Other [Monotype] Pffft Who Needs Variety (A Dragon Team)

I belt this song all the time at my house (I sing if you didn't know), and ya know, this Dragon Team is the latest Craze of the Century! :D

So I knew I wanted to make a team was was different than most other Dragon teams, and fun, the thing I wanted to try first was this Taunt Hydreigon set I came up with. It made as a great Anti Lead/Stallbreaker, and it was 1 of my 2 methods of hazards control.

Tyrantrum was who I decided on as my Hazards Setter. The fact that it had the strongest recoiless Head Smash would not leave my head, and I made sure I included him on my team. Originally I had him banded, but I settled on Focus Sash later on because hazards we're simply a must.

Kyurem-B is basically a necessity on all Dragon Teams, as it provided a neutrality to ice attacks. Taking advantage of that I popped on Roost, and eventually settled on a Life Orb set, so I could have a threat against Flying which is very popular right now. (I'll admit the team is pretty anti meta)

I wanted another wallbreaker on the team so Kyurem wouldn't have to do the dirty work alone. Originally I had AV Dragalge so I had something to hit Fairy, as well as anotehr hard hitter. However later in my teambuilding that got swapped for Dragonite, because Multiscale was very valuable, and with a Choice Band + Priority, it posed as a definite offensive threat.

The team so far was looking great, but I realized I desperately needed speed. Latios was who I settled on, since I wanted to round out my special attackers. Originally I ran Tailwind to abuse the fact that my team was slow, but I eventually changed that to Defog since Hydreigon couldn't prevent everything. He also fixed my major fighting weakness I had, so that was helpful.

Scp was begging me to include this, and later on when sorting through options, I managed to make it work exceptionally! I know I needed more speed, and Dragonite didn't help that much with Fighting, so majority of the time it would of been up to Latios. Moxie Outrage sweeps are super fun, and he is a great late game sweeper! He concludes my team and all its glory.

Eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy this is your Hometown Cowboy Uncle Stunny, here to present my latest work of art! Dragons haven't been getting the love they've deserved on the ladder, so I decided to get to work and make something new and fun to play with! I managed to go 12-0 on the ladder with this team on my alt, Dr4g0n Her0! (rip Scarf Latios), which is pretty good! I also would of won an OT, if it wasn't for the main shutting down rip. At first glance, it's a pretty strange looking team. You got Tyrantrum, Salamence, and a Taunt Hydreigon, which isn't on your typical Dragon team. If you didn't notice as well, this is a play-on words of the Monotype Room Intro, its ironic because there's quite a bit of variety on this team. I'll also try to continue laddering with this on my alt. Anywho, on with the explanations! :D

Hydreigon @ Life Orb

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Taunt

This was something I was toying around with for a bit, and nobody expects it! It's a great Anti-Lead/Stallbreaker I must admit. I made it Modest over Timid because with Max speed, there's no specific lead in particular your outspeeding (besides Max Speed Nidoking, but that almost never runs Stealth Rocks), so you might as well have the extra power. This has helped tremendously to prevent hazards set up from most of the common leads in the metagame, and for Walls like Chansey, locking them into Seismic Toss is handy, for an easy take out with no harm done. This is who I will almost always lead with if I am faster than my opponent's opposing lead.

Tyrantrum @ Focus Sash

Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Earthquake / Outrage
- Ice Fang / Superpower

My hazards setter. I chose Tyrantrum over Garchomp, becuase 1, nobody uses it when it's so freaking awesome, and with a sash, it was a great revenge killer for emergency situations! Recoiless Head Smash will hit any pretty hard. This guy was pretty handy for when I wanted to save Dragonite for other threats in a match.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb

Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Kyurem-B acted as my Mixed Wallbreaker. The Speed evs ensure it to outspeed 20 Speed Ev Zapdoses, so this'll ensure a dead flying core. Kyurem on Dragon is great as it acts as an Ice Resistance, so I carried roost to keep its health up at all times, it also helped to semi-negate Life Orb recoil.

Dragonite @ Choice Band

Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Head / Earthquake / Superpower
- Fire Punch

Dragonite is another must for Dragon Teams. In this team he acted as my Physical Wallbreaker, and Priority. The 184 speed evs allow it to outspeed fast base 60s such as Bisharp, and non speed invested Mews. I chose Iron Head over Earthquake because I needed something to have a fighting chance against fairies, and Salamence isn't necessarily the most reliable. Since a lot of fairy mons are bulkier, I had a relatively easier time sweeping once Klefki and Mega Diancie are taken out. Dragonite also acts as my only check to Cloyster, who would otherwise demolish the team. When Tyrantrum isn't in service for a revenge kill, Dragonite would be your secondary option thanks to Multiscale.

