TrainerSplash's art thread, cause I can't think of a better title :)

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Edited description: Hello everyone! Welcome to my art thread. I am a 16 year old in high school with a passion for animating and art. I've been told that I have always been drawing since I was 2 years old but it's gotten series since I was about 11. I have many original cartoon ideas with 5 planned series, 3 planned movies and 2 planned video games with most of them being their own franchise.

any opinions? any feedback? send away!
and yes these are from my artist application, more art will come soon that isn't the same thing over and over again.

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Much better to see that pencil sketch in higher resolution, those hard shades really make that situation much more dynamic.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Much better to see that pencil sketch in higher resolution, those hard shades really make that situation much more dynamic.
Thanks, and yeah sorry for the small resolution before, as I said wikia made the images smaller so I had to redo them here.
I'm planning to make a more digital version of it to be clearer but I'm not sure if that would ruin the picture or not-along with making it colored not black and white.

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus
About time eh? You've received my feedback on these pieces already, so I'll give ya a lil' project to work on if you're free. How about you trace over that pencil sketch in digital form with color etc. It'll be neat to see how the shading appears in digital. Good luck!

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Time for more pictures, please note most pictures I upload are going to be on loose leaf paper as I doodle in school.
upload_2014-11-16_17-58-34.png

About time eh? You've received my feedback on these pieces already, so I'll give ya a lil' project to work on if you're free. How about you trace over that pencil sketch in digital form with color etc. It'll be neat to see how the shading appears in digital. Good luck!
Yeah that's what I am planning to do. Sadly I have 2-3 school projects to work on so it will take some time to post. in the mean time the next digital pieces I plan to post in the near future (specifically on the 21st) are a pair of wallpaper dedicated to kyogre and groudon, similar to the rayquaza one. The other one will be a Super Smash Brothers picture which I think you have seen me talk about.

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just a quick heads-up, you'll probably want to increase the dimensions of that comic a bit. It's fairly hard to see what's going at such a small size, and the text would be much easier to read if it was a tad larger.

Aside from that I really like your pencil sketches; you do a great job rendering facial expressions on both the trainers and pokemon. I also quite like that Mewtwo, as you were able to get solid, accurate form and shading without resorting to outlines to contain it. Keep up the good work!

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Just a quick heads-up, you'll probably want to increase the dimensions of that comic a bit. It's fairly hard to see what's going at such a small size, and the text would be much easier to read if it was a tad larger.

Aside from that I really like your pencil sketches; you do a great job rendering facial expressions on both the trainers and pokemon. I also quite like that Mewtwo, as you were able to get solid, accurate form and shading without resorting to outlines to contain it. Keep up the good work!
Gah Wikia messing with my artwork again, have to resort to deviant art again. Anyways that should be fixed now.
Thanks complements!

Nice comic, the drawings are smooth and pleasant. The comedy and overall concept need work though; this idea has been done lots of times!

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Nice comic, the drawings are smooth and pleasant. The comedy and overall concept need work though; this idea has been done lots of times!
Thank you very much! I honestly think red in blue and blue on red is eye wrecking xP. Yeah I have terrible sense of humor, but I can tell you my next comic will short but more original.

This thread gave my boner a boner.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks I guess? No seriously though, thank you :)

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form

You guys may remember the original sketch, however I made it digital and have colored it with some snazzy effects, surprised I was able to do that since Sai has crappy filters and not as advanced as much other programs like Photoshop.

Last edited:

You guys may remember the original sketch, however I made it digital and have colored it with some snazzy effects, surprised I was able to do that since Sai has crappy filters and not as advanced as much other programs like Photoshop.
Gotta admit, looks pretty nice. Id recommend making the "vs barrier" or whatever its called a color other than Black though, as it's extremely hard to notice with the lack of contrast present between it and the surrounding background. also serena needs more hat

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
WOO
did anyone ask for a fast moving hedgehog? probably not cause I'm most likly the only Sonic fan on this website he's my guilty pleasure.
upload_2014-12-22_23-6-3.png
I realize how horrid sending huge pictures are.
Tomorrow, and/or Christmas eve and Christmas day I might do a large festive stream anyone is welcome, I'm probably just gonna draw random shit and play some games, drawing may or may not be related to sprite project. hope to seem some of you there C:

well, hat escalated quickly
If it didn't escalate quickly it would have never escalated V_V

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Well then... apparently my livestream wasn't working, sorry about no stream :c As my excuse you guys can have some artwork I made a few weeks-1-2 years ago.

Christmas Avatar from this year.

A love Tropius for PS!!'s Artroom's I created as a daily draw known as "A Pokemon eating a banana" (a topic I created too :3)
upload_2014-12-26_22-2-8.png
another daily draw forgot what it was though other than combining two Pokemon [\HIDE]

And two more non Pokemon related drawings, two little kirbys meant to be in kirby official style art these were made a few years ago and I need to get into the habit of doing so again.
upload_2014-12-26_22-35-4.png
upload_2014-12-26_22-35-33.png
[\HIDE]

Attachments

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form

Battle Ready!

Tropius and the May icon are rather cute. If anything though, her irises are uneven heights ?__?
Yeah the irises are uneven, I kinda thought the whole eye thing was uneven themselves, plus since I use the icon on many websites, I didn't think many would notice when it was small.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Although not official artwork I made. I was messing around with scanned coloring pages and decided to use them for coloring and shading practice for lineless art.
Enjoy these 4 pieces of colored coloring pages.
upload_2015-1-21_20-58-26.png
upload_2015-1-21_20-58-46.png
upload_2015-1-21_20-58-59.png
upload_2015-1-21_20-59-14.png
[\HIDE]

The colouring could use more contrast still, considering the lack of lineart, but I like that you're experimenting. It's a decent attempt at soft-shading. I don't know where the scans are from, but judging from the roster of 'mons, I suspect a connection with the Klefki short for the 17th film.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Honestly, I havn't been in the best of mood, and I tried drawing this picture of Zinnia, Salamence and Aster together. I think it was alright, I may or may not end up finishing this any time soon.
upload_2015-1-28_22-20-9.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)