Resource USM OU Speed Tiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

power

uh-oh, the game in trouble
The Araquanid speed tier above is incorrect - Araquanid is ranked for its viability as a Sticky Web setter, so these are the correct Speed tiers (-Spe on HP Fire Sets)

120 / Araquanid / 42 / Neutral / 0 / 0
108 / Araquanid / 42 / -Spe / 0 / 0

The Araquanid speed tier above is incorrect - Araquanid is ranked for its viability as a Sticky Web setter, so these are the correct Speed tiers (-Spe on HP Fire Sets)

Oh that's right, I didn't realise showdown calc has 0 IV by default so forgot to set it back up.

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
530 / Tyranitar (Mega) / 71 / +Spe / 252 / +2

If your going to list plus one Tyranitar( Mega), then you probably should list +2 as well, since every other mon with dragon dance has a +1 and +2 spread
538 / Qwilfish / 85 / Neutral / 252 / +2
269 / Qwilfish / 85 / Neutral / 252 / 0

Some newly ranked stuff that is not listed yet

Edit: Amended a mistake on Araquanid's speed tier because I forgot to set the IV back to 31 from the default on showdown calc.
Also, compiling from the reply on the next page, this is for Brave HP Fire sets.

Oh that's right, I didn't realise showdown calc has 0 IV by default so forgot to set it back up.
Done, thanks

Mega Zam gets +2 by copying swift swim in rain, hows kartana get +2? tailwind ?
Hm, well I thought I saw some sets with Kartana getting +1 speed when grabbing a kill on the Sword's Dance set, but maybe that isn't a set, and I was just hallucinating. Well if that's the case, then I rescind that post

Mega Zam gets +2 by copying swift swim in rain, hows kartana get +2? tailwind ?
Hm, well I thought I saw some sets with Kartana getting +1 speed when grabbing a kill on the Sword's Dance set, but maybe that isn't a set, and I was just hallucinating. Well if that's the case, then I rescind that post
Kartana gets there with either Z-Tailwind or by running a timid set with 19 IVs in attack and an EV spread of 252hp/ 4def/ 252 speed, which causes Beast Boost to boost speed, then claiming 2 KOs. It might not be a common enough set to add to the speed tiers though.

350 / Latios (Mega) / 110 / +Spe / 252 / 0

Even though it has the same speed as regular Latios, I think its important to note that it exists, so that people can still use this to figure out its speed

606 / Hawlucha / 118 / Neutral / 124 / +2
604 / Excadrill / 88 / +Spe / 252 / +2

Hawlucha's got a new EV spread built to outrun Excadrill by 1 point, which should probably be added here.

Updated, thanks for the input everyone.

Where are you getting that AV spread from?
afaik sedertz and someone else made it but its better than the standard one as the speed is unnecessary and it lives 2 specs lele psyshocks with the spare evs you get from dropping the speed.

620 / Hawlucha / 118 / Neutral / 152 / +2
592 / Hawlucha / 118 / Neutral / 96 / +2
Remove these, they're never used.
e: Salamence has been unranked, these are all the mentions that should be removed.
598 / Charizard (Mega-X), Salamence, Volcarona / 100 / Neutral / +2
656 / Charizard (Mega-X), Salamence, Volcarona / 100 / +Spe / 252 / +2
492 / Charizard (Mega-X), Jirachi, Manaphy, Salamence, Victini, Volcarona / 100 / +Spe / 252 / +1
448 / Charizard (Mega-X), Manaphy, Salamence, Volcarona / 100 / Neutral / 252 / +1
328 / Charizard (Mega-X), Charizard (Mega-Y), Gardevoir (Mega), Medicham (Mega), Manaphy, Salamence, Victini, Volcarona / 100 / +Spe / 252 / 0
299 / Charizard (Mega-X), Charizard (Mega-Y), Gardevoir (Mega), Medicham (Mega), Manaphy, Salamence, Victini, Volcarona / 100 / Neutral / 252 / 0

Last edited:

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
This is not the place to discuss the viability of Scarf Serp, the serp on webs scenario may be rather specific considering the viability of each of them but still could come up so Im gonna add it for that reason but that doesnt change the fact that scarf is an unitem on serp

399 / Alakazam (Mega) / 150 / Neutral / 252 / 0

seeing as this has picked up more traction recently (as showcased by blunder vs soulwind and john vs leru in addition to countless other replays that i'm too lazy to search up) I believe that this may be a useful addition to the speed tiers.

386 / Talonflame / 126 / +Spe / 252 / 0
351 / Talonflame / 126 / Neutral / 252 / 0

seeing as this has been unranked, these tiers aren't really useful anymore.

465 / Charizard (Mega-X), Volcarona / 100 / +Spe / 184 / +1

is there any relevant zard x or volc that runs 184 speed? please tell me if i'm missing something here, but I think this should be removed for the meantime.

e:

385 / Tapu Koko / 130 / +Spe / 216 / 0

Somewhat surprised that Shuca Koko hasn't been added, especially considering that it has been its most consistent set for quite some time now.

465 / Kyurem-Black / 95 / +Spe / 224 / +1

What exactly is this spread used for?

Last edited:

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
399 / Alakazam (Mega) / 150 / Neutral / 252 / 0

seeing as this has picked up more traction recently (as showcased by blunder vs soulwind and john vs leru in addition to countless other replays that i'm too lazy to search up) I believe that this may be a useful addition to the speed tiers.

386 / Talonflame / 126 / +Spe / 252 / 0
351 / Talonflame / 126 / Neutral / 252 / 0

seeing as this has been unranked, these tiers aren't really useful anymore.

465 / Charizard (Mega-X), Volcarona / 100 / +Spe / 184 / +1

is there any relevant zard x or volc that runs 184 speed? please tell me if i'm missing something here, but I think this should be removed for the meantime.
Well from what I gather 184 Charizard is to out speed max speed Jolly Landorus-Therian, and I would imagine the same for Volcarona to invest in HP (though I wouldn't do that personally).

I think it should be removed also, unless there's a specific bulky Zard X spread out there that I'm not aware of. Losing the speed matchup against non-Scarf Tapu Lele and Kyurem-B is really unfortunate with that spread.

May be niche, but I think with the prevelance of glare spam, some pokemon could have some -2 tiers on the list. Especially mons that are common switch-ins to zygarde and serp, such as lando and tran respectively.

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
381 / Ribombee / 124 / +Spe / 252 / 0

The best webs setter rn imo, i think it should be added

EDIT: 380 / Ribombee / 124 / +Spe / 252 / 0 / 30 IV is the correct Speed tier, as most Bees run hp fire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)