Smogon Premier League IX - Week 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

passion

heavenly :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
hello!!! welcome to the first installment of the non-bias passion power predictions. today i make objective correct decisions based on statistics and history of the players. [pls read this is super important.]
]

Dragonspiral Tyrants (0) vs Stark Sharks (0)

SM OU: psychicmewtwo vs BHARATH_THEBEST - psychicmewtwo is objectively the best overused player right now nobody can possibly beat her (she is a hot chinese princess)
SM OU: z0mOG vs Axel - z0mog is objectively the second best overused player right now nobody can possibly beat her except psychicmewtwo and since they are on the same team that can't happen.
SM UU: Christo vs dodmen - christo is good and important the other guy is nice though so i kinda hope he wins.
SM RU: SilentVerse vs Tricking - silentverse is the first or second best ru player when he isn't rusty and doesn't use bad teams. this week with my 300 iq foresight i predict he brings a shaky team and tricking randomly has a good exploit.
SM NU: cb jose altuve vs Teddeh - meeps does not lose, i have known this since i first laid eyes on him on april 20th, 2017. he is the second best low tier player of all time overall (i'm number 1) so teddeh should lose. im sorry teddeh!!!
SM DOU: stax vs Demantoid - what is this
ORAS OU: blunder vs nihilillie - no way that nihililililie will lose to a no name like blunder
BW OU: dice vs smurf - i loved smurfs when i was a kid and dice is a gargamel headass nigga so u will win in the end.
DPP OU: Bluewind vs ToF - my favorite color is blue
ADV OU: UD vs Deluks917 - deluks917 has been playing extremely well this season and his vastly superior statistics in comparison to the beta ud shows it. ud is okay but i feel like deluks917 will pull through in the end.
GSC OU: Lavos vs Pleasure - lavos is the best gsc player i have ever seen. the way he wields snorlax is second to none and he is the best,
RBY OU: Earthworm vs GGFan - this is the highlight match of the century. not only is it objectively the most well balanced and skillful tier (thus them making it 2 out of 3 so the fans can see more), it is also 2 of the best pokemon battlers of all time. mark ur calendar for this one folks. earthworm may be good but i think ggfan has the odd in his favor slightly.

Indie Scooters (0)
vs Ever Grande BIGS (0) - finchinator is stupid his team will lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SM OU: FlamingVictini vs bro fist
SM OU: Leftiez vs Eo Ut Mortus
SM UU: Lycans vs Manipulative
SM RU: Feliburn vs Windsong - hi i seriously want to mention that i think windsong is the overall strongest ru competitor right now and i hope my friend feliburn will win
SM NU: elodin vs Kushalos
SM DOU: miltankmilk vs Jhon
ORAS OU: Mounts vs xray
BW OU: Go10 vs Posho
DPP OU: boudouche vs d0nut
ADV OU: Ojama vs Triangles
GSC OU: giara vs Mr.E
RBY OU: Alexander. vs marcoasd

Wi-fi Wolfpack (0) vs Congregation of the Classiest (0)

SM OU: ABR vs Blackoblivion - i think abr will win this battle personally.
SM OU: Trosko vs Sabella - i think sabella has done pretty mediocre so far this spl but i looked him in the eyes yesterday before passionately pegging him and i saw a glare of determination i have never seen before so he can win i think.
SM UU: PokeTCG gamer1288 vs Sacri' - i will never forgive the sins that the pokemontcg gamer1288 committed against me. he is officially passion cursed so he can never win a pokemon battle ever again.
SM RU: soulgazer vs Ajna - soulgazer will win using the power of friendship. ajna is a stupid idiot who does not understand the power of god and anime so he will crumble.
SM NU: Earth vs Pohjis - earth is the 2nd best nu player behind meeps because i am friends with him.
SM DOU: marilli vs EmbCPT - marilli is my hot loli gf and wags his furry tail for me so he will win.
ORAS OU: Updated Kanto vs Znain - i personally predicted updated kanto to go undefeated this season. he did not do that but he is 5-1 which means he will wind.
BW OU: SoulWind vs Shoka - i hear that soulwind is pretty good at this one.
DPP OU: Void vs NightFox - void will never lose a pokemon battle. idiot void haters on suicide watch i never stop believing. he is so hot an asian reeeeee.
ADV OU: Astamatitos vs thelinearcurve - i don't know adv that well but i like ur name its wacky and says a lot about u and ur determination never give up!!!
GSC OU: Fear vs Jimmy Turtwig - edgy usernames never lose. jimmy turtwig beat me in a best of 3 in a pokemon generation before, so he must be pretty good, but he is probably going to lose him so sorry.
RBY OU: The Idiot Ninja vs Heroic Troller - this is the highlight match of the century. not only is it objectively the most well balanced and skillful tier (thus them making it 2 out of 3 so the fans can see more), it is also 2 of the best pokemon battlers of all time. mark ur calendar for this one folks. naruto may be good but i think the heroic troller has the odd in his favor slightly.

