Battle Tree Discussion and Records

I'm finally back. It has taken me freakin' forever to get to 50 on super doubles but I finally made it.
I tried using the team below in the quotation box which I used to get to 20 to unlock super doubles, but the team just falls apart constantly.
not only that but the entire party was changed in terms of moves and final Pokemon slot.
Pelipper ended up having modest nature and tailwind replaced with protect. also it became female, because that was the first modest one i got with 5 max IV's.
Togedemaru was left the same, except fell stinger became u-turn and zing zap became wild charge.
Gastrodon lost recover and got Protect.
and Mega Metagross was replaced by Choice scarf Garchomp, Mega Salamance and finally Mega Aerodactyl of all things.
The latter with Mega Aerodactyl made it all the way to battle 45 where I lost to a mega Ampharos/ Aerodactyl lead. Mold breaker cut right through lightning rod :(
Aerodactyl was fun though. I used Rock slide and sky drop as my main attack moves with roost and protect. After loosing a match due to Skydrop leaving me vulnerable on the turn landing, I replaced it with Ariel ace and never looked back. Evasion is hella annoying.

Pelipper (Male): 7.8Out of 10.
Item: Waterium-Z.
Nature: Timid.
Ability: Drizzle.
IV's: 31/ **/ 31/ 31/ 31/ 31
EV's: 4 HP. 252 Sp. Atk. 252 Speed.
-Tailwind
-Wide Guard
-Hurricane
-Hydro Pump

Togedemaru (Male): Rolly Polly.
Item: Air Balloon.
Nature: Jolly.
Ability: Lightning Rod.
IV's: 31/ 31/ 31/ **/ 31/ 31
EV's: 4 Hp. 252 Atk. 252 Speed.
-Fake Out
-Spiky Shield
-Zing Zap
-Fell stinger

Gastrodon (Female): Shelly.
Item: Leftovers.
Nature: Relaxed.
Ability: Storm Drain.
IV's: 31/ 31/ 31/ 31/ 31/ **
EV's: 252 HP. 244 Def. 16 Sp. Def.
-Muddy Water
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-Recover

Metagross: (no nickname yet)
Item: Metagrossite.
Ability: Clear Body.
IV's: 31/ 31/ 31/ 30?/ 31/ 31 (The Sp. attack says Fantastic?)
EV's: 4HP. 252 Atk. 252 Speed.
-Bullet Punch
-Zen Headbutt
-Meteor Mash
-Hammer Arm
After a lot of talk with a friend of mine called Joe, he suggested that I scrap Pelipper altogether, and instead try using Gyarados.
We went into a long and heated discussion over a successful super doubles run he had in the ORAS battle maison where he used Mega Gyarados, Raichu, Clefable and an event shiny Entei which came with the Zoroark movie, to get up to 400+ wins. The strategy he used was fake out with focus sash Raichu lead and dragon dance for free turn 1. Switch out with volt switch turn 2 and spam follow me with Clefable. if the opponent tries using any electric attacks, encore them in using only that move.
Entei had psych up as well to copy all of Gyarados' stat boosts if it ever came to that.
Raichu isn't available yet. Well not the one with Lightning Rod anyway. Nor is Entei.
For this I had to improvise and come up with alternatives and this is the new team I came up with.

Gyarados (Male): FirinMyLazer
Item: Gyaradosite.
Ability: Intimidate/ Mold Breaker.
EV's: 4 HP. 252 Atk. 252 Speed.
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Stone Edge

...Fires beam of destruction the face of its enemies. This is the same Mega Gyarados I used for my Super Singles win streak. Its got Stone Edge over Protect as a coverage move now. Surprisingly hasn't missed too many times with that 80% acc. Basically your main goal with this thing, is to keep this behemoth alive for as long as possible, using Togedemaru and Clefable to draw attacks away, and set up to sweep teams with Dragon Dance safely. And oh boy is this thing scary once set up.
As every Mega Gyarados player knows, its not always best to mega evolve right away. Especially against ground type trainers. Once you have removed the threats then you can mega evolve. The only reason to mega evolve sooner would be to prevent a Stone Edge or Rock Slide from dealing super effective damage and to block psychic type damage.

