All Gens Retro Cup of Pokemon 2021: Semifinals

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor
I have decided that the match between Canada and Argentina will be paused to allow for the situation regarding the decision granting Argentina the activity win over US Northeast to be properly reviewed. Please inform your players @ relevant parties steelskitty mc56556 Genesis7 Kristyl mixwell ziloXX
So you're telling me you are going to pause a series that already started (and where 2 games were played) just because some dude can't schedule like a proper human being? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL seems legit. Lovely tour

While we're spit balling ideas and making unprecedented decisions I'd like to put forward another option that I think solves the problem appropriately and fairly: both US Northeast and Argentina be given the loss in the quarterfinals and that Canada advance to finals automatically. Both teams failed to put effort into schedule, have behaved poorly and have mistreated the hosts. Neither US Northeast nor Argentina deserve to move on.

While we're spit balling ideas and making unprecedented decisions I'd like to put forward another option that I think solves the problem appropriately and fairly: both US Northeast and Argentina be given the loss in the quarterfinals and that Canada advance to finals automatically. Both teams failed to put effort into schedule, have behaved poorly and have mistreated the hosts. Neither US Northeast nor Argentina deserve to move on.
descarga.png

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
RE: Enzonana vs jonfilch

At the request of RoA leadership, Kris and I reviewed the situation surrounding Enzonana vs jonfilch.

As noted by Finchinator, Enzonana’s initial attempt to contact through tagging jonfilch in the RoA Team Tournaments server cannot be seen as a legitimate scheduling attempt. While it is fine if players do schedule outside of VMs and DMs, it sets a bad precedent for hosts to consider a ping in an unofficial Discord server as having the same weight as reaching out via VMs and DMs in an activity situation, especially if it was not marked as an approved scheduling method beforehand.

jonfilch posted on Enzonana’s wall on Saturday afternoon (EST), where they quickly found that they had conflicting availabilities through the deadline. After failed attempts by managers to find a time that worked for both players, the captain of Team Northeast PMed a host to ask for a double sub. The host responded late Saturday night to agree that a double sub should be called, and noted that he had already contacted Argentina about it. However, Team Argentina was not informed about the double sub until 6:02 AM GMT-5 on Sunday, about seven and a half hours later, and Team Northeast didn’t sub a player in until 9:40 AM GMT-5.

Lack of communication between players, managers, and host and significant delays in action on the last day of the round are the main reasons why this series was not completed. However, the blame is spread more or less evenly throughout all parties. Team Argentina does not have a substantial claim for activity.

We are recommending that the activity decision be overturned. Because part of the blame is to lie with the host, we recommend that jonfilch vs Enzonana be extended to Saturday 11:59 PM GMT-4. If either side is not proactive about scheduling or has limited availability, they should be subbed out immediately.

[edit: the original post contained wording that overreached past the capability of a review. I take the blame for this, because this is potentially a highly time sensitive situation, I rushed wording the post.]

Last edited:
RE: Enzonana vs jonfilch

At the request of RoA leadership, Kris and I reviewed the situation surrounding Enzonana vs jonfilch.

As noted by Finchinator, Enzonana’s initial attempt to contact through tagging jonfilch in the RoA Team Tournaments server cannot be seen as a legitimate scheduling attempt. While it is fine if players do schedule outside of VMs and DMs, it sets a bad precedent for hosts to consider a ping in an unofficial Discord server as having the same weight as reaching out via VMs and DMs in an activity situation, especially if it was not marked as an approved scheduling method beforehand.

jonfilch posted on Enzonana’s wall on Saturday afternoon (EST), where they quickly found that they had conflicting availabilities through the deadline. After failed attempts by managers to find a time that worked for both players, the captain of Team Northeast PMed a host to ask for a double sub. The host responded late Saturday night to agree that a double sub should be called, and noted that he had already contacted Argentina about it. However, Team Argentina was not informed about the double sub until 6:02 AM GMT-5 on Sunday, about seven and a half hours later, and Team Northeast didn’t sub a player in until 9:40 AM GMT-5.

Lack of communication between players, managers, and host and significant delays in action on the last day of the round are the main reasons why this series was not completed. However, the blame is spread more or less evenly throughout all parties. Team Argentina does not have a substantial claim for activity.

We are overturning the activity decision. Because part of the blame is to lie with the host, we recommend that jonfilch vs Enzonana be extended to Saturday 11:59 PM GMT-4. If either side is not proactive about scheduling or has limited availability, they should be subbed out immediately.
Unviable

Spl4sh

Banned deucer.
We are dropping from the tournament out of disappointment. There really isn't anything we wanted more than finishing our games but the hoster, the people involved in this decision making, had to make things much more complicated, so my team and I have decided this tour is just not worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)