Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Wait, how does this work? I thought no online connection was needed for raid battles, so how does the game know to do this?
Uh... you connect to the internet and gain access to the event?

Or maybe the event dates are already pre-programmed.

Uh... you connect to the internet and gain access to the event?

Or maybe the event dates are already pre-programmed.
This doesn’t make any sense? In order to play with others you have to be online (internet connection). So you can’t participate in raid battles unless your on an internet connection or connected via local. Otherwise, if you were able to participate in a raid battle, then it would just be with npcs.

The autosave function will automatically save a player’s progress during their adventure at various points, such as entering a town or building. Although the function is automatically enabled when a Trainer begins their adventure, it can be turned off so saves can be made manually. Even when autosave is on, it is still possible to save progress in the game manually. Trainers can choose how they would like to save in the Options menu.
Can I go back some pages ago to the massive rage about "autosave mandatory gamefreak betrayed us" and laugh? :D
This doesn’t make any sense? In order to play with others you have to be online (internet connection). So you can’t participate in raid battles unless your on an internet connection or connected via local. Otherwise, if you were able to participate in a raid battle, then it would just be with npcs.
Raid battles can be played with AI partners as well.

Wait, how does this work? I thought no online connection was needed for raid battles, so how does the game know to do this?
Most likely if you're connected to the internet, the game will update its raid schedule.

Wait... Is the implication that any Pokemon hatched from an egg may spontaneously know an egg move or does it still need to be specifically bred for? Also Pokemon "teaching" egg moves to each other at the Nursery is brilliant.

Also is this the first time we've gotten an official term for EVs (base points)? I don't remember hearing that before with Super Training etc.

Wait... Is the implication that any Pokemon hatched from an egg may spontaneously know an egg move or does it still need to be specifically bred for?
You still need to say, breed a Sylveon that knows Happy Hour, but after that you can put it in the daycare with other sylveons and they can learn it as well.

This means that if you for example catch a Gigamax Charizard, or obtain a shiny Obstagoon, their stats, natures and egg-movest can be fixed without need to rebreed or softreset.

Wait... Is the implication that any Pokemon hatched from an egg may spontaneously know an egg move or does it still need to be specifically bred for? Also Pokemon "teaching" egg moves to each other at the Nursery is brilliant.

Also is this the first time we've gotten an official term for EVs (base points)? I don't remember hearing that before with Super Training etc.
I think that it still needs to be bred for, but they may be more common, thus decreasing their importance...

Way more than you'd think, but less than there could be due to the absence of a big chunk of the pokedex.

Nope, still no Wish Seismic Toss Chansey for you :P
That being said, it's technically legal for the [REDACTED]-less metagame. But that will depend on how they judge this mechanic.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So, anyone else ready to just have these games finally released? Like in the leak thread we're possibly waiting upon some other stuff like a few Pokemon stats (I wouldn't mind seeing the TM list myself), but with this recent "quality of life" trailer I was not expecting them to do, revealing of all the new Pokemon, what older Pokemon are and aren't part of the Galar Dex, and possibly getting some story spoilers I kind of had my fill. Now obviously this isn't GFs or Pokemon Company's fault and I'm not blaming them, nor am I blaming the leakers or those who want to indulge in the leaks (which I myself am guilty of). It's just that it suddenly feels like things are picking up at a fast pace (today I spent like an hour just catching up to all the posts on the leaker thread and I didn't even respond to any of the things discovered) and I'm lagging behind. Not sure if anyone else feels the same way.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
So, anyone else ready to just have these games finally released? Like in the leak thread we're possibly waiting upon some other stuff like a few Pokemon stats (I wouldn't mind seeing the TM list myself), but with this recent "quality of life" trailer I was not expecting them to do, revealing of all the new Pokemon, what older Pokemon are and aren't part of the Galar Dex, and possibly getting some story spoilers I kind of had my fill. Now obviously this isn't GFs or Pokemon Company's fault and I'm not blaming them, nor am I blaming the leakers or those who want to indulge in the leaks (which I myself am guilty of). It's just that it suddenly feels like things are picking up at a fast pace (today I spent like an hour just catching up to all the posts on the leaker thread and I didn't even respond to any of the things discovered) and I'm lagging behind. Not sure if anyone else feels the same way.
Talk about whiplash! Not even a week ago we were on our knees begging for ANY additional info, and now here we are with the entire Pokedex and new Pokemon roster known with stat leaks coming in daily. Shit's crazy, man.

Talk about whiplash! Not even a week ago we were on our knees begging for ANY additional info, and now here we are with the entire Pokedex and new Pokemon roster known with stat leaks coming in daily. Shit's crazy, man.
But honestly that's how it's been for the last handful releases ;)

Not only that, but somehow gf STILL managed to give us new info. I am more than ready to dive headfirst into this gen. I want o know every single thing about it

Not only that, but somehow gf STILL managed to give us new info. I am more than ready to dive headfirst into this gen. I want o know every single thing about it
Well, to be fair the "leaks" we're getting are probably from someone who got the game by luck and not an actual dataminer, thus most mechanics might manage to remain obscure until release...

...unless an actual dataminer gets his hands on the game, obv.

I'm unsure right now if i'd like to stay obscure of most of the game or not, despite all the disgrace I am still looking forward to play this game and the hype is hard to handle o.o

Well, to be fair the "leaks" we're getting are probably from someone who got the game by luck and not an actual dataminer, thus most mechanics might manage to remain obscure until release...

...unless an actual dataminer gets his hands on the game, obv.

I'm unsure right now if i'd like to stay obscure of most of the game or not, despite all the disgrace I am still looking forward to play this game and the hype is hard to handle o.o
Can’t wait for the game to come out. Already preordered sword. What will become of this thread ;-;. Maybe we can have another thread just on the gameplay and thoughts on it?

Can’t wait for the game to come out. Already preordered sword. What will become of this thread ;-;. Maybe we can have another thread just on the gameplay and thoughts on it?
That's what was done for the other games, so you can expect the same :) There'll be both spoiler and spoiler-free ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)