Pokémon GO

Just saying, max level Vulpix would have Fire Blast...

So:-

1. Yes, Alolan Vulpix can get Flamethrower and Fire Blast through this, and it seems Galarian Farfetch'd can use this to get False Swipe. We live in incredible times.
2. This seems to be a glitch exclusive to Gen 1 forms as it's a result of pulling from LGPE movesets -- for instance, transferred Galarian Darumaka have gotten their correct movesets. Why are they pulling from LGPE movesets even when the Pokémon is in SwSh and why would this even cause the issue when Alolan Forms are in LGPE anyway? Good friggin' questions.

So if you want to transfer a Pokémon from GO into SwSh, you must have previously gotten that Pokémon in SwSh.

What?

I played since day 1, and I'm level 40 since ... 1 year ? The most important part is the bonus friendship with lucky eggs, it really helps.
I already managed to send Meltan/Melmetan via Let's GO then via Home to SwSh.

I have a living Pokedex in Pokemon Home, so I don't see any interest at the moment to send some GO Pkmn to Home exactly ? (Except for the G-Max Melmetan)
Can you send Home Pokemon to GO ? Especially some ****ing regionals ?

Last edited:
I played since day 1, and I'm level 40 since ... 1 year ? The most important part is the bonus friendship with lucky eggs, it really helps.
I already managed to send Meltan/Melmetan via Let's GO then via Home to SwSh.

I have a living Pokedex in Pokemon Home, so I don't see any interest at the moment to send some GO Pkmn to Home exactly ? (Except for the G-Max Melmetan)
Can you send Home Pokemon to GO ? Especially some ****ing regionals ?
Nope, it's one-way from Go to Home.

So for what I'm understanding, Pokemon transferred from GO to Home have the last 4 level up moves their species would know at that level(which can be anywhere from 1 to 40), taken from the level-up move list of the last game they appeared in. So from what I understand, not counting obvious glitches like the ones with regional forms:

-The 318 Pokemon currently found in both Sword and Shield and Pokemon GO use their Sword/Shield moveset
-The 34 Gen I Pokemon not found in GO but not Sword and Shield use their Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee moveset
-The 160 Gen II-V Pokemon found in GO but not found in Sword and Shield use their Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon moveset

Is that correct? For the numbers I purposely left out Pokemon that are currently in GO's coding but are unavailable(Kelcleon, Druddigon, Cursola, ect.)

I know that there are also some oddities:
-not even 24 hours ago Ditto was blocked from transfer, even though it works just fine with Let's Go's Go Park
-Spinda is blocked, because GO uses an entirely different pattern system than what is used in the main series

Shadow and costume Pokemon being blocked was a forgone conclusion, IMO.

Last edited:
I didn't even know Kecleon wasn't in the game, wow. Poor thing. There anything else from pre-Gen 5 not currently in, Galarian Forms aside?

From what I understand, ALL Gen 1 Pokémon (plus Meltan and Melmetal) go off their LGPE moveset when transferred to Home, regardless of if they're in SwSh or not.

From what I understand, ALL Gen 1 Pokémon (plus Meltan and Melmetal) go off their LGPE moveset when transferred to Home, regardless of if they're in SwSh or not.
In that case, I'm guessing they can be put into Let's Go after they've been sent to Home from Go directly? I can't see any other reason why they would do that. I know Pokemon moved from Let's Go to Home can be put back into a Let's Go game as long as they never were put into Sword or Shield(similar to how Pokemon from Gen V through Poketransporter and Gen VI can still go back and forth through Gen VI games as long as the Pokemon are never put into a Gen VII game)

Last edited:
In that case, I'm guessing they can be put into Let's Go after they've been sent to Home from Go directly? I can't see any other reason why they would do that. I know Pokemon moved from Let's Go to Home can be put back into a Let's Go game as long as they never were put into Sword or Shield(similar to how Pokemon from Gen V through Poketransporter and Gen VI can still go back and forth through Gen VI games as long as the Pokemon are never put into a Gen VII game)
Transfer from Let’s Go to Home is one-way only if I recall correctly though.

I'm level 39 so I was able to start transferring yesterday. I transferred four shinies around 9 PM (using all of my energy), and today around I was able to transfer a 5th. Seems like the energy recharge rate is fine. Within a few weeks I'll be able to transfer everything, including mythicals for free.

I think the whining about the option to pay for faster energy increase is overblown. As with pretty much everything else in PoGo the F2P option is generous.

Last edited:
Its amusing to see my low CP shiny Sceptile is now level 8. Underlevelled FE starter, woo!

By the way? whats the correspondence between CP and level? I never know my pokemon level in PoGo because all they show is CP

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Its amusing to see my low CP shiny Sceptile is now level 8. Underlevelled FE starter, woo!

By the way? whats the correspondence between CP and level? I never know my pokemon level in PoGo because all they show is CP
Nothing. CP is a combination of the Pokemon's stats, which are determined by the base stats of the Pokémon in the main games, while level is its own separate thing - there are 82 levels internally, starting from level 0.5 going all the way to level 40, with levels 40.5 + 41 being reached with the best buddy bonus. In your storage, the highest a Pokémon can be level-wise is your trainer level + 2, with the cap increasing as you yourself level up.

This article covers it pretty in-depth if you want to know more.

As levels are not explicitly shown to the player, you need to either eyeball it and calculate it with a CP calculator (not that hard) or just use a screenshot app that determines your IVs. That should tell you the level.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
I didn't even know Kecleon wasn't in the game, wow. Poor thing. There anything else from pre-Gen 5 not currently in, Galarian Forms aside?

Just legends and mythicals (Shaymin, Phione, Manaphy, and Arceus).

Level 30+ for Home now.

There's also a limited time test to increase the trading range (live now) until Monday.
Trying to clear my decks as quickly as I can. I've accrued so many lucky friends this year! Sadly 10km isn't quite enough to reach them all.

Stumbled across this while trying to figure out my Pokemon Trainer Club login info.

Basically, Mega Energy required for mega evolution will decrease with increasing number of times you've mega evolved that Pokemon. Mega Energy obtainable from a Mega Raid have also increased. There'll soon be more ways, such as walking with your buddy, research tasks, and catching same-type Pokemon, to acquire Mega Energy.

Mega Changes to Mega Evolution in Pokémon GO

Learn about changes to Mega Energy requirements in Pokémon GO, and what Mega Evolution changes will soon take effect.

Since Pokémon GO launched the Mega Evolution feature in late August, Trainers have had the opportunity to collect Mega Energy by battling in Mega Raids. The ultimate goal, of course, is to give yourself an edge in Raids by Mega Evolving select Pokémon. However, certain aspects of Mega Evolution required some fine-tuning, so we've implemented a few changes to the process.

To begin with, Pokémon that have previously Mega Evolved now require less Mega Energy for subsequent Mega Evolutions. We've also increased the amount of Mega Energy that Trainers receive for successfully completing a Mega Raid. These changes should make it easier to continue Mega Evolving your Pokémon.

We'll be implementing additional changes soon, including new ways to earn Mega Energy outside of Raids. Soon, you'll be able to earn Mega Energy by walking with your buddy and by performing research tasks. Trainers will also receive bonus Candy when catching a Pokémon that is the same type as your Mega-Evolved Pokémon. In the meantime, keep earning that Mega Energy, keep Mega Evolving, and keep on being the best Pokémon Trainer you can be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)