NFL Thread - 2019-2020 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Documentary Film Crew is at the Bengals game and gets 8 minutes of sideline footage over the course of 4 hours. That’s literally the most incompetent and useless cheating ever or..... it was genuinely a fuck up by the film crew.

I’m fucking exhausted by the cheating conspiracy theories from salty bitch boys, and I’m fucking furious that this is getting any news play at all.

Documentary Film Crew is at the Bengals game and gets 8 minutes of sideline footage over the course of 4 hours. That’s literally the most incompetent and useless cheating ever or..... it was genuinely a fuck up by the film crew.

I’m fucking exhausted by the cheating conspiracy theories from salty bitch boys, and I’m fucking furious that this is getting any news play at all.
then just dont film the fucking sideline lol

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's h

Well it wasn't over the course of 4 hours because they were discovered early in the game and asked to stop. The sideline was also apparently not supposed to be what they were filming. Even if it is useless, you really can't argue with how shady this looks given how people already view the Patriots. If it is a screw up, it's an incredibly coincidental and specific screw up.

If the Patriots are stupid enough to have any cameras anywhere near anything football game related without alerting every single party involved then they deserve some sort of punishment.

Like a 4th rder or something.

How would they not understand the optics of that.

The Patriots are the smartest organization in sports, so this is an incredibly stupid move from them that allows idiots to discredit them even more

TheValkyries

HOLY SHIT thREE QUOTES from dumbasses. Here let me hit you with some turtle talk, ever heard of B Roll? It’s the idea in a documentary of showing “action” to supplement a voiceover. Say you’re hypothetically talking to an NFL scout whose watching a game. A forward thinking producer says “get some footage of the game for when the scout is talking about the things that they look for.”

God all of you are acting like the person behind the camera was Robert Kraft and not some grade C lackey in the PR department.

Imagine thinking taping “signals” is still a fucking thing in 2019 when all the defensive calls are made via headset. Get your prissy asses outta here with this idiotic “optics” trash. I bet if next week the Ravens were caught listening to the playcalls because of illicit access to the radio system their opponent was using the media would frame it as an accident. Doesn’t even have to be the Ravens either could be literally anyone. Remember the media circus around the Falcons for pumping in crowd noise? The many calls from various retired NFL pros for how Championships should be waived from the Steelers because Tomlin tripped a guy? Yeah me neither. This only exists because the Patriots are the media branded Cheaters team because of a zoning violation and because foxborough is cold.

Massive fan of Pretzels hitting me with “Smartest Organization In Sports” after his weekly takedowns on how he thinks Belichick is stupid actually. Which is it my guy?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The reason it's worse for the Patriots is because they are "repeat offenders". You can argue the validity or importance of each scandal individually, but the bottom line is other teams probably wouldn't be hit as hard because they don't have the "cheating history" the Patriots do. I use quotation marks here again because most of this is alleged, but you really can't not understand why the Patriots get hit harder for shit like this in 2019 than other teams do.

TheValkyries

“Repeat Offender” is fucking laughable man. The only real scandal was Spygate which wasn’t about illegally taping defensive signals, which to this day is still not against the rules, it was about filming from non sanctioned areas. Every other “scandal” has turned out to be entirely false. Filming the Rams practice walkthrough? Literally never happened and was recanted from the newspaper that reported it. Deflategate is fucking hilarious in its severity of punishment in relation to fucking 0 illegal activity happening outside of rain and cold weather.

This is a fucking joke man, and you know it’s a joke. God. “Repeat offender” sure bud. The reason this is a big deal is because the Patriots have been winning for near two decades and literally everyone is jealous and wants to have some reason for it outside of their own failures.

we just gonna pretend like dudes dont just throw up their hands all the damn time to signal for calls, not everyones got a mic bro. Also why'd you literally say the same shit you said last time you got caught cheating; plus its not like they're gonna do anything. Quit getting so mad for getting called out lol.. your franchise is gonna get run into the dirt eventually. Bill aint livin forever.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
“Repeat Offender” is fucking laughable man. The only real scandal was Spygate which wasn’t about illegally taping defensive signals, which to this day is still not against the rules, it was about filming from non sanctioned areas. Every other “scandal” has turned out to be entirely false. Filming the Rams practice walkthrough? Literally never happened and was recanted from the newspaper that reported it. Deflategate is fucking hilarious in its severity of punishment in relation to fucking 0 illegal activity happening outside of rain and cold weather.

