Project ORAS PU Teambuilding Competition (See post #362)

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Haund's, with Rebel Pawniards and lockjaw close seconds

(Terrakion's is awesome except for the lack of Stoutland switch-in ://)

Muk @ Leftovers
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 132 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch

Quilladin @ Eviolite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roar
- Seed Bomb
- Synthesis

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Encore
- Scald

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Return
- Pursuit

To start off the team I of course went with the mandatory core of Muk and Probopass, opting for CurseTalk with Gunk shot and offensive trapper probo with an air balloon for the ability to safely switch into metang one time and be able to heavily damage Golem in a lead position vs it alongside its normal capabilities. To start off the actual teambuilding I added Quilladin for its ability to counter/check a myriad of physical attackers, important ones being physical Floatzel and Golem. The reason I didn't go with tangela who does a similar job but better is Spikes, allowing for the pivoting of Probo to be more effective as well as let Muk at least pressure grounded mons (steels importantly) to come in for a guaranteed 12%+ damage so not a total loss of momentum. Next came Grumpig for its useful resistances, countering regice and checking all fire types as well as handling Psychics like Mime who would focus blast probo otherwise. T-wave was used over taunt to emergency check mons and slow certain ones (not steels ofc) for Muk like beheeyem who grumpig can't exactly handle well. Now looking at the team theres an issue with special waters, while grumpig and Muk both handle them decently keeping them healthy is key to handling mons like rotom-f who can freely pivot on the team, so I went with politoed to counter the special waters in the tier bar chinchou, but encore was added to help suffocate it from doing much other than staying healthy. Lastly the team is slow and Dodrio instantly came to mind for several reasons, it works great with probo the same way probo does with muk, but it can actually damage the steels types which I'll talk about later on when discussing the spreads.

Probopass and Politoed are the only non-standard spreads but they are for what I'd like to think are good reasons. Knowing defensive mawile is 136 uninvested, with a chance to run 8 speed evs without changing its bulk (248 HP, 252 def +, 8 speed) so I ran enough speed to trap it before it can baton pass away from probo and nail it with earth power. Unfortunately to maintain the bulk I had to drop Spa so its not as strong but it gets the job done, the spikes from quilladin and with mawile as the main dodrio answer a team would have its sure to get in range of Earth Power.
132+ SpA Probopass Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mawile: 214-252 (70.6 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(214, 216, 218, 220, 224, 226, 228, 230, 234, 236, 238, 240, 244, 246, 248, 252)
3 layers of spikes guarantee the KO.
Politoed is simply speed creep for modest/adamant cacturne.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor

Probopass @ Air Balloon
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Muk @ Black Sludge
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Poison Jab
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Vibrava @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Lapras @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Freeze-Dry

Dodrio @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Grumpig @ Leftovers
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Substitute
- Focus Blast

I have no love for Proboass, but Probo-Muk is actually kind of neat and is the latest trend so I had to build a team. Modest Probo with enough speed for Defensive Baton Pass Mawile so I can trap and eliminate that for Muk, Air Balloon so I can actually trap Metang without dying in one hit. I decided to add a Specs Lapras cause I hadn't built around that in a long time and it's cool. It also serves as a physical water type check since Probopass and Muk don't cover that. I wanted a hazard remover of course, and I went with physically defensive Vibrava for three reasons. Firstly, it provides me a Volt Switch absorber so I don't have to scramble for one later in teambuilding. Secondly it hardwalls Golem, a huge threat to ProboMuk. And finally, it provides a check to SD monferno which can be very scary to slower teams. For my next pokemon I wanted something with a little speed, as well as wallbreaking power. Choice Band Dodrio was a good fit. It provides great support to Muk by Pursuiting Psychic-Types like Grumpig and Mime that would otherwise be very scary (as well as other dangerous stuff like -1 Def Stoutland, Dusknoir, Missy, and Metang), and it revenge kills SD Leafeon if Muk is too worn down to check it. It also suicides itself past some of Muk's checks/counters like Metang or Golem if you are bold enough to stay in and just spam Brave Bird. Grumpig was added as the last pokemon- mainly because I wanted a secondary Monferno check. I chose CM Grumpig because a secondary win condition is always neat in case Muk just can't win...Overall I kinda like this team, it has decent synergy and some neat cores. The speed is a little lacking and it's weak to some midspeed stuff like Stoutland/Gabite but that's what happens when you build a team with Probopass I guess

Last edited:

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 134 HP / 252 SpA / 122 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Power Gem
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Muk @ Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Poison Jab
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Vibrava @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost
- Earthquake

Pelipper @ Life Orb
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump
- Agility
- Roost

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Floatzel @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Veil
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Aqua Jet
- Pursuit

Probopass and Muk is a nice double dynamic , Probopass help Muk against Steel types since they are the only thing that Muk Muk attack can no longer help Probopass with Bulk Water Type to Lumineon and Lapras. The two have a weakness in common Ground the best solution is to put a Grass/Bulky Water/Ground Resist and I chose was Vibrava. Vibrava is a nice Pokémon to stop Volt -switch also has a good sp.def to endure moves of Grumpig in the case gives a great job for Muk and Probopass. Pelipper not make much sense in this team since I have a Hazard control, but this set I've seen my friend Dundies using is very good, Pelipper goes well in Monferno and other types Water , Agility can help at certain times in the endgame. A larger counter this team would Bouffalant AV and Ursaring since both are powerful and It has many moves and Probopass not take Fight Types, so put Misdreavus is a great counter to Bouffalant and a great check to Ursaring also helps me with other Muks and Duosion with NP. And the last Pokémon Floatzel I needed at the end of a Pokémon fast and powerful at first thought of Dodrio but Floatzel found most useful his Pursuit can give more help against Grumpig facilitating Muk of Sweep in the Late Game.

And no, i not have 2 defoggers ;)

Last edited:
Muk @ Black Sludge
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak
- Fire Punch

Probopass @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Synthesis
- Knock Off

Floatzel @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Return
- Pursuit

To start the team I obviously used the given core, Muk and Probopass. Then I added Leafeon to cover the very blatant weakness to ground. Leafeon's high defense can switch in on almost all ground types and pressure them into a switch. I next added Floatzel to revenge kill fire types (mainly) and to just be a general threat to the other team. Dusknoir was then added as a bulky mon that pressures psychic types and can switch in on normal and fighting type moves. Between Probopass and Dusknoir my team had plenty of bulk so I added a fast revenge killer who can also sweep late game.

Last edited:

Muk (M) @ Black Sludge
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Poison Jab
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Probopass (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 172 HP / 36 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Trick

Vibrava (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost

Grumpig (F) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Leafeon (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Leaf Guard
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Aerial Ace
- Quick Attack

I personally don't really use Probo that much, and I like the MetangMuk core more, but I still tried to build around them. First I started with SpDef Curse Muk. I personally like Jab better than Gunk, because of the higher accuracy. Then I went for an offensive Probo to trap those steels, like Metang or other Probos, which wall Muk. The 48 speed are there to outspeed base 45's like Golem or Armaldo. I also prefer Toxic over Flash Cannon to cripple those fatmons. Now I added scarfed Rotom-F, my favourite mon in the tier atm. I really like this mon right now, because it is a amazing momentum-gainer and it creates a cool fast-slow U-Turn core with Probo. Also Trick is cool. After my first three mons I realized that Vibrava is perfect for this team. It gets Defog, which helps Rotom alot, It has an highly appreciated electric immunity and also another ground immunity, which the core is very weak to. After Vibrava I was a little bit stuck. I realized that I had a huge Monferno weakness, but I couldn't find the right mon. Ultimately I did go with Sub-CM Grumpig, which I have never used before and wow this was a good choice. Because of 2 Volt-Switchers and a U-Turner I found so many set up opportunities. Last but not least I added Banded Leafeon, because I needed some immediate power. Shout outs to Lord Sample Teams for Aerial Ace to lure Monferno (It does a minimum of 79,5% to eviolite Monferno). I'm also prefering adamant over jolly for the power.

Muk @ Black Sludge
Ability: Stench
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Curse
- Poison Jab

Probopass @ Air Balloon
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- U-turn
- Toxic

Raichu @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Sleep Powder
- Seed Bomb
- U-turn

