Hidden OU (Final reveal pg. 17)

Thanks a lot for all of this so obviously fake amazing news, Eevee! Tell your contact to keep up the great work!
OK I just finished decoding the last list from my contact. I think I should give him/her a name so I don't have to keep saying "my contact." How about code name Farfetch'd? Seems appropriate.

Anyway, Farfetch'd Fed-Exed a list written in invisible ink on the inside of a shopping bag in Sumerian. Took me all day to decipher it. I have confirmation on the Pokemon on pages 3-4 and I also have a bunch more not yet brought up.

Moltres: Drought
Torkoal: Drought
Zapdos: Drizzle
Kingdra family: Drizzle
Articuno: Snow Warning
Cryogonal: Snow Warning
Gliscor: Sand Stream
Gligar: Toxic Boost
Rampardos family: Sand Rush
Rhyperior: Sand Force
Rhyhorn/Rhydon: Multiscale
Snover family: Lightning Rod
Mega Abomasnow: Snow Cloak
Nidoran-F/Nidorina/Nidoran-M/Nidorino: Quick Feet
Nidoqueen/Nidoking: Parental Bond
Growlithe family: Sheer Force
Abra family: Magician
Mega Alakazam: Pure Power
Grimer family: Gooey
Tangela family: Poison Heal
Staryu family: Suction Cups
Wooper family: Sap Sipper
Murkrow family: Defiant
Scyther: Speed Boost
Scizor: Hustle
Mega Scizor: Battle Armor
Chansey family: Shell Armor
Raikou: Competitive
Entei: Defiant
Suicune: Swift Swim
Larvitar: Gluttony
Pupitar: Unburden
Tyranitar: Rough Skin
Mega Tyranitar: Mold Breaker
Taillow family: Aerilate
Slakoth/Slaking: Stall
Vigoroth: Rattled
Feebas: Cute Charm
Milotic: Adaptability
All Deoxys: Telepathy
Starly: Shield Dust
Staravia/Staraptor: Moxie
Croagunk family: Liquid Ooze
Uxie: Analytic
Mesprite: Synchronize
Azelf: Pressure
Celebi: Pixilate
Mew: Protean

Phew! That's all for now!
Drought Moltres and Torkoal: Yay!
Drizzle Zapdos and Kingdra: Just when you thought that Kingdra couldn't get any better! And can you imagine Zapdos being able to spam Thunder?!
Snow Warning Articuno and Cryogonal: Makes sense to me!
Sand Stream Gliscor: It is SO fortunate that I don't happen to run a Toxic Heal Gliscor yet! Not that I see where all the sand is supposed to come from! I'm going to have mixed feelings about seeing Toxic Heal Gliscor go. Such a useful set, but a bitch to take down.
Toxic Boost Gligar: I don't care either way. Though I don't know how Pimpnite will feel about loosing Immunity Gligar.
Sand Rush Rampardos: Yay! Yeah, lets give Rampardos some much needed speed!!
Sand Force Rhyperior: This could actually be good news for Sand teams.
Multiscale Rhydon: I think I see Pimpnite using this with Eviolite.
Lightning Rod Abomasnow: Okaaay... At least Abomasnow gets an immunity.
Snow Cloak Mega Abomasnow: This could actually be cool if used properly. Mega Abomasnow from what I've noticed has always been a creature of the new age art of Double Battles, so just pair him with a Pokemon with Hail or Snow Warning, and watch him avoid those Flamethrowers!
Quick Feet Nidoran-F/Nidorina/Nidoran-M/Nidorino: I don't care either way. I never did like Hustle.
Parental Bond Nidoqueen/Nidoking: Going straight to OU.
Sheer Force Growlithe family: Give Arcanine a Life Orb, and watch him use devastating attacks.
Magician Abra family: Abra says "Fuck!"
Pure Power Mega Alakazam: Mega Alakazam says "FUUUUU"!!! Now I know this is fake.
Gooey Grimer family: Makes sense, but I prefer Poison Touch.
Poison Heal Tangela family: Tangrowth is going to become so hard to take down. Pimpnite might even use Eviolite Tangela again.
Suction Cups Staryu family: Analytic was never a great ability for the quick Starmie family anyways.
Sap Sipper Wooper family: Wohohoho! Wahahahaha! HAHAHAHAHA! Welcome to OU Quagsire! You are now untouchable!
Defiant Murkrow family: Murkow is going to miss having Prankster, and Honchrow isn't going to last long enough to take advantage of Defiant. Super Luck or Insomnia is still better.
Speed Boost Scyther: This ability makes a great deal of sense to me!
Hustle Scizor: BOOO!!!
Battle Armor Mega Scizor: Avoiding crits is great and all, but Mega Scizor is gonna hate giving up boosted Bullet Punches and Fury Cutters.
Shell Armor Chansey family: Just when you thought that Eviolite Chansey couldn't get any worse...
Competitive Raikou: Could be useful, but I'd rather that Raikou share Jolteon's new Hidden Ability. Volt Absorb is still better.
Defiant Entei: Entei hates loosing Flash Fire without really having been able to use it legitimately, but Defiant could actually work, though I'd rather that Entei share Flareon's new Hidden Ability.
Swift Swim Suicune: Probably going to OU, still, it would be fitting if Suicune continued to share Vaporeon's new HA. Then again, Swift Swim is better, so maybe Vaporeon should get that instead of Dry Skin. This is just as good as Hydration in a way.
Gluttony Larvitar: Boo! Sand Veil is better!
Unburden Pupitar: Well, it isn't like Pupitar has a Hidden Ability... Unburden is actually not a bad ability.
Rough Skin Tyranitar: Yay! Now try using Play Rough on my T-Tar!
Mold Breaker Mega Tyranitar: All the more reason to run Earthquake. Rotom is f!@$#d! I never did like Sand Steam. This works better for my style!
Aerilate Taillow family: I like this better than Guts, and it honestly isn't a bad substitute for Scrappy.
Stall Slakoth/Slaking: Better than Truant by a mile!
Rattled Vigoroth: It isn't like Vigoroth has a Hidden Ability, though I still prefer Vital Spirit.
Cute Charm Feebas: Adaptability was better, and it isn't like Feebas would survive long enough to use Cute Charm.
Adaptability Milotic: Nobody used Cute Charm on their Milotic anyways. Adaptability Milotic could be good for offensively oriented Milotics.
Telepathy Deoxys: Could make Deoxys even better suited for Double and Triple Battles, but I get the feeling most battlers will continue to run Pressure.
Shield Dust Starly: Honestly not much better than Reckless.
Moxie Staravia/Staraptor: Reckless never did mesh very well with my style anyways. Moxie might work a little bit better.
Liquid Ooze Croagunk family: Toxicroak prefers Poison Touch, and wonders who the fuck would use an HP absorbing move on him. Still, switching into Leech Seed could be fun, if it could be pulled off.
Analytic Uxie: I think I prefer Levitate.
Synchronize Mesprite: Could be useful.
Pressure Azelf: Pressure should have been given to Uxie, then we would have something worth talking about. Still, Pressure is an interesting ability. Too bad that Azelf couldn't use it properly, with only 70/70 in Defenses. Levitate is probably better.
Pixilate Celebi: I think I'll stick with Natural Cure...
Protean Mew: Going straight to Anything Goes!

