Team Bazaar Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
1609651749745.png

Old Bazaar posts get moved here when the teams become obsolete / unusable

~~~~~~

I thought I'd start off this thread and share the most recent variant of team I've been having some success with on the ladder. Keep in mind it is still in the middle of the building process as I'm sure almost all teams will be but I've gone 29-6 with this particular variant so far on showdown and I think I'm okay about talking about it now (I've been testing other variants too). I have no doubt this team is going to be changing significantly over the next few weeks, but for now I figured it would be good to give people something to actually work with potentially.

My Current Team:

https://pokepast.es/f46eeaee07409819

This is a pure paste, I've put some other options when talking about the sets that you might want to consider.

Teambuilding Process:

I started with the basic core of Mimikyu, Rotom and Dragapult. This I think is a super solid trio in Sword/Shield. It is hard to speculate what the meta will look like in a year, but I think that Mimikyu and Dragapult are currently the best two pokemon in the meta. Mimikyu with its signature Disguise is still as excellent as ever in Sword/Shield despite the nerf. The disguise nerf is more than made up for by two things, firstly that Mimikyu can Dynamax but also carry a Life Orb and secondly that max Phantasm lowers opposing defence, making it harder for defensive pokemon to tank without Dynamaxing themselves. Dragapult reminds me of Greninja or Tapu Koko from last generation, blistering speed, decent attacking stats, great coverage, unpredictable. Due to Dynamax and its speed tier, it is arguably even harder to switch into than these pokemon with only having two truly solid checks, Mimikyu and Grimmsnarl. Rotom-Heat has great synergy with Mimikyu, specifically pressuring the main two defensive switch-ins to mimikyu in the tier, Corviknight and Ferrothorn and also gives a ground immunity as well as Electric Stab for Gyarados. It also packs a slow volt switch for getting into threats.

Excadrill was the next addition to the team, what I really think sets Excadrill apart is its unique typing and excellent ability, specifically being able to deal well with opposing Rotom formes and Mimikyu with Mold Breaker as well as Grimmsnarl due to stab Iron Head. It also makes sure the opponent doesn't get huge momentum on lead due to Rock Tomb. Stealth Rocks, although less of a factor this generation are situationally great. Having an opposing Mimikyu check as well as something that could potentially revenge Sand/Rain sweepers in the endgame was something to keep in mind.

I played around a bit with a variety of pokemon before settling on Conkeldurr. GBU really inspired my pick up of Conkeldurr, with its power, tankiness and ability to deal out big damage to even opposing dynamaxed pokemon with Guts Flame Orb. It is strong in a variety of hyper offence matchups, specifically vs. Excadrill in Sand, Barraskewda, Seismitoad or Ludicolo in Rain as well as being great in Trick Room if Hatterene is gone. It also further abuses Ferrothorn/Toxapex cores without having to bring Rotom-Heat. It has one extra benefit, which is to act as a disrupter for status spreaders, specifically Hippowdon with Yawn and being able to pivot into Will-o-wisp Galarian Corsola. It does have one big weakness, which is to be careful around Mimikyu in particular.

I had a lot of trouble deciding a final pokemon but have actually found a lot of success with Whimsicott. Whimsicotts role in this team is mostly to be brought to frustrate opposing dynamax and lead choices. It has a very specific set which helps it annoy opposing Dragapult as well as waste turns of Dynamax from threats like Gyarados. I was considering Galarian Corsola for this role and it may well be better, but Whimsicott is just more annoying and far better at wasting time than Corsola-Galar due to prankster substitute.

Sets and Spreads:

I've not listed every possible calc here since there isn't enough time in the day, but some of the most important calcs against key pokemon in the metagame are highlighted.

Code:
Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
There are a few options you can go with Excadrill and Assault Vest was definitely one that I was considering. I do think that with the general lack of stealth rocks comparative to last generation at least so far, that Sash becomes a lot more valuable. Excadrill has two functions, either in the Lead Slot or in the Back as a clean up pokemon. From the lead, Rock Tomb prevents speed boosting and does a very decent amount to opposing Gyarados even after Intimidate. Iron head exists for Mimikyu and in conjunction with Rock Tomb, you should always be able to win the 1v1 even if the opposing Mimikyu Dynamaxes. Earthquake is just a solid stab that puts opposing Dragapult in range of Scarf Dragapult or Mimikyu. It also revenges opposing Excadrill and OHKOs Rotom Formes. It should be noted that Dragapult can click U-turn to break focus sash in this matchup, however there is very little that is faster than Excadrill that also wants to come in on Earthquake, which allows Excadrill to still get its job done. Stealth Rock is important for getting chip on opposing Gyarados and Rotom as well as breaking opposing sashes from Dragapult, Excadrill. It also helps in Niche matchups such as vs. Charizard Sun (HDB is a lot easier to wall with Rotom), Cramorant etc.

Vs. Dynamaxed Mimikyu: 252 Atk Excadrill Rock Tomb vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mimikyu: 22-26 (16.7 - 19.8%) -- guaranteed 6HKO
252 Atk Excadrill Iron Head vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mimikyu: 84-102 (64.1 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This means that after two life orb hits, even if opposing Mimikyu Dynamaxes, you will always win the 1v1.

Vs. Moxie Gyarados: 252 Atk Excadrill Rock Tomb vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 86-102 (50.5 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Vs. Intimidate Gyarados: -1 252 Atk Excadrill Rock Tomb vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 58-70 (34.1 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Forcing turn 1 dynamax from Gyarados will always result in a favourable trade even if Excadrill goes down.

Vs. Dynamaxed Dragapult: 252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 57-67 (34.9 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

This always puts opposing Dragapult in range of Mimikyu's LO Play Rough or opposing Dragapult's Draco Meteor or any Max Move, which your Dragapult will always live Max Moves. This is the worst matchup, but if you are in the situation you can still salvage it.

Code:
Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
The Mimikyu set is very standard, but also pretty specific. Adamant is always preferred over Jolly due to its ability to pressure Ferrothorn and Corviknight into difficult situations. Its main role is to bait in these pokemon so Rotom-H and to a lesser extent Conkeldurr/Dragapult can come in and start messing the opponent up. There is not a huge amount to say about this set that hasn't already been said, the coverage of Shadow Claw + Play Rough is fantastic, especially in its ability to provide another pressure point vs. Grimmsnarl, a pokemon that does annoy this team. A great Dynamaxer too, though you do want to be careful vs. opposing Mimikyu and Dragapult because they can use your lack of priority against you. I need not really say how great Disguise is as an ability to prevent opposing sweepers.

Versus Ferrothorn: +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 79-95 (43.6 - 52.4%) -- 23.8% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Max Phantasm vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 136-161 (75.1 - 88.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Even if Curse:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Max Phantasm vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 91-109 (50.2 - 60.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Versus Corviknight:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 94-110 (45.8 - 53.6%) -- 40.6% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Max Phantasm vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 173-204 (84.3 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The aim is to force opponents into bad situations where they feel they have to Dynamax, at which point you just go to Rotom-H for free. Conkeldurr and Dragapult are also excellent at exploiting these pokemon.

Code:
Dragapult @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast / (Flamethrower)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
Dragapult is a scarf set with the best possible coverage. The reason that Dragapult is Timid Scarf is to win speed ties or generally be faster than opposing Dragapult. Also, unlike Modest Dragapult, it is faster than +2 Gyarados, allowing the potential to revenge with thunderbolt which guarantee OHKOs all non-wacan Gyarados. It is also faster than even Jolly Excadrill under sand, which allows it to fire off a hit in that matchup against weakened Excadrill rather than having to take a hit from Conkeldurr. Draco Meteor is generally a strong STAB that guarantees the OHKO on opposing Dragapult. Fire Blast OHKOs Ferrothorn and Scarf Darmanitan Galar, forcing the latter to Dynamax if it wants to live. Flamethrower is safer vs. Darmanitan and allows Mimikyu or Conkeldurr to safely always revenge, but also means you are trading dragapult for Darmanitan. It also serves as a second really solid lead when Excadrill looks a bit shaky. Originally this had u-turn, but it is generally just better to not lead Dragapult in matchups it struggles vs. like Grimmsnarl and lead something like Mimikyu. Lastly when it comes to ability choice, Clear Body is preferred due to it ignoring sticky web and speed drops from icy wind/rock tomb, though either ability can work.

