The NFL Fantasy Football Thread, 2019-20 Season

Due to the lack of 2qb leagues on here I made a superflex league that I plan to draft late sunday or else Monday. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. For now it is 8 team but if more people are interested I am willing to expand it. If more people join I may shrink the roster but it is currently:
QB: 1
RB: 2
WR: 3
TE: 1
FLEX: 1
SUPERFLEX: 1
D/ST:1
(fuck worthless kickers)
Bench: 7
IR: 1

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I mean, it's gonna be hot garbage because I didn't really pay any attention to anything the entire offseason but everyone's bugging me to do one anyway so yeah. :blobshrug:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
I've been wanting to do Pick'em Against The Spread for a while now, to test my betting chops but without the actual money involved, so I decided to make a group if anyone wants to join it.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/41835

Group: rSMOGONruiningtheMETAGAME
Password: yestheyare

lemme know if something ain't working so I can fix it, since the season starts Thursday heh

League A season preview incoming now. I'm just gonna copy last year's format and do the bare minimum I can because I am a dumb and bad.

Edit: this is already a pain in the ass because the old topic being closed means I can't edit/quote my post to copy all the formatting

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
muh lazy League A season preview

leagueA.png

Mixon Match
Allen + Bell, Mixon, Drake, J.Howard, R.Jones + Diggs, Golladay, Jeffery, Kupp, Pettis, Allison + McDonald + Gould + NO
I don't like it. Relying on Josh Allen at QB is too risky when literally Tom Brady went undrafted (Heck, I might go pick him up right now...) and numerous fine choices like Rivers and Goff went ridiciulously late. The other starters are more or less good but the bench RBs are kinda pitiful, so he'll be reliant on Bell/Mixon staying healthy and producing (or Drake getting more than five carries per game this year, FFS Miami).

Audition 4 Texans GM
Rodgers, Trubisky + McCaffrey, White, Du.Johnson, Pollard + Thielen, E.Sanders, Fitzgerald, J.Brown + Ertz, Waller, Graham + Gostkowski + SEA
Gotta say I'm not high on my team this year. Picking third ended up being surprisingly awkward, since I got sniped on so many good picks just before I swung back around. I do think James White and Emmanuel Sanders are grossly underrated, though, so if I'm right like I was last year with Hill + Juju not to mention the Pollard-Conner parallel, I've got the makings of a contender. If not, I probably crash and burn. I'm happy to pick up one of the few worthwhile TEs, have potential breakout backups everywhere, and very pleased to have taken SEA right after news of them trading for Clowney since I missed out on CHI. Trubisky as a Top 5 fantasy QB is my hot take for the season, but unfortunately I was put in the position of having to take Rodgers so like yeah I feel kinda bad about that one. Rodgers is prone to injury, though, so maybe. *shrug*

JewJewSmithScheister All Barkley No Bite
Watson, Wilson + Barkley, Dam.Williams, Michel, T.Montgomery, Hyde + A.Brown, Washington, Green, Tate + Henry, Ebron + Tucker + JAX
Oof. Everything else is great but that WR corps is laughable. It needs to be remedied quickly since Washington is hardly a viable starter, while Tate is suspended four games and Green is injured indefinitely (with both starters having early Byes). And we don't even know how good AB will be on his new team, dude could pull a Moss. The rest of this team may be able to carry it, though, and if Brown is good and Washington develops into a viable fantasy threat and Green comes back healthy...

Whiteskins
Jackson, roflsberger + Conner, Carson, Guice, Samuels + JewJew, Cooks, M.Williams, JOSH GARDEN!!!!!!!, Fuller, D.Samuel + Hockenson + Lutz + BAL
Starting RB and WR corps are average, QB are fine since Roflsberger should be reliable in event Jackson isn't as good as expected. But his TE is a literal who and this bench may as well not exist, so I think it's a very precarious position to be in.