Alpha Ruiners (0) vs Circus Maximus Tigers (0)

SM OU: Cdumas vs p2 - im getting lazy so i picked a random person.
SM OU: Empo vs Eternal Spirit - empo OWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SM UU: Bushtush vs A Hero's Destiny - bushtush is an idiot and is so insecure about himself that he pretends to be black. i met him irl and he is white. so fake.
SM RU: Chill Shadow vs lighthouses - lighthouses has come a long way from throwing tantrums in ru forums. chill shadow is good but i think his season has been meh so i will put my belief forward.
SM NU: lax vs Evan. - lax is the 3rd best nu player behind yoshizilla315 and shakeitup. he can never lose to a washedup idiot noob like evan who is a idiot noob.
SM DOU: Croven vs MajorBowman - this should be a good game i think
ORAS OU: Destiny Device vs Nintendi - nintendi's existence led to my most liked post on smogon. i owe u a huge favor so i am giving u the passion blessing.
BW OU: ZoroDark vs McMeghan - 2 noobs it doesn't really matter who wins
DPP OU: We Three Kings vs Tamahome - we 3 kings was once nice to me in the smogon tournament discord. one time tamahome i played him in dpp and he asked me if i was yan sogekings girlfriend. these sins cannot be forgiven.
ADV OU: undisputed vs k3nan - undisputed is so alpha he is going to goomba stomp this person i think.
GSC OU: Tiba vs Century Express - i picked tiba so i didn't have to unclick the bold button before hitting dash.
RBY OU: roudolf13 vs Diegolh this is the highlight match of the century. not only is it objectively the most well balanced and skillful tier (thus them making it 2 out of 3 so the fans can see more), it is also 2 of the best pokemon battlers of all time. mark ur calendar for this one folks. roudolf13 may be good but i think diegolh has the odd in his favor slightly.

Team Raiders (0) vs Cryonicles (0)

SM OU: TDK vs CrashinBoomBang - tdk may be having a bad season by his standards and crashingboombang may be having a good season, but tdk is my friend and i will never stop believing in him. i hope he sees this message and feels highly motivated to not disappoint me.
SM OU: Gondra vs aim - aim is good but gondra took place in the greatest battle of all time yesterday so he is going to come out stronger like a super saiyan or something.
SM UU: Pak vs HT - the hairy toenail never fumbles. he is alpha.
SM RU: Gingy vs Nat - u idiots who doubted natalie and are now beginning to pretend to have deep love for her after going 2-0 are pitiful. i never stop believing and bandwagon noobs need to BTFO. gingy lol.
SM NU: Zukushiku vs ict - zukushiku once defeated me in a monotype tournament and ict is nowhere near my skill level so hes going to die probably.
SM DOU: Kaori vs Biosci - OMG I LOVE KAORI
ORAS OU: R!cardo vs Poek - ricardo got super owned today and poek has anime loli powers.
BW OU: BKC vs Arii Stella - idc about this but should be a good game with optimal spookiness.
DPP OU: roscoe vs Sweepage - i didn't know sweepage was in this spl i hope he does well.
ADV OU: Jirachee vs London Beats - london beats i would like to discuss the history of ur username with u its very cool but i dont understand the technicalities.
GSC OU: choolio vs sulcata - sulcata is so good
RBY OU: -Tsunami- vs Peasounay - this is the highlight match of the century. not only is it objectively the most well balanced and skillful tier (thus them making it 2 out of 3 so the fans can see more), it is also 2 of the best pokemon battlers of all time. mark ur calendar for this one folks. peasounay may be good but i think [vod] metabeast 13-25 vros guy has the odd in his favor slightly.