Vs. Darmanitan-Galar: 252 SpA Dragapult Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Darmanitan-Galar: 170-200 (94.4 - 111.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Vs. Gyarados: 252 SpA Dragapult Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gyarados: 172-204 (101.1 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Another noteworthy calc in the lead slot:

252 Atk Gyarados Max Airstream vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 136-162 (83.4 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Allowing you to get off two tbolts in this matchup.

Code:
Rotom-Heat @ Passho Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Reflect / (Trick / Discharge / Shadow Ball)
Rotom-Heat is here as virtue of its fantastic typing and ability to check Corviknight and Ferrothorn consistently. This specific set has a few extra tricks under its sleeve which I wanted to get into. The speed tier is Quiet as it allows slow Volt Switches vs. opposing Rotom-Formes and generally creating momentum with Volt Switch. The EV spread allows you to live even a +1 Gyarados's Max Geyser or a +0 Max Geyser in Rain, allowing you to get off the key damage needed when the opponent least expects it. The rest is placed in special attack, which gives the OHKO on non-dynamaxed Gyarados if they expect to OHKO with a Waterfall. Will-o-Wisp neuters a lot of attacking threats such as Mimikyu, Physical Dragapult, Gyarados, Sand Excadrill, Barraskewda. Overheat is the best STAB vs. Ferrothorn and Corviknight, Volt Switch gives momentum and OHKOs Gyarados or otherwise puts it in range of Mimikyu, Conkeldurr or Dragapult if Dynamaxed. The last move is really a toss up, reflect is the one I've currently been using as it has utility later on in the battle. Shadow ball can be a decent hit off onto Dragapult where you will live every hit including choice specs Draco Meteor. Trick can remove problematic items and can be unexpected from opponent (such as removing scarf/specs from Hydreigon or Dragapult or Eviolite from Galarian Corsola in matchups where you do not need Passho Berry. Discharge is also an alright option, just a stab with a chance to paralyse.

Vs. Gyarados: +1 252 Atk Gyarados Max Geyser vs. 252 HP / 140 Def Passho Berry Rotom-Heat: 135-159 (85.9 - 101.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
116+ SpA Rotom-Heat Volt Switch vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gyarados: 204-244 (120 - 143.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This allows to get key will-o-wisp/reflect/electric move on Gyarados depending on the matchup.

Vs. Dragapult: 252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Heat: 132-156 (84 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Code:
Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 164 HP / 100 Atk / 148 Def / 92 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
Conkeldurr has an interesting spread which is designed to eat certain hits and fire back with guts boosted attacks. This is especially useful in hyper offence matchups where Conkeldurr is surprisingly annoying to KO and does shit-tons of damage to opposing pokemon even if they are dynamaxed. Life Orb Sheer Force does achieve the same thing as this set but it does lose the ability to block status from Wisp Rotom/Corsola as well as Yawn Hippowdon. Drain Punch is its main stab and longevity, useful for things like Snorlax which might want to curse up or Ferrothorn. Conk just does too much damage for that to be possible. Mach Punch is a great priority, allowing the picking off of Excadrill, Hydreigon, Galarian Darmanitan and Barraskewda as well as weakened Gyarados/Rotom Formes. Thunder Punch is for Gyarados and Barraskewda as well as doing a very good amount to both Corviknight and Toxapex. Ice Punch is the last move, doing decent damage to Dragapult as well as Hippowdon.

Vs. Dragapult: 252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 164 HP / 92 SpD Conkeldurr: 172-204 (85.5 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after burn damage
100+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 170-202 (104.2 - 123.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Vs. Dynamaxed or Wacan Gyarados:
+1 252 Atk Gyarados Max Airstream vs. 64 HP / 148 Def Dynamaxed Conkeldurr: 146-174 (72.6 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after burn damage

Always gives two extra turns of Burn allowing you to mach punch later on in the game.

100+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 164-196 (96.4 - 115.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

100+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Max Lightning vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Wacan Berry Dynamaxed Gyarados: 132-156 (77.6 - 91.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

This guarantees the OHKO with Conkeldurr as long as it is burned, even if Gyarados has a Wacan Berry whilst Dynamaxed if you set up lead rocks with Excadrill.

Vs. Excadrill:

+2 252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 164 HP / 148 Def Conkeldurr: 172-204 (85.5 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after burn damage

Code:
Whimsicott @ Occa Berry / ( Leftovers / Mental Herb )
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Cotton Guard
- Substitute
- Protect
Whimsicott is kind of a silly set, but works surprisingly effectively in matchups without Ferrothorn or Grimmsnarl. This may change in future, especially as more dragapults take infiltrator over clear body and there are more uses of Taunt. Obviously this pokemon gets completely shut down by Taunt, but it is quite hard to run Taunt on more offensive mons like Gyarados when you sacrifice a lot of sweeping potential. This pokemons main purpose is literally just to sit there and substitute out opposing Dynamax, trick room, rain or sand in matchups where opponent has win conditions that are really annoying to deal with. Cotton Guard allows it to better check Physical Dragapult and other physical attackers in the tier. Pokemon that can sometimes cause trouble but are more niche like Haxorus, Cramorant, Conkeldurr, Corsola-Galar on offence and Dracozolt hate this pokemon. Once a pokemon that is Whimsicott food comes in, Substitute happens and then behold as it leech stalls your entire team. Leech seed, sub and protect are pretty standard. Cotton Guard is actually used to be able to substitute stall certain dynamax attackers such as gyarados and physical dragapult as prankster cotton guard will allow living of any hit. Occa Berry allows you to any hit from special Dragapult, allowing you to sub stall it if it is not infiltrator. Leftovers and mental herb are viable alternatives to Occa Berry.

Vs. Gyarados: 252 Atk Gyarados Max Airstream vs. +3 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 68-84 (40.7 - 50.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

This allows you to Leech Seed and sub stall. Even at +1 you always get substitute as long as you have already cotton guarded so you can seed and then sub. Other sweepers like Barraskewda, Dracovish are far easier to deal with as they struggle to hit you hard.

Vs. Dragapult:

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Occa Berry Whimsicott: 98-116 (58.6 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Occa Berry Whimsicott: 108-128 (64.6 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Allowing to get off substitute after seeds.

Vs. Hydreigon:

252 SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Occa Berry Whimsicott: 114-135 (68.2 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Scarf Damage is even better for Whimsicott.

Vs. Mimikyu:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Max Phantasm vs. +3 252 HP / 252 Def Whimsicott: 87-105 (52 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You can sub leech seed this pokemon if needed. Keep in mind that because of the spread, Mimikyu's shadow sneak will be faster than prankster Sub but sub + protect should always win you this matchup by wearing Mimi down.

Team Selection:

I'm going to keep this very brief, in most matchups you want to bring 3/4 of the following:

These generally will cover the majority of matchups and are solid. The lead choice is flexible but generally you want to lead Excadrill or Dragapult with Mimikyu/Excadrill lead if the opponent has a grimmsnarl. Rotom-Heat can be a decent lead vs. Balance/Stall type builds. Aim to chip stuff down so that one of Mimikyu/Dragapult can win. Use Rotom-H to get these pokemon in as much as possible on advantageous matchups and use their power. Generally you always want to be trading with your opponent, you don't have good natural switchins. The key to playing well is to never give your opponent momentum for free and fire off hits to weaken your opponent.