Thanks a lot for all of this so obviously fake amazing news, Eevee! Tell your contact to keep up the great work! ;)

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
oh...wow...so...my dad works for gamefreak, and it turns out he told me this is true :\ he was pretty mad on how much was leaked
That's odd, my cousin also works for gamefreak and told me this was false!

Point: It's okay to be suspicious of something, but you don't have to say it's false, as it just might be true (I laughed at the addition of a new type in gen 6, and at Pacman getting into Smash 4 before these were officially announced, for reference). While this is suspicious, it still has the potential to be true, similar to the Duck Hunt leak of pre-Smash 4 era.

Okay, I think I'm starting to get the whole joke now... This is totally fake. Not sure why you would go through the trouble of creating a fake leak. That's just sad lmfao.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Okay, I think I'm starting to get the whole joke now... This is totally fake. Not sure why you would go through the trouble of creating a fake leak. That's just sad lmfao.
Try not to bash OMs/Pet mods :)

This isn't a joke (it is), but it is going to (most likely, hopefully) become a pet mod.

EV

Banned deucer.
Farfetch'd paid me a visit while I was out today. When I got home, a flash drive was waiting on my kitchen table. I opened the drive on my laptop and after about six hours of playing Frogger to unlock the levels and levels of encryption, I pulled out these two pages.

I hope someone kept a copy of that strange alphabet so we can see what interesting things are in store this time around!

By tomorrow I should have another set of about 50 Pokemon's new hidden abilities. Farfetch'd unleashed a parade of elephants on my street, each one with an image of a Pokemon on one side and the new ability on the other. That should keep me busy all night!

Farfetch'd paid me a visit while I was out today. When I got home, a flash drive was waiting on my kitchen table. I opened the drive on my laptop and after about six hours of playing Frogger to unlock the levels and levels of encryption, I pulled out these two pages.

I hope someone kept a copy of that strange alphabet so we can see what interesting things are in store this time around!