This is a fucking joke man, and you know it’s a joke. God. “Repeat offender” sure bud. The reason this is a big deal is because the Patriots have been winning for near two decades and literally everyone is jealous and wants to have some reason for it outside of their own failures.
Or maybe they really do cheat. I'm not sure why this makes you so angry, you have 6 lombardis and about 8 zillion straight division titles to comfort you. If the worst thing you have to deal with is people accusing you of cheating, you're spoiled rotten.

And if you think it's bad now, wait til your dynasty is finally over and your team returns to earth. Fans of every other team are going to delight in it and never let you forget it. Better start working on your patience now, because it ain't getting any better.

This is all true

But why would you have a camera anywhere near another team's sideline without notifying them first considering the optics. You dont get the benefit of the doubt

TheValkyries

This is all true

But why would you have a camera anywhere near another team's sideline without notifying them first considering the optics. You dont get the benefit of the doubt
They did. At least, they asked permission from the Browns aka the organization in charge of hosting the game. The idea that a decision made at the level of small time film crew is some major systemic failure is ludicrous.

And WaterBomb if I called the Steelers habitual and systemic cheaters and you had to deal with every minor bureaucratic fuck up as being a part of a grand conspiracy you’d get tired of it too. “The only downside to enjoying the success of your team is the vast network of people who insist on discrediting their success as valid. Why are you so spoiled?” Like seriously my guy what if, we just let each other live. I can put up with clowning on my shit team cuz I grew up when they were a load of shit. I appreciate this run but I don’t have to accept stupid bullshit just because my team is good. Instead of saying I’m spoiled it’s more accurate to say you’re being a whiny brat for insisting to hold to the demonstrably ludicrous “Cheater” claim. Every team breaks the rules, but only one team “cheats” in the NFL and that’s utter bullshit.

I really love this insistence that I’m the one not being appreciative of greatness, when in reality the people being spoiled are everyone who just hates on the Patriots. Imagine going back in time and watching Michael Jordan and just hating every second of it. Or watching the 80s 49ers, or the 70s Steelers. Or Arnold Palmer or Tiger Woods in their prime. Imagine being so spoiled by some of the most historic success in sports that you feel entitled to whine because it’s not YOUR team. Fuck outta here.

They did. At least, they asked permission from the Browns aka the organization in charge of hosting the game. The idea that a decision made at the level of small time film crew is some major systemic failure is ludicrous.

And WaterBomb if I called the Steelers habitual and systemic cheaters and you had to deal with every minor bureaucratic fuck up as being a part of a grand conspiracy you’d get tired of it too. “The only downside to enjoying the success of your team is the vast network of people who insist on discrediting their success as valid. Why are you so spoiled?” Like seriously my guy what if, we just let each other live. I can put up with clowning on my shit team cuz I grew up when they were a load of shit. I appreciate this run but I don’t have to accept stupid bullshit just because my team is good. Instead of saying I’m spoiled it’s more accurate to say you’re being a whiny brat for insisting to hold to the demonstrably ludicrous “Cheater” claim. Every team breaks the rules, but only one team “cheats” in the NFL and that’s utter bullshit.

I really love this insistence that I’m the one not being appreciative of greatness, when in reality the people being spoiled are everyone who just hates on the Patriots. Imagine going back in time and watching Michael Jordan and just hating every second of it. Or watching the 80s 49ers, or the 70s Steelers. Or Arnold Palmer or Tiger Woods in their prime. Imagine being so spoiled by some of the most historic success in sports that you feel entitled to whine because it’s not YOUR team. Fuck outta here.
steelers never once not ever never ever cheated

Kinda weird week for rankings. I think you can reestablish that top tier though. That's the Ravens, 49ers, and Saints.

Baltimore Ravens
San Francisco 49ers
New Orleans Saints
Kansas City Chiefs
Seattle Seahawks
New England Patriots
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
Tennessee Titans
Houston Texans

The Ravens win was important since it provided another example that they can manage to beat a good defensive team while Jackson doesn't put on his usual electric performance. Besides them, the 49ers are clearly faster and more dominant than everyone right now. Even without a list of top-tier names on offense (Kittle is a machine), Shanahan's making them get it done and can score if they need to, even in tough stadiums. The Saints can also be included in the top group, despite the loss. Davenport going on IR isn't good though.

Big win for the Chiefs, despite Mahomes not quite fully himself yet. I like them more as the weeks go by though. The (pass) defense is coming up.