When you are struggling conventionally based off team preview, use one of these two pokemon as well. I dont think both of these are good together, but they can be good in certain situations. Whimsicott is great when there is no grass type and no Grimmsnarl. Conkeldurr can be good vs. weak but fat teams or Hyper offence, bulky offence it is generally less useful, but just be sure to deal with opposing ghost types when bringing Conkeldurr and have a plan for Mimikyu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rilla-Vish Sand
:Rillaboom: :Sandaconda: :Excadrill: :Mimikyu: :Dracovish: :Duraludon:
The usual game plan is to have one of Mimikyu/Excadrill/Dracovish break and weaken key targets for another one to clean up.
When you can't find a situation to Swords Dance with Excadrill, you can often have Weakness Policy easily activated under Dynamax thanks to both the HP increase and the (Special) Defence boosts from Max-Steelspike and Max-Quake.
The slower and bulkier teams are usually broken down by Dracovish. The damage output from Choice Banded Fishious Rend is overwhelming. Even against faster threats, Dracovish can be supported by Glare to find targets.
Focus Sash on Sandaconda acts mostly as a safety net allowing it to Glare boosted targets and, hopefully, prevent them from getting out of hand.

I thought I'd start off this thread and share the most recent variant of team I've been having some success with on the ladder. Keep in mind it is still in the middle of the building process as I'm sure almost all teams will be but I've gone 29-6 with this particular variant so far on showdown and I think I'm okay about talking about it now (I've been testing other variants too). I have no doubt this team is going to be changing significantly over the next few weeks, but for now I figured it would be good to give people something to actually work with potentially.

My Current Team:

https://pokepast.es/f46eeaee07409819

This is a pure paste, I've put some other options when talking about the sets that you might want to consider.

Teambuilding Process:

I started with the basic core of Mimikyu, Rotom and Dragapult. This I think is a super solid trio in Sword/Shield. It is hard to speculate what the meta will look like in a year, but I think that Mimikyu and Dragapult are currently the best two pokemon in the meta. Mimikyu with its signature Disguise is still as excellent as ever in Sword/Shield despite the nerf. The disguise nerf is more than made up for by two things, firstly that Mimikyu can Dynamax but also carry a Life Orb and secondly that max Phantasm lowers opposing defence, making it harder for defensive pokemon to tank without Dynamaxing themselves. Dragapult reminds me of Greninja or Tapu Koko from last generation, blistering speed, decent attacking stats, great coverage, unpredictable. Due to Dynamax and its speed tier, it is arguably even harder to switch into than these pokemon with only having two truly solid checks, Mimikyu and Grimmsnarl. Rotom-Heat has great synergy with Mimikyu, specifically pressuring the main two defensive switch-ins to mimikyu in the tier, Corviknight and Ferrothorn and also gives a ground immunity as well as Electric Stab for Gyarados. It also packs a slow volt switch for getting into threats.

Excadrill was the next addition to the team, what I really think sets Excadrill apart is its unique typing and excellent ability, specifically being able to deal well with opposing Rotom formes and Mimikyu with Mold Breaker as well as Grimmsnarl due to stab Iron Head. It also makes sure the opponent doesn't get huge momentum on lead due to Rock Tomb. Stealth Rocks, although less of a factor this generation are situationally great. Having an opposing Mimikyu check as well as something that could potentially revenge Sand/Rain sweepers in the endgame was something to keep in mind.

I played around a bit with a variety of pokemon before settling on Conkeldurr. GBU really inspired my pick up of Conkeldurr, with its power, tankiness and ability to deal out big damage to even opposing dynamaxed pokemon with Guts Flame Orb. It is strong in a variety of hyper offence matchups, specifically vs. Excadrill in Sand, Barraskewda, Seismitoad or Ludicolo in Rain as well as being great in Trick Room if Hatterene is gone. It also further abuses Ferrothorn/Toxapex cores without having to bring Rotom-Heat. It has one extra benefit, which is to act as a disrupter for status spreaders, specifically Hippowdon with Yawn and being able to pivot into Will-o-wisp Galarian Corsola. It does have one big weakness, which is to be careful around Mimikyu in particular.

I had a lot of trouble deciding a final pokemon but have actually found a lot of success with Whimsicott. Whimsicotts role in this team is mostly to be brought to frustrate opposing dynamax and lead choices. It has a very specific set which helps it annoy opposing Dragapult as well as waste turns of Dynamax from threats like Gyarados. I was considering Galarian Corsola for this role and it may well be better, but Whimsicott is just more annoying and far better at wasting time than Corsola-Galar due to prankster substitute.

Sets and Spreads:

I've not listed every possible calc here since there isn't enough time in the day, but some of the most important calcs against key pokemon in the metagame are highlighted.

Code:
Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
There are a few options you can go with Excadrill and Assault Vest was definitely one that I was considering. I do think that with the general lack of stealth rocks comparative to last generation at least so far, that Sash becomes a lot more valuable. Excadrill has two functions, either in the Lead Slot or in the Back as a clean up pokemon. From the lead, Rock Tomb prevents speed boosting and does a very decent amount to opposing Gyarados even after Intimidate. Iron head exists for Mimikyu and in conjunction with Rock Tomb, you should always be able to win the 1v1 even if the opposing Mimikyu Dynamaxes. Earthquake is just a solid stab that puts opposing Dragapult in range of Scarf Dragapult or Mimikyu. It also revenges opposing Excadrill and OHKOs Rotom Formes. It should be noted that Dragapult can click U-turn to break focus sash in this matchup, however there is very little that is faster than Excadrill that also wants to come in on Earthquake, which allows Excadrill to still get its job done. Stealth Rock is important for getting chip on opposing Gyarados and Rotom as well as breaking opposing sashes from Dragapult, Excadrill. It also helps in Niche matchups such as vs. Charizard Sun (HDB is a lot easier to wall with Rotom), Cramorant etc.

Vs. Dynamaxed Mimikyu: 252 Atk Excadrill Rock Tomb vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mimikyu: 22-26 (16.7 - 19.8%) -- guaranteed 6HKO
252 Atk Excadrill Iron Head vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mimikyu: 84-102 (64.1 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This means that after two life orb hits, even if opposing Mimikyu Dynamaxes, you will always win the 1v1.

Vs. Moxie Gyarados: 252 Atk Excadrill Rock Tomb vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 86-102 (50.5 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Vs. Intimidate Gyarados: -1 252 Atk Excadrill Rock Tomb vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 58-70 (34.1 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Forcing turn 1 dynamax from Gyarados will always result in a favourable trade even if Excadrill goes down.

Vs. Dynamaxed Dragapult: 252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 57-67 (34.9 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

This always puts opposing Dragapult in range of Mimikyu's LO Play Rough or opposing Dragapult's Draco Meteor or any Max Move, which your Dragapult will always live Max Moves. This is the worst matchup, but if you are in the situation you can still salvage it.

Code:
Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
The Mimikyu set is very standard, but also pretty specific. Adamant is always preferred over Jolly due to its ability to pressure Ferrothorn and Corviknight into difficult situations. Its main role is to bait in these pokemon so Rotom-H and to a lesser extent Conkeldurr/Dragapult can come in and start messing the opponent up. There is not a huge amount to say about this set that hasn't already been said, the coverage of Shadow Claw + Play Rough is fantastic, especially in its ability to provide another pressure point vs. Grimmsnarl, a pokemon that does annoy this team. A great Dynamaxer too, though you do want to be careful vs. opposing Mimikyu and Dragapult because they can use your lack of priority against you. I need not really say how great Disguise is as an ability to prevent opposing sweepers.

Versus Ferrothorn: +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 79-95 (43.6 - 52.4%) -- 23.8% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Max Phantasm vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 136-161 (75.1 - 88.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Even if Curse:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Max Phantasm vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 91-109 (50.2 - 60.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Versus Corviknight:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 94-110 (45.8 - 53.6%) -- 40.6% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Max Phantasm vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 173-204 (84.3 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The aim is to force opponents into bad situations where they feel they have to Dynamax, at which point you just go to Rotom-H for free. Conkeldurr and Dragapult are also excellent at exploiting these pokemon.

