That's insane.

So far we've had a team around level 20 and a team around level 10 defeating Roxanne. This should be interesting.
That's mainly because they all kept on getting paralyzed, a lot and they kept on missing. Also I had lots of Potions as well.

So, I'd like to confirm something... the battles between players will be played with Gen III, yes? That sounds like the logical way to go here, after all.

I honestly don't see the advantage of finishing first. I finished first so far, and I have the weakest team so far. This is supposed to be a race, so finishing first should not be penalized.

I suggest whoever finishes last should lose, either that, or whoever comes last and whoever comes second-to-last should challenge.
I actually disagree with there not being advantage of coming first. You just need to find a balance there between finishing fast and finishing strong. If you finish too fast (IF you finish at all), being first will be a disadvantage because your team will be just way too weak to fight others. Yes, restricting them to one less Pokemon to choose from helps a bit.

The main issue is that finishing first is less useful early on. Later on, as long as you aren't completely outclassed in terms of levels, you have a wider range of moves and such to use, so the ability to pick your opponent as well as restrict them is going to be handy. It becomes increasingly important also because the less there are players, the more likely YOU are the one to be picked up, which can easily lead to being in a match-up with serious disadvantages. Right now that can be mitigated by simply sheer levels, as no one wants to go against a behemoth nearly double your own levels, no matter how good the type advantages are.

Albacore

That's a good point, but even so, the faster you are, the more likely you are to be picked by whoever comes in first, and therefore, the more disadvantaged you are. Which kinda defeats the point of a race.

I still think that whoever comes in last should be eliminated. However, I don't think we should lose anyone on this strech, since Goomy already lost, and losing someone else will just mess up the pyramid system.

The Goomy

Whitest Mexican Alive
I know there has been some debate with the elimination system. And this is great! I'd like to keep the system as it is for this challenge. And your feedback will help to perfect it when we do it again. :)

Skalaylee

6c636ef45b0d89aa8d44f1b047ae9246.png

f5ef1b05dc5ebfd9128e57e25f517764.png

WHY IS IT SO BIG

I beat her lol. So this is my fucking badass team.

One pokemon commited suicide will i was trying to catch it and killed one of mine while doing so. (RegiSteel)
Another one i threw about 15 pokballs at and didnt want to catch (Combuskien)
I accidentally killed a couple, (Gastly, Machoke)
I also had to PP Stall a Gastly.

SO all in all i have been having fun.
This is going to be a great yt series

So my pokemon are a little higher then others due to the fact that i only have two. I hope you guys will understand and not think i was trying to grind to be the "strongest"!

That's also true. What it means though, is that going with that is a bit risky. You can aim for the best time, but if you fail getting the best time, you're likely to get picked.

I do agree that perhaps the slowest to finish should be the one dropped, but making such a drastic change to rules during the event would be bad. (And I'm not saying this for the sake of myself. Making major changes to rules is a thing I dislike in general, whether it affects me or not.

Also, yeah. Since a majority of the event hinges on the elimination system, it might be necessary to assume people that fall within the Nuzlocke itself as the priority.

Then again, the rules did say the last 2-4 players would go up to the finals after E4. So, it does leave the possibility of two players dropping out outside the elimination.

So my pokemon are a little higher then others due to the fact that i only have two. I hope you guys will understand and not think i was trying to grind to be the "strongest"!
Yeah, well, about that... there's this one guy called Roadagain with a full team of six at 20+ :P

Skalaylee

I do think the last two players to finish should battle to be eliminated.
Reasons:
1. Its a race and it seems like there is nothing wrong with being in last
2.The last people to finish get to see what everyone else has and grind higher
3.Why does the first place player have a change of being eliminated when he/she finished first in a RACE
4.The first few people that finish will be at a disadvantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)