The Seahawks head the shithouse group. Teams with good records, but you question how the fuck are they there. That loss sucked dick and that's the third time that's happened at home this season. Still a playoff threat as long as Wilson's there. The check that Belichick sends to the refs prior to every game must have bounced last week, because that was the most brutal, awful act of officiating I've definitely seen this year. A robbed touchdown for each side of the ball. That offensive one though, I don't know how they came the conclusion that Harry was out. Was clear as day in real time when the play was live. Regardless of what the rules are saying, you can't allow a screw up resulting in a lost touchdown (or any play for that matter) stand like that. Anyways, officiating or not, their offense is still listless as fuck. The Packers are another team likely not as good as their record. They honestly haven't truly hit their stride despite a coyple of their past scores. How are you gonna play like that against the Redskins? Last team rounding out the shithouse category will be the Vikings. While they're still in control of a wildcard spit, I don't see them as an imposing threat. They're solid enough, but their ceiling isn't as high (despite Cook being great this ceiling), especially with Zimmer coaching. They should have done more damage to the Lions.

The story of the Titans have circled around Ryan Tannehill (who I'm not convinced of as a true long-term option - better make sure that new contract is smartly constructed). They've been hot and can definitely threaten for their division. And as for the division, the Texans are too inconsistent. They need all their core guys present and on point, otherwise they look like a bottom-team. If they make it to the playoffs, they're a round 1 exit like they've done in the past.

The Bills definitely had a chance to win against the Ravens. As said before, their offense isn't reliable enough. Won't dock them their spot since it was the Ravens, but there's a reason why they haven't climbed up past ten yet. They're not necessarily an instant exit in the playoffs though (depending on who they face).

Might as well give a mention to the Rams who make a big jump and are pretty close to a couple of these other teams.

Last edited:
Last team rounding out the shithouse category will be the Vikings. While they're still in control of a wildcard spit, I don't see them as an imposing threat. They're solid enough, but their ceiling isn't as high (despite Cook being great this ceiling), especially with Zimmer coaching. They should have done more damage to the Lions.
It's funny that you think the Vikings should have scored more points on the Lions. I know we aren't a winning team but we've been in every single game this season with exception of the Vikings. They have our number and the two worst losses of the season have come at their hands. Most people just write off Detroit (with good reason) but but the other 7 losses have been within one score and most of them we actually had the lead at one point. Are the Lions a good team? No, we aren't, but we also arent a dumpster fire like the browns or Falcons. Were down to the third string UDFA qb ffs. Health is one of the most important skills and Detroit's luck has been disgusting this season. I've a new appreciation for what Tomlin has managed to accomplish in Pittsburgh, even if I still detest the Steelers.

Its pretty obvious here that the patriots are gonna lose like a 6th rder that belichick woulda traded for 3 7th rders.

But you gotta tell the Bengals aswell as the browns

Last edited:

TheValkyries

It’s like you’ve learned the entirely wrong lesson from the constant cheating accusations. The Jets thing wasn’t a huge deal either lmao.

Is it really so hard to believe that a film crew 10 weeks into a job just fucked up the bureaucracy chain, or is it truly so much more sense that the Patriots made sham videos for 10 weeks just so they could film sidelines for.......... whatever devious unscrupulous reason one can imagine and that going through all that effort they finally decided to put the plan into motion and film the literal worst team in the league.

Sometimes dumb shit happens and it’s not a conspiracy. Stop buying into the “Patriots are an org with autonomous intelligence, a gestalt intellect, first of its kind, whose sole purpose is to win games.” Next we’re going to be hearing about how patriots cheerleaders have been seducing visiting players the night before and giving them food poisoning or some shit. That the Robert Kraft owned Boston Uprising have been pubstomping the children of NFL Players in Overwatch to mess with the psyche of their home life. That the New England Revolution intentionally scuffed up the grass fields of the Ravens stadium during a practice or a game.

Imagine thinking in today’s world that you can’t surreptitiously film sidelines in better ways then a full charade PR crew that prolonged the charade for 10 weeks (this really cant be stressed enough). Why not just buy sideline tickets, a team jersey, and pull out a phone?

Fuck these refs man. That's some bullshit taking away a TD for some tickytack penalty. Harbaugh and Lamar are so pissed off lol. Why else would they use hardcoumts to fuck with the jets on the goal line? That defense is embarrassing

TheValkyries

You ever just watch the ravens offense play and be alarmed at how fucking fast they are, but also how stacked they are talent wise on the offensive line and tight end positions too. God they’re so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)