Code:
Dragapult @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast / (Flamethrower)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
Dragapult is a scarf set with the best possible coverage. The reason that Dragapult is Timid Scarf is to win speed ties or generally be faster than opposing Dragapult. Also, unlike Modest Dragapult, it is faster than +2 Gyarados, allowing the potential to revenge with thunderbolt which guarantee OHKOs all non-wacan Gyarados. It is also faster than even Jolly Excadrill under sand, which allows it to fire off a hit in that matchup against weakened Excadrill rather than having to take a hit from Conkeldurr. Draco Meteor is generally a strong STAB that guarantees the OHKO on opposing Dragapult. Fire Blast OHKOs Ferrothorn and Scarf Darmanitan Galar, forcing the latter to Dynamax if it wants to live. Flamethrower is safer vs. Darmanitan and allows Mimikyu or Conkeldurr to safely always revenge, but also means you are trading dragapult for Darmanitan. It also serves as a second really solid lead when Excadrill looks a bit shaky. Originally this had u-turn, but it is generally just better to not lead Dragapult in matchups it struggles vs. like Grimmsnarl and lead something like Mimikyu. Lastly when it comes to ability choice, Clear Body is preferred due to it ignoring sticky web and speed drops from icy wind/rock tomb, though either ability can work.

Vs. Darmanitan-Galar: 252 SpA Dragapult Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Darmanitan-Galar: 170-200 (94.4 - 111.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Vs. Gyarados: 252 SpA Dragapult Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gyarados: 172-204 (101.1 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Another noteworthy calc in the lead slot:

252 Atk Gyarados Max Airstream vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 136-162 (83.4 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Allowing you to get off two tbolts in this matchup.

Code:
Rotom-Heat @ Passho Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Reflect / (Trick / Discharge / Shadow Ball)
Rotom-Heat is here as virtue of its fantastic typing and ability to check Corviknight and Ferrothorn consistently. This specific set has a few extra tricks under its sleeve which I wanted to get into. The speed tier is Quiet as it allows slow Volt Switches vs. opposing Rotom-Formes and generally creating momentum with Volt Switch. The EV spread allows you to live even a +1 Gyarados's Max Geyser or a +0 Max Geyser in Rain, allowing you to get off the key damage needed when the opponent least expects it. The rest is placed in special attack, which gives the OHKO on non-dynamaxed Gyarados if they expect to OHKO with a Waterfall. Will-o-Wisp neuters a lot of attacking threats such as Mimikyu, Physical Dragapult, Gyarados, Sand Excadrill, Barraskewda. Overheat is the best STAB vs. Ferrothorn and Corviknight, Volt Switch gives momentum and OHKOs Gyarados or otherwise puts it in range of Mimikyu, Conkeldurr or Dragapult if Dynamaxed. The last move is really a toss up, reflect is the one I've currently been using as it has utility later on in the battle. Shadow ball can be a decent hit off onto Dragapult where you will live every hit including choice specs Draco Meteor. Trick can remove problematic items and can be unexpected from opponent (such as removing scarf/specs from Hydreigon or Dragapult or Eviolite from Galarian Corsola in matchups where you do not need Passho Berry. Discharge is also an alright option, just a stab with a chance to paralyse.

Vs. Gyarados: +1 252 Atk Gyarados Max Geyser vs. 252 HP / 140 Def Passho Berry Rotom-Heat: 135-159 (85.9 - 101.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
116+ SpA Rotom-Heat Volt Switch vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gyarados: 204-244 (120 - 143.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This allows to get key will-o-wisp/reflect/electric move on Gyarados depending on the matchup.

Vs. Dragapult: 252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Heat: 132-156 (84 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Code:
Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 164 HP / 100 Atk / 148 Def / 92 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
Conkeldurr has an interesting spread which is designed to eat certain hits and fire back with guts boosted attacks. This is especially useful in hyper offence matchups where Conkeldurr is surprisingly annoying to KO and does shit-tons of damage to opposing pokemon even if they are dynamaxed. Life Orb Sheer Force does achieve the same thing as this set but it does lose the ability to block status from Wisp Rotom/Corsola as well as Yawn Hippowdon. Drain Punch is its main stab and longevity, useful for things like Snorlax which might want to curse up or Ferrothorn. Conk just does too much damage for that to be possible. Mach Punch is a great priority, allowing the picking off of Excadrill, Hydreigon, Galarian Darmanitan and Barraskewda as well as weakened Gyarados/Rotom Formes. Thunder Punch is for Gyarados and Barraskewda as well as doing a very good amount to both Corviknight and Toxapex. Ice Punch is the last move, doing decent damage to Dragapult as well as Hippowdon.

Vs. Dragapult: 252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 164 HP / 92 SpD Conkeldurr: 172-204 (85.5 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after burn damage
100+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 170-202 (104.2 - 123.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Vs. Dynamaxed or Wacan Gyarados:
+1 252 Atk Gyarados Max Airstream vs. 64 HP / 148 Def Dynamaxed Conkeldurr: 146-174 (72.6 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after burn damage

Always gives two extra turns of Burn allowing you to mach punch later on in the game.

100+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 164-196 (96.4 - 115.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

100+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Max Lightning vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Wacan Berry Dynamaxed Gyarados: 132-156 (77.6 - 91.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

This guarantees the OHKO with Conkeldurr as long as it is burned, even if Gyarados has a Wacan Berry whilst Dynamaxed if you set up lead rocks with Excadrill.

Vs. Excadrill:

+2 252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 164 HP / 148 Def Conkeldurr: 172-204 (85.5 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after burn damage

Code:
Whimsicott @ Occa Berry / ( Leftovers / Mental Herb )
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Cotton Guard
- Substitute
- Protect
Whimsicott is kind of a silly set, but works surprisingly effectively in matchups without Ferrothorn or Grimmsnarl. This may change in future, especially as more dragapults take infiltrator over clear body and there are more uses of Taunt. Obviously this pokemon gets completely shut down by Taunt, but it is quite hard to run Taunt on more offensive mons like Gyarados when you sacrifice a lot of sweeping potential. This pokemons main purpose is literally just to sit there and substitute out opposing Dynamax, trick room, rain or sand in matchups where opponent has win conditions that are really annoying to deal with. Cotton Guard allows it to better check Physical Dragapult and other physical attackers in the tier. Pokemon that can sometimes cause trouble but are more niche like Haxorus, Cramorant, Conkeldurr, Corsola-Galar on offence and Dracozolt hate this pokemon. Once a pokemon that is Whimsicott food comes in, Substitute happens and then behold as it leech stalls your entire team. Leech seed, sub and protect are pretty standard. Cotton Guard is actually used to be able to substitute stall certain dynamax attackers such as gyarados and physical dragapult as prankster cotton guard will allow living of any hit. Occa Berry allows you to any hit from special Dragapult, allowing you to sub stall it if it is not infiltrator. Leftovers and mental herb are viable alternatives to Occa Berry.

Vs. Gyarados: 252 Atk Gyarados Max Airstream vs. +3 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 68-84 (40.7 - 50.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

This allows you to Leech Seed and sub stall. Even at +1 you always get substitute as long as you have already cotton guarded so you can seed and then sub. Other sweepers like Barraskewda, Dracovish are far easier to deal with as they struggle to hit you hard.

Vs. Dragapult:

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Occa Berry Whimsicott: 98-116 (58.6 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Occa Berry Whimsicott: 108-128 (64.6 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Allowing to get off substitute after seeds.

Vs. Hydreigon:

252 SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Occa Berry Whimsicott: 114-135 (68.2 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Scarf Damage is even better for Whimsicott.

Vs. Mimikyu:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Max Phantasm vs. +3 252 HP / 252 Def Whimsicott: 87-105 (52 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You can sub leech seed this pokemon if needed. Keep in mind that because of the spread, Mimikyu's shadow sneak will be faster than prankster Sub but sub + protect should always win you this matchup by wearing Mimi down.

