The Everything NFL Thread - 2018-2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
ppl rly out here arguing about Edelman's PED use and how it should take away from his MVP or some shit lmao.

Meanwhile not a single person anywhere said anything when Von Miller won super bowl MVP despite being found guilty of bribing his drug tester lmao.

TheValkyries
Looks like U need a new bio/sig again

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
tennisace youre the one who did it last time as I recall.

Also speaking of defensive players getting MVP: Calais Campbell made a great point how Stephon Gilmore had a Forced Fumble, an Interception, 3 passes broken up and 5 tackles on the day while blanketing Brandon Cooks out of the game p much solo. When the defense hold the second highest scoring offense in the league to 3 then you should’ve given it to the most outstanding performance on D. I don’t even think Edelman was the most deserving on Offense either I thought Sony Michel was way more critical on the meaningful drives, whereas Edelman gained a lot of yards that lead to punts mostly.

How is it that the worse aaron rodgers gets the greater he becomes in the eyes of his stans

He's somehow now become the greatest player ever despite not being anywhere close to the league's best player since 2014, and has been completely irrelevant on the National stage for 2 years.

Matt Ryan has been better since 2016 but nobody's talking nonsense about him

Last edited:
Browns risked a ton of bad PR just to sign a guy to block their already young stud RB

Browns doing Browns things, always

Browns risked a ton of bad PR just to sign a guy to block their already young stud RB

Browns doing Browns things, always
Not like anybody's really gonna care by the time the season starts. People want football and good players at the end.

It was a smart move by them. He's young and not expensive. Might as well have two studs. He's not even guaranteed to play because of the suspension. It's only a single year contract, which means he's under four seasons and will be a restricted free agent, giving them more leverage. And if things go well, they can trade him.

It can end up being good PR for them if it works.

Not like anybody's really gonna care by the time the season starts. People want football and good players at the end.

It was a smart move by them. He's young and not expensive. Might as well have two studs. He's not even guaranteed to play because of the suspension. It's only a single year contract, which means he's under four seasons and will be a restricted free agent, giving them more leverage. And if things go well, they can trade him.

It can end up being good PR for them if it works.
Just about the only thing we know is that they signed a really talented player for real cheap.

I'm a little salty that had either of my teams signed him, there would be serious backlash.

I think... drafting especially QBs is a total fucking crapshoot and it really doesn't matter all that much.
You hedge your bets based on their statistical performance, familiarity with pro-style systems, off-the-field character, physical attributes, etc. But ultimately you're still choosing between "guy who's gonna be a bust 40% of the time,"
"guy who's gonna bust 45% of the time, "guy who's gonna bust 50% of the time" and nobody knows which ones, if any, will succeed until they get out onto an NFL field. Preferably for 2-3 years before making a judgement to avoid mislabelling the RG3s and Goffs of the world.

Baker is fine, and personally I'm a little higher on him than the consensus I think when the main knocks against him are "haha he's Drew Brees-short" and "oh man remember that time he planted the flag at OSU's midfield he's a BAD SEED!!" I don't buy into character issues unless they're Manziel-sized problems, there's a far cry from "dude who sometimes goes too far to style on his opponents" and "dude who is physically incapable of not drinking himself into a coma between games at every social gathering in a 100-mile radius." There's been shorter and noodlier-armed QBs that have succeeded in the NFL, who cares.

Maybe more important is the support from the actual team they join,
Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher
which is why the Browns are perennial losers regardless and the Patriots make winners out of Tom Brady + 50 nobodies. :smogthink:
Great to be having a discussion on it already. I am Ravens to the Core and this year we are struggling with Salary Cap so need to draft very well but I can't see us doing it . We have an average RB in Collins and Flacco is just a pocket passer that can not scramble but got the biggest contract at the time when Ravens won.
We need changing and that goes as high as Ossie. Can't win nowadays with drafting defensive players all the time.
We can't even trade an offensive player and that says a lot.
Cousins for me will go to Jets and will be a flop because he was average with the Skins and just don't have it IMO to deal with the pressure of New York mentality.
Pats have to make a move soon on QB and this could be the draft class to make a move.
It's actually crazy the amount of picks the Browns and the Colts get but history is on the late pick side of being great. But I may be wrong Jonathan Odgen and Ray Lewis were the first Ravens draft picks ever and Both in Hall of Fame .
I personally think it's a strong enough QB Class coming out but nowadays is more about Linemen and building around that.
Think about it the draft last QB Class that was great way back was maybe Manning year. Brady was a lucky find with Bledsoe getting hurt and for me Brady is the greatest but luck now they need to draft a replacement as do Steelers and I hope Ravens draft a QB because we will never win another with Flacco.
It's actually amazing economic wise how the Patriots tick away and always compete but they need a QB soon and maybe draft one. Who knows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)