NFL Thread - 2019-2020 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe Brees fumbled the win away from Taysom Hill.. idk why they do trick plays with him.. leave Hill in the game.

What a weird playoffs so far. The two NFC divisions with a single entrant were both defeated by the lower seeds. Meanwhile the two AFC south teams eliminated the two AFC east teams.

Also belichick has now lost to his three most recent disciples to get HC jobs and Vrabel did it twice.

Now if only Seattle can only clap those cheese-headed idiots next week I can enjoy the rest of the playoffs

Looks like Pats fans are divided between being team Brady or team Belichick

Think it goes without saying that I'm 152% team Brady.

If he left i'd jump ship to whatever team signed him.

And if he retires I jump ship on them for not wanting him and doing him so bad this yr

Last edited:

Think it goes without saying that I'm 152% team Brady.

If he left i'd jump ship to whatever team signed him.

And if he retires I jump ship on them for not wanting him and doing him so bad this yr
except all the success is tied to bill... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Huh? This isn’t October 2017 during the height of Bill-Brady power struggle, with Jimmy G and Alex Guerrero and all that jazz. Bill’s staying almost certainly; it’s all up to Brady on what he wants to do next. Haven’t heard many people saying they’re picking one or the other.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Brady will be 6 feet in the ground and pretzels will be talking about how he just needs more help at receiver.

#6 Tennessee Titans @ #1 Baltimore Ravens
#6 Minnesota Vikings @ #1 San Francisco 49ers

#4 Houston Texans @ #2 Kansas City Chiefs
#5 Seattle Seahawks @ #2 Green Bay Packers

No sense being cute, although at least one upset should happen.

Fun fact, Seattle hasn't won in Lambeau Field in two decades. Auto-loss. I'm pissed that the Saints lost and sent us there for round 2.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Brian Flores showed everyone how to defend Brady, and it’s crowding the center of the field with cover 2 and daring Brady to throw outside to the one on ones. Brady can’t throw outside. He’s always been bad at it but he could do it if forced to before but now he just doesn’t have it in his bag of tricks anymore. How many times he tried to get it to Dorsett in those situations and flat missed it this year was ridiculous. And then of course the corners on the outside also started cheating on the routes because they know Brady’s never going to hit the go route, which is part of why separation was harder for the receivers (not saying the receivers were good at separation otherwise, a fair number would still struggle with it but lack of route diversity hurts a lot).

If any player can evolve and improve his game to adapt to this shortcoming it’s Thomas F. Brady, but to say he wasn’t also a part of the shortcomings of the offense this season is blind. There was failures at damn near every level. Most of the failures I put at the feet of all the offensive coaches who’ve been carried by Brady’s competence being unable to actually do anything for Brady the second he couldn’t do the same things he used to. McDaniels making Brady through 600 year times this season, 44 times in the playoff game is fucking ludicrously stupid. Watch some goddamn 49ers tape and develop a running game that is varied enough to bail out your offensive line. Have a receivers coach competent enough to be able to help the receivers run routes in a way that generates separation even when the go routes are gone. There’s so much the coaches could have done but instead they showed their ass again and said “well Brady will cover for us.”

P.s. the receivers coach of the Patriots was just hired as the NYG head coach (he was special teams coordinator+receivers coach). And McDaniels is hopefully buggering off to be a HC elsewhere too. My condolences to the NYG and whatever unlucky bastards hire McDaniels.

Bill’s staying almost certainly; it’s all up to Brady on what he wants to do next. Haven’t heard many people saying they’re picking one or the other.
Bill is 100% back I meant it more in the following sense:
Brady wants to play for the Patriots. But he wants them to commit to him. For some reason fans are divided on that.
Brian Flores showed everyone how to defend Brady, and it’s crowding the center of the field with cover 2 and daring Brady to throw outside to the one on ones. Brady can’t throw outside
Brady has had an above average outside receiver twice in his career (Moss and Cooks) he was the league MVP in both those years.

His outside targets this year were N'keal harry who couldn't separate from a statue IN COLLEGE (for some reason the patriots drafted him over 6 far superior players.) and Sanu who was probably the most terrible in season acquisition in recent NFL memory.

Watch some goddamn 49ers tape and develop a running game that is varied enough to bail out your offensive line.
Every niners RB runs sb 4.4 and can catch.

Sony Michel runs in slow motion and is one of the worst pass catching backs in the league.

It also helps that the 49ers have the best TE in the league (you kinda need one) who's amazing at blocking and receiving.

The 49ers also drafted a better rookie receiver and traded for a better receiver at the trade deadline, all while using less resources than the patriots.

Last edited:

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Every niners RB runs sb 4.4 and can catch.

It also helps that the 49ers have the best TE in the league (you kinda need one) who's amazing at blocking and receiving.

The 49ers also drafted a better rookie receiver and traded for a better receiver at the trade deadline, all while using less resources than the patriots.
God Niners s/o John and Kyle for bringing this franchise back to where it belongs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)