Team Selection:

I'm going to keep this very brief, in most matchups you want to bring 3/4 of the following:

These generally will cover the majority of matchups and are solid. The lead choice is flexible but generally you want to lead Excadrill or Dragapult with Mimikyu/Excadrill lead if the opponent has a grimmsnarl. Rotom-Heat can be a decent lead vs. Balance/Stall type builds. Aim to chip stuff down so that one of Mimikyu/Dragapult can win. Use Rotom-H to get these pokemon in as much as possible on advantageous matchups and use their power. Generally you always want to be trading with your opponent, you don't have good natural switchins. The key to playing well is to never give your opponent momentum for free and fire off hits to weaken your opponent.

When you are struggling conventionally based off team preview, use one of these two pokemon as well. I dont think both of these are good together, but they can be good in certain situations. Whimsicott is great when there is no grass type and no Grimmsnarl. Conkeldurr can be good vs. weak but fat teams or Hyper offence, bulky offence it is generally less useful, but just be sure to deal with opposing ghost types when bringing Conkeldurr and have a plan for Mimikyu.

A very solid team! looking forward to any updates on this team

I’ve been having good fun with this team. I think their could be a couple edits here and there but overall, it’s been working well

:Cinderace: :Grimmsnarl: :Appletun: :Gengar: :Quagsire: :Gyarados:

:Cinderace:
Cinderace @ Choice Band
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt

Cinderace is a strong wall breaker, especially with the assistance of Choice Band. He easily OHKOs big threats such as Tyranitar, Hydreigon and Ferrothorn. With its signature move, Pyro Ball, it can leave serious dents in opponents Pokemon, even those who resist it like Toxapex and Tyranitar. Dynamax is used with Cinderace a lot to free it from Choice Band in case it’s stuck in a move it doesn’t want to use. Zen headbutt had good coverage for Pokemon like Toxapex. Iron head covers common Fairy type like Mimikyu, Grimmsnarl and Togekiss, while also boosting defence when dynamaxed. High jump kick has many uses for Pokemon like Tyranitar, Hydreigon, Rotom-Wash and the rare Duraludon.

:Grimmsnarl:
Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
Impish Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Foul Play
- Spirit Break

Grimmsnarl is a really good counter to some meta game staples like Dragapult and Hydreigon, while also being a great screen user, due to its prankster ability. Screens support the team very well, allowing Cinderace to survive an Icicle crash from Choice Scarf Darmanitan, helping Gyarados to set up his Dragon Dances safely, while also giving added bulk to Quagsire and Appletun on their weaker defensive side. Spirit break is a great tool for certain strong special attackers, while also being a good STAB move. I run Foul Play over Darkest Lariat or Thunder wave as Foul Play has serious kill potential on Physical threats like Dragapult and Mimikyu, especially with Grimmsnarls naturally high attack stat. Gyarados, Cinderace and Gengar really don’t need Thunder wave support. The only Pokemon I could see Thunder wave being good against is Dragapult but Foul Play should already be able to OHKO him. Grimmsnarl is usually my go to lead Pokemon, because screens are so crucial for some of the other Pokemon on the team.

:Appletun:
Appletun @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Recover
- Apple Acid
- Dragon Pulse

Appletun checks some strong meta Pokemon like Excadrill, Tyranitar, Dracozolt and Dracovish, but it’s main purpose is to scare off the ever so common Rotom-Wash lead. Appletun resists both of Rotom-wash’s STABs, making him a good counter. Most Rotoms go for volt switch first turn, allowing Appletun to set up leech seed very easily on whatever gets swapped, giving you good source of healing for other Pokemon. Some Rotoms do run Trick, which is a problem sometimes, but getting leech seed up can force a switch, allowing you to switch also. Appletun is able to last a long time in certain matchups, using leftovers, leech seed and sometimes grassy terrain after dynamaxing to keep himself alive. His hidden ability Thick fat is a great defensive ability, giving him a 2x weakness to Ice instead of a 4x weakness. Investing in special defence was important to cover Pokemon such as the aforementioned Rotom-Wash, Special Dragapult and Duraludon. Appletun is usually one of the lesser used Pokemon, but can be very useful against certain meta Pokemon.

:Gengar:
Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond

Gengar is a just a strong special wallbreaker, which was something the team was lacking for a while. Destiny Bond is kind of a Gengar staple at this point, so people do see it coming. Sometimes this can force the opponent to do reckless things, so you can easily make advantage of those times. Shadow Ball and Sludge wave are two powerful STABs while Thunderbolt is used to counter Pokemon such as Gyarados and Corviknight. Focus blast can also be run but High jump kick in Cinderace is enough fighting type coverage for the team. Gengar does good against most common meta Pokemon, but can be checked by Pokemon with multi hit moves such as Physical Dragapult and Cloyster, but Gengar still has good potential to OHKO both of them too.

:Quagsire:
Quagsire @ Lum Berry
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover

Yes, I’m running a Quagsire. Quagsire is , in my opinion, one of the most underrated Pokemon in the meta. With the introduction of Dynamaxing, Pokemon are easily able to set up using Max-Knuckle, Max-Ooze or Max-Steelspike. As well as that, most of the scariest threats in the meta use Stat-Boosting moves to sweep, such as Mimikyu, Gyarados, Corviknight and Physical Dragapult. Quagsires ability , Unaware, completely negates all stat-boosts, meaning most can’t leave a scratch on him. Toxic is used to stall out turns as Quagsire isn’t well known for his killer attacking stats. I’m running Scald and Earthquake for chIp damage, while scald is used to fish for a burn on offensive threat. Recover is obviously a must have for reliable recovery. I would obviously run Leftovers on this thing, but Appletun needs it more, so I use a lum berry instead in case of a Toxic from Toxapex or Will-O-Wisp from Corsola. Quagsire has good matchups against overly passive Pokemon like Corsola, since they can’t really do much to him, while he can stall using Toxic. He is kinda niche, and his big weakness to Ferrothorn and the odd Wood Hammer from a Mimikyu might be bad, but he has put in a lot of work for me with this team. He’s still able to hold up to all these super powerful Pokemon, despite having the same base stat total as a Pikachu.

:Gyarados:
Gyarados @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance

Gyarados is one of the best Pokemon in the meta and probably the best Dynamax user in the entire game. Gyarados’s sweep potential is insane, using Dragon Dance, Moxie and Max-Airstream to boost his Attack and Speed to enormous heights. Gyarados has few counters, but those counters can hardly withstand his boosted Max- Airstreams and Max-Quakes. Their isn’t much more I can really say on Gyarados as he kinda speaks for himself. The only thing I could change in this move set is power whip over Earthquake but it’s really personal preference.

That’s the team. This is my first time posting anything like this so I hope I don’t sound too basic. Enjoy.

https://pokepast.es/c4bb622d600c798b

:excadrill: :dragapult: :polteageist: :tyranitar: :toxapex: :rotom-heat:

https://pokepast.es/09c8378318a46c01

Been struggling a lot learning to play 3v3 and trying my way up the in-game ranked ladder. Just bred a TTar and I'm gonna try this team from now on, was using a variant with Hippowdon instead of TTar. I'm gonna test it and if it's good I'll edit this with the rental code. I went Mold Breaker on Exca so I can easily defeat Mimikyu, Rotom forms and Hydreigon.

I'm open to suggestions on how I can make this team better.

EDIT: Here is the rental code:
IMG_20191203_203736.jpg

Last edited:

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
20191209_160558.jpg

Togekiss @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Super Luck
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dark Pulse

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Bullet Seed
- Leech Seed
- Curse

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
EVs: 244 HP / 244 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Brick Break
- Rock Tomb

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 44 Def / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt

WP Togekiss team made in a joint effort between me, kamikaze, nvakna, and another friend for Galar Beginnings. The basic idea is to use Grimmsnarl to help set up a sweep for Togekiss by setting screens and paralyzing faster threats if possible so that Togekiss can sweep with Max Airstream and Weakness Policy boosts. Super Luck is chosen over Serene Grace since Togekiss usually intends to sweep so the extra crit chance is more impactful than the extra flinch chance from Serene Grace since ideally you won't be in a scenario where flinching with Air Slash is the endgame play after Dynamax ends. Curse Ferrothorn is a common 3rd pick for this team to cover opposing bulky Pokemon to set up on them and break through endgame if Togekiss can't do it.