Togedemaru (Male): ItsaFootball.
Item: Focus Sash.
-Fake Out
-Encore
-Zing Zap
-U-Turn

...Its a stone Luigi. You Didn't make it. But its even official size! A different Togedemaru from the one I used with Pelipper. It has Encore now. I'll get into that later.
This thing is getting replaced by Raichu when Pokebank comes out, but until then this thing works out just as well and fills the same role. If not better against Poison types. Lightning Rod diverts Electric attacks away from Gyarados, and Turn one fake out will secure a free Dragon Dance on Gyarados 99% of the time. The other 1% is when Togedemaru gets out sped by another Fake Out user turn 1, and Gyarados gets flinched. I mentioned this problem in a post back in December, but not much i can do about it. If the focus sash breaks but you survive after turn, its best to switch out and use Fake Out again later when it matters.
Encore is a new move over Spiky Shield and is hilarious when used correctly. Turn one Thunderbolt/ Thunder Wave... Encore next turn. Turn 1 Protect/ other random non damaging move... Encore it. 9 times out of 10 the opponent will be forced to switch out, giving me more free turns of setting up Dragon Dances. Zing Zap is preferred over Wild Charge on a focus sash set as it doesn't cause recoil and the flinch has saved me a couple of times. If choosing to use Air Balloon, go with Wild Charge as your not loosing anything there and does more damage with recoil. Focus sash is preferred though so you can guarantee you survive into turn 2.
If Togedemaru outspeeds everything on the opponents side of the field, go for U-turn for chip damage. This move straight up OHKO's Alakazam's and any dragon type moves aimed at Togedemaru becomes nullified when Clefable comes out.

Clefable (Female): Worst to 1st.
Item: Leftovers.
Nature: Bold.
Ability: Magic Guard.
IV's: 31/ **/ 31/ 31/ 31/ 31
EV's: 252 HP. 252 Def. 4 Sp. Def.
-Follow Me
-Moonblast
-Ice Beam
-Moonlight

...Hahahahaha! Jessie: Nice guys always... James: Finish last. Meowth: We Just went from worst to first. Heh! What a classic Pokemon episode in season 1, but enough of all that. Basically Clefable spams Follow me like there's no tomorrow. That's it. That's its only role on the entire team. If you using its other moves then something must of happened in the battle to force you to do such a thing. Taunt for example is a good enough reason to use Moon Blast or Ice beam, which the latter was never used once in the entire 50 win streak. Still the coverage is nice. Moonlight has prolonged its health somewhat in some matches when the opponent only wants to target Clefable over Gyarados etc. Softboiled is preferred here, but until Pokebank comes out your stuck with Moonlight.
Another option I considered over Ice Beam was Helping hand. Sadly i'll have to breed Clefable again if I want the move. Damn the evolution stone Pokemon.

Arcanine (Male): Much Doge
Item: Firium Z
Nature: Adamant.
Ability: Intimidate.
EV's: 4HP. 252 Atk. 252 Speed.
-Inferno Overdrive/ Flare Blitz
-Close Combat
-Wild Charge
-Extreme Speed

...Much love. Much Power. Much Memories. Memes aside, this is the "If all else fails" Pokemon who's fire typing synergies perfectly with Gyarados. Marowak can be used here to fill the same role, as I used Marowak with Gyarados in my super multi battles. However the lightning rod ability could throw off Togedemaru's zing zap, meaning I would have to re-breed it for rock head which is a hidden ability and that would take too long to get. Marowak is also lacking in the coverage department outside of Pokebank, plus it has a low speed stat, which pretty much made me choose Arcanine. Besides... my friend as I said earlier was using the shiny event Entei which had extreme speed, and what other fire type gets extreme speed... Arcanine! If Gyarados mega evolves too soon and the opponent sends out a grass or ice type, I can switch into Arcanine. (Don't switch into the Water/ Ice types). Having another user of intimidate helps too. I've had games where I've juggled Arcanine and Gyarados around to Intimate the opponents attack stats to the point that they are no longer a threat. Inferno overdrive should only be used on a Pokemon with full hp. If there's a grass or ice type with only half hp or less, just Flare Blitz it. Inferno overdrive prevents recoil damage though if your worried about that. Its other moves are all pretty standard for a normal Arcanine set in singles. Close combat batters rock types. Wild Charge batters water and flying types. Just watch out for Togedemaru if that things still alive, as Wild Charge becomes a useless move. and Extreme Speed is the perfect way to hit that annoying focus sash Pokemon or to hit anything that outspeeds Arcanine.
This thing has only ever died to a Mega Pidgeot which Hyper beamed it in the face on the turn I Wild Charged. I survived the Hyper Beam but Wild Charge didn't KO and the recoil koed Arcanine. Bummer. 2 Close Combats are a guaranteed 2 hit KO. Especially on a re-charge turn. If Arcanine had 252 HP as well, then Pidgeot's Hyper beam becomes a guaranteed 2HKO, which I might be tempted to re-ev train for if I continue this streak further.

