Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I'm feeling more and more like we're just gonna have one final big 15-20 minute direct before the game releases. I don't see why they'd be so tight-lipped and make us wait so long right before release for a regular old trailer...

No no no no...we're so close to release and the lack of info makes it harder to confirm leaks...we got 2 more weeks guys i dont wanna see 30 mons revealed and the twist legend front and center

I'm feeling more and more like we're just gonna have one final big 15-20 minute direct before the game releases. I don't see why they'd be so tight-lipped and make us wait so long right before release for a regular old trailer...
They’ve stated outright that they’ve been giving us a lot less info in order for more things to be a surprise, so I doubt there will be a big 15 - 20 minute direct. If there will be one it’ll be a normal sized video kind of thing

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
No no no no...we're so close to release and the lack of info makes it harder to confirm leaks...we got 2 more weeks guys i dont wanna see 30 mons revealed and the twist legend front and center
Doubt they'll do that.

If they do a final direct before release what I can see them doing is actually showing an edited video of what the first hour of the game would be like (maybe up until we get to the Wild Area). Because we do know what basically goes on thanks to GameInformer and other sources getting to play the game for the first hour or so until they reached the Wild Area. However it was mentioned in those sneak peaks that there was a Pokemon they weren't allowed to disclose, mention of another character, and also the curious was they described you getting the ability to Dyanamax (via a falling star). If they just showed us that footage not only would it not reveal much that we don't already know but will reveal at least one new Pokemon, mention of a new and possibly important character, and get to see some interesting visuals. Infact they may even go into a bit about what can be done in the Wild Area such as describing the Watt currency system and what can be bought with it.

It'll get us excited for what we're about to play but keep us wanting more by not showing us any more we haven't heard of.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Another interview recently came out done by Metro. It's not really interesting, kind of just restating things we already know and pretty non-answery to the point where I don't feel like a breakdown is even worth the effort, but hey we're all bored as shit and need something to discuss.

EDIT: Actually, there is something interesting. According to this Reddit post I just stumbled upon, it's possible that Gigantamax Meowth is actually based on Monty Python:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonSwordAndShield/comments/dp55oa

So Pre-Loads are now up. UK ones at least are also offering a free Steelbook from the online Nintendo shop if you pre-order. Why would you want a Steelbook if you're getting the game digitally? I've been asking the same question since I got my Smash Ultimate bundle!

Either way, while the file size was previously stated to be 10.2GB; the eShop is giving me 9.5GB (for either version).

So Pre-Loads are now up. UK ones at least are also offering a free Steelbook from the online Nintendo shop if you pre-order. Why would you want a Steelbook if you're getting the game digitally? I've been asking the same question since I got my Smash Ultimate bundle!

Either way, while the file size was previously stated to be 10.2GB; the eShop is giving me 9.5GB (for either version).
So you can pre-order it now in the eShop?

So better data optimization, cut content, or were we misled?

0.7 GB seems like a lot of discrepancy.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
So better data optimization, cut content, or were we misled?

0.7 GB seems like a lot of discrepancy.
Or you know, it could just be compression?

You guys really need to chill. Like, a whole bunch.

Game release is inminent and we dont know if lando t is in it. Ill be so mad if lando t and heatran didnt make it alongside toxapex to balance the game.
Oh no what a shame. Toxapex isn't relevant in VGC, and they don't really care for singles at all.

Another interview recently came out done by Metro. It's not really interesting, kind of just restating things we already know and pretty non-answery to the point where I don't feel like a breakdown is even worth the effort, but hey we're all bored as shit and need something to discuss.

EDIT: Actually, there is something interesting. According to this Reddit post I just stumbled upon, it's possible that Gigantamax Meowth is actually based on Monty Python:
This has been known about for more than a few days now. If not weeks. Masuda watched a lot of british TV for inspiration.

