The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i still think its fucked up that we let michael vick, greg hardy, adrian peterson in the league and talk about how awesome peyton manning was but damn that manziel guy is the worst player ever in the whole league

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
i still think its fucked up that we let michael vick, greg hardy, adrian peterson in the league and talk about how awesome peyton manning was but damn that manziel guy is the worst player ever in the whole league
To be fair I have nothing against Peterson raising his son the same way he was - with physical punishment. I get that the law says he can't, but he was raised in a certain environment and believes that a similar one is the only way he can help his son get similar success.

I feel like the Vikings just picked this German dude to make it a feel-good story to get media hype. I honestly see this as another Jarryd Hayne story but I hope I'm wrong. If the kid can ball, that's awesome but there's no way he's going to be used much at all. He's probably just a practice squad player.

I feel like the Vikings just picked this German dude to make it a feel-good story to get media hype. I honestly see this as another Jarryd Hayne story but I hope I'm wrong. If the kid can ball, that's awesome but there's no way he's going to be used much at all. He's probably just a practice squad player.
I think they picked him more as a long-term project and because the team's WRs as a whole are bad enough that they'll take a chance on anyone. Also with Cordarelle definitely not being renewed after 2016, someone's got to be ready to fill in for him. The media honed in on that story on their own.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I renewed the SmogonBomb fantasy football league from last year. Not sure which league (A? B? C?) it is, but when I renewed it Yahoo automatically renewed every other team. Not sure how to go about fixing this, as there will most certainly be at least 1 or 2 people who don't want to/can't/shouldn't continue being in the league.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
you can remove teams manually. I usually give a deadline for returning teams to register by, several reminders, and then removal if they fail to join in time. Also, if you had any teams who went inactive last year or otherwise dicked around, they should be removed as well and me notified so I can blacklist them

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Reports indicate he's expected back in time for training camp being that it's a minor tear. Granted, knee injuries should never be taken lightly, but this does not appear to be nearly as serious as Fowler.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

So apparently Ray Lewis retore his tricep the night before the SB and he played anyway (mentioned at the end of the vid), this doesn't surprise me in the slightest #GOAT

Last edited:
I don't understand why Nate Robinson would pursue his NFL dream and work out for the....Seattle Seahawks...as a defensive back. Of all the teams to try out for, maybe choose one you actually have a shot(intentional basketball pun) of making the roster. He has talent and athleticism but he hasn't played football since high school and he's in his 30's now. I just think it's something for the media to cover in this dry offseason(post-draft that is)

Bumping because Brady's appeal for a re-hearing officially got denied. That, and some of the other things that have been going on (Crowell's picture, etc) have kinda put the NFL back at the front of the sports world for a little bit.

31 other corrupted NFL teams and jealous fanbases got Tom Brady suspended and railroaded for literally nothing.

Anyone with an 8th grade reading level knows this entire thing was a sham.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
31 other corrupted NFL teams and jealous fanbases got Tom Brady suspended and railroaded for literally nothing.

Anyone with an 8th grade reading level knows this entire thing was a sham.
and more importantly is not clouded with FUCK BRADY HES GOOD SO HE HAS TO CHEAT AND THEY DON'T TALK TO THE MEDIA SO THE MEDIA HATES THEM AND MAKES US HATE THEM FUCK BRADY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)