For Whom Odell Tolls Alvin Cum Mora the only loser who didn't show up to the draft ffs (even tad showed up, albeit late)
Wentz, Winston + Kamara, K.Johnson, Mack, McCoy + Robinson, Kirk, Funchess + Kittle, Hooper, Walker + Zuerlein, Fairbairn + CHI
Autodraft for the win this time? I mean, I don't love the QBs but they'll do. Wentz can be great if he stays healthy. The WRs aren't obvious standouts but there's a lot of potential, as Robinson has proven in the past he can put up numbers and Kirk is a popular sleeper. Can't argue with three good RBs and one of the top TEs, though, and CHI is the one defense to reach early for, if any. Clear playoff contender.

Joshua's Unreal Team
Newton, Stafford + A.Jones, M.Gordon, Breida, Ballage + Hopkins, Cooper, Anderson, D.Jackson, Miller, Harry (IR) + J.Cook + Prater + MIN
Going into the season once again as absolutely unmatched hot garbage, Fink defied all sense last year to finish #2 in regular season scoring en route to the 5-seed. Can he repeat? Aaron Jones is a noob and Melvin Gordon literally doesn't exist until he actually signs something, so he literally does not have an RB corps. Newton's health is shaky, though Stafford isn't the worst backup ever. He does have three good WRs at least.

Kareem of the Crop
Brees + D.Freeman, Lindsay, Penny, J.Jackson, J.Hill + Adams, T.Hill, Edelman, C.Samuel, Sutton, Metcalf + O.J.Howard + Crosby + DEN
I love this team. Against the experts, I think Lindsay is being extremely underrated and everyone just kinda forgot Edelman existed.
It's not a fantasic starting RB duo, but it's serviceable enough while everything else is excellent. Brees is good, and went extremely late for some reason like many really good second-tier QBs this year. Adams and Hill are arguably the best starting WR duo in this league with a viable third starter backing them in the FLEX. I actually don't like Howard myself, but he's decent at worst with potential to be a top TE. RB depth is a concern but eh, you can't have it all. Unless your league sucks, which this one doesn't.

PatriotsAreCheaters
DAK + Chubb, D.Montgomery, M.Sanders, R.Freeman, Hines, M.Davis + Godwin, Moore, C.Davis, Valdes, Moncrief, Gallup + Kelce + [no K] + LAC
Very average overall with a LMAO WR corps makes for a below average team. All of these WRs have potential except maybe Valdes, but individually none of them are likely to impress so AL will need to hope statistics works in his favor here. Chubb is good but may lose steam later in the season once Hunt comes back, and who knows how Montgomery's workload and production will look like with an established Cohen in his committee. Kelce is a definite bright spot, everything else is really risky and I think leaning toward more likely to fail than succeed.

Punts With A C
Mayfield, Rivers + Zeke, Gurley, Barber + Allen, Hilton, Boyd, Westbrook, Watkins, M.Brown + Njoku, Burton + Myers + LAR
Solid mix of risk/reward and known success. Zeke is very risky and will require additional backup at the RB position, since Barber isn't a very good RB3 let alone RB2, although unlike Bell he's still got two years on his contract so I'd be way more shocked if Zeke sits long-term. Likewise with Mr. Arthritis, will he be numero uno again or continue crying on the bench? Hilton might be a sad WR2 with news of Luck retiring, but Boyd is a strong pickup especially the longer Green stays out and Hilton is still the #1 option on his team. People are high on Mayfield but even if he flops, Rivers is a fine starter.

Lockett Down
K.Murray + D.Cook, Jacobs, L.Murray, D.Thompson, Lewis, I.Smith + Beckham, Lockett, Ridley, Shepard, Crowder + Engram + Butker + PHI
Jerk stole Lockett from me again. Kyler Murray is a meme. I really like this team but boy is it risky. Can Cook stay healthy, will rookie Jacobs produce in the vein of recent first-round RBs, will Beckham stay healthy and gel with his new team? RB depth leaves something to be desired but Ridley's a strong WR3 and Engram is an above average TE with breakout potential. With average fortune, probably contending for a lower playoff seed.

