NFL Thread - 2019-2020 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man it's hard to imagine what it's like to be in an easy division like the AFC south or NFC east. NFC north is such a pain in the ass with 2-3 good defenses and/or random explosive offense. As a Lions fan (FTP) Rodgers retirement cant come soon enough. Hopefully more injuries (I'm looking at you Aaron Jones) hasten that future. Vikings are very streaky and Bears cant find consistent QB play. Hoping Bob Quinn's slow and steady build pays off in the next 2-3 years(reserving judgement on Patricia until after next season). Vikings and Bears (lol Trubiscuit) gonna be in cap hell or else losing major parts of their defenses in the next 2 years. GB is always a wildcard especially with their new GM who doesnt mind shelling out in FA. Even though I still have hope for the Lions it's a tiny glimmer in such a strong division. Hoping we go 8-7-1 and land solid draft picks to strengthen our weak LB core and questionable secondary. Glad we didn't trade Slay at the deadline but he and Coleman cant hold it down themselves. Q. Diggs trade makes sense but it still hurt. Good luck in Seattle. Hope we take the GB approach and attack CB/S en masse for a couple drafts until we have it STOCKED. NE is usually ahead of the rest of the NFL and Belichick has stocked up on secondary + elite LB (getting Jamie Collins that cheap is unfair, fuck you Browns) is the future until/if big run packages (hellos Ravens/49ers) comes back. Of course football is a game of weeks and we need to get through next week oakland who ar surprisingly competent under chucky Gruden. The offense should have a field day though facing a bunch of teams castoffs (lol nevin Lawson & tahir 'shoulder tackle' whitehead). I'll take the points +2 spread in a heartbeat over the traiders

Man it's hard to imagine what it's like to be in an easy division like the AFC south or NFC east. NFC north is such a pain in the ass with 2-3 good defenses and/or random explosive offense. As a Lions fan (FTP) Rodgers retirement cant come soon enough. Hopefully more injuries (I'm looking at you Aaron Jones) hasten that future. Vikings are very streaky and Bears cant find consistent QB play. Hoping Bob Quinn's slow and steady build pays off in the next 2-3 years(reserving judgement on Patricia until after next season). Vikings and Bears (lol Trubiscuit) gonna be in cap hell or else losing major parts of their defenses in the next 2 years. GB is always a wildcard especially with their new GM who doesnt mind shelling out in FA. Even though I still have hope for the Lions it's a tiny glimmer in such a strong division. Hoping we go 8-7-1 and land solid draft picks to strengthen our weak LB core and questionable secondary. Glad we didn't trade Slay at the deadline but he and Coleman cant hold it down themselves. Q. Diggs trade makes sense but it still hurt. Good luck in Seattle. Hope we take the GB approach and attack CB/S en masse for a couple drafts until we have it STOCKED. NE is usually ahead of the rest of the NFL and Belichick has stocked up on secondary + elite LB (getting Jamie Collins that cheap is unfair, fuck you Browns) is the future until/if big run packages (hellos Ravens/49ers) comes back. Of course football is a game of weeks and we need to get through next week oakland who ar surprisingly competent under chucky Gruden. The offense should have a field day though facing a bunch of teams castoffs (lol nevin Lawson & tahir 'shoulder tackle' whitehead). I'll take the points +2 spread in a heartbeat over the traiders
you know its not that bad usually you just gotta dodge ray lewis

Parents everywhere just got done explaining to their children that Drew Brees is a system QB.

Now they have to break the news to them that PATRICK MAHOMES of all people is a system QB?

Are there any REAL QBs out there for the children to look up to?

Last edited:
The only thing keeping the Pat's in the game is their gimmick no huddle offense and it just cost them with the pick by Earl Thomas

Who were New England's previous opponents again?

Seriously, maybe all the talking heads and media can shut up about their "historic" numbers now. Take the stat lines on your papers and shove them down your throats. Played against tankers and teams who are even worse than the tankers. Too bad for the mistakes, otherwise Baltimore would up even more.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Before last night's game I was 90% sure the Patriots were going to win the Super Bowl.

Now I am 100% sure.

This is exactly what happens every time. Patriots lose one game badly and everyone starts talking about how they got 'exposed' and how the era is finally over. Then they go destroy everyone in the playoffs and win the SB.