By tomorrow I should have another set of about 50 Pokemon's new hidden abilities. Farfetch'd unleashed a parade of elephants on my street, each one with an image of a Pokemon on one side and the new ability on the other. That should keep me busy all night!
aw yiss hidden gigas ability

Reactions: EV

SM979

dank memes
is a Contributor Alumnus

I've translated this language, at least I think I have. It appears Regirock's ability is Solid Rock, Regigigas's ability is Battle Armor, Registeel's ability is Filter, Regice's ability is Heatproof, Darkrai's ability is Pressure, Mega Lucario's ability is Intimidate, Lucario's ability is Iron Fist, Latios and Latias's ability are both Trace, and Cresselia's ability is Fairy Aura. This is too good to be true!

Filter Registeel tho
Solid Rock Regirock tho (wait actually Rock is still a bad defensive typing)
Heatproof Regice is cool, but doesn't save it. Also why no Filter clone so we can have it be synchronized?
Regigigas is now banned.
Mega Lucario would like to say fuck you.
Base Lucario seems pretty happy, actually.
Darkrai generally prefers Bad Dreams.
Cresselia may learn Moonblast, but it is NOT A FAIRY TYPE. Levitate is much more useful defensively.
Latios and Latias... I guess they can now play Revenge Killer similarly to Mega Zam in standard? Levitate is generally more useful for Latias, not sure about Latios.

Also nice one Eevee. I did NOT see Frogger coming.

EV

Banned deucer.
I've translated this language, at least I think I have. It appears Regirock's ability is Solid Rock, Regigigas's ability is Battle Armor, Registeel's ability is Filter, Regice's ability is Heatproof, Darkrai's ability is Pressure, Mega Lucario's ability is Intimidate, Lucario's ability is Iron Fist, Latios and Latias's ability are both Trace, and Cresselia's ability is Fairy Aura. This is too good to be true!
Hm, one of those is correct from what I read. I'll have to re-check my decoder (it's on the fritz) and get back soon with the rest.

SM979

dank memes
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hm, one of those is correct from what I read. I'll have to re-check my decoder (it's on the fritz) and get back soon with the rest.
Very interesting indeed. Hopefully your secret messenger will send you a stone tablet decoding this ancient language, so it will be easier to see what abilities these Pokemon have. I do realize I've mistranslated Cresselia's ability. It's actually Natural Cure, now that I look at it.

Very interesting indeed. Hopefully your secret messenger will send you a stone tablet decoding this ancient language, so it will be easier to see what abilities these Pokemon have. I do realize I've mistranslated Cresselia's ability. It's actually Natural Cure, now that I look at it.
Aww yiss finally cress will be UU/OU

canno

formerly The Reptile
Translate the pages below (I believe I have the correct ones)

Judging by the translation, I believe the abilities are

• Regirock, Regice, and Registeel (the "Legendary Titans") get Solid Rock
  • Regigigas gets Normalize
  • Darkrai gets Frisk
  • Lucario gets Mega Launcher
  • Mega Lucario gets Guts ("Guts powers up Mega Lucario's Attack:")
  • Latios and Latias gets Synchronize
  • Mega Latias gets Marvel Scale ("Mega Latias gains Marvel Scale")
  • Mega Latios gets Adaptability ("Mega Latios gains Adaptability")
  • Cresselia gets Natural Cure

Last edited:
Lucario:.... Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, Vaccuum Wave (??). Seems kinda awesome.

Mega-Latios: oh ma gawd. o.0 Dracos, Psyshock are lulzworthy...

Regigigas: Well, time to hide and pray... The big guy finally gets a worhtwhile ability.

Lucario:.... Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, Vaccuum Wave (??). Seems kinda awesome.

Mega-Latios: oh ma gawd. o.0 Dracos, Psyshock are lulzworthy...

Regigigas: Well, time to hide and pray... The big guy finally gets a worhtwhile ability.
How is Normalize better than Slow Start? It's just as bad or even worse now that it has no coverage.

How is Normalize better than Slow Start? It's just as bad or even worse now that it has no coverage.
Well, as his coverage is terrible, he no longer has to wait 5 turns to overcome his handicap with this HA. I suppose your right but I see more potential with this. :(

canno

formerly The Reptile
Normalize is a lot better than Slow Start though, as it can hit hard right of the bat and not care (it even gets a stronger STAB in Heavy Slam - Regigigas is fat as fuck, yo. You can run Knock Off for the other fatties). The lack of coverage is a fair trade for being able to do little with said coverage anyways. Hell even some things are hit harder by Normalize STAB than coverage such as Fire Punch.

252 Atk Life Orb Slow Start Regigigas Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 73-86 (21.8 - 25.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Normalize Regigigas Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 84-100 (25.1 - 29.9%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Its only real issue is Ghosts, but it learns Foresight and has no reason not to run it. Normalize is pretty good, but I don't know if it will make Regigigas good. It's no Stall Slaking, which gives it huge competition.

Last edited:

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
regi also gets normal type thunder wave, which can be nice to paralize those ground types. thats something nice for it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)