The Everything NFL Thread - 2017-18 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Jaguars actually have a shot at the bye if they win the last two and the Patriots lose once. Steelers would have to lose both I believe.
The jags have tiebreaker against both teams so they only need Pittsburgh or new England to lose once. Hell, they can grab the 1 seed if BOTH teams lose once.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In other news, Ben roethlisberger made the pro bowl despite having his worst season in probably 10 years. The saddest part is he's probably still the third best qb in the afc because the rest of the conference is that bad. Although this year I'd definitely put Alex Smith over him.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
while the pro bowl is stupid (all allstar games are), not a single packer was selected. just shows how well ted thompson drafts and how well the coaches coach

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
In other news, Ben roethlisberger made the pro bowl despite having his worst season in probably 10 years. The saddest part is he's probably still the third best qb in the afc because the rest of the conference is that bad. Although this year I'd definitely put Alex Smith over him.
I'm more salty that fucking Boswell made it over Tucker, who literally hadn't missed an attempt under 60 yards all year and has missed two on the season.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
I'm more salty that fucking Boswell made it over Tucker, who literally hadn't missed an attempt under 60 yards all year and has missed two on the season.
To be fair, boswell has also had an incredible season, so it's not like he's UNdeserving. Here's their stats:

Tucker: 29/32
Boswell: 33/36

Last edited:
Blake BBBBBBBBBortles should have made it lol

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
To be fair, boswell has also had an incredible season, so it's not like he's UNdeserving. Here's their stats:

Tucker: 29/32
Boswell: 33/36
Didn't realise Tucker missed a third kick.

Boswell isn't undeserving, but his season high is 53 and his misses were more "normal". Tuckers season high was 57 and his only misses are from stupid long distances.

Tucker is the GOAT. I didn't know voter fatigue for kickers was a thing but apparently it is.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Didn't realise Tucker missed a third kick.

Boswell isn't undeserving, but his season high is 53 and his misses were more "normal". Tuckers season high was 57 and his only misses are from stupid long distances.

Tucker is the GOAT. I didn't know voter fatigue for kickers was a thing but apparently it is.
I think another factor is that Boswell has kicked numerous game winners this season, and they were well publicized. We all know Tucker is the goat, but boswell has also had a pro bowl worthy season. They should both be in imo

Would you rather have:

The two GOATs of all time at their position (Brady and Gronk) and basically nothing else

or

Good-great talent at 11-12 positions like the Jags and Steelers

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
The #1 QB in Yds, TD:int, and QBR in December is not Brady, BB, Wilson, or Goff. It's Blake Bortles. Um......

The notion that the Jags could end up the #1 seed is literally retarded with the schedules of the steelers and pats. The Steelers, despite being without AB, have to beat the Texans and Browns. The Pats have to beat the bills and jets (both at home...yeah no). Jags will probably end up the 3 seed.

Speaking of the offseason, the Jags have a real predicament at WR. Both Allens, Lee, Westbrook, Cole are all recievers that are worthy of being top 3 on almost every team in the league and the jaguars have 5. I see them definitely resigning robinson, possibly letting Lee walk (he's had a drop problem), and holding onto the rest. Having Keelan Cole as your #4 reciever is definitely a pretty good group, especially with how polished westbrook appears already.

If the Jags play their cards well, they're going to have some serious weapons for bortles next year (the notion that im saying he'll start next year would've seemed absolutely absurd not long ago).

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Would you rather have:

The two GOATs of all time at their position (Brady and Gronk) and basically nothing else

or

Good-great talent at 11-12 positions like the Jags and Steelers
I'd rather the latter. Problem with having the greatest of all times of all time at a couple positions is if one goes down or has a bad day it affects the team much more severely. Now the patriots have avoided this largely because they also have one of the best coaches of all time. That's why the patriots still maintain a good record through those times whereas a team like the Colts suffered immeasurably on Peyton manning's off days. We even saw on Sunday how well equipped Pittsburgh is to operate without Brown, as well as how tough it is on new England when Tom Brady isn't killing it.

The #1 QB in Yds, TD:int, and QBR in December is not Brady, BB, Wilson, or Goff. It's Blake Bortles. Um......

The notion that the Jags could end up the #1 seed is literally retarded with the schedules of the steelers and pats. The Steelers, despite being without AB, have to beat the Texans and Browns. The Pats have to beat the bills and jets (both at home...yeah no). Jags will probably end up the 3 seed.

Speaking of the offseason, the Jags have a real predicament at WR. Both Allens, Lee, Westbrook, Cole are all recievers that are worthy of being top 3 on almost every team in the league and the jaguars have 5. I see them definitely resigning robinson, possibly letting Lee walk (he's had a drop problem), and holding onto the rest. Having Keelan Cole as your #4 reciever is definitely a pretty good group, especially with how polished westbrook appears already.

If the Jags play their cards well, they're going to have some serious weapons for bortles next year (the notion that im saying he'll start next year would've seemed absolutely absurd not long ago).
Lee will walk. Westbrook won't be ready to be the WR1 yet. I think they'll keep Robinson though. They can't let that walk away in their position. It's impressive that they managed to do just enough to get by on offense with the injuries to the recievers, but they can't go in with Hurns being the main guy next year.

I could see the 49ers throwing a huge contract at Robinson and the Jags reluctantly letting him go. I know they have cap space but 49ers are burning a hole in their pockets with that ridiculous amount of cap. Even after paying the most handsome man in football they could offer Robinson top 5 WR money without blinking. Jacksonville might balk and go with Hurns, Westbrook and Cole. Besides their calling card is their dominant run game. Why break the bank Just to help Blake Botchjob?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
I could see the 49ers throwing a huge contract at Robinson and the Jags reluctantly letting him go. I know they have cap space but 49ers are burning a hole in their pockets with that ridiculous amount of cap. Even after paying the most handsome man in football they could offer Robinson top 5 WR money without blinking. Jacksonville might balk and go with Hurns, Westbrook and Cole. Besides their calling card is their dominant run game. Why break the bank Just to help Blake Botchjob?
Allen Robinson regressed considerably once he became the #1 in Jacksonville. I can see the 49ers making a splash in free agency, but there are probably better options than Robinson, who already has a history of injury and seems better suited to a #2 or 1b role.

ARob's regression had more to do with Bortles regression than anything else.

I think Lee will make bank in San Fran and we keep ARob, AHurns, Cole and Westbrook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)