Latios @ Life Orb

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam / Energy Ball
- Defog

Latios acted as my fast Special Sweeper, and Defogger if hazards somehow managed to be set up. Against Dragon (because of Bulk-Chomp), and sometimes fighting (who have faster leads like Infernape and Cobalion), he is who I lead with. The set to be honest is pretty self explanitory, but I chose him over Latias (my usual pick) because it has more power, and I wouldn't have room for Healing Wish on Latias because I needed Ice Coverage.

Salamence @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Fire Blast

Your Welcome scpinion! I'm bringing back the big bad Dragon from Gen 5! A lot of people usually call it overrated, it is still just as amazing as it was back in the olden days! Along with Latios he was my only means for speed, and if you didn't notice, a lot of my team is fairy weak to fighting, so he was a great solution to both problems. Try and save him for late-game so it'll be a lot easier to sweep, and he will be our best friend! Fire Blast is for common switchins to Salamence, so you can take them by surprise and (hopefully) rid them of their evil. Iron Tail is more of a filler move if anything, but despite its shakey accuracy, it could sometimes sweep fairy once Klefki is out, and it is my best answer to Mega Diancie when Tyrantrum and Dragonite are not options. All in all very overrated mon, it's amazing trust me! (By request, it has been rightfully nicknamed Scp the Maneater)

Ice Teams: As uncommon as it is in the current metagame, there isn't a ton I can do about them. In an OT I managed to beat one (at the time replays were broken rip), but they had Adamant Weavile, a Non-Scarfed Kyurem, and a Cloyster without Focus Sash. Try and get Tyrantrum to set up SR ASAP, and if they have a Piloswine/Mamoswine, have Hydreigon ready in case they have SR. Kyurem's gonna be really helpful for taking Ice Shards, and Dragonite if you play with it right can get you at least 1 kill. If you manage to take priority out, Salamence or Latios can sweep from there.

Fairy Teams: Same situation, however this is a little more common. Have Hyreigon try and take out Klefki as early as possible. If something like Clefable manages to set up SR, save Latios to Defog it away just in case. For Mega Diancie, either keep Tyrantrum's sash in tact, Dragonite's Multiscale, or hope Salamence can hit it with an Iron Tail. If you can manage to do that, you should be able to win so long as you don't give Azumarill the chance to set up.

Dragon Teams (with Scarfers above base 100): Other Dragon teams can be threatening, especially if they have Scarf Garchomp or Latios. If you can get Tyrantrum or Dragonite to kill them early, Salamence will be able to sweep.

Other than those, it's all about keeping hazards off. If you play right alongside that, your golden! :)

Triple Trouble (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Taunt

Timothy (Tyrantrum) @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

The Rapist II (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Amadeus (Dragonite) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

Jolly Rancher (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Defog

Scp The Maneater (Salamence) @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Fire Blast

(Warning, Smiley Face Alert Incoming)
paulo graca (Overseer): Thank you for helping be build this awesome team (and stealing it/using it in the finals of that OT). I know I just met you, but your a very nice person! :)

Anttya: Math Partner! :D You also helped me build this team (even though you suck at Dragon imo), and your a rly rly rly good friend! Thank you so much :)

scpinion: You were the person that recommended for me to make a Dragon Team! I've had a lot of fun teambuilding this, and I managed to include your Salamence yay! :D Seriously though, you do a lot for the Mono Meta to thrive, and the work you put in is exceptional, Ik your probably used to getting that since a lot of people tell you that, but, thank you for being awesome! :)

dusk raimon: Hey buddy! I got my charity up and running, where I take all the money for myself. :P Anyways your a very nice person, and you extremely modest and nice to talk to. I'm glad I got to know you! :)

zulkaz (iVid): Nice to talk to about sets, you sound like a business person imo. I have fun tlaking to you fren :)

Ralker: Your one of my best friends on PS. Thanks for dealing with me for the time you've know me! (I promise this isn't a funeral xD) Your a rly rly great friend! :)

