The Everything NFL Thread - 2018-2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm an Eagles fan too! i can see us losing this matchup without carson and alshon BUT knowing the falcons they will find a way to choke it up late in the 3rd or 4th quarter. also carson wentz's recovery shouldn't be rushed since we face a winston-less tampa bay and then the colts(?) so we will either start off 2-1 or 3-0
Yea, and we'll have Wentz and Jeffery back by week 3, so I'm not that worried about the season.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
i'm an Eagles fan too! i can see us losing this matchup without carson and alshon BUT knowing the falcons they will find a way to choke it up late in the 3rd or 4th quarter. also carson wentz's recovery shouldn't be rushed since we face a winston-less tampa bay and then the colts(?) so we will either start off 2-1 or 3-0
Foles is a starter-quality player anyways, literally no reason for y'all to bring Wentz back before he's fully healthy.

unrelated your avatar triggers my fight or flight response

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
why is that? Solaris wasn't THAT hard to beat..
I just didn't expect to see anything related to that game in the NFL thread of all places.

In other news: Mychal Kendricks is going to prison for insider trading and that's so Browns it hurts.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Y’all won the damn super bowl without wentz I remain unconvinced he’s the critical piece in that offensive equation.

Alright, since the NFL season is only 1 week away, here are my playoff/ Super Bowl predictions:

NFC
  1. Rams
  2. Eagles
  3. Saints
  4. Packers
  5. Vikings
  6. Falcons
AFC
  1. Jaguars
  2. Steelers
  3. Patriots
  4. Chargers
  5. Texans
  6. Chiefs

Super Bowl Predictions: Rams over Jaguars

Feel free to criticize my pics.

Do I cape for Amendola now that hes on the dolphins?

Also Jalen Ramsey is awesome and I wish more players shit talked all the time like he does.

Last edited:

akaFila

butterscotch love
Raiders -> Khalil Mack -> Bears
:jynx::jynx::jynx::jynx::jynx::jynx:

Supposedly will include multiple picks. Raiders were asking for two 1’s, but the Bears had the most to offer over multiple other interested teams so who knows what they gave:pikuh:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Raiders also cut martavis Bryant today, which is less surprising but still a bit since they only traded for him earlier this year. Guess he didn't impress gruden.

Raiders -> Khalil Mack -> Bears
:jynx::jynx::jynx::jynx::jynx::jynx:

Supposedly will include multiple picks. Raiders were asking for two 1’s, but the Bears had the most to offer over multiple other interested teams so who knows what they gave:pikuh:
Bears give 1st rounders 19 & 20 as well as 3rd and 5th rounders in 20 but get a 2nd rounder in 20 and a conditional 5th rounder as well.
Going the eagles and rams route you guys had better hope trubisky is all world in the next three years or this trade will screw the bears in the long term

akaFila

butterscotch love
Yeah main factor in Bryant is the suspension. Headass can't stall off the weed

In other news... Dan Bailey is on the market... Because 5 iffy games after a groin injury is enough to warrant saying bye to one of the best kickers in NFL history :mehowth:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm shocked about Bailey more so for the fact the dude my Boys chose over him left college six years ago and hasn't impressed enough to see a snap in the NFL yet. He's bounced around teams and been okay in the CFL. I don't like the decision, I think it's too hasty and Bailey's replacement isn't exactly impressive on paper, but kickers getting injured and then never returning to peak form isn't exactly uncommon so I understand the decision. The Maher dude can apparently punt as well (just in case), isn't getting paid a cool $3.5 million, and teams aren't exactly keen to waste a second roster spot on a backup Kicker if Bailey reaggravates his injury or whatever.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Groins are notoriously naggy for kickers, so perhaps he's been struggling with it and it just hasn't been publicized. I do see him getting picked up during the season at some point, either because of an injury to (or plain suckage of) another starting kicker.

The only WRs on the pats roster are Phillip Dorsett, Chris Hogan and Cordarrelle Patterson.

They gotta be trading for a semi big name in the upcoming days imo

James White can basically be a WR so signing one backup and getting through the first four games doesn't seem like too big of an issue

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
They didn't need him tho.

And woulda had to pay him 16 million a year.
What do you think they’ll be paying any big name they trade for? You never get good contract value in a trade for a semibig name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)