As for my Match against Blue. Not much happens. I face a potential scary Machamp and Aerodactyl lead, which turned out not to be scarfed thankfully, and mega Pidgeot again which gets OHKOed by Stone Edge. Lead Machamp continues to spam Earthquake the entire match preventing me from ever wanting to mega evolve Gyarados until the very end. Arcanine gets no love in the game at all sadly. I do however take great pleasure in drowning Blue's Arcanine in a waterfall.
Well anyway, heres the code:

ME9W-WWWW-WWW4-BBNS

And YEY!!! A match I can actually upload. Not sure why half of my battle tree videos can't be uploaded, but i'm really happy my battle with Blue was able to be uploaded.

Last edited:

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
We went into a long and heated discussion over a successful super doubles run he had in the ORAS battle maison where he used Mega Gyarados, Raichu, Clefable and an event shiny Entei which came with the Zoroark movie, to get up to 400+ wins. The strategy he used was fake out with focus sash Raichu lead and dragon dance for free turn 1. Switch out with volt switch turn 2 and spam follow me with Clefable. if the opponent tries using any electric attacks, encore them in using only that move.
Entei had psych up as well to copy all of Gyarados' stat boosts if it ever came to that.
Raichu isn't available yet. Well not the one with Lightning Rod anyway. Nor is Entei.
Your friend wouldn't happen to have a write-up of that team anywhere, would he?

Tbh I didn't do any calcs on that, but I wanted my Fini to be able to bait super effective hits and retaliate hard. With the EV investment most super effective hits dealt less than 50%, and even much less if I managed to Calm Mind before that. And if no super effective hits are expected, I just Calm Mind up and sweep with the best move (usually it's Moonblast). :)

Thank you for the advice. Much appreciated.

Your friend wouldn't happen to have a write-up of that team anywhere, would he?
He didn't want to get involved in anything competitive, and as such would probably not want to do a full write up. in fact i only saw a few of his matches but I can share his movesets from the videos i watched if you like.
His raichu had Fake out. Encore. Volt switch and grass knot with focus sash. Gyarados was the same as i used. Clefable had softboiled, follow me and moon blast (can't remember if it had leftovers). i never saw his last move. and Entei had Sacred Fire, Stone Edge, Extreme Speed and Psych up. (can't remember item, but it might of been life orb)

YES! I finally got my streak of 50 in Super Singles. I am still using the LO Chomp/Z-Refresh Tapu Fini/Mega Scizor team from a couple of pages ago. I never changed Scizor's EVs because I didn't have enough EV reducing berries at the time.

Scizor was able to set up to +6 on Mega Venusaur, and sweep Red's Snorlax and Lapras

Last edited:
I'm back :D
i just get a Jolly rough skin Garchomp with Outrage, but i don't know what is the best : DragonClaw/RockSlide/Earthquake/Outrage or DragonClaw/RockSlide/Earthquake/Protect, any idea ? :)

I'm back :D
i just get a Jolly rough skin Garchomp with Outrage, but i don't know what is the best : DragonClaw/RockSlide/Earthquake/Outrage or DragonClaw/RockSlide/Earthquake/Protect, any idea ? :)
Let's begin with what's most important: Singles or Doubles?

Neither is good, use Outrage/Earthquake/Swords Dance/Poison Jab. You'll be using the first 3 moves 90% of the time anyway, and the last move is literally only for Togekiss and Whimsicott or when you want to not be locked into Outrage vs bulky grasses.