As for the Ravens, I'm alarmed at how poorly Lamar Jackson still throws the ball. Last night he didn't have to because the Patriots could not stop their run game, but what is going to happen when they face a team that can? By the time the playoffs roll around, teams are going to be more adjusted to the Ravens' gimmick and will force them to throw. At that point, I just don't think Lamar will be able to handle it unless he vastly improves his technique. I guarantee you if the Ravens face the Patriots in the playoffs again, Bill Belichick will have the answer. He always does.

Excuse me while I go vomit.

Definitely agree that now is the time for the patriots to change what they do and win the super bowl, I think at this point the AFC is shaky enough that it's wide open for them to do so. If anything their biggest competition will have to come from whoever wins the NFC, and right now I think if anything the super bowl would be a shootout, and given their history I'd trust the patriots more than any other team to win that.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do not fret, fellow football fans, for I have discovered a glimmer of hope!

Whilst perusing some game results in past seasons, I have compiled an interesting statistic. Since 2001, the start of the Tom Brady era, the Patriots have faced a team in the playoffs that beat them in the regular season 9 times. In those 9 games, the Patriots are 3-6. Additionally, all 3 of those wins came between 2001 and 2009. The Patriots are 0-4 in such games since 2010.

This means the Ravens have a good chance to beat them again if they meet in the playoffs this year! The world might be saved yet!

Before last night's game I was 90% sure the Patriots were going to win the Super Bowl.

Now I am 100% sure.

This is exactly what happens every time. Patriots lose one game badly and everyone starts talking about how they got 'exposed' and how the era is finally over. Then they go destroy everyone in the playoffs and win the SB.
Ssssshhhhhhhhhhh they've been exposed

Tom Brady's time is over

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
You'd think Bill Belichick would've figured out how to coach a defense against the read option after getting gashed by it for more than a decade. Part of the problem is personnel because the DLine can't hang with great blockers like the Ravens line, but the front 7 also got repeatedly confused when it came to what their assignments were. Van Noy freezing up, letting the blocker run free, and taking the back diving the opposite way of the block letting Lamar get outside with an extra blocker was..... real fucking bad. If he takes the blocker on early he clogs traffic to the outside forcing the ball into the running back's hands and Hightower was behind him ready to take it, instead he takes himself out of the play for the offense, and let the blocker take Hightower out. Dline cant be the ones making the tackle when they're the one being read, and they need to know that.

Oh well.

I am sad that the Patriots defense is gonna be doubted because of this because they're still disgustingly good. I cant wait to see them against the Eagles after the bye.

Maybe Chicago will sign the cat to replace Mitchell Trubisky.

New Orleans Saints
San Francisco 49ers
New England Patriots
Baltimore Ravens
Seattle Seahawks
Houston Texans
Kansas City Chiefs
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings

Dallas Cowboys

You know damn right I'm dropping the Patriots here. Gonna be a shitty time for the players at the facility with this being the way they go out before the bye. Belichick's gonna chew them out.

Maintaining the stance that the Saints are the best team in the league. 49ers are next, but with the injury to Alexander, you wonder how healthy the defense can stay for the long run (given Bosa's history with missing time).

Ravens are just below that top tier line. Big statement win on Sunday night. You can't afford to take the wrong angles when defending against Jackson. Seahawks have among the highest ceiling in the league. Russell Wilson, MVP. Texans keep getting banged up with injuries, but have enough to be one of the front runners in the AFC.

Chiefs naturally get better in value as Mahomes gets healthier. And Matt Moore hasn't been bad, even in the week 8 loss. The Packers are puzzling. Adams comes back, everyone's available, and they end up not being able to do anything for a long period of time. Maybe too low for them down here (but I do think the Chiefs are better than them with Mahomes), but I haven't fully forgotten their offensive struggles the first several games of the season. The Vikings weren't destined for a streak. Cousins is good for periods, but you can't rely on him game-by-game like some other QBs can.

The Cowboys have done enough to get back into the list for me, but some other lists have them higher. New York Jets. Not erasing that yet. Prescott is still doing very well though.

New England Patriots
New England Patriots
Patrick Mahomes
San Francisco 49ers
New Orleans Saints
Seattle Seahawks
The New England Patriots who played the Ravens
Baltimore Ravens
Pittsburgh Steelers
The Patriots but this time the other teams gets a one half headstart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)