Dream Eater Gengar: Eyyyyy Happy Birthday! Imo jokes aside, your a rly nice person, and I appreciate the work you do for the community! :)

Twix and Bondie: You guys have been super helpful for helping me run the Core Challenges, and it's been rly great getting to know you two! (Twix btw you normal team is bae!) :)

If I forgot anyone lemmie know

Thanks for checking out my Dragon Team, hope you guys like it! Feel free to suggest stuff I apreciate it! :D

Last edited:

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Love team bro One thing you might want to think about is Superpower Dragonite for Normal Monos because P2 plus Chansey Core is probably a bitch to beat. Other than that love the team showcasing the Scarf Mence from Gen 5. Edit it also beats ballon Tran too

Love team bro One thing you might want to think about is Superpower Dragonite for Normal Monos because P2 plus Chansey Core is probably a bitch to beat. Other than that love the team showcasing the Scarf Mence from Gen 5. Edit it also beats ballon Tran too
You actually just reminded me that I didn't have much for normal. I'll slash that on thanks! :)

Physical Tyranitar

formerly Marquis of Blaze
Nice team, but this team has a gaping weakness to Fairies. Hydreigon can't really take out Klefki after a Light Screen, and some Klefki even carry a Mental Herb to allow it to continue functioning. Garchomp is basically superior to Tyrantrum in most ways, especially using an Offensive SR Set. Tyrantrum's Head Smash may do a lot of damage (I mean a lot), Garchomp has better typing, higher attack, bulk (on the special side), and has a Mega that you could possibly use.
For your Fairy Problem, I suggest using Dragalge. It's neutrality to Fairy comes with a Base 123 Special Defense, a diverse special movepool, and Adaptibility, meaning that it can check Togekiss, Azumarill, Whimsicott, Clefable, and many others.

Nice team, but this team has a gaping weakness to Fairies. Hydreigon can't really take out Klefki after a Light Screen, and some Klefki even carry a Mental Herb to allow it to continue functioning. Garchomp is basically superior to Tyrantrum in most ways, especially using an Offensive SR Set. Tyrantrum's Head Smash may do a lot of damage (I mean a lot), Garchomp has better typing, higher attack, bulk (on the special side), and has a Mega that you could possibly use.
For your Fairy Problem, I suggest using Dragalge. It's neutrality to Fairy comes with a Base 123 Special Defense, a diverse special movepool, and Adaptibility, meaning that it can check Togekiss, Azumarill, Whimsicott, Clefable, and many others.
Thanks for the suggestions bud. Hydrei helps against Klefki because of taunt, and it can prevent further set up, Fire Blast is awesome helpful. I wouldn't say garchomp is superior tbh, Tyrantrum I think has the better movepull, the stronger stab attack, and its a better revenge killer so long as sash is preserved. As for the fairy problem, all dragon teams have that. (In the same OT I was about to win 1 of my matches was Fairy, and I won) I did for a bit run Dragalge, but I desperately needed Dragonite, and I think in the long run that was the better investment. Thank you very much tho! :)

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, this is a pretty interesting team, but I'd have to suggest a few things.

First off, I'd suggest changing Tyrantrum to a Choice Scarf set instead of Stealth Rock, as this can allow you to better take on Ice Monotypes, as well as Diancie and other Fairy-types, as well as Normal-types via Superpower.

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe (you can also run max/max; this outpaces Tornadus-T)
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Superpower

Now, after this change is made, you don't have a Stealth Rock user, and you lack a Mega. For this, I'd suggest Mega Garchomp > Salamence. Although you lose out on a fast Choice Scarf user, Mega Garchomp helps your team out a lot, and is a pretty solid addition.

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

From this point on, there is another optional switch you could make, which is Dragalge > Hydreigon. Although Hydreigon is pretty solid on this team, Dragalge can do most things, bar being a Psychic check and having speed (although the rest of your team is fast). Dragalge can provide Toxic Spikes support which works very well with Dragon teams, as well as being a solid Fairy Check.