Neither is good, use Outrage/Earthquake/Swords Dance/Poison Jab. You'll be using the first 3 moves 90% of the time anyway, and the last move is literally only for Togekiss and Whimsicott or when you want to not be locked into Outrage vs bulky grasses.
Dragon Claw is legit for Doubles. Outrage doesn't let you choose which target to attack. It just randomly picks one.

Let's begin with what's most important: Singles or Doubles?
Double :)

I don't like play with Outrage for only Dragon Stab, because when you are lock on it, you can easily lose the fight ^^

I've been playing with multiple goodstuff teams for a while now and got to 200 with this.

Tapu Koko
@ Choice Specs
Nature: Naive
Ability: Electric Surge
Ivs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Evs: 4 Atk/252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed
Lv. 50 stats: 145/136/105/147/85/200

- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam

By far one of the best Pokémon SuMo gave us.
Great stats, great typing, awesome STAB due to Electric Surge.
Fake Out + Choice Specs Koko land a lot of turn 1 KO's, Volt Switch to avoid being locked against shadow back-up Pokémon.
Timid would be a better nature but I went for Naive long before attenting Battle Tree and sticked with it.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Scrappy - Parental Bond
Ivs: 31/31/31/21/31/31
Evs: 252 Atk/4 Sp.Def/252 Speed
Lv. 50 stats: 180/194/120/67/121/152

- Fake Out
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch

Mega Kangaskhan has her best days behind her but that didn't stop me from using it.
Parental Bond and Sucker Punch nerf are really notable, missing out on important 1HKO's but Kangaskhan still does what I want it to do; bulky fake out support.
In my opinion Mega Kangaskhan is still one of the best fake out supporters for doubles.

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Beast Boost
Evs: 252 Atk/4 Sp.Atk/252 Speed
Lv. 50 stats: 146/207/51/158/57/203

- Lunge
- Low Kick
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab

I ran Pheromosa a while in the lead spot (over Tapu Koko) but I soon figured it would be better off in the back of the team. Phero usually comes in when either Kang or Koko dies to grab a Beast Boost. Focus Sash is mandatory for surviving at least one hit. I think I talked about Pheromosa on Discord, mentioning I'm not really fund of it but I have to withdraw that statement. Really awesome Pokémon, but you can only use it if you know what you are doing.

Golisopod @ Buginium Z
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Emergency Exit
Evs: 108 HP/252 Atk/4 Def/140 Sp.Def/4 Speed
Lv. 50 stats: 164/194/161/72/128/61

- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Sucker Punch
- First Impression

First Pokémon I bred in 7th gen. The drawback of only having water/dark coverage after using First Impression was compensated with Buginium-Z and it saved my streak a few times. Golisopod is my Trick Room counter and revenge killer. I've won and almost lost battles because of Emergengy Exit (the latter mainly for forgetting about it). It was EV'd for an Assault Vest set very early on Battle Tree doubles for surviving some attacks I honestly don't recall.

This team has a lot of problems with a lot of things but I think that's the new standard in 7th gen.
With the introduction of AI Mega's and Z-Moves, combined with a (mostly but not always) smarter AI it is harder to build a team that beats most of the tree. Do take note we have no access to Pokébank yet.

No video or picture proof this time, just wanted to share the team with y'all.

Togedemaru (Male): ItsaFootball.
Item: Focus Sash.
-Fake Out
-Encore
-Zing Zap
-U-Turn
I've visited Togedemaru's Serebii page a lot lately because it is a threat to the team above and because I want to use it myself as a Fake Out supporter.
I fuckin' love your set and I wish you good fortune with your team.

Thanks for reading.

Boom 122 streak came to a end due to quick claw ursaring

team was

naughty cloyster 252 attack 252 speed item focus sash moves / icicle sphere / shell smash / ice beam / rock blast

Jolly Garchomp 252 attack 252 speed item persim berry moves / outrage / double edge / earthquake / sword dance

adamant mimikyu 252 hp 252 attack item lum berry moves / shadow claw / shadow sneak / play rough / sword dance

use to have z-splash but the damn tree loves using status type moves

Last edited:
I've visited Togedemaru's Serebii page a lot lately because it is a threat to the team above and because I want to use it myself as a Fake Out supporter.
I fuckin' love your set and I wish you good fortune with your team.