Yea something like that. I think XY were out in certain places in Europe a week or so before the release date as well.
XY Dropped the day before official release in the UK because a lot of stores broke street date. It's why I was so far ahead of many people because I got the game on Thursday morning (which I had fortunately also booked off of work). So far, I haven't yet had it confirmed even if GAME will be doing a midnight opening (as apparently Nintendo put up the money for that in most instances). Borderlands 3, they didn't know till just a few days before, so I am not surprised at this point.

I'm expecting one more brief trailer, or the 9 minute Japanese trailer covering everything in English to drop, and after that it'll be almost radio silence till launch. However, we have some threads being created behind the scenes and a new forum waiting for real proper leaks to drop, which could be any day as I have had several sources say that they have started receiving copies to physical stores.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I'm expecting one more brief trailer, or the 9 minute Japanese trailer covering everything in English to drop, and after that it'll be almost radio silence till launch. However, we have some threads being created behind the scenes and a new forum waiting for real proper leaks to drop, which could be any day as I have had several sources say that they have started receiving copies to physical stores.
Mind me dropping a quick suggestion for if/when that does happen? (We can move this to DMs if you want)

Anyways, my proposal is to make separate threads for plot spoilers and new Pokemon/Gigantamax/Galarian form spoilers. Personally I really wanna learn about and test out these new Pokemon and old mons' forms, but want in-game plot, location and character details kept a secret for when I get the game probably sometime around Christmas, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Mind me dropping a quick suggestion for if/when that does happen? (We can move this to DMs if you want)

Anyways, my proposal is to make separate threads for plot spoilers and new Pokemon/Gigantamax/Galarian form spoilers. Personally I really wanna learn about and test out these new Pokemon and old mons' forms, but want in-game plot, location and character details kept a secret for when I get the game probably sometime around Christmas, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
Is it your first rodeo? That's basically what's done. Pokémon spoilers on one side, story spoilers on another.

The video was Pokeshopper's analysis of the upcoming merchandise schedule in which he mentioned that the images of the new Moncole(?) figures of Zacian and Zamazenta were due to be revealed by the end of October, which supposedly should show their typings on the box based on the previous packaging (unless GF's super-secretive approach this time around will result in the types being censored?). I have been eyeing the calendar and watching his twitter/Youtube channel to see if he is going to post any updates about it yet, but he doesn't seem to have mentioned anything about it since, so I dunno what's up. :blobshrug: I guess there are still 6 days for something to drop...
To follow up on this quick, pictures of the Zacian and Zamazenta figures have been publicly revealed, but if packaging is also floating around it seems only people in the industry or with connections may have seen it and thus the types, and Pokeshopper has stated that he won't be revealing anything not already officially revealed (see the thread):

Random question: if the Best Buy near me is open until 11:59pm every day, and the game is released at 12:00am on Friday 11/15, do you think they let me purchase it one (1) minute after closing time? i want the physical game, not the digital download.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Random question: if the Best Buy near me is open until 11:59pm every day, and the game is released at 12:00am on Friday 11/15, do you think they let me purchase it one (1) minute after closing time? i want the physical game, not the digital download.
I have no idea whatsoever, and I doubt anyone else here does. You'd probably have to actually call up the store or check their policies on their website

I have no idea whatsoever, and I doubt anyone else here does. You'd probably have to actually call up the store or check their policies on their website
I figured as much, but if anyone has experience with stores like Best Buy/Game Stop/etc picking up games at midnight when they close at 11pm or 11:59pm, I'm interested in hearing. I emailed and called the store but got no response.

If you really need a physical copy right at 12.00am you can also try Walmart (or any 24 hr large regional retailer) as they’ll also be carrying the games. I would still call ahead to ask for a hold (and to double check if they’ll sell it to you right away) as some people might have the same idea.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands

Is it your first rodeo? That's basically what's done. Pokémon spoilers on one side, story spoilers on another.
Yeap. We have a totally separate forum for when the real leaks drop.

This thread will remain for "Official" news until the game is launched. After that we will have a couple of different threads in the other forum, but one of them will be for Story stuff, one will be for "Data Leaks" (which may include story related elements) and then other stuff like an Ingame Team building thread or Discoveries/TM locations etc. We've done this a few times before, we know what we're doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)