Dragalge @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Focus Blast
- Toxic Spikes

tl;dr
:
- >

- >

and maybe
- >

Physical Tyranitar

formerly Marquis of Blaze
Thanks for the suggestions bud. Hydrei helps against Klefki because of taunt, and it can prevent further set up, Fire Blast is awesome helpful. I wouldn't say garchomp is superior tbh, Tyrantrum I think has the better movepull, the stronger stab attack, and its a better revenge killer so long as sash is preserved. As for the fairy problem, all dragon teams have that. (In the same OT I was about to win 1 of my matches was Fairy, and I won) I did for a bit run Dragalge, but I desperately needed Dragonite, and I think in the long run that was the better investment. Thank you very much tho! :)
I guess you're right. Tyrantrum hits harder than Garchomp with a more spammable movepool, and is a better revenge killer.

Hey man, this is a pretty interesting team, but I'd have to suggest a few things.

First off, I'd suggest changing Tyrantrum to a Choice Scarf set instead of Stealth Rock, as this can allow you to better take on Ice Monotypes, as well as Diancie and other Fairy-types, as well as Normal-types via Superpower.

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe (you can also run max/max; this outpaces Tornadus-T)
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Superpower

Now, after this change is made, you don't have a Stealth Rock user, and you lack a Mega. For this, I'd suggest Mega Garchomp > Salamence. Although you lose out on a fast Choice Scarf user, Mega Garchomp helps your team out a lot, and is a pretty solid addition.

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

From this point on, there is another optional switch you could make, which is Dragalge > Hydreigon. Although Hydreigon is pretty solid on this team, Dragalge can do most things, bar being a Psychic check and having speed (although the rest of your team is fast). Dragalge can provide Toxic Spikes support which works very well with Dragon teams, as well as being a solid Fairy Check.

Dragalge @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Focus Blast
- Toxic Spikes

tl;dr
:
- >

- >

and maybe
- >
Thnx a bunch for the suggestions twix! Scarf Tyrantrum looking at it seems rly interesting, I may try that out, but atm the reason I have it is for SR, which is something a hyper offensive type like Dragon desperately needs.

As for Mega Garchomp, I had that on 1 of my original mach runs of the team, and it was an SR set, however in the long run Salamence was a much better sweeper, and it helped a lot with the fact that my team was pretty slow, and had a significant fighting weakness.

As I mentioned to TTar, I did originally have Dragalge as well, with an AV set. I'm probably not replacing Hydrei as nobody expects it as an anti lead, and Psychic is pretty prominent, so it helped a bunch against that.

I may try scarf Tyrantrum, but, tbh idk, Thanks a bunch tho! :)

I belt this song all the time at my house (I sing if you didn't know), and ya know, this Dragon Team is the latest Craze of the Century! :D

So I knew I wanted to make a team was was different than most other Dragon teams, and fun, the thing I wanted to try first was this Taunt Hydreigon set I came up with. It made as a great Anti Lead/Stallbreaker, and it was 1 of my 2 methods of hazards control.

Tyrantrum was who I decided on as my Hazards Setter. The fact that it had the strongest recoiless Head Smash would not leave my head, and I made sure I included him on my team. Originally I had him banded, but I settled on Focus Sash later on because hazards we're simply a must.

Kyurem-B is basically a necessity on all Dragon Teams, as it provided a neutrality to ice attacks. Taking advantage of that I popped on Roost, and eventually settled on a Life Orb set, so I could have a threat against Flying which is very popular right now. (I'll admit the team is pretty anti meta)

I wanted another wallbreaker on the team so Kyurem wouldn't have to do the dirty work alone. Originally I had AV Dragalge so I had something to hit Fairy, as well as anotehr hard hitter. However later in my teambuilding that got swapped for Dragonite, because Multiscale was very valuable, and with a Choice Band + Priority, it posed as a definite offensive threat.

The team so far was looking great, but I realized I desperately needed speed. Latios was who I settled on, since I wanted to round out my special attackers. Originally I ran Tailwind to abuse the fact that my team was slow, but I eventually changed that to Defog since Hydreigon couldn't prevent everything. He also fixed my major fighting weakness I had, so that was helpful.

Scp was begging me to include this, and later on when sorting through options, I managed to make it work exceptionally! I know I needed more speed, and Dragonite didn't help that much with Fighting, so majority of the time it would of been up to Latios. Moxie Outrage sweeps are super fun, and he is a great late game sweeper! He concludes my team and all its glory.

Eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy this is your Hometown Cowboy Uncle Stunny, here to present my latest work of art! Dragons haven't been getting the love they've deserved on the ladder, so I decided to get to work and make something new and fun to play with! I managed to go 12-0 on the ladder with this team on my alt, Dr4g0n Her0! (rip Scarf Latios), which is pretty good! I also would of won an OT, if it wasn't for the main shutting down rip. At first glance, it's a pretty strange looking team. You got Tyrantrum, Salamence, and a Taunt Hydreigon, which isn't on your typical Dragon team. If you didn't notice as well, this is a play-on words of the Monotype Room Intro, its ironic because there's quite a bit of variety on this team. I'll also try to continue laddering with this on my alt. Anywho, on with the explanations! :D

Hydreigon @ Life Orb

Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Taunt

This was something I was toying around with for a bit, and nobody expects it! It's a great Anti-Lead/Stallbreaker I must admit. I made it Modest over Timid because with Max speed, there's no specific lead in particular your outspeeding (besides Max Speed Nidoking, but that almost never runs Stealth Rocks), so you might as well have the extra power. This has helped tremendously to prevent hazards set up from most of the common leads in the metagame, and for Walls like Chansey, locking them into Seismic Toss is handy, for an easy take out with no harm done. This is who I will almost always lead with if I am faster than my opponent's opposing lead.

Tyrantrum @ Focus Sash

Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Earthquake / Outrage
- Ice Fang / Superpower

My hazards setter. I chose Tyrantrum over Garchomp, becuase 1, nobody uses it when it's so freaking awesome, and with a sash, it was a great revenge killer for emergency situations! Recoiless Head Smash will hit any pretty hard. This guy was pretty handy for when I wanted to save Dragonite for other threats in a match.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb

Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Kyurem-B acted as my Mixed Wallbreaker. The Speed evs ensure it to outspeed 20 Speed Ev Zapdoses, so this'll ensure a dead flying core. Kyurem on Dragon is great as it acts as an Ice Resistance, so I carried roost to keep its health up at all times, it also helped to semi-negate Life Orb recoil.

Dragonite @ Choice Band

Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Head / Earthquake / Superpower
- Fire Punch

Dragonite is another must for Dragon Teams. In this team he acted as my Physical Wallbreaker, and Priority. The 184 speed evs allow it to outspeed fast base 60s such as Bisharp, and non speed invested Mews. I chose Iron Head over Earthquake because I needed something to have a fighting chance against fairies, and Salamence isn't necessarily the most reliable. Since a lot of fairy mons are bulkier, I had a relatively easier time sweeping once Klefki and Mega Diancie are taken out. Dragonite also acts as my only check to Cloyster, who would otherwise demolish the team. When Tyrantrum isn't in service for a revenge kill, Dragonite would be your secondary option thanks to Multiscale.

Latios @ Life Orb

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam / Energy Ball
- Defog

Latios acted as my fast Special Sweeper, and Defogger if hazards somehow managed to be set up. Against Dragon (because of Bulk-Chomp), and sometimes fighting (who have faster leads like Infernape and Cobalion), he is who I lead with. The set to be honest is pretty self explanitory, but I chose him over Latias (my usual pick) because it has more power, and I wouldn't have room for Healing Wish on Latias because I needed Ice Coverage.

Salamence @ Choice Scarf

Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Fire Blast

Your Welcome scpinion! I'm bringing back the big bad Dragon from Gen 5! A lot of people usually call it overrated, it is still just as amazing as it was back in the olden days! Along with Latios he was my only means for speed, and if you didn't notice, a lot of my team is fairy weak to fighting, so he was a great solution to both problems. Try and save him for late-game so it'll be a lot easier to sweep, and he will be our best friend! Fire Blast is for common switchins to Salamence, so you can take them by surprise and (hopefully) rid them of their evil. Iron Tail is more of a filler move if anything, but despite its shakey accuracy, it could sometimes sweep fairy once Klefki is out, and it is my best answer to Mega Diancie when Tyrantrum and Dragonite are not options. All in all very overrated mon, it's amazing trust me! (By request, it has been rightfully nicknamed Scp the Maneater)

Ice Teams: As uncommon as it is in the current metagame, there isn't a ton I can do about them. In an OT I managed to beat one (at the time replays were broken rip), but they had Adamant Weavile, a Non-Scarfed Kyurem, and a Cloyster without Focus Sash. Try and get Tyrantrum to set up SR ASAP, and if they have a Piloswine/Mamoswine, have Hydreigon ready in case they have SR. Kyurem's gonna be really helpful for taking Ice Shards, and Dragonite if you play with it right can get you at least 1 kill. If you manage to take priority out, Salamence or Latios can sweep from there.