Thanks for reading.
Thanks for that. Togedemaru is pretty amazing in doubles. But outside that, not so much. The move from air balloon to focus sash was the game changer, as I was often got donked on turn 1 by Focus Blast and Close Combat users. Defiant Passimian is the bane of my existence, and is a threat to my entire team. I thought the opponents never had 2 of the same ability, but I had one match which I didn't save, where a lead Braviary and Passimian both got defiant boosts turn 1. YIKES!!!
Even when using my old Pelipper team, some fire type moves still OHKOed me in rain. Especially Inferno Overdrive. and don't get me started on the Z-sunny day Pokemon. They love to ruin me with their follow up solar beams.
The ground immunity was nice though, and detoured other Pokemon from using them, but since you'll be living after turn 1 anyway with Fake out, you might as well just go focus sash. I did however get turn 1 flare blitzed burned once while on my 50 win streak with the focus sash. Opponent had 2 fire types leading off and i fake outed the other one. I still got my dragon dance off, but wow that hurt. Burn is the only real thing that gets rid of my Togedemaru turn 1 now. The only other thing is 2 Inner focus Pokemon. If i got 2 defiant Pokemon on turn 1, I could get 2 inner focus Pokemon as well.

I'm actually going to be giving myself a break for the time being. I now have 50 consecutive wins in all formats now in Pokemon Sun.
I want to go back and complete my Pokedex now. Every night, an hour before bed I go on gts to see what Pokemon I can snatch up. Now up to 250+ (80% Total alola pokedex) got every exclusive Pokemon except UB's. Don't even have beast balls yet. Got every starter. Got nearly every trade evolution. Porygons and the magmar/ electabuzz evos i'm finding hard to get and some other random stuff i can't be bothered to level up for to get like Golisopod and Toxapex.
got myself a shiny Sylveon though the other night for a level 1 bagon. Since that was the first ever Sylveon iv'e ever seen in Sun, its now permanently a shiny sprite when I view it on the pokedex, which is Interesting. But it doesn't even have a 31 IV though :(

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm very excited to kick off the official leaderboard soon!

After reviewing current non-bank streaks, and considering the massive streak length inflation we saw in the Maison as teambuilding and play continued to improve, I believe that 100 wins is a good baseline for singles and doubles streaks, and I plan to use it as the minimum length for leaderboard eligibility.

I'll leave this here for a little to make sure there aren't any particularly striking objections, but assuming there aren't any big ones, I'll soon start the process of going through the thread and getting an initial leaderboard together.

Please do be patient with me when I do this, as going through over 40 pages of posts and linking to streaks will take a little.

So I've been toying around with battle tree and have settled on this theorymon team. Does this team has any notable pokes that can destroy it?

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Level: 50
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (only because I got it off some JP dude on WT)
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab
- U-turn

Gyarados (F) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

My last team had Minior instead of Gyarados but I felt like Minior wasn't taking hits well enough

I had a relatively similar team (Phero/Xurk/M-Slowbro). A few things you may have a lot of trouble with- Ribombee, Amoonguss, and Whimsicott. Poison Jab on Phero helps some with Whim, but it can hit you with Prankster, which is very obnoxious, and there is a swagger/tailwind set with a moonblast that can OHKO Phero, and it doesn't take that much from Koko. There is also a specs set that can OHKO gyara, so until it moves you have to worry about all the possibilities. Ribombee-3 and -4 both have quiver dance, after which it outspeeds your whole team. 3 has a Sitrus Berry and easily avoids the 3hko from Koko after the quiver with the healing from draining kiss, so quiver-quiver-draining kiss sets it up to kill the whole team. It also has Baton Pass, so it can make other things that shouldn't be threats end your run. 4 can be OHKO'd by Tbolt, but if it isn't it has a chance of getting the KO in return after a quiver and LO recoil. It then can get the OHKO on Phero and M-Gyara, but not unevolved Gyara.

Amoonguss is just always annoying. The only super effective moves you have on it are non-STAB coverage ice moves. neither of those will come close to a kill, and -3 and -4 have Spore, so they can easily take out your whole team with some bad luck. One of them even has clear smog, so setting up DD could be a mistake.

