NOC 2d3 Mafia - Postgame (Mafia Win)

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I was going to put Laurel in the towncore after his reaction, then he delayed an answer for 11 minutes out of nowhere. He's town lean in the sense that "I kinda think he might be town but this is really concerning so you know" kinda of way.
Do you think Laurel was discussing in scum chat how to respond or something? I feel like this is not scumreadable I just aired you for 20ish mins to discuss my housemate's essay, this looks like a reach to keep the PoE open

Which tracks even less because you could just not even consider them for towncore outside of Tommy saying they're prob town
I don't get what you mean, when did I move him to "don't have a read"?

My thought process at the time was that having read all three iso's (yourself, Blazade, and Duskfall), I saw something from Dusk, not as much from Blazade, and nothing from you.
When you voted for me you moved him to don't have a read since you also didn't say you townlean him. As someone trying to generate as much content from others as possible and keep discussion moving, not commenting on a read on someone is p out of character since you've been p forward with views etc. before now.
This relating to content, not my read on them.

Dusk had posted a few reads, Blazade had posted that small bit buried in a bigger post, you hadn't really posted anything at that point.
Honestly don't recall Tommy posting reads outside of Laurel, everything else was game theory from recollection which is a useful thing to hide behind as scum
When I originally read this, during my iso of the three, what I thought of it was: "It's a bit of a read? Idk seems like it might be a bit non-committal... better than nothing." Very barebones. I didn't really know what to make of it.

I didn't use this viewpoint to push you. I went back to read your posts, came to the same conclusion independently, and voted you. I then went and read Blazade's posts, saw this but didn't quite clock it the same way you have, then went away to see if my vote on you would garner any attention.

BGB quoted this post, I saw it again and thought "Oh... he's got the same opinion that I do on Celever... huh..."
but this is precisely what Blaz was talking about in terms of going with the flow. To rephrase this, you saw that a particular route was popular among the playerbase and decided it was a salient push to make. This is undermined by the fact that Blaz distanced himself from the validity of the read, viewing it as something easily explainable and not necessarily scummy.

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
Do you think Laurel was discussing in scum chat how to respond or something? I feel like this is not scumreadable I just aired you for 20ish mins to discuss my housemate's essay, this looks like a reach to keep the PoE open

Which tracks even less because you could just not even consider them for towncore outside of Tommy saying they're prob town

When you voted for me you moved him to don't have a read since you also didn't say you townlean him. As someone trying to generate as much content from others as possible and keep discussion moving, not commenting on a read on someone is p out of character since you've been p forward with views etc. before now.

Honestly don't recall Tommy posting reads outside of Laurel, everything else was game theory from recollection which is a useful thing to hide behind as scum

but this is precisely what Blaz was talking about in terms of going with the flow. To rephrase this, you saw that a particular route was popular among the playerbase and decided it was a salient push to make. This is undermined by the fact that Blaz distanced himself from the validity of the read, viewing it as something easily explainable and not necessarily scummy.
The 11 minute gap seemed completely unprompted. I don't think he was necessarily discussing in scumchat, I just think it's possible he was freezing up for a bit for some reason. I'm way less sure about this sort of read since last time it popped up, it was on Vizh after M2H caught them slipping and I was pressuring. Sure that was correct, but I was pressuring Vizh with something way more substantial than "hey in this game you were told vt in pm". 11 mins for a one line dismissal is suspicious, and before I asked him about the game where he had VT in his PM, I was just about ready to towncore him... and the response made me reconsider. I'd love to have a more tight PoE but unfortunately up until recently, very little has been posted in this thread for me to make good towncores.

Tommy saying they're town has no bearing on my read on Laurel. I was even considering if Tommy might be scummy based on that defence, but the iso I did was purely to see who had posted content.

Before I voted for you (before I went to sleep irc), Laurel was in townlean. I didn't comment on why I read you, Dusk, or Blazade the way I did because I wanted it to generate discussion. I lurked this thread for a bit waiting for someone to quote my vote and ask me why, but the only vote that got this attention was Dusk's on Hal.

Tommy posted about a read on someone else iirc, idr who, probably PS. Fairly easy post to make though.

I didn't see you as a popular push. I hadn't read Blazade's post about you when I voted for you. I iso'd Dusk, iso'd you, voted you, then iso'd Blazade. I voted you because I didn't see any content from you. You had (imo) been the least towny of the active players (not scummy). I voted you to generate discussion.

Celever

i am town
The 11 minute gap seemed completely unprompted. I don't think he was necessarily discussing in scumchat, I just think it's possible he was freezing up for a bit for some reason. I'm way less sure about this sort of read since last time it popped up, it was on Vizh after M2H caught them slipping and I was pressuring. Sure that was correct, but I was pressuring Vizh with something way more substantial than "hey in this game you were told vt in pm". 11 mins for a one line dismissal is suspicious, and before I asked him about the game where he had VT in his PM, I was just about ready to towncore him... and the response made me reconsider. I'd love to have a more tight PoE but unfortunately up until recently, very little has been posted in this thread for me to make good towncores.

Tommy saying they're town has no bearing on my read on Laurel. I was even considering if Tommy might be scummy based on that defence, but the iso I did was purely to see who had posted content.

Before I voted for you (before I went to sleep irc), Laurel was in townlean. I didn't comment on why I read you, Dusk, or Blazade the way I did because I wanted it to generate discussion. I lurked this thread for a bit waiting for someone to quote my vote and ask me why, but the only vote that got this attention was Dusk's on Hal.

Tommy posted about a read on someone else iirc, idr who, probably PS. Fairly easy post to make though.

I didn't see you as a popular push. I hadn't read Blazade's post about you when I voted for you. I iso'd Dusk, iso'd you, voted you, then iso'd Blazade. I voted you because I didn't see any content from you. You had (imo) been the least towny of the active players (not scummy). I voted you to generate discussion.
Yea I mean I disagree with bits of this (you hadn't read Blazade's post? Do you only catch up via ISOs) but it mostly tracks

Who's your second option? If it's policying Hal I could be on that idk, no one's done anything scummy yet.

WRT extension, probably 26-27 hours sounds good.

I wanna say no to this. This is not solid logic. I literally took 12 minutes to post the triple reply because I had to stop in the middle and take a dump.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)