Fairy Teams: Same situation, however this is a little more common. Have Hyreigon try and take out Klefki as early as possible. If something like Clefable manages to set up SR, save Latios to Defog it away just in case. For Mega Diancie, either keep Tyrantrum's sash in tact, Dragonite's Multiscale, or hope Salamence can hit it with an Iron Tail. If you can manage to do that, you should be able to win so long as you don't give Azumarill the chance to set up.

Dragon Teams (with Scarfers above base 100): Other Dragon teams can be threatening, especially if they have Scarf Garchomp or Latios. If you can get Tyrantrum or Dragonite to kill them early, Salamence will be able to sweep.

Other than those, it's all about keeping hazards off. If you play right alongside that, your golden! :)

Triple Trouble (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Taunt

Timothy (Tyrantrum) @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

The Rapist II (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Amadeus (Dragonite) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

Jolly Rancher (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Defog

Scp The Maneater (Salamence) @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Fire Blast

(Warning, Smiley Face Alert Incoming)
paulo graca (Overseer): Thank you for helping be build this awesome team (and stealing it/using it in the finals of that OT). I know I just met you, but your a very nice person! :)

Anttya: Math Partner! :D You also helped me build this team (even though you suck at Dragon imo), and your a rly rly rly good friend! Thank you so much :)

scpinion: You were the person that recommended for me to make a Dragon Team! I've had a lot of fun teambuilding this, and I managed to include your Salamence yay! :D Seriously though, you do a lot for the Mono Meta to thrive, and the work you put in is exceptional, Ik your probably used to getting that since a lot of people tell you that, but, thank you for being awesome! :)

dusk raimon: Hey buddy! I got my charity up and running, where I take all the money for myself. :P Anyways your a very nice person, and you extremely modest and nice to talk to. I'm glad I got to know you! :)

zulkaz (iVid): Nice to talk to about sets, you sound like a business person imo. I have fun tlaking to you fren :)

Ralker: Your one of my best friends on PS. Thanks for dealing with me for the time you've know me! (I promise this isn't a funeral xD) Your a rly rly great friend! :)

Dream Eater Gengar: Eyyyyy Happy Birthday! Imo jokes aside, your a rly nice person, and I appreciate the work you do for the community! :)

Twix and Bondie: You guys have been super helpful for helping me run the Core Challenges, and it's been rly great getting to know you two! (Twix btw you normal team is bae!) :)

If I forgot anyone lemmie know

Thanks for checking out my Dragon Team, hope you guys like it! Feel free to suggest stuff I apreciate it! :D
Team looks great. Noticed you dont have much of a sweeper other than salemence with its moxic.

Tyrantrum would be an awesome fit for this. This moveset on dragon is always a good look. With a dragon dance up its an awesome sweep, lum berry is to stop potential burns or t-waves, and iron head is there as an option incase a nasty fairy is up in your way and you dont have coverage.

You can use this set if you see its better suited for your needs, if its not fine by me. and like i said earlier, nice dragon team, respect for using tyrantrum, as im a notable rock user.

Tyrantrum @ Focus Sash

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang / Iron Head / Stealth Rock

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi. Cool team. To be honest I don't see the point of Tyrantrum being an inferior Garchomp here. So you can run a Mega Garchomp instead of Tyrantrum. That gives you a solid Pokemon with great bulk and power which can hit Fairies harder. Since you're weak to other Dragon-types with scarfers above base 100 speed (which is 70% of them), try running a Defog Latias over Salamence, since with the addition of Garchomp ice shard just wrecks your team once Stealth Rocks are up. And therefore, you can run a Choice Scarf Latios over Life Orb to get a solid revenge killer that doesn't get outsped by Terrakion and gives you a better winning chance against opposing Dragon-types. I would also change Kyurem EVs Max SpA Max Speed with Naive nature, so that I can outspeed Mamoswine which is a really dangerous Pokemon to face overall, and Kyurem, being one of the best checks to it, should not lose to it once Stealth Rock is up.

Here are the sets:
Garchomp @ Garchompite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor / Tailwind
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam / Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Steel]
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

That's about it. Good luck!

Team looks great. Noticed you dont have much of a sweeper other than salemence with its moxic.

