AG Anything Goes Ladder Tournament - Playoffs (Won by Velvet Blood)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After four intense weeks of the second Anything Goes Ladder Tour, we finally arrive at the playoffs. 32 players from 4 cycles have qualified and we will see who comes out on top!

The tournament will be BEST OF THREE SINGLE ELIMINATION GEN 7 ANYTHING GOES. All the standard basic tournament rules apply.

Round 1 (challonge bracket for the tournament)

GarbodorIsHot vs Alfaz999
p0lt3rg3ist vs MDB
Pigeons vs Satanic Beast
Dockiva~~ vs Shivam3299
Delibird Heart vs nehtri
DontStealMyPenguin vs Zakumi
Zenithial vs lotiasite
Arushi vs ice-master-523
Sitonai vs Cinza
zugubu royale vs SwaggerDaggerKid
Tic-Tac-Toe Guru vs ADF Test
Velvet Blood vs LaBalladeDesCieux
Fardin vs Levanos
GRNBLN vs Heaven's Breaker
-RDKB- vs FamousVGC
PurpleGatorade vs AnythingGoesLegend

The deadline is Sunday, June 2nd, 10pm EST. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
I was told that predictions get a lot of likes so I decided to make some predictions
p0lt3rg3ist
vs MDB
Pigeons
vs Satanic Beast
Dockiva~~
vs Shivam3299
Delibird Heart
vs nehtri
DontStealMyPenguin
vs Zakumi
Zenithial
vs lotiasite
Arushi
vs ice-master-523
Sitonai
vs Cinza
zugubu royale
vs SwaggerDaggerKid
Tic-Tac-Toe Guru
vs ADF Test
Velvet Blood
vs LaBalladeDesCieux
Fardin
vs Levanos
GRNBLN
vs Heaven's Breaker
-RDKB-
vs FamousVGC
PurpleGatorade
vs AnythingGoesLegend

Everyone is a winner
You guys better not complain that I didn't pick you to win

Last edited:

Lana

formerly pichus
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OMPL Champion
GarbodorIsHot vs Alfaz999 - skarph is the best player and i hope he plays vs me in finals
p0lt3rg3ist vs MDB - both equally good but mdb isnt as rusty as the other one
Pigeons vs Satanic Beast - both good players but pigeons is the best player and i hope he plays vs me in finals
Dockiva~~ vs Shivam3299 - dockiva is good
Delibird Heart vs nehtri - nehtri is kinda rusty while delibird heart has been doing really well
DontStealMyPenguin vs Zakumi - dsmp very good
Zenithial vs lotiasite - tough choice, but im probably gonna face loti in the ssnl so i wanna face zenithial next round in this tour
Arushi vs ice-master-523 - i dont predict my own matches
Sitonai vs Cinza - Hb goat
zugubu royale vs SwaggerDaggerKid - could go either way but idk
Tic-Tac-Toe Guru vs ADF Test - again both of them are very good but it doesnt matter bc TTTG is gonna get haxed anyway
Velvet Blood vs LaBalladeDesCieux - both good but velvet mains ag afaik
Fardin vs Levanos - fardin is the best player and i hope he plays vs me in finals
GRNBLN vs Heaven's Breaker - im waiting for my ssnl rematch grnbln
-RDKB- vs FamousVGC - had to pick rdkb bc he was on the left side sorry D:
PurpleGatorade vs AnythingGoesLegend - pg is the best player and i hope he plays vs me in finals

almost left wing gang

Last edited:
1...2...3....4 “best players”, and wanting to play finals with all of them :psynervous:

[Greedy].

dropping out
When you waste atleast a whole day of your time just to realise you actually don’t have time to play the real games :facepalm:

OOF had to learn HTML to make this post :psyduck:

PREDICTIONS

GarbodorIsHot
vs Alfaz999
p0lt3rg3ist vs MDB
Pigeons
vs Satanic Beast
Dockiva~~ vs Shivam3299
Delibird Heart vs nehtri
Zenithial vs lotiasite
Arushi vs ice-master-523
Sitonai vs Cinza
Velvet Blood vs LaBalladeDesCieux
Fardin vs Levanos
-RDKB- vs FamousVGC
PurpleGatorade vs AnythingGoesLegend

Last edited:

LBDC

From Eu to the Mont-Saint-Michel
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
p0lt3rg3ist vs MDB
Pigeons vs Satanic Beast
Dockiva vs Shivam3299
Delibird Heart vs nehtri
Zenithial vs lotiasite just feeling
Arushi vs ice-master-523
Sitonai
vs Cinza
Velvet Blood vs LaBalladeDesCieux humm okay
Fardin vs Levanos
-RDKB- vs FamousVGC
PurpleGatorade vs AnythingGoesLegend - PG has more experience than agl but agl can win too

Ok here u go
GarbodorIsHot vs Alfaz999 - duh
p0lt3rg3ist vs MDB - MDB's just better, but p0lt brings dank shit sometimes so it could be interesting
Pigeons vs Satanic Beast - in an ideal world, edgar would give the bird a run for his money, but realistically, probably not
Dockiva~~ vs Shivam3299 - i like shivam but dockiva is just better, especially in the teambuilding department
Delibird Heart vs nehtri - the better of the two trick room users
DontStealMyPenguin vs Zakumi - one of the GOATS vs a guy ive never heard of. hard decision
Zenithial vs lotiasite - should be a good match, but WTF The Stalls is easily the more accomplished player
Arushi vs ice-master-523 - same as above tbh
Sitonai vs Cinza - Holy Break more like Holy Broken
zugubu royale vs SwaggerDaggerKid - honestly this one's a tossup for me; both are very good players
Tic-Tac-Toe Guru vs ADF Test - idk why y'all are predicting me to win; he's better than me
Fardin vs Levanos
GRNBLN vs Heaven's Breaker - probably my favorite AG mod vs a guy ive never heard of. tough decision
-RDKB- vs FamousVGC - giratina-o plus zekrom plus whatever other dank shit is the key to victory
PurpleGatorade vs AnythingGoesLegend - Purple GOATorade

Unicorns

Banned deucer.
Contacted tentatively for Wednesday at 12-1PM PST. If not, then right before the deadline. In the meantime, let's do some well-researched, highly-educated, overtly-wordy, and tonally-inconsistent predictions. I'm trying to get to 100 posts, so here we go:

GarbodorIsHot vs Alfaz999 - If there's one player that knows how to consistently beat Smeargle-garb, it's Skarph. Watch as I just jinxed him.

p0lt3rg3ist vs MDB - I honestly predict MDB is going to go far in this tournament as his last hurrah, but he's not going to win the whole thing. He's going to be playing out of his mind, so it's going to be difficult to predict against him.

Pigeons vs Satanic Beast - I think this is going to be a lot closer than others are giving credit. Edgar has access to a LOT of resources, has some very solid builds, and is a fellow Wack-Player™. If he brings a SpDef Ho-Oh + decent breaker for the Luna-SemiStall in g2, Edgar might just eek out a win.

Dockiva~~ vs Shivam3299 - I honestly didn't know that they weren't just the same player. Dockiva qualified EARLY with higher competition. Picking Shivam as he's a fellow SP member.

Delibird Heart vs nehtri - Both utilize some very shoddy builds, bulkier for Delibird and offensive for nehtri. The first one to bring a Sableye is going to be the victor. I picking Delibird Heart because they're a fellow -Heart.

DontStealMyPenguin vs Zakumi - Para-garb will always win. Smeargle is uncounterable. Beware.

Zenithial vs lotiasite - As much as I like loti, Zen is high-key probably the most solid player in the tour. I have a hard time predicting against him this early in the tour.

Arushi vs ice-master-523 - Para-garb will always win, unless it's versus goddess Arushi. She just needs to bring a consistent Glare Zygarde counter and she should be good.

Sitonai vs Cinza - No lie, I just looked up what a Sitonai was on the google. I'm disgusted. It's all anime stuff. All of you are degenerates, unlike my borderline furry behavior. Now even though HB only recently returned, he is really strong and can use a vast array of playstyles. I have a hard time picking against him when I don't know much about his opponent.

zugubu royale vs SwaggerDaggerKid - idk I'm not super familiar with either player. I got super drunk once and battled SDK in either the finals or semifinals of a room tour. My Togedemaru won and Toge never picks wrong.