Similarly, Mega-Venusaur is going to be a really bad time. It easily gets an OHKO on Koko with Sludge Bomb, and Pheromosa is similarly going to go down to anything. Crunch on M-Gyara is the only move you have that will do good damage, but if you M-evolve to get STAB on it you die to Giga Drain.

Status in general is going to be a bad time for this team. You don't have anything that can absorb or fight through it and you don't have a lum berry or substitute anywhere either. Shiinotic can ruin the other two if Phero is already dead, for example.

Edit: Also, Rotom-Heat resists all of Tapu-Koko's moves and both of the sets with Overheat always kill Koko after LO recoil. If Phero misses with HJK, you will lose it too, and one of the two sets has Passho Berry which means if you go for the DD on Gyara you will get statused or 2HKOd and if you don't you will get statused anyway and potentially lose to parahax.

There's also Ferrothorn, which is also resistant to Tapu Koko's STABs and set 3 has protect vs HJK and Custap Berry to make your life awful in general.

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer :)

I think i'll try something like that :

>Lead<
Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability : Electric Surge
EVs : 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe
Quirky Nature
-Thunderbolt > U-Turn
-Discharge
-Dazzling Gleam
-Grass Knot

>Lead<
Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Ability : Sand Veil (I don't know how to get a Rough Skin Garchomp :( )
EVs : 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Dragon Claw
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Protect

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability : Regenerator Own Tempo > Shell Armor ( Again, i don't know how to get a Regenerator Slowbro )
EVs : 252 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 4 Spe ( I'm not sure if it's the best )
Modest Nature
-Scald
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Slack Off

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability : Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Def / 4 Def
Sassy Nature
-Leech Seed
-Heavy Slam
-Protect
-Substitute > Flamthrower

I'll try that and see if i can win 50+ fights :)
Keep Thunderbolt and get rid of Discharge. 2 of your Pokémon are weak to Electric. Why would you keep a move that hits half of your team for super effective? Take some time and think things through.

And in response to your other comment about easily being able to lose a match because of being locked into Outrage, you can easily lose a match by missing out on a KO with Dragon Claw that you would be able to get with Outrage. 50% more base power is significant. Dragon Claw is better for doubles though because Outrage doesn't let you pick your target.

Reporting a streak of 105 in Super Singles. I was hoping to get higher after seeing that leaderboards were getting posted, but I made a huge misplay and that was the end of that.

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch

Straightforward set. Koko hits like a truck and outspeeds most of the Tree at 200 speed. Can't be paralyzed by virtue of his typing and can't be put to sleep either while Electric Terrain is up, which is a huge boon vs. things like Gengar-1 that would otherwise be a massive annoyance. The set is pretty standard - was debating GK/HP Ice/Protect/Brave Bird as the third slot, but went with GK because it's useful for taking out bulky grounds with recovery that Celesteela can have trouble with, like Hippowdon-3.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 36 Def / 164 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect

Koko hates Ground and Poison attacks, and Celesteela is immune to both of them. 36 Speed EVs are to outspeed everything up through and including base 85s, including all Walrein sets. 20 Atk EVs double my chances of breaking M-Venusaur's subs in one hit, which is actually rather important as PP stalling out Giga Drain is my only reliable way of beating M-Venusaur. I would need 52 Atk EVs to break them 100% of the time, which is too much of an investment for my taste. The rest of the EVs let me get SpD boosts off of Beast Boost, but I'm not sure if that's actually preferred or not in the Tree.

This thing is a monster and gets past basically every bulky mon in the Battle Tree by itself. Trick room teams generally can't do much to it, and I can almost always ensure that TR expires on the turn I kill the TR setter with this moveset. Evasion boosters can't do much once I manage to seed them, and two of the most annoying evasion spammers in the game (Blissey4 and Cresselia2) have literally no way to damage Celesteela.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Koko gets outsped by very few things, but the ones that do can often threaten it, as there are many hard-hitting Scarfers in the Tree, as well as fast Pokemon like M-Gengar. Celesteela also can't deal with powerful Fire- and Electric-type moves. Scarfchomp handles all of these threats. It's vulnerable to enemy Dragon-type moves, which Koko is immune to - this is extremely useful against Lati@s, for example.