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Protect

I am using SpDef Muk as my wincon. I am using poison jab instead of gunk shot to make it harder for pressure mons, such as Dusclops and Articuno, to pp stall my Muk. I am pairing this with Magnet Pull Probopass so i can trap steel types which can tank my Muk. I am running taunt on my Probopass to force mons with little to no affensive moves out, such as Gourgeist, Audino or Clefairy, and then i can use volt switch to get momentum or to switch into Muk. After air balloon is popped on Probopass i lack a good ground resist. I decided to use Lumineon in my next spot as a hazard remover and ground resist. Lumineon is also a nice water resist and can form a good volturn combination with Probo. I was noticing next that my team needed a fast mon to revenge kill. I decided to use Raichu as it has lightning rod and can setup with nasty plot and deal alot of damage. I was starting to notice that half of my team was setup mons and i was getting a bit weak to ground types again so i decided to use Jumpluff. Jumpluff can put mons to sleep, which my Muk and Raichu greatly appreciate, and also does well in a voltturn core with Probo and lumineon, being immune to ground type moves. At the end i noticed that my team needed a mon that could hurt Grumpig and threaten other normal types, such as Stoutland. I decided to use Ursaring as it is fast and can deal alot of damage to Grumpig and other normal types, like Stout.

Last edited:
haxed out of winning last week

starting off i decided to take advantage of cb muk (broken). It has enough coverage to abuse it well and has a nuke with gunk shot. probo was required so i used the offensive pivot set then decided to build volt-turn. pelipper was added for scald burns, reliable recovery, and its ability to clear hazards. I decided to add another pokemon i fell in love with from my last team cb leafeon. afterwards, grumpig provided great offensive utility and electrode finished the team off with a chatot switch in and can either continue the momentum with volt switch or revenge the target. the purpose i had behind building was switching a lot to be able to give the two nukes on the team muk and leafeon as many free switch ins as possible.

Muk @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Brick Break
- Shadow Sneak
- Ice Punch

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Defog
- U-turn

Probopass @ Leftovers
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Leafeon @ Choice Band
Ability: Leaf Guard
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- X-Scissor

Electrode @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Signal Beam

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
So I was gonna post a team earlier but it was literally MoM's team but with Stoutland instead of Dodrio so here's a new team:

Muk @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Poison Jab
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Probopass @ Air Balloon
EVs: 188 HP / 228 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon

Quilladin @ Eviolite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Spikes
- Synthesis
- Roar

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Drifblim @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Def / 36 SpD / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Substitute

Floatzel @ Leftovers
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bulk Up
- Aqua Jet
- Frustration

I started with the required core and went with Spdef CroMuk because of how good it is at sponging hits, pivoting, checking Cacturne, and just being a solid wincon overall. Probopass is the standard Magnet Pull set with enough speed to outrun 8 speed Mawile and most Metang variants. Air Balloon helps Probo in this match up by avoiding Earthquake for 1 turn so you get off as much damage as possible on Metang and other Probopass. This core is of course incredibly weak to ground, so i chose on of the best ground checks in the tier in Quilladin. I'm using Quilladin over other bulky grasses because Spikes can really help chip Muk checks. I'm running this Spdef spread that can take 2 Ice beams from most unboosted waters in the tier as well as still being able to check Golem and Physical waters pretty well. This helps take some of the pressure off Muk in checking some of these fast special threats while also being able to beat most electric types like Zebstrika, something Phys Def Quill can't really do. At this point in the building process I saw two big weaknesses: Monferno and Psychic types with fighting coverage(aka all of them). However I wanted to keep this team on the offensive side and focus around the strategy of wearing down Muk's checks to facilitate a sweep late game. So I opted for offensive checks to the aforementioned threats that can pressure Steels and Rock types that give Muk trouble. Stoutland is my Psychic check and dedicated wallbreaker. I opted for Pursuit>Crunch since i wanted to weaken Psychic types that want to switch and I also wasn't very worried about Metang because of Probo and have Floatzel for Solrock. The next mon I added was a mon that I pair a lot with Stoutland in Drifblim. Credit to Megazard for this offensive core cause it works pretty well. Stoutland can wear down Drifblim's checks like Rocks, Steels, Vullaby, Stunfisk, etc. When you couple this with Probopass trapping steels Drifblim can become a very threatening sweeper late game. Sucker Punch is being used over anything else cause I didn't have any other priority on the team. For the last mon I was thinking I still looked incredibly Monferno weak so I added BU 3 attacks Floatzel. The reason for the relatively uncommon Float set is that I didn't want a LO set because it could be too easily worn down and I hate using Choiced Floatzel's because of all the water immunities in PU. He can also setup in stuff like Pelipper and Lumineon's face which is nice. Frustration is used over Ice Punch cause I have little need for hitting Grass types when I have the best grass check in the game in Muk and I just thought being able to hit water types was more valuable. I was experimenting with Bulk Up Baton Pass Floatzel which was really fun to pass to Muk and Stoutland but I decided it wasn't consistent enough and Aqua Jet would be better to have the majority of the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)