Tic-Tac-Toe Guru vs ADF Test - Like everyone has said, TTTG is going to get haxed out of the tour eventually. ADF has some very suspect builds but then also some good ones. Both are definitely competent, so this could go either way. It's going to come down to g3. If TTTG brings balance, he's going to get haxed out and if he brings HO, he's going to get walled. Preemptively advising him to bring Arc-Poison BO with a decent Scarfer now. Thanos completed the infinity gauntlet, so ADF. Avengers: Endgame, out now.

Velvet Blood OwO vs LaBalladeDesCieux - My initial tourney favorite and also my favorite player <3. Dropping out of the tournament is a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for her.

Fardin vs Levanos - Gay frogs will always win. Fardin is probably one of the best-ever AG players and the only way he can lose in this tournament is if someone brings counters for teams built two years ago. Or they bring a Sableye + Psystrike Ice Beam MMY counter. However, Levanos is also a fellow Wack-Player™ and he can make some plays, so we'll see how this goes.

GRNBLN vs Heaven's Breaker - Wake up, sheeple! Heaven = Holy. Breaker = Break. GRNBLN is going to lose, but the next round opponent is going to get a bye when it's revealed the new HB is an old HB alt. Yes, I know what I just wrote and what I bolded is inconsistent.

-RDKB- vs FamousVGC - They didn't even send me a :3

PurpleGatorade vs AnythingGoesLegend - My only notable experience with PG since he's been back is me Hexing his 17% +6 EKiller. While AGL is a fellow member of the AG leftist gang and I want to stan for him, he's going to face a large uphill battle using essentially only offenses. PG can use every playstyle competently, but we'll see if he's able to wall Xerneas Psyspam. If AGL changes one of the DeoA to a Goth/Zone (hint hint) for the SpDef DM, he could overwhelm the defensive core and win this. AGL's going to try to bring BO or balance after reading this so, like MBD's ranking said, this could get ugly.

I'm bringing a Sableye if this wasn't clear. It's going to be named "I'm Fergie Ferg" after one of my favorite songs, London Bridge by Fergie.

Good luck to all!

Edit: ↓ See? MDB is confident! He can do this!

Last edited:

ADF Test

Banned deucer.
GarbodorIsHot vs Alfaz999 - i hope alfaz wins against that brat
p0lt3rg3ist vs MDB - mdb is epic
Pigeons vs Satanic Beast - i want my rematch heh
Dockiva~~ vs Shivam3299 - ur teams r cool mang
Delibird Heart vs nehtri - classic bud
DontStealMyPenguin vs Zakumi - penguin is a god
Zenithial vs lotiasite - stalls is an OG
Arushi vs ice-master-523 - im rooting for both. very hard choice
Sitonai vs Cinza - gg
zugubu royale vs SwaggerDaggerKid - idk man
Tic-Tac-Toe Guru vs ADF Test -everyone hates me lol
Fardin vs Levanos ily bud
GRNBLN vs Heaven's Breaker - idk the other dude
-RDKB- vs FamousVGC - idk them
PurpleGatorade vs AnythingGoesLegend - even match

lol

Unicorns

Banned deucer.
See? Told you my predictions would work out. Now let's do a real analysis of this matchup:

Velvet Blood OwO vs LaBalladeDesCieux - My initial tourney favorite and also my favorite player <3. Dropping out of the tournament is a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for her. Last AGLT's runner-up, Velvet Blood is an incredibly strong player and is good in literally every tier. She can run essentially any form of playstyle with awesome precision and she knows how to build. She can use absolutely insane mons (Protect Disable Webs Galvantula) and knows how to create completely bizarre and effective cores (Mega Audino + Helmet Torn-T comes to mind). She is the one player in this tourney that no one wants to face. The only limiting factor for her success in this tour is how much she wants to win. Given her current schedule, she is incredibly busy, so this may affect her play and team choices. Regardless, LBDC has a BIG task ahead of them.

Tic-Tac-Toe Guru vs ADF Test - Like everyone has said, TTTG is going to get haxed out of the tour eventually. ADF has some very suspect builds but then also some good ones. Both are definitely competent, so this could go either way. It's going to come down to g3. If TTTG brings balance, he's going to get haxed out and if he brings HO, he's going to get walled. Preemptively advising him to bring Arc-Poison BO with a decent Scarfer now. Thanos completed the infinity gauntlet, so ADF. Avengers: Endgame, out now.

I am doctor strange and I saw all future results that is possible so if you guys wanna know do pm on ps!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)