I originally bred an Adamant one because I couldn't think of any threats that were relevant enough to justify running Jolly. I forgot about Dragon Dance users, though, and over the last 100 battles I've realized that Haxorus-4 and Charizard-Mega-X-4 are both completely unstoppable at +1 with an Adamant Scarfchomp, whereas a Jolly one still outspeeds them at +1 and OHKOs with Outrage. When Bank arrives, I'll be swapping over to my Jolly Scarfchomp from my Maison team.

Threatlist (WIP):
- Barbaracle-1 gets comfortably OHKOd by most of Koko's moves, but BrightPowder hax combined with it knowing Double Team and Shell Smash means that once in a blue moon, I just lose.
- Gardevoir-2 is also a BrightPowder user, except with Double Team, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, and Stored Power. I can generally either SubSeed it to death or OHKO with Heavy Slam, but after 2 CMs Stored Power OHKOs Koko and Chomp, and +3 Thunderbolt OHKOs Celesteela.
- Bulky Grass-types are a pain because I can't SubSeed them to death, though these pokes can rarely do anything to Celesteela, either. Rotom-Mow can be troublesome in particular, since it can actually hit Celesteela quite hard.
- Mega Tyranitar hits hard and I can't OHKO it. Not even Volt Switch + EQ is enough to kill it 100% of the time - usually I'll need to Volt Switch to Celesteela, set up Leech Seed, and then switch to Garchomp to finish it or just SubSeed it out. Stone Edge crits are potentially run-ending here.
- Scarfers are usually dealt with rather handily by Garchomp, but occasionally I'll need to sacrifice it to kill a Scarfed threat. If this has to happen early in the battle and the opponent has another Pokemon that I can only answer with Garchomp, I'll be in trouble.
- Tentacruel-3 holds a Focus Sash and OHKOs Koko with Sludge Bomb, and nothing I have appreciates eating a Mirror Coat if I Volt Switch out on it. It also potentially has Liquid Ooze, meaning that SubSeed isn't a reliable option, either.

Loss:
Video: 2NQG-WWWW-WWW4-C3F9

My loss came at Battle 106, vs. Lass Samantha, and was caused by a combination of having an Adamant Scarfchomp, bad RNG, and just playing really poorly in general - as many losses are.

She sends out Suicune - I OHKO all variants with TBolt, so I do. Latios comes out next, and it's either Latios-3 or Latios-Mega-4. I Volt Switch and it mega evolves, so I know it's the latter. Here, the correct move is to go to Celesteela and stall it out with Subseed, which I can establish before it gets too many boosts unless I get extremely unlucky with Leech Seed misses. Instead, I go to Garchomp, because I expected it to use Earthquake, and I was scared of sending out Celesteela and having it set up instead of using EQ (which is honestly not that hard of a situation to deal with).

It doesn't use EQ - it Dragon Dances, and this is where having an Adamant Scarfchomp bites me in the ass and everything starts to go wrong. +1 Adamant hits 231 base speed and +1 Jolly hits 253. +1 Latios-Mega-4 hits 243 speed, which outspeeds Adamant but loses to Jolly. I'm in trouble here - I can't swap to Koko because it gets outsped, and I'm scared to swap to Celesteela in case it decides to DD again. I go for the Outrage, because if it tries to DD again then I OHKO it, and if it kills Garchomp then I know I can handle it with Celesteela. It uses Dragon Claw, and I sacrifice Garchomp (needlessly) to bring in Celesteela.

It sets up to +2 while I land Leech Seed, and it flinches me with a Zen Headbutt next turn before I can get Substitute up. I don't want to Protect and let it potentially get to +3, so I go for the guaranteed KO with Heavy Slam instead of stalling for another turn - it uses Dragon Claw and crits, bringing me down to about 1/3rd HP. I KO it and get +1 SpD off of Beast Boost, and she sends out Raikou. It's got an Air Balloon, so I know it's Raikou-4. Celesteela eventually falls to Thunder and I have to send out Koko, which is already weakened from 2 LO recoils. If Thunder misses once here, or I manage to crit with Dazzling Gleam, I win - but those don't happen, Raikou lands 2 Thunders in a row, and my streak ends.

The moral of the story is to use a Jolly Garchomp, for the love of god. I'll be grinding Super Singles with this team some more, and hopefully Bank should be out by the time I get close to 100 again.

Last edited:
Looks like my general problem is really fast and/or bulky grass types not weak to U-Turn (and Ribombee). Rotom-H is not really a problem thanks to Mold Breaker EQ I think, but the only thing I could think of is maybe dropping Koko for something that can take on both of those. Maybe a Z-conversion Porygon-Z? What about an Alakazam?

Looks like my general problem is really fast and/or bulky grass types not weak to U-Turn (and Ribombee). Rotom-H is not really a problem thanks to Mold Breaker EQ I think, but the only thing I could think of is maybe dropping Koko for something that can take on both of those. Maybe a Z-conversion Porygon-Z? What about an Alakazam?
Neither of those fix the problem of status- you don't really have a solution to stuff that can burn/toxic/paralyze you. For example, Blissey-4 with toxic/minimize/mud bomb/Softboiled can get a kill on you easily if it comes in on Koko or Pory, and any twave set really hurts your ability to fight the next few mons if you don't keep koko or replace it with something that can eat status. I resolved this by leading with Sub fight-z Phero, but that didn't solve the problem of grass/poisons, and if you put sub on phero you lose one of your coverage moves.

No problem Nocheese, take all the time you need. It's not like this thread is going away anytime soon. Thanks for letting us know.

Keep Thunderbolt and get rid of Discharge. 2 of your Pokémon are weak to Electric. Why would you keep a move that hits half of your team for super effective? Take some time and think things through.

And in response to your other comment about easily being able to lose a match because of being locked into Outrage, you can easily lose a match by missing out on a KO with Dragon Claw that you would be able to get with Outrage. 50% more base power is significant. Dragon Claw is better for doubles though because Outrage doesn't let you pick your target.
Thanks for your answer :)
I play in Double, so i should stay with DC ? If i can't pick my target it's could be hard no ? ^^

Just stared doing doubles my team is really weird, but fun. Any help fixing weaknesses in my team (EV spreads, type coverage) or any tips is greatly appreciated.

Tapu Koko -- Terrain Extended
Timid 31/xx/31/31/31/31 252 Sp Att/ 252 Spd/ 4 Def
-U-turn
-Thunderbolt
-Grass Knot
-Dazzling Gleam

Set up terrain and U-turn to break sashes.

A-Raichu -- Focus Sash
Modest 31/xx/31/31/31/31 252 Sp Att/ 252 Speed/ 4 Def
-Thunderbolt
-Fake Out
-Psychic
-Grass Knot

Turn 1: Fake Out while Tapu Koko switches and break sashes
Turn 2: Outspeed everything and hit things hard

Xurkitree -- Assault Vest
Modest 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Hypertrained) 252 Sp Att/ 252 Speed/ 4 Def
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Dazzling Gleam
-Energy Ball

Comes in for Tapu Koko and nets a killing blow, activating Beast Boost raising special attack. Assault vest is to allow him to absorb some more damage.

Salamance -- Salamancite
Adamant 31/31/31/xx/31/31 with Intimidate 252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-Substitute
-Roost
-Double-Edge
-Dragon Dance

Switch in for a ground immunity and intimidate physical attackers. Really just a hard hitting Physical pokemon since the rest of my team is special damage.

I kind of just threw Salamance in there for a ground immunity intimidating physical attacker but I assume there are some better options.

Hi again ^^

I'm back (For the 4th times ^^) with a new team ^^ So if something is "wrong" with it, say it for help me plz ^^

>Lead<
Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability : Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Def / 4 Def
Sassy Nature
-Leech Seed
-Heavy Slam
-Protect
-Flamethrower

>Lead<
Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability : Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
-Dragon Claw
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Outrage

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability : Electric Surge
EVs : 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe
Quirky Nature
-Thunderbolt
-U-Turn
-Dazzling Gleam
-Grass Knot

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability : Technician
Adamant Nature
-Pursuit
-Sword Dance
-Bullet Punch
-X-Sciccor

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)