Tournament World Cup of Other Metagames II - Player Signups

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Announcements!

These are the last announcements before the Administrative Decisions thread is made.

1) UK is now splitting from EU West and becoming its own team!
As a result Hamhamhamham and Willdbeast will have to resubmit their lineups to fit UK.

2) US Midwest & Latin America are now merging with EU West!
LPY has been appointed to captain this merged region but must find a co-manager from EU West and submit an EU West lineup outside UK.

Edit: For now I'm calling this OM Amalgamate.

Edit 2: jk we're not doing this. Read TI's post below:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ii-player-signups.3654999/page-8#post-8257241

3) We may lose Latin America as a competitor due to a lack of Latin American playercount.

Last edited:

MAMP

MAMP!
Announcements!

These are the last announcements before the Administrative Decisions thread is made.

1) UK is now splitting from EU West and becoming its own team!
As a result Hamhamhamham and Willdbeast will have to resubmit their lineups to fit UK.

2) US Midwest & Latin America are now merging with EU West!
LPY has been appointed to captain this merged region but must find a co-manager from EU West and submit an EU West lineup outside UK.

Edit: For now I'm calling this OM Amalgamate.

3) We may lose Latin America as a competitor due to a lack of Latin American playercount.
is this a joke? what’s the point of calling this tournament a world cup if two completely unrelated regions from opposite sides of the planet are allowed to join together?

So wtf is my team now?

E: can i still be a manager? Who are the eligible players? Whats the new deadline so i can sort things out and figure out who tf im playing with?
This is honestly super stupid, yeah eu west was stacked but thats because the wrong regions were merged instead of all eu, and thats been clear from the very beggining so why are we waiting until the last day of the 2 week sign-up phase to announce this shit? And im paired with midwest and latin america because???? Im dumbfounded at this post, what a way to wake up

Last edited:
Is it really that hard to split the US more evenly among 4 teams and make Europe split: UK and rest of europe? Why have we gone to such efforts to avoid a sensible solution here? Why has it taken two weeks for this too???
Yeah let's change the four US regions and restart signups all over again. If it were so easy to manage this tour then you would have hosted it. The decision seems like the least intrusive one and allows the tour to continue on schedule. RE: two weeks, Midwest had enough players on paper. They chose to play for a different region instead.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Yeah let's change the four US regions and restart signups all over again. If it were so easy to manage this tour then you would have hosted it. The decision seems like the least intrusive one and allows the tour to continue on schedule. RE: two weeks, Midwest had enough players on paper. They chose to play for a different region instead.
This has been handled horribly. You had multiple chances to get this right, but you choose to wait until the last day to merge regions 10 hours away from each other and antagonise someone for offering an actual solution.

While regions from different parts of the world merging due to lack of players isn't uncommon in section World Cups, I am reverting the merge. Instead, France shall be split into its own team and US Midwest shall be merged into US West. Thus the final teams are as follows:

Asia Pacific
Canada
France
Rest of Europe
UK
US Northeast
US South
US West (+Midwest)

The captains shall remain the same with East Europe becoming Rest of Europe and US West captains taking over the merged region. West Europe captains are now UK captains as they're eligible for UK. The captain signups thread shall be re-opened for France captains.

Tagging relevant parties: Willdbeast Hamhamhamham Aethernum Perish Song rozes lax LPY

I hope this satisfies the concerns and I apologize for the last-minute changes. Please try to submit the lineups as soon as possible so WCoOM can begin by Sunday/Monday.

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
While regions from different parts of the world merging due to lack of players isn't uncommon in section World Cups, I am reverting the merge. Instead, France shall be split into its own team and US Midwest shall be merged into US West. Thus the final teams are as follows:

Asia Pacific
Canada
France
Rest of Europe
UK
US Northeast
US South
US West (+ Midwest)

The captains shall remain the same with East Europe becoming Rest of Europe and US West captains taking over the merged region. The captain signups thread shall be re-opened for France captains.

Tagging relevant parties: Willdbeast Hamhamhamham Aethernum Perish Song rozes lax LPY

I hope this satisfies the concerns and I apologize for the last-minute changes. Please try to submit the lineups as soon as possible so WCoOM can begin by Sunday/Monday.
U gotta be kidding us, right? Tell us this is a joke and we'll get on teambuilding n stuff

Asia Pacific
Canada
France
Rest of Europe
UK
US Northeast
US South
US West (+ Midwest)

The captains shall remain the same with East Europe becoming Rest of Europe and US West captains taking over the merged region. The captain signups thread shall be re-opened for France captains.

Is this your final answer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)