Focus Sash Excadrill does well against most things that give Togekiss trouble, namely Rotoms and opposing Excadrill and Tyranitar, Sand Rush is viable over Mold Breaker here if you prefer that though it makes Rotoms more annoying. Rotom-W helps with Corviknight who is a big annoyance for this team, Life Orb Dragapult helps similarly while not being locked into any specific coverage and also helps against Rotoms in general. The Defense EVs on Dragapult guarantee that it survives Jolly Scarf Darmanitan Icicle Crash while Dynamaxed in the event of a lead scenario. Obviously Life Orb recoil makes this difficult later in a match but chances are you won't be full health in those scenarios regardless. Speed on Grimmsnarl is just Speed creep in mirrors since Play Rough can OHKO other Grimmsnarl if they aren't invested in Defense, or if they use something other than Reflect turn 1.

https://gall.dcinside.com/board/vie...144&s_type=search_subject&s_keyword=2위&page=1

This is a Korean team that reached #2 spot on BSS and stayed there for a while. It is based on the WP Dragapult with adamant nature and some defensive EV (the creator kind of says EVs aren't that mandatory since he kind of just went along with the spread, aside from 171 HP). Thought it was interesting since WP dragapult (physical) is considered arguably the most dominant dragapult set by the Koreans. They also tend to noticeably prefer physical and physically-oriented mixed sets (i.e. native with as252) over special, which they don't particularly seem to like much. I could translate it if need be but I think google translate would do a decent job for those that want to have a general sense of how the team works.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Outdated - Will Post another 1 Later (Don't use this guys arcanine sucks)

Importable:
https://pokepast.es/3af603d5ab2de8c6
Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough

Dragapult @ Weakness Policy
Jolly Nature
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Darts
- U-turn
- Fly

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 25 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Discharge
- Shadow Ball
- Hydro Pump

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Bullet Seed
- Body Press

Arcanine @ Charcoal
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge
- Extreme Speed

My initial Master Ball rank team. A lot of questionable decisions in teambuilding here like being too lazy to get complex ev spreads or use egg moves on Ferrothorn -> I guess I'll just use CB. In spite of all that, the team works thanks to Mimikyu, Dragapult, and Rotom-W. A fun play pattern was early U-turn on Dragapult almost always made my opponents assume Scarf Dragapult, which meant fun things when I dynamax and activate my Weakness Policy on Dragapult. I'll be sure to follow up this post with a more tryhard team, and a more in-depth team review!

Last edited:
Cinderace @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
Adamant Nature
- Pyro Ball
- Sucker Punch
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn

Dragapult @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 54 Def / 12 SpD / 130 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Sucker Punch
- Steel Wing

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast

Cinderace:
People in Gall (Short for gallery, the Korean forum) say cinderace will be overpowered once libero is released. However, I believe the current cinderace is good. Cinderace reminds me of blaziken so I like it. I decided to use adamant because I felt like jolly lacked the necessary firepower.

Dragapult:
This is the popular weakness policy dragapult. EV spread assures to outspeed pokemons with 110 base speed. HP was set with 171 EV then the rest of the EV were distributed as I felt like it. In most dragapult mirror matches, my dragapult goes second after activating the effect of weakness policy. Hence, I often win the dragapult mirror matches.

Rotom-Wash:
Rotom-W is very versatile. It matches well against current major (meta or top tier pokemons) pokemons, such as togekiss, durant, etc. Will-o-Wisp's ability to cripple physical pokemons is broken.

Mimikyu:
No words are necessary. You pick mimikyu when you aren't sure who else to use. Mimikyu sweep is difficult to achieve nowadays due to how well prepared most teams are for mimikyu. However, mimikyu is difficult to stop when opposing teams aren't well prepared for it.

Ferrothorn:
I think ferrothorn is somewhat like the tanky version of mimikyu. Most teams are well prepared for ferrothorn but will have difficulty stopping a ferrothorn if not.

Hydreigon:
I used to use modest-natured hydreigon with enough EV to outspeed pokemons with 81 speed. However, I decided to go max-speed hydreigon due to frequent mirror matches and mimikyu. Unfortunately, I rare use hydreigon. I initially wanted to use hydreigon as a mean to fight off ferrothorn, toxapex, and corsola. However, alcremie and sylveon are too common nowadays for hydreigon to be picked.

Important note: Pick and lead with dragapult.
Link to the OP: https://gall.dcinside.com/board/vie...144&s_type=search_subject&s_keyword=2위&page=1

edit: The team went through a minor revision with the replacement of hydreigon with Togekiss as the ranker stated hydreigon isn't very good (his words). He then went on to achieve rank #1.

Last edited:
Here's the BO team I'm brewing up, could use some workshopping/feedback while I'm still building it on cartridge (once I get this nailed down I can provide the rental code):

:mimikyu: :corviknight: :rotom-heat: :tyranitar: :toxapex: :dracovish:

https://pokepast.es/69320b11d5d2a4c3

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Iron Head
- Body Press
- Roost

Rotom-Heat @ Sitrus Berry
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt

Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch
- Low Kick

Here's my line of thinking with these mons. Unfortunately no rental code since I'm still working on breeding some of these guys in game:

Mimikyu - if you don't have a check for it, you just kinda lose. Sweeps past tons of bulk, which is what you end up facing as you ladder up.

Corviknight - Iron Defense/Body Press set. This set hard checks Mimikyu, physical Pults, Gyarados, Excadrill. If it's physical, it's getting hard walled here, because Iron Defense is nuts. I went with these natures and EV spreads to hit the following benchmarks:
-252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Fire Blast vs. 232 HP / 164 SpD Corviknight: 286-338 (72.4 - 85.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. If I guess wrong on the Dragapult set and eat the worst case scenario...I want to be able to survive getting 1-shot after rocks.
-0 Atk Corviknight Body Press vs. 224 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 192-228 (48.3 - 57.4%) -- 90.2% chance to 2HKO. I'm assuming with one Iron Defense it will 100% chance to 2HKO Tyranitar because the damage calc doesn't account for it.

Oven - I went with more of a special attacker set with Will-o-Wisp support to maintain adequate coverage across Gyarados, Corviknights, Ferrothorns, and the like.

Tyranitar - Weakness Policy set. Nothing crazy. Tanks hits like a champ and with Weakness Policy goes bonkers. Checks physical Pults as well as a huge amount of SpA sweepers in the meta.

Toxapex - It do what it do. Went with Calm and +Def IVs to help it be a more of a mixed wall.

Dracovish - Normal Vish stuff. If they don't have Seismitoad or Jellicent...they kinda lose. I am contemplating running Super Fang and Expert Belt instead of Crunch and Choice Band for oddball tech and disguising, but I'm not sure. I'm using the Band set because you still 2HKO Ferros with it, which is just silly.

I don't think I'm forgetting any key threats to check, but you never know.

Last edited:
Hi! I haven't really played a lot of 3v3 singles since the Johto Classic, but I wanted to try the online a bit and I ended up getting to Max rank with this team a few days ago. That's not very hard to do if you've got some prior knowledge of competitive pokemon stuff, but I wanted to share the team I used still for a few reasons:

1. I's a very proactive team where you care more about your own gameplan then your opponents. I think that's a very good thing for a team to have climbing out of lower ladder ranks to avoid janky surprises. The proactiveness also means it's very easy to pilot and a great beginner's team; the climb was a good way to get familiar with the format.
  2. It's got a few cool Pokemon on it I think deserve to be explored a bit more. It made me go from thinking Toxtricity was some mediocre pokemon with unfortunate stat distribution to loving it.
  3. ...It seemed really fun? The big bad lead of this team seemed to send people into a weird panic mode and slaughtering things under screens felt really satisfying. Hopefully it's not just me!

Rental Team:
EMCcjr7UEAAWmd0.jpg

Showdown Exportable: https://pokepast.es/89bd80b80a87d6c0

Duraludon @ Light Clay
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 204 HP / 52 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Steel Beam
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail
- Dragon Dance

Toxtricity @ Throat Spray
Ability: Punk Rock
Modest Nature
- Overdrive
- Boomburst
- Snarl
- Shift Gear

Hawlucha @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Zen Headbutt
- Swords Dance

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Liquidation
- Shell Smash

Using the Team:

It's hyper offensive dual screens. That one in game rental team with a Duraludon got me thinking about trying Duraludon as a dual screen lead vs actual players and it works well. Steel Beam is such an amazing move for getting things in, I love love love it now. Set up Screens and rocks, Steel Beam until you die, then bring out a sweeper and rip things apart. If that doesn't work, use your other sweeper that's hard to kill and let them finish things.

:duraludon:

You lead Duraludon. Out of all my games, he wasn't the lead only once due to time expiring. You get in there, set up one screen to protect yourself, then the other or rocks in whatever order, then Steel Beam into a safe switch in. He's great. People's first reaction to him never seems to be "oh, he's dual screen", so you're usually getting a surprise out of them and that usually means more set up turns. Go try out this pokemon with more cool HO stuff.

:Haxorus: :Toxtricity: :Hawlucha:
Next up is the big bad breaking Pokemon. If you're fighting a slower team with stuff like Corviknight and Toxapex, go Toxtricity. If they've got stuff like Hippowdon and Galar Corsola, go Haxorus (Steel Beam doing ~40% into DD is back breaking for these two).. Both of them do well versus balance, though avoid Toxtricity if they're packing Excadrill. Hawlucha is mostly there for very squishy teams where you don't need a ballista to get through (He's probably the weakest team member since the last two do that anyway. Worth replacing with more anti-excadrill technology).

:Mimikyu: :Cloyster:
Mimikyu and Cloyster do what the others boosting attackers do, but with built in insurance policies thanks to disguise and focus sash respectively. They usually clean up after your other set up monster goes wild. Be sure to tag along one of these just to avoid a dynamaxed Pokemon plowing through you.

Hope the team is fun! Let me know if you use it for a bit, I always love to hear about people trying out something of mine. Feel free to suggest tweaks as you'd like. It's probably not as good higher up since games slow down a bit, but I might take it on a deeper run later on since it was so much fun.

Last edited:

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
1577446355074.jpg

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Curse
- Gyro Ball
- Bullet Seed
- Leech Seed

Dragapult @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt

Hatterene @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire
- Trick Room

Gyarados @ Wacan Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Power Whip

Snorlax @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Brave Nature
- Yawn
- Double-Edge
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Rotom-Heat @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Discharge
My Master Ball rank team. It is based around Hatterene which isn't common but definitely is effective. I chose Curse Ferrothorn and Snorlax as Hatterene's Trick Room abusers. They work decently outside of Trick Room too thanks to their impressive bulk. Choice Scarf Dragapult, Gyarados, and Rotom-H are my non-TR modes which do a great job in handling a lot of various stuff and winning games.

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
Butterfree Tailwind Offense
Paste: https://pokepast.es/60b09e71b89f8c08

Fun little Tailwind team I made centered around Whimsicott and its incredible ability to support hyper offensive shells. Whimsicott is the classic Tailwind / Memento / Moonblast / Taunt Sash set, with two main abusers in pseudo-Vivillon Butterfree and Banded Dracovish.
Outside of those two, the team has AV Mold Breaker Excadrill to improve the matchup vs Rotom Forms, and with Rock Tomb it can serve as another enabler for Butterfree.
The last two slots are Timid Specs Hydreigon and Life Orb Arcanine, which gives the team important coverage as well as decent damage output/speed tiers that don't require Tailwind to be up the entire time (but can still benefit from it peripherally should it be up).

A Problematic Bunch

:Grimmsnarl: :Gyarados: :Mimikyu: :Dracovish: :Dragapult: :Sylveon:

Pokepaste
Rental Code (Goes to a Twitter Post)

Ok so I’m just going to start off saying, this was definitely not my ideal team, but it was something that got me from Rank 0 to 11 decently fast (34 Games 23-11). So I figured I should at least give out the code even if it has its issues.

:Grimmsnarl:
Very obvious, sets screens, can lower opponent’s Special attackers damage output if they’re not wary or if they’re unlucky. Thunder Wave over Taunt because I had more run ins with problematic leads that didn’t need to use a status move. Also, over Trick with Lagging Tail because I had almost no issues with not being able to paralyze things.

:Gyarados:
Honestly I should rename this to Greed, this is my super greedy set up with Moxie, DD, Substitute, and STAB Attacks. This does lead to slight snowball situations and also skews certain matchups in Gyarados’s favor, such as Corsola-G (with no Haze). Honestly, be careful using this because it can backfire pretty badly with the lack of coverage.

:Mimikyu:
Dmax Revenge Killer, can set up fairly easily on a multitude of Pokemon, and it’s good at covering a lot of odd matchups that you may not see very often. Very simple and clear cut.

:Dracovish:
Scarf Jolly for maximum speed with Fishious Rend is my standard Vish. Coverage being Low Kick for certain Ferrothorns (Max Knuckle saved me like two games), Psychic Fang for Screens if needed, and Crunch for some more coverage (although Leech Life could be a better choice here).

:Dragapult:
My catch all Specs build, actually isn’t this what the normal Specs build looks like now? My thought process was simple for this: Gyarados -> Thunderbolt, Ferrothorn -> Fire Blast, STAB + Stronger STAB. On the bright side, it also covers most variants of Corviknight as well. Just let it be known, this is a pretty weak Dmax, it’s just got good coverage (kinda like Vish actually).

:Sylveon:
Ok honestly I have issues with this. Someone gave me this all ready, but my main issues with this are: A. HP isn’t the right number for Substitute (it should be one higher pretty sure) B. Even with that in mind, I wish it was Yawn or Wish or something else instead of Subsitute. I don’t even really need Mystical Fire most of the time. Other than those issues, Quiet Nature with barely any Speed EVs means this will be pretty slow, but you weren’t looking to outspeed anyways and it hits slightly harder with Quick Attack. Really good at what it needs to hit, so this is probably the least splashable member on the team.

In terms of what you’ll most likely be using
Almost every game: :Mimikyu:
Depends on what you think their lead and 3 will be: :Grimmsnarl:
Matchup Dependent: :Dracovish: :Dragapult: :Gyarados:
Against slower and bulkier or Fairy weak teams: :Sylveon:

Some suggestions to make this easier, if you’re going to run this on Showdown:
Less greed on Gyarados with EQ in place of Substitute and perhaps Intimidate over Moxie
Yawn or Wish over Substitute on Sylveon or maybe just replace Sylveon with Togekiss
Leech Life over Crunch can be a thing on Dracovish, but that’s a little thing.

Pokemon that may give you trouble:
:Duraludon:
Watch out for this, I have no idea how I get past this, but I had to fight quite a few of them to get into Master Ball, quite possibly the hardest matchup. Grimmsnarl has the best matchup ironically, Light Screen and Thunder Wave while Spirit Break keeps lowering its Special Attack can make it fall, try and kill with Vish or Mimikyu as a backup, and Gyarados Substitute stall the Dmax for the last resort.
:Togekiss:
Definitely a lot better ways to stop this, as it isn’t as strong into the team, but Grimmsnarl is almost required to stop this with this composition most of the time with a combination of Spirit Break, Light Screen, and Thunder Wave on non Lum builds.
:Whimsicott::Alcremie:
Please no.

Last edited:

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion

With the new Timer rules I compiled a full shiny team that tries to timer stall the opponent as a win condition. I was restricted with what I had available on cartridge but the team has a bunch of bulky Pokemon with recovery and timer stalling options. I think I am better off with Yawn on Gastrodon as well - the sleep or the Volt Switch generally gives me a safe switch into all-out attacking Dragapult (that is just a set i had on cartridge, maybe Weakness Policy is a superior item choice). Dragapult is your main offensive tool and if you get a clean double or a safe switch in, you will score a KO - which you can just timer your way to victory. Toxapex and Sylveon has Protect first slot so u can fully run out the timer by not clicking a move. Corviknight and Toxapex are physically defensive, and Sylveon is specially defensive. Draga - Rotom - Corvi - Sylv actually deals decent damage and should be your main offensive mode.

This is very much a team in progress. I would love to hear more efficient sets, or Pokemon swaps (I have Umbreon, Quagsire, Mimikyu as notable Defensive Pokemon). I am willing to (and likely will, if enough people are interested) use most of my 6 rental team slots for different variants of this team depending on who prefers what. Obviously not everyone has access to these shinies so I'd love to share this to anyone who's interested in trying but doesn't have the tools to optimize it.

Have fun! (because your opponent won't)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
EDIT: this code is no longer available. A new variation is available with 0000 0005 83R4 WF
Screenshot_29.png

This is my favourite laddering team so far. Torkoal is standard Yawns + Rocks, but can "U-turn" out to sweepers with Eject Pack Overheat. Charizard is insane with sun support, being able to go for Airstreams off the rip makes a massive difference for it. Been considering swapping Dragon Pulse for Work Up since I never click DP and having a Max Guard option would be great.

Haxorus and Toxtricity are alternative sweepers that like yawn+rocks chip, Toxtricity and Rhyperior are anti-Togekiss options and Corsola helps against Excadrill. Might swap Haze on Corsola for rocks or Mirror Coat. I've actually tested Calm Mind + Hex over Haze + Night Shade and really liked it but thought it might have been a little too janky to post on the 'official' team lol.

You pretty much lead Torkoal every game, with a sweeper or two in the back that matches up well. Should be pretty easy for newer players to pick up!

Last edited:
swshbatonpass.jpg

EDIT: Team ID 0000 0006 6CG8 50

Hoo boy, I haven't posted on Smogon in years. I wanted to share this Baton Pass team, which has gotten me into Master Ball rank twice where my other teams failed.

:ninjask:
Ninjask (F) @ Ganlon Berry
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leech Life
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

The classic passer. The EVs can survive a +2 Jolly Mimikyu Shadow Claw, although Mimikyu leads are uncommon. 140 Speed EVs outspeeds the next fastest non-scarfer (Accelgor) but I've contemplated just switching to 252 Speed since it beats out Scarf Excadrill and Rotom. This is my preferred lead if I want to bring in Dracovish or Rhyperior.

:rhyperior:
Rhyperior (F) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Superpower
- Thunder Punch

I recently replaced WP Aegislash with this one because of the team's brutal Fire weakness, which almost every team carries. Most notably, Rhyperior doesn't get completely shut down by Dynamaxed Togekiss. Haven't had the opportunity to use Rhyperior much on cart but it's performed better than Aegi on Showdown. 172 Speed outpaces Mimikyu after +2 pass.

:leafeon:
Leafeon (M) @ Occa Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 68 HP / 188 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

This mostly scares away Water-types in the team select but otherwise has contributed the least for obvious reasons. Regardless, Bullet Seed can break Disguise (as you can see there is a theme of hating :mimikyu: here).

:dubwool:
Dubwool (F) @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Agility
- Cotton Guard
- Body Press

Now we're getting to the good stuff. Dubwool is a kickass passer for the physical-heavy meta. It can easily handle Tyranitar and Excadrill, which its main partner Centiskorch otherwise struggles with. After an Agility, Dubwool outspeeds scarfed G-Darm and easily survives two Icicle Crashes with a Cotton Guard (provided no flinch).

:centiskorch:
Centiskorch (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Lash
- Leech Life
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

This is the MVP of my team. Dubwool is its partner in crime, as Centiskorch benefits hugely from the +3 Defense and +2 Speed from passing, then stomps almost everything with Dynamax. Additionally, Dubwool's Fluffy attracts Fire-type moves, and I can just switch out for this. Fire Lash's Defense debuff can make Centiskorch scary on its own in a pinch. Again, my baseline Speed target is scarf G-Darm, which requires a Jolly nature and heavy Speed investment. Without the Speed passes, the EVs still come in handy for slower uninvested mons like Milotic. The type coverage is nasty, and I've only really struggled with Rotom-H, who doesn't hit very hard back anyway with the AV.

:dracovish:
Dracovish @ Life Orb
Ability: Strong Jaw
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

Mr. Fish with any passed boosts? Better say thanks

Last edited:

This is my favourite laddering team so far. Torkoal is standard Yawns + Rocks, but can "U-turn" out to sweepers with Eject Pack Overheat. Charizard is insane with sun support, being able to go for Airstreams off the rip makes a massive difference for it. Been considering swapping Dragon Pulse for Work Up since I never click DP and having a Max Guard option would be great.

Haxorus and Toxtricity are alternative sweepers that like yawn+rocks chip, Toxtricity and Rhyperior are anti-Togekiss options and Corsola helps against Excadrill. Might swap Haze on Corsola for rocks or Mirror Coat. I've actually tested Calm Mind + Hex over Haze + Night Shade and really liked it but thought it might have been a little too janky to post on the 'official' team lol.

You pretty much lead Torkoal every game, with a sweeper or two in the back that matches up well. Should be pretty easy for newer players to pick up!
Great team! Can I ask what EV spreads and natures you're running? Timid or modest for Charizard? Do you run any speed investments on Torkoal or Rhyperior? Also why run Horn Drill? For a last ditch attempt at winning? Wouldn't something like crunch be better?

cant say edit: they’re all basic spreads

zard, timid 252 SpA Spe
torkoal, relaxed 252 HP def
haxorus, jolly 252 atk spe
toxtricity, timid, 252 SpA, faster than cloyster iirc. rest in HP. you can figure it out by viewing the rental in game.
rhyperior, adamant 252 Atk SpD
corsola, bold 252 HP def

neither torkoal or rhyperior want speed, they need bulk. horn drill is for stall cores, and max strike lowering speed is pretty clutch. thinking of swapping it for iron head though

FB_IMG_1579777524598.jpg

https://pokepast.es/65db9bae6b116b97

Broke the top 1000 with this team which is my main one atm.
Usually you lead with Hydre depending on the opponents composition. If the opponent has a core where a potential Exca will lead you always go for Hydre.
The team struggles or used to struggle with Toge and Sylveon but the addition of Coalossal made things much better. Gyarados or Mimikyu always as the 3rd slot as the sweepers.
Conk sometimes is used also as a lead against sand teams which he does quite well. Bulk up for an additional boost and the ability to max guard in dynamax form. Did way better for me than Ice Punch.

My goal is breaking the top 200 with it which I can see doing considering I have done very well the last 20 matches after Coal was added.

Most common trios :
1. Hydre/Coal/Gyara
2. Dura/Coal/Gyara
3. Dura/Conk/Mimikyu

Attachments

Last edited:
With Season 2 coming to a close, below is a team I made with some input from 1TP. I’ve already shared this with some friends and they’ve enjoyed climbing with it, so here it is:

6B2D56DB-E96B-4D19-B38D-A4D57A41D581.jpeg

Taunt Gyarados has been a boon for me this season, what with Yawn being thrown around everywhere alongside the increase in defensive mons being used. WP Dragapult is of the Japanese variety (https://pokesol.com/unit/dragapult2-swsh) with Fire Blast in place to better deal with things like Ferro and Corviknight. AV Toxtricity checks most things that you’d use AV Rotom for, while also being able to deal with Mimikyu and Dragapult with the Nuzzle + Hex combo. Nuzzle gives great speed control and lets this particular Toxtricity outspeed up to a neutral Shell Smashed Cloyster and below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)