NOC 2d3 Mafia - Postgame (Mafia Win)

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
IDK vibes, Panic is contributing more than anyone else and making reads out of nothing, I kinda autotownlean people who go against the grain and Haruno did that (though it's possible Haruno just scumleans activity given wikimaf, which makes it more NAI) and you're trying to generate content from other people. It's as level 1 as reads get because nothing's happened.

I'm down to ask for an extension. I still disagree I'm over the activity benchmark but if I am that's rather indicting.
the activity benchmark is very fucking low.

Celever

i am town
On catchup I'm p sure I saw people mention "the inactive slot" a couple times

Just checked playerlist and idk who that was referring to lmao, no one's been wholly inactive besides Hal and p sure it wasn't targeted at him

Celever

i am town
No, I don't really "go with the flow" in these things. One of my biggest pet peeves in a NOC is when people sheep each other cause townies not making their own decisions basically wastes the slot.

If I get a solid read I'll explain it and push it. Even if not, I'll take a side in an important conflict anyway to analyze the motivations of people on a wagon. This isn't a role heavy setup so I can't do as much to mechanically help solve things out, and I'm not really one to trust meta reads, so keeping track of important stuff and not getting distracted by fluff is most important to me.

I've been in a few games that have tried to no lynch d1 and it's usually a bad idea. Given the tepid nature of the conversations so far this is starting to resemble those games, which isn't a good sign.

I actually agree that Celever's day has been a little lackluster but I kind of brushed it off as personality. I figure scum is probably waiting around for something to happen, and I'm more likely to value any amount of activity as towny at this point (even though that's also a pretty weak tell).

unvote
OK going back I'm not sure how this post when UTR. I't sprob the longest post in this thread so far and kinda screams towny. Maybe everyone else was also reading it in bed after sleeping for 17 hours and coughing.

But reads update Blaz feels town. CaffeineBoost Panic Station what do you think of this post and why didn't you generate anything out of it in your time here in this empty, quiet room

Celever

i am town
Where I'm at rn:

Town Read:
Panic Station - The attempts to ISO Bigvivor say to me that PS is trying to get reads on people this game. Probably safe to towncore for now.

Town Lean:
Laurel - Seems like bog standard Laurel. Didn't take my bait, VT thing can be explained as either town!Laurel or scum!Laurel. Very hesitant to towncore since there are definitely issues.

People I should have some read on by now but don't:
Celever, Duskfall... maybe Blazade idk

Noposters:
Apricity, BGB, Haruno
Especially considering you said you were struggling to read him here CaffeineBoost, you also bumped Blaz out of this category in the time between this reads list and now when Blaz posted a couple times and I didn't, yet I remained there

OK going back I'm not sure how this post when UTR. I't sprob the longest post in this thread so far and kinda screams towny. Maybe everyone else was also reading it in bed after sleeping for 17 hours and coughing.

But reads update Blaz feels town. CaffeineBoost Panic Station what do you think of this post and why didn't you generate anything out of it in your time here in this empty, quiet room
Didn't really seem pingy. And he's not wrong about NL.

Celever

i am town
Where I'm at rn:

Town Read:
Panic Station - The attempts to ISO Bigvivor say to me that PS is trying to get reads on people this game. Probably safe to towncore for now.

Town Lean:
Laurel - Seems like bog standard Laurel. Didn't take my bait, VT thing can be explained as either town!Laurel or scum!Laurel. Very hesitant to towncore since there are definitely issues.

People I should have some read on by now but don't:
Celever, Duskfall... maybe Blazade idk

Noposters:
Apricity, BGB, Haruno
Also this Laurel read feels a bit like you getting bulldozed because you dropped suspicion on Laurel to the point of town leaning them despite expressing ambivalence over this town lean in the very same post. Surely Laurel is in a different category to town lean given this rationale

CaffeineBoost

I think that the 4th paragraph is the only one worth caring about. Seems like a decent paragraph and I completely forgot it existed until BGB quoted it earlier. This somewhat prompted me to post the reason behind my vote on you.

I wouldn't say it screams town, but it indicates town enough for a big ol' tick for Day 1.

CaffeineBoost

Especially considering you said you were struggling to read him here CaffeineBoost, you also bumped Blaz out of this category in the time between this reads list and now when Blaz posted a couple times and I didn't, yet I remained there
I think you had roughly the same postcount but I could be wrong. I didn't go back to count posts when I made that list, just went off what I remembered.

That said if you look at the timestamps, you will notice that this list of mine came before Blazade's post in question.

Celever

i am town
I think that the 4th paragraph is the only one worth caring about. Seems like a decent paragraph and I completely forgot it existed until BGB quoted it earlier. This somewhat prompted me to post the reason behind my vote on you.

I wouldn't say it screams town, but it indicates town enough for a big ol' tick for Day 1.
Honestly this is interesting to me bc one of the things I find towny about it is that Blaz is considering personality in reading people he doesn't have experience with. It's shows he's not looking for pushes and is being solvier than that.

That you took that balanced viewpoint from Blaz and used it for a p shoddy push doesn't necessarily look good, but I don't want to fall into the trap of scumleaning the one person actually posting lol

Celever

i am town
I think you had roughly the same postcount but I could be wrong. I didn't go back to count posts when I made that list, just went off what I remembered.

That said if you look at the timestamps, you will notice that this list of mine came before Blazade's post in question.
That's what I mean, you bumped Blaz out of "should have a read but don't" to just "don't have a read" in the time between Blaz posting not much content to actually posting content. Doesn't really track.

CaffeineBoost

Also this Laurel read feels a bit like you getting bulldozed because you dropped suspicion on Laurel to the point of town leaning them despite expressing ambivalence over this town lean in the very same post. Surely Laurel is in a different category to town lean given this rationale
I was going to put Laurel in the towncore after his reaction, then he delayed an answer for 11 minutes out of nowhere. He's town lean in the sense that "I kinda think he might be town but this is really concerning so you know" kinda of way.

CaffeineBoost

That's what I mean, you bumped Blaz out of "should have a read but don't" to just "don't have a read" in the time between Blaz posting not much content to actually posting content. Doesn't really track.
I don't get what you mean, when did I move him to "don't have a read"?

My thought process at the time was that having read all three iso's (yourself, Blazade, and Duskfall), I saw something from Dusk, not as much from Blazade, and nothing from you.

CaffeineBoost

Honestly this is interesting to me bc one of the things I find towny about it is that Blaz is considering personality in reading people he doesn't have experience with. It's shows he's not looking for pushes and is being solvier than that.

That you took that balanced viewpoint from Blaz and used it for a p shoddy push doesn't necessarily look good, but I don't want to fall into the trap of scumleaning the one person actually posting lol
I actually agree that Celever's day has been a little lackluster but I kind of brushed it off as personality.
When I originally read this, during my iso of the three, what I thought of it was: "It's a bit of a read? Idk seems like it might be a bit non-committal... better than nothing." Very barebones. I didn't really know what to make of it.

I didn't use this viewpoint to push you. I went back to read your posts, came to the same conclusion independently, and voted you. I then went and read Blazade's posts, saw this but didn't quite clock it the same way you have, then went away to see if my vote on you would garner any attention.

BGB quoted this post, I saw it again and thought "Oh... he's got the same opinion that I do on Celever... huh..."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)