The American Dreams
Ryan, Cousins + Coleman, Henry, Cohen, Singletary, Henderson + Ju.Jones, Thomas, Woods, T.Williams + Olsen, Rudolph + Elliott + CLE
Fair at QB. Starting RBs are pretty weak but depth is good so he shouldn't worry about totally blanking there, while his WRs compete with biggie's as one of the clear two best corps in the league. TE is a bit of a throwaway but that's no big deal, it always is for half the teams every year and Olsen can definitely still be a top guy IF he stays healthy, good late draft pickup.

Joe Vincent Flacco
Mahomes, Goff + Da.Johnson, Fournette, Ingram, Ekeler, Peterson + Evans, Landry, M.Jones, Coutee + Andrews, Reed + Maher + HOU
Mahomes, Goff in Round nine billion somehow. Fournette is always LOL but even if he can't stay on the field, there's excellent RB depth here with Ingram and Ekeler (if Gordon remains unsigned), so there's nothing but upside to having him. WR corps is weak but Evans is at least good, so as long as Landry can do enough to not pull this team down too much it'll do well, and with RB strength to spare a trade could always be worked out to balance the roster. Reminds me of biggie's roster with the status of their RB and WR corps reversed, but I think this roster is a little stronger with better QBs and a smidge less risk.

Round 1
1.Saquon Barkley (NYG - RB)JewJewSmithS...
2.Alvin Kamara (NO - RB)Alvin Cum Mor...
3.Christian McCaffrey (Car - RB)Audition 4 T...
4.Ezekiel Elliott (Dal - RB)Punts With A C
5.DeAndre Hopkins (Hou - WR)Joshua's Unr...
6.David Johnson (Ari - RB)Joe Vincent ...
7.Davante Adams (GB - WR)Kareem of th...
8.Nick Chubb (Cle - RB)PatriotsAreC...
9.Le'Veon Bell (NYJ - RB)Mixon Match
10.James Conner (Pit - RB)Whiteskins
11.Julio Jones (Atl - WR)The American...
12.Odell Beckham Jr. (Cle - WR)Lockett Down

Round 2
1.Dalvin Cook (Min - RB)Lockett Down
2.Michael Thomas (NO - WR)The American...
3.JuJu Smith-Schuster (Pit - WR)Whiteskins
4.Joe Mixon (Cin - RB)Mixon Match
5.Travis Kelce (KC - TE)PatriotsAreC...
6.Tyreek Hill (KC - WR)Kareem of th...
7.Mike Evans (TB - WR)Joe Vincent ...
8.Aaron Jones (GB - RB)Joshua's Unr...
9.Keenan Allen (LAC - WR)Punts With A C
10.Adam Thielen (Min - WR)Audition 4 T...
11.George Kittle (SF - TE)Alvin Cum Mor...
12.Antonio Brown (Oak - WR)JewJewSmithS...

Round 3
1.Damien Williams (KC - RB)JewJewSmithS...
2.Kerryon Johnson (Det - RB)Alvin Cum Mor...
3.Zach Ertz (Phi - TE)Audition 4 T...
4.Todd Gurley II (LAR - RB)Punts With A C
5.Amari Cooper (Dal - WR)Joshua's Unr...
6.Leonard Fournette (Jax - RB)Joe Vincent ...
7.Devonta Freeman (Atl - RB)Kareem of th...
8.Chris Godwin (TB - WR)PatriotsAreC...
9.Stefon Diggs (Min - WR)Mixon Match
10.Brandin Cooks (LAR - WR)Whiteskins
11.Derrick Henry (Ten - RB)The American...
12.Josh Jacobs (Oak - RB)Lockett Down

Round 4
1.Tyler Lockett (Sea - WR)Lockett Down
2.Robert Woods (LAR - WR)The American...
3.Chris Carson (Sea - RB)Whiteskins
4.Kenny Golladay (Det - WR)Mixon Match
5.David Montgomery (Chi - RB)PatriotsAreC...
6.Julian Edelman (NE - WR)Kareem of th...
7.Patrick Mahomes (KC - QB)Joe Vincent ...
8.Melvin Gordon III (LAC - RB)Joshua's Unr...
9.T.Y. Hilton (Ind - WR)Punts With A C
10.James White (NE - RB)Audition 4 T...
11.Marlon Mack (Ind - RB)Alvin Cum Mor...
12.Deshaun Watson (Hou - QB)JewJewSmithS...