Last edited:
After my insane % of success (50% in bw and 75 in gsc) last week I'm back with more predictions (Finchinator take notes)

BW:
dice vs smurf - dice just spent his only "loss" token of the season in a meaningless match last week, he's done being merciful.
Go10 vs Posho - Posho is out for blood this week, although I think he needs to step up his game a bit, since I haven't been too impressed so far, this might be the week of the Awakening though, seeing how his opponent is not very well known for his BWing, but I may be wrong.
ZoroDark vs McMeghan - last time I predict for Zoro if he loses this one too. Also McMeghan played very well last week and his team was alright (though I've already seen it used somewhere else...hell, I've used the same exact 6 mons myself in some roa tour), but 1 game is not enough to regain my faith.
BKC vs AriiStella: before last week I'd have predicted this game to be an stomp, but Arii played decently, so this game should actually be fun to watch (of course it will BW is always fun). With this said, BKC has been incredible in BW so far, and I don't see him stopping at any point.

GSC:
choolio vs sulcata - I believe choolio is slightly better than sulcata
Tiba vs Century Express - after 2 impressive showings in the past 2 weeks, compared to Tiba's disaster of w5 game followed by an activity loss, I have no real reason to predict any differently than this, hopefully Tiba finds his footing so we get a great match
giara vs Mr.E - l like to think last week was a fluke...but I guess we're going to find out this time. Very unimpressed with giara so far though.
Lavos vs Pleasure - highlight GSC game of the week, but Lavos wants to keep up with his great season so far, while Conflict has nothing to lose, he might very well win with one of his funky mons though, looking forward to this.

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
TDK-CBB might be one of my most anticipated pairing of all time. Both are good friends with high skill ceilling and I can't wait to see how they will prepare for this game and also how their knowledge of each other playstyle will affect the battle. Hoping for a clean and close one.

FV-John is also as amazing as it gets. Both players are phenomenal and always bring solid teams. I have very high respect for both of them. Very excited for this one.

Other than that, Lavos-Conflict and EW-GGFan are on my radar, but the two aforementionned matchups take the cake for sure.

UD

BeerLover
1519065469103.png

The people have spoken.

ADV OU: Ojama vs. Triangles

One of the two can't miss ADV matches this week in my opinion, pitting two rather contrasting styles against each other. Ojama is and has been known for his fatter teams featuring loads of bulk on otherwise offensive Mons. Triangles, on the other hand, mixes teams up for the most part between standard TSS (see W6 game against k3nan), trappers plus fat CurseLax / CM Cune type teams (game against linear), and hyper aggressive offense (team vs. me). I wouldn't be doing justice to Ojama if I didn't also mention that he has actually shown quite a few new looks from what would otherwise normally be expected from him this season. In addition to his preferred Metagross / Cune / Zapdos / Blissey type builds, he has also busted out Cloyster, Raikou, Forry, AstaRachi, and even a Skarmory (!!!) so far. I've been a big fan of his performances to date, record notwithstanding. All that being said, I think Triangles will come extremely well prepared this game and have the right threats for whatever it is Ojama ends up bringing. Very close to a coin flip, but I'm going with the three-sided Brit.

ADV OU: Astamatitos vs. thelinearcurve

Marquee matchup here, and one of the top 5 matchups of all ADV in my opinion. linear got off to that horrific start due to a combination of poor play and bad luck, but he has since rolled off two consecutive victories against really good players in danilo and Ojama, respectively. Bringing CM Spam against Le Experte Blissey wielder himself and coