NFL Quarantine Thread: 2020-2021 Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit cam just cooked the Seahawks throwing to garbagemen and Julian Edelman.

That was better than any game Brady played all of last year.

Idk how the league let him get to the pats
Simple. Quarterback market demand is low right now. A good portion of starting quarterbacks in the league still have QBs on rookie contracts and aren't looking for another QB. Those who are can't quite afford the up-front price tag Cam was initially valued at.

Everyone thought Cam was washed because of injuries. Now the rest of the league will have to pay the price for thinking that.

Simple. Quarterback market demand is low right now. A good portion of starting quarterbacks in the league still have QBs on rookie contracts and aren't looking for another QB. Those who are can't quite afford the up-front price tag Cam was initially valued at.

Everyone thought Cam was washed because of injuries. Now the rest of the league will have to pay the price for thinking that.
Joe Burrow CIN
Josh Allen BUF
Sam Darnold NYJ
Daniel Jones NYG
Deshaun Watson HOU
Patrick Mahomes KC
Lamar Jackson BAL
Baker Mayfield CLE
Mitch Trubisky CHI
Kyler Murray ARI
Dwayne Haskins WSH
Drew Lock DEN
Gardner Minshew JAX
Holy shit dude this is 40% of the league not even mentioning teams like the Dolphins, Chargers, and Colts who are starting vets with a long term replacement in mind (Yes I believe Jacob Eason CAN be a viable starting QB sue me)
I didn't even realize this until I listed all those names. It's actually kind of incredible that New England took a flyer on Cam given that the easier option would've been to start Jarett Stidham and tank for a promising college QB
EDIT: Watson and Mahomes have signed long term extensions but they don't kick in yet

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
Another solid win for the Ravens. Kinda feel bad for Watson, as the Texans just are a step below the best teams in the AFC. Anyways, next monday night should be a fun one!

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Heartbreaking loss coming down to the wire, but there were a lot of plays all over the field the Pats could've done better on (particularly on defense).

I don't know if I've mentioned it before but I am so excited by this Patriots team and am stoked to see what they can do.

Joe Burrow CIN
Josh Allen BUF
Sam Darnold NYJ
Daniel Jones NYG
Deshaun Watson HOU
Patrick Mahomes KC
Lamar Jackson BAL
Baker Mayfield CLE
Mitch Trubisky CHI
Kyler Murray ARI
Dwayne Haskins WSH
Drew Lock DEN
Gardner Minshew JAX
Holy shit dude this is 40% of the league not even mentioning teams like the Dolphins, Chargers, and Colts who are starting vets with a long term replacement in mind (Yes I believe Jacob Eason CAN be a viable starting QB sue me)
I didn't even realize this until I listed all those names. It's actually kind of incredible that New England took a flyer on Cam given that the easier option would've been to start Jarett Stidham and tank for a promising college QB
EDIT: Watson and Mahomes have signed long term extensions but they don't kick in yet
Cam to the Pats honestly was the smartest decision here for a number of reasons. First, Cam missed the rush of QB roster shuffles during the off-season, so a lot of needed vacancies at QB (Colts, TB, etc.) were already filled at that point. Furthermore, a QB's price tag drops further as a function of time before NFL kickoff because of the time needed to learn and execute an offense.

Pats ended up in a fortuitious situation where they have a rookie QB that isn't necessarily start-ready and have Cam Newton on a discount price tag in the free agent market.

Patriots need another starting caliber wideout, a better, non-Sony Michel running back, and an actual TE before I can take them seriously as a contender in the AFC.

Cam looks like the Lazer-armed battletank that he was a few years ago, but he can't be asked to compete with teams like the Ravens and Chiefs who have far far far superior skill position players.

But the Patriots Oline is very good and Cam can clearly beat teams from the pocket, so he'll have time to throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)