Media DRAGON BALL SUPER

At this point I'm totally thinking Universe 7 could only win just because no one remembers Frieza was not eliminated.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Vegeta did his best man. And we all know how much Vegeta HATES helping Kakkarot do anything, so the energy healing at the end was a big thing for him. They also didn't spend infinite screen time letting him get whaled on like they did in the Buu arc so I thought they handled it pretty well, all things considered.

Honestly the show shoulda been called "Dragon Ball Super Vegeta." Vegeta has received the best character development during the length of the show and he's actually, legit a good guy instead of a brooding sort-of antihero. That said I think at times they made Goku WAY stupider than he needed to be, to Goku's general detriment. Going to be an exciting few final episodes.

Gonna laugh my ass off if there's a double ring-out at the end and Universe 7 still wins because Freiza never got eliminated - and Frieza doesn't actually do anything particularly evil with the wish.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Gonna laugh my ass off if there's a double ring-out at the end and Universe 7 still wins because Freiza never got eliminated - and Frieza doesn't actually do anything particularly evil with the wish.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case honestly. I'm personally expecting goku to knock out jiren and then freeza takes the opportunity to fight/knock out an extremely worn out goku and get the SDBs for himself

Garou

Banned deucer.
Who woulda seen this coming with Goku surpassing his limits and gaining access to Ultra Instinct again? So unpredictable im truly gobsmacked and never would have predicted that Goku received another endless power boost to overcome another antagonist. Much thought, many wow!

Who woulda seen this coming with Goku surpassing his limits and gaining access to Ultra Instinct again? So unpredictable im truly gobsmacked and never would have predicted that Goku received another endless power boost to overcome another antagonist. Much thought, many wow!
Well, Belmod lampshades the ridiculous amount of times this happened.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
wow a cartoon for kids does not have the protagonist win in the end?! shocking, unheard of. Let's not focus on character development of secondary characters and some of the progress they've made because we need to make the point that the main character is going to win regardless, what a stupid and silly thought!

edit:
in case it wasn't clear: yes Goku was always going to win against the Big Bad, to think otherwise it's literally stupid, to point it out is probably more idiotic than thinking that DBS has a real effect on your life. Doesn't mean that the characters didn't develop in an adult way see: Andriods, Roshi, Vegeta, Freeza, Jiren, Toppo, Gohan.

That's just off the top of my head. They all developed exceptionally well and if you're going to drag down the saga with "Goku wins yet again" who the fuck do you think this is aimed for? The supports are the deep roots of the story, Goku is just there to carry it along.

Last edited:

raf

quite alright
is a Tiering Contributor
And to say that for a series like dragonball is even more stupid since this show started the whole cliche of transformations and invincible villains. And thats exactly why we all are watching it in the first place.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
To be fair, in DBS, Goku hasn't even won against any of the Big Bads except 1...

BoG Arc - Loses against Beerus.
RoF Arc - Frieza destroys the Earth and Whis has to Temporal Do-Over before Goku can wipe him.
U6 Tournament Arc - Essentially ties with Hit.
Potafeu Arc - Wins against Copy Vegeta.
Future Trunks Arc - Cannot beat Zamasu and Future Trunks claims the kill.

So yea I get it's the Goku show and everyone loves that and blah blah but to say the other characters don't get development or wins is absurd when Goku himself doesn't even do that.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hot new theory: hakaishin and their angels fuck, the gayer the coupling the stronger the hakaishin. thats why beerus is so much stronger than champa

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
For some non dumb v weirdness:

Vegeta is the best shade thrower there is. First he beats up a GoD Candidate, now he's throwing shade on the Gods themselves. I only wish 17 were around to also throw shade on them underrating humans as well as Saiyans. All hail Vegeta, Prince of All Shade Throwers.

Episode 130 Preview is everything you could want it to be. The buildup to this finale is going to be great.

Last edited:
So Goku Blanco happened
Toriyama be like "Let's recolor SSJG"
Toei be like "Let's recolor UI instead"

As the show tends to dickride Frieza so much, I wouldn't be surpised if he will be the key component why U7 wins. It is sad to see that Toyotaro, a former fanfic writer, does a better job. Though to be fair, he has the advantage to make up for the mistakes the anime does and fill the holes or replace nonsense with less nonsense.
That Vegeta being out of energy, yet, still transforms, uses final flashs here and there and lastly gives energy to Goku was some of the worst written things I have seen in this franchise.

How does Super manage to do this? Are they purposely trying to make it bad? Though, they can have Zeno decide to revive all universes again because he enjoyed the tournament that much and I bet the same fans that defended all this nonsense would say "Zeno can do whatever the heck he wants. It was a cool tournament after all" so the writers don't even have to try.

if toriyama watched more carl sagan he'd know that entropy never decreases, so there's no way this shounen could happen in real life. Z is much better

Reactions: v

Deck Knight

if toriyama watched more carl sagan he'd know that entropy never decreases, so there's no way this shounen could happen in real life. Z is much better
Of all the physics Carl Sagan would take issue with in Super, you choose the one the series tends to handwave with Zenkai boosts and Saiyan biology?

Personally I think he'd take more issue with Whis's time skipping and teleporting a baby out of a womb. You could alter history with stuff like that and technically Whis did so by removing Vegeta's objection to fighting in the tournament.

vv.

Banned deucer.
So I am just gonna throw out a quick little prediction for how this whole shebang ends.

Basically Goku fights with Jiren, epic showdown, lots of high octane well animated action, last stand from Jiren, goes full power, and Goku inevitably overcomes him and defeats him. Except Jiren proves too strong and deals one last blow to knock Goku down with him. Then as Goku and Jiren lay there on the ground, Frieza comes over and begins T-Bagging Jiren and Goku (or something like that) before proclaiming he's the goat, works alone etc etc. Then he tries to take the super dragon balls and nostalgia intensifies as Goku challenges him and has just enough power to go for super saiyan form 1, and with a Kamehameha blows Frieza the fuck away, like he should have all those years ago, thus ending the show with Goku wishing for all the universes to be kept undestroyed or something.

Deck Knight

So I am just gonna throw out a quick little prediction for how this whole shebang ends.

Basically Goku fights with Jiren, epic showdown, lots of high octane well animated action, last stand from Jiren, goes full power, and Goku inevitably overcomes him and defeats him. Except Jiren proves too strong and deals one last blow to knock Goku down with him. Then as Goku and Jiren lay there on the ground, Frieza comes over and begins T-Bagging Jiren and Goku (or something like that) before proclaiming he's the goat, works alone etc etc. Then he tries to take the super dragon balls and nostalgia intensifies as Goku challenges him and has just enough power to go for super saiyan form 1, and with a Kamehameha blows Frieza the fuck away, like he should have all those years ago, thus ending the show with Goku wishing for all the universes to be kept undestroyed or something.
Assuming this is outside the ToP because it ends when Jiren gets knocked out, Vegeta could easily take out Frieza, he's fully healed from the Senzu and Royal Blue (that's what I'm calling it) beats GF considering it beat Toppo and Toppo rolled Frieza. SS1 Goku can't take on Golden Frieza.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)