Round 5
1.Sony Michel (NE - RB)JewJewSmithS...
2.Allen Robinson II (Chi - WR)Alvin Cum Mor...
3.Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB)Audition 4 T...
4.Tyler Boyd (Cin - WR)Punts With A C
5.Robby Anderson (NYJ - WR)Joshua's Unr...
6.Mark Ingram II (Bal - RB)Joe Vincent ...
7.O.J. Howard (TB - TE)Kareem of th...
8.Miles Sanders (Phi - RB)PatriotsAreC...
9.Cooper Kupp (LAR - WR)Mixon Match
10.Mike Williams (LAC - WR)Whiteskins
11.Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)The American...
12.Calvin Ridley (Atl - WR)Lockett Down

Round 6
1.Evan Engram (NYG - TE)Lockett Down
2.Tevin Coleman (SF - RB)The American...
3.Josh Gordon (NE - WR)Whiteskins
4.Alshon Jeffery (Phi - WR)Mixon Match
5.D.J. Moore (Car - WR)PatriotsAreC...
6.Phillip Lindsay (Den - RB)Kareem of th...
7.Jarvis Landry (Cle - WR)Joe Vincent ...
8.Jared Cook (NO - TE)Joshua's Unr...
9.Baker Mayfield (Cle - QB)Punts With A C
10.Emmanuel Sanders (Den - WR)Audition 4 T...
11.Christian Kirk (Ari - WR)Alvin Cum Mor...
12.Hunter Henry (LAC - TE)JewJewSmithS...

Round 7
1.A.J. Green (Cin - WR)JewJewSmithS...
2.Carson Wentz (Phi - QB)Alvin Cum Mor...
3.Duke Johnson Jr. (Hou - RB)Audition 4 T...
4.Dede Westbrook (Jax - WR)Punts With A C
5.Cam Newton (Car - QB)Joshua's Unr...
6.Austin Ekeler (LAC - RB)Joe Vincent ...
7.Curtis Samuel (Car - WR)Kareem of th...
8.Royce Freeman (Den - RB)PatriotsAreC...
9.Kenyan Drake (Mia - RB)Mixon Match
10.Will Fuller V (Hou - WR)Whiteskins
11.Devin Singletary (Buf - RB)The American...
12.Latavius Murray (NO - RB)Lockett Down

Round 8
1.Sterling Shepard (NYG - WR)Lockett Down
2.Tarik Cohen (Chi - RB)The American...
3.Derrius Guice (Was - RB)Whiteskins
4.Vance McDonald (Pit - TE)Mixon Match
5.Corey Davis (Ten - WR)PatriotsAreC...
6.Rashaad Penny (Sea - RB)Kareem of th...
7.Mark Andrews (Bal - TE)Joe Vincent ...
8.Matt Breida (SF - RB)Joshua's Unr...
9.David Njoku (Cle - TE)Punts With A C
10.Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)Audition 4 T...
11.Chicago (Chi - DEF)Alvin Cum Mor...
12.Russell Wilson (Sea - QB)JewJewSmithS...

Round 9
1.Eric Ebron (Ind - TE)JewJewSmithS...
2.Greg Zuerlein (LAR - K)Alvin Cum Mor...
3.Mitchell Trubisky (Chi - QB)Audition 4 T...
4.Sammy Watkins (KC - WR)Punts With A C
5.Kalen Ballage (Mia - RB)Joshua's Unr...
6.Marvin Jones Jr. (Det - WR)Joe Vincent ...
7.Drew Brees (NO - QB)Kareem of th...
8.Marquez Valdes-Scantling (GB - WR)PatriotsAreC...
9.Jordan Howard (Phi - RB)Mixon Match
10.Lamar Jackson (Bal - QB)Whiteskins
11.Kyle Rudolph (Min - TE)The American...
12.Kyler Murray (Ari - QB)Lockett Down

