Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Is there a way for the battle timer to not be controlled by a single user? I've had some games where the my opponent would turn off the timer and turn back on the timer really quickly to refresh the timer and give himself extra time. I think a better modification for the PS layout would be that once a timer is turned on, neither player can touch it. I feel that this makes the most sense and hopefully this appeal gets through
You can turn the timer on while its already on to force it to stay on, the timer will only turn off if both players don't want it on anymore.

I have to say it yet again: Please remove the damn disconnect timer, just let the normal battle timer run out if someone disconnects!
I just lost TWO tournaments because I got a disconnect out of nowhere - a stream running simultaneously didn't stop - and didn't manage to reconnect within 20 seconds. With just the normal timer, I would have had enough time to reconnect and play my battles.

It is such a simple change in the code, I really don't get why you haven't done that yet.

Edit: it also would be nice if I could turn the timer off after my oppoent enforced it by pressing the "stop timer" button which appears when the opponent disconnects to give him more time to reconnect as a gesture of fair play.

make custom game playable without challenging please! it doesnt have to be ladder if thats the issue it can be similar to unrated random battle

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
make a /pokepastes command
That does what? pokepast.es is not run by PS itself either
make custom game playable without challenging please! it doesnt have to be ladder if thats the issue it can be similar to unrated random battle
With how insanely custom you can make a custom game, I don't see how you'd ever hope to get something remotely close as an actual game between two random people. Better to have it limited to challenges where you can communicate on what the game is going to be about beforehand.

skvettleif

Banned deucer.
Kind of a big one, but let the teambuilder have a "box center" like PO had. That way you dont have to create the same pokemon over and over again every damn time you make new teams.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Kind of a big one, but let the teambuilder have a "box center" like PO had. That way you dont have to create the same pokemon over and over again every damn time you make new teams.
You can copy over teammates by using the Copy function, it will place them in a clipboard where you can paste them in to another team whenever you want. It is limited to one mon in said clipboard.

That does what? pokepast.es is not run by PS itself either

With how insanely custom you can make a custom game, I don't see how you'd ever hope to get something remotely close as an actual game between two random people. Better to have it limited to challenges where you can communicate on what the game is going to be about beforehand.
rip but understandable

I have a suggestion for ladder. You should add an overall ladder. So if someone is 1900 is OU and Ubers they'll be behind someone who has 1400 in all tiers. Though I do notknow how that math would work. No tier is ranked higher

Kalalokki

Sprite Leader
I have a suggestion for ladder. You should add an overall ladder. So if someone is 1900 is OU and Ubers they'll be behind someone who has 1400 in all tiers. Though I do notknow how that math would work. No tier is ranked higher
I'm not sure what the purpose of this would be. The rankings in the individual ladders is to divide players in different skill levels, meaning you'll be matched up with players with a similar ladder ranking as you. It's a leaderboard second, matchmaking helper primarily.

In the same vein as my previous proposal, I suggest as small change for the old formats the replacement of current menu sprites (since the gen 6) by oldest (gen 3 to 5). This 2012 replay clearly shows that menu sprites was replaced at the arrival of XY (and they were motionless, unlike the cartridge). If we want to optimize all the way, we can even use menu sprites of gen 2 (see this battle in Crystal) and gen 1 (see this battle in Yellow). But it's more controversial to install because they are only 37 for 251 mons in gen 2 and only 11 for 151 mons in gen 1 (the risk of confusion between mons in the interface of the Showdown battles is important). To better visualize all that, I created here the list of mons by menu sprites (for compare between generations). And finally, here we have the image bank of these famous files.
Nobody wants to react? Moreover HoeenHero, what does it become the request about the old cries? Is it still a feasible option?

Dont know if this was already suggested,but my suggestion is a command to save rooms,like /hl add. People who use multiple rooms(more than 10) have a hard time joining all their rooms of interest w/ the /j command. So making a roomlist like "/roomlist,trivia,thp,ct,help" first and then typing "/j roomlistone" to join all rooms that were saved will be a very useful and more comfortable method to make PS! usage more easy. It might be a small but very handy addition to Showdown!.

Allow us to create custom Pokemon. Not CAP, mind you, but allow us to essentially create our own Pokemon. Choose a typing, stats, abilities and moves and all that. You could even let us import front and back sprites to be used. Granted, it would be custom game only of course.

I'm not sure what the purpose of this would be. The rankings in the individual ladders is to divide players in different skill levels, meaning you'll be matched up with players with a similar ladder ranking as you. It's a leaderboard second, matchmaking helper primarily.
A leaderboard

I really love to play random monotype battles. But sadly it is not an official format so please can random monotype become an official format so i can play random monotype for ladder points?

Kalalokki

Sprite Leader
I really love to play random monotype battles. But sadly it is not an official format so please can random monotype become an official format so i can play random monotype for ladder points?
Not going to happen, poorly optimized and often highly uncompetitive in its generation of teams. It's mostly there just as a non-serious format to play around in with friends.

It's really minor, but can we automatically have Latios/Latias/Magnezone/Alakazam by typing tios/tias/zone/kazam in the teambuilder, like for drill / tran / chomp etc ?

Edit: if we can have mie / loom / kion / alowak / mola / cham for starmie / breloom / terrakion / marowak-a / alomomola / medicham too please

Last edited:

Kalalokki

Sprite Leader
It's really minor, but can we automatically have Latios/Latias/Magnezone/Alakazam by typing tios/tias/zone/kazam in the teambuilder, like for drill / tran / chomp etc ?
I don't think tios/tias are very good ways to shorten their names, zam already exists as well which is better than kazam. Zone is a p good one tho.

Make hidetext such that only Drivers+ can see the actual hidden text; there is no point of having hidetext if ppl can just click a button to see the hidden textx

peach

just know that if you hide it doesn't go away
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Make hidetext such that only Drivers+ can see the actual hidden text; there is no point of having hidetext if ppl can just click a button to see the hidden textx
this can't really be implemented on a technical level, since there's no way to remove text already on someone's computer. text being removed for people connecting to the room is coming, though.

Kalalokki

Sprite Leader
There's also those that want to see whatever was hidden for transparency, maybe believing that we're trying to censor something.

Is it possible to make a function so that two players can decide to import a replay and start from the turn they wish? This would really help a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)