Tyrantrum would be an awesome fit for this. This moveset on dragon is always a good look. With a dragon dance up its an awesome sweep, lum berry is to stop potential burns or t-waves, and iron head is there as an option incase a nasty fairy is up in your way and you dont have coverage.

You can use this set if you see its better suited for your needs, if its not fine by me. and like i said earlier, nice dragon team, respect for using tyrantrum, as im a notable rock user.

Tyrantrum @ Focus Sash

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang / Iron Head / Stealth Rock

Thnx for the suggestion chompers! While I think a second physical sweeper would be nice, I need hazards in order to have an easier time sweeper, as it gives me more of an edge against, ice, flying, bug, fire, and other dragon teams. It also helps to break sashes. So long as I save tyrantrum help, it's strong enough to get a revenge kill. I may try that tho thanks!
Hi. Cool team. To be honest I don't see the point of Tyrantrum being an inferior Garchomp here. So you can run a Mega Garchomp instead of Tyrantrum. That gives you a solid Pokemon with great bulk and power which can hit Fairies harder. Since you're weak to other Dragon-types with scarfers above base 100 speed (which is 70% of them), try running a Defog Latias over Salamence, since with the addition of Garchomp ice shard just wrecks your team once Stealth Rocks are up. And therefore, you can run a Choice Scarf Latios over Life Orb to get a solid revenge killer that doesn't get outsped by Terrakion and gives you a better winning chance against opposing Dragon-types. I would also change Kyurem EVs Max SpA Max Speed with Naive nature, so that I can outspeed Mamoswine which is a really dangerous Pokemon to face overall, and Kyurem, being one of the best checks to it, should not lose to it once Stealth Rock is up.

Here are the sets:
Garchomp @ Garchompite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor / Tailwind
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam / Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Steel]
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

That's about it. Good luck!
I don't see a need for scarf latios other than to outspeed other dragons. I personally find it weak without LO or specs tbh. As for the mega chomp suggestion, Tyrantrum is by no means inferior, I think with a sash it is actually just as good tbh. For kyurem, your mentioning mamoswine, why max speed over making it 285 (enough to outspeed Jolly ones), you can preserve some bulk that way instead of investing all speed.
Tl;df I may try the Kyurem suggestion if mamo proves to be more of a problem, the rest I'm pretty content with. Thnx! :)

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
woah team
yay for uniqueness
anyways i will now revert to my standard rating format o/

1) Have you considered Lum Berry > Focus Sash on Tyrantrum? Yeah, Sash is nice, but unless you want mega sableye to have a field day lum berry is probably good. It also turns tyrantrum into a somewhat reliable breloom check, because mach punch barely 2hkos (252 Atk Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyrantrum: 170-204 (55.5 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO and you could even EV it to live 2 if you like, and breloom can run circles around this team if it predicts lati and rock tombs correctly. Just general status absorber is nice, since you team has no twave absorber (*cough* add garchomp *cough*) or the less important but still important tox absorbe (dragalge is the best one dragon has but meh its not that important of a role).

2) Ngl I prefer Roost > Draco on Lati, you aren't lacking dragon coverage and having some longevity is great. As it is now, you are very weak to a well built fighting mono, which is not something dragon is usually worried about.

That's all I got for ya. Really solid team.

woah team
yay for uniqueness
anyways i will now revert to my standard rating format o/

1) Have you considered Lum Berry > Focus Sash on Tyrantrum? Yeah, Sash is nice, but unless you want mega sableye to have a field day lum berry is probably good. It also turns tyrantrum into a somewhat reliable breloom check, because mach punch barely 2hkos (252 Atk Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyrantrum: 170-204 (55.5 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO and you could even EV it to live 2 if you like, and breloom can run circles around this team if it predicts lati and rock tombs correctly. Just general status absorber is nice, since you team has no twave absorber (*cough* add garchomp *cough*) or the less important but still important tox absorbe (dragalge is the best one dragon has but meh its not that important of a role).

2) Ngl I prefer Roost > Draco on Lati, you aren't lacking dragon coverage and having some longevity is great. As it is now, you are very weak to a well built fighting mono, which is not something dragon is usually worried about.

That's all I got for ya. Really solid team.
Mega sableye isn't nessisarily a problem for this team bc at plus 1, hydrei will still do a good chunk, plus sableye usually won't be able to do much to it anyways. As for roost, it's meant to be a sweeper, I don't need it tbh. Thanks tho :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)