Round 10
1.Darwin Thompson (KC - RB)Lockett Down
2.Darrell Henderson Jr. (LAR - RB)The American...
3.Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)Whiteskins
4.Dante Pettis (SF - WR)Mixon Match
5.Donte Moncrief (Pit - WR)PatriotsAreC...
6.Courtland Sutton (Den - WR)Kareem of th...
7.Jared Goff (LAR - QB)Joe Vincent ...
8.DeSean Jackson (Phi - WR)Joshua's Unr...
9.Peyton Barber (TB - RB)Punts With A C
10.Darren Waller (Oak - TE)Audition 4 T...
11.Jameis Winston (TB - QB)Alvin Cum Mor...
12.Justin Tucker (Bal - K)JewJewSmithS...

Round 11
1.James Washington (Pit - WR)JewJewSmithS...
2.Austin Hooper (Atl - TE)Alvin Cum Mor...
3.Seattle (Sea - DEF)Audition 4 T...
4.Los Angeles (LAR - DEF)Punts With A C
5.Minnesota (Min - DEF)Joshua's Unr...
6.Adrian Peterson (Was - RB)Joe Vincent ...
7.Justin Jackson (LAC - RB)Kareem of th...
8.Michael Gallup (Dal - WR)PatriotsAreC...
9.Ronald Jones II (TB - RB)Mixon Match
10.T.J. Hockenson (Det - TE)Whiteskins
11.Cleveland (Cle - DEF)The American...
12.Dion Lewis (Ten - RB)Lockett Down

Round 12
1.Jamison Crowder (NYJ - WR)Lockett Down
2.Tyrell Williams (Oak - WR)The American...
3.Jaylen Samuels (Pit - RB)Whiteskins
4.Geronimo Allison (GB - WR)Mixon Match
5.Dak Prescott (Dal - QB)PatriotsAreC...
6.Justice Hill (Bal - RB)Kareem of th...
7.Keke Coutee (Hou - WR)Joe Vincent ...
8.Anthony Miller (Chi - WR)Joshua's Unr...
9.Trey Burton (Chi - TE)Punts With A C
10.Tony Pollard (Dal - RB)Audition 4 T...
11.Delanie Walker (Ten - TE)Alvin Cum Mor...
12.Golden Tate (NYG - WR)JewJewSmithS...

Round 13
1.Jacksonville (Jax - DEF)JewJewSmithS...
2.Devin Funchess (Ind - WR)Alvin Cum Mor...
3.John Brown (Buf - WR)Audition 4 T...
4.Philip Rivers (LAC - QB)Punts With A C
5.N'Keal Harry (NE - WR)Joshua's Unr...
6.Jordan Reed (Was - TE)Joe Vincent ...
7.DK Metcalf (Sea - WR)Kareem of th...
8.Los Angeles (LAC - DEF)PatriotsAreC...
9.Josh Allen (Buf - QB)Mixon Match
10.Baltimore (Bal - DEF)Whiteskins
11.Kirk Cousins (Min - QB)The American...
12.Ito Smith (Atl - RB)Lockett Down

Round 14
1.Harrison Butker (KC - K)Lockett Down
2.Greg Olsen (Car - TE)The American...
3.Wil Lutz (NO - K)Whiteskins
4.New Orleans (NO - DEF)Mixon Match
5.Nyheim Hines (Ind - RB)PatriotsAreC...
6.Denver (Den - DEF)Kareem of th...
7.Houston (Hou - DEF)Joe Vincent ...
8.Matthew Stafford (Det - QB)Joshua's Unr...
9.Marquise Brown (Bal - WR)Punts With A C
10.Stephen Gostkowski (NE - K)Audition 4 T...
11.LeSean McCoy (KC - RB)Alvin Cum Mor...
12.Ty Montgomery (NYJ - RB)JewJewSmithS...

Round 15
1.Carlos Hyde (Hou - RB)JewJewSmithS...
2.Ka'imi Fairbairn (Hou - K)Alvin Cum Mor...
3.Jimmy Graham (GB - TE)Audition 4 T...
4.Jason Myers (Sea - K)Punts With A C
5.Matt Prater (Det - K)Joshua's Unr...
6.Brett Maher (Dal - K)Joe Vincent ...
7.Mason Crosby (GB - K)Kareem of th...
8.Mike Davis (Chi - RB)PatriotsAreC...
9.Robbie Gould (SF - K)Mixon Match
10.Deebo Samuel (SF - WR)Whiteskins
11.Jake Elliott (Phi - K)The American...
12.Philadelphia (Phi - DEF)Lockett Down

I'd review it and note some standout picks but I've already done enough work, ugh.

My "Gunning for the Bye" Favorites: From Whom Odell Tolls Alvin Cum Mora, Joe Vincent Flacco, Kareem of the Crop

Contenders: JewJewSmithScheister All Barkley No Bite, Punts With A C, Lockett Down

:smogthink:: Mixon Match, Audition 4 Texans GM, PatriotsAreCheaters, The American Dreams, Whiteskins

Jerick McKinnon isn't on his roster this time but he's still Literally Jerick McKinnon anyway: Joshua's Unreal Team

The expert picks, i.e. my somewhat arbitrarily chosen 31 expert per FantasyPros:
1) For Whom Odell Tolls Alvin Cum Mora (100)
2) Punts With A C (97)
2) Joe Vincent Flacco (97)
4) JewJewSmithScheister All Barkley No Bite (95)
-----
5) PatriotsAreCheaters (79)
6) Kareem of the Crop (76)
7) Lockett Down (75)
8) Whiteskins (74)
9) Audition 4 Texans GM (73)
10) Mixon Match (70)
11) The American Dreams (68)
-----
12) Joshua's Unreal Team (50)

Last edited:
im typically happy with virtually all my teams every year.. but this time around.. idk what it is, but i didn't draft as clean as i usually do. bunch of sketchy starters. ready to finally play again though.. the last week of fantasy playoffs always sucks.. waiting another year.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Domination across both my Smogon teams this week (+ most of my non-Smogon leagues) AND the Ravens demolishing the hapless Phins. Good week 1 imo.

A guy in my work league wants my Mahomes and A Brown for his Watson and Hopkins

I do this right? Brown might get screwed over.. I don’t risk him not even being able to play.?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A guy in my work league wants my Mahomes and A Brown for his Watson and Hopkins

I do this right? Brown might get screwed over.. I don’t risk him not even being able to play.?
You're the one getting Watson and Hopkins? I'd take that easy. Way too many mouths to feed in New England for Brown to be anywhere near as prolific as he was in Pittsburgh

I'm in absolute shock. I was down 6.5 with a minute to go and Will Lutz just dropped 7 points. Craziest fantasy ending I've seen.

Screenshot (221).png

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
I'm confused when I thought I was up four points going into tonight's game and Lutz only outscored Duke Johnson by two, or wondering whatever happened to -1 for missing a FG.

but aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :mad:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
I'm disappointed to see so little participation in my ATS pick'em but nonetheless, of the four people who joined in Week 1 I amusingly was the odd man out in 4/6 of the games where there was a 3-1 split in picks. Everyone unanimously whiffed on four games, while only winning with the unanimous KC pick. Nobody went over .500.

If I was using this strictly for betting practice, I suppose I'd only be picking games I was more certain of the outcome, but I can't help but do 'em all and try to "win" the pool too, eh?

lmao new england is 18.5-point faves against miami

Last edited:
I'm disappointed to see so little participation in my ATS pick'em but nonetheless, of the four people who joined in Week 1 I amusingly was the odd man out in 4/6 of the games where there was a 3-1 split in picks. Everyone unanimously whiffed on four games, while only winning with the unanimous KC pick. Nobody went over .500.

If I was using this strictly for betting practice, I suppose I'd only be picking games I was more certain of the outcome, but I can't help but do 'em all and try to "win" the pool too, eh?

lmao new england is 18.5-point faves against miami
I thought it was a straight pick 'em contest. Didn't realize I was actually playing the spread. This explains why I lost on my Eagles pick ffs! Also everyone got screwed by the Lions/Cards tie lmao

And, apparently, the kickers.

Also, this gave me a heart attack, but thankfully it was only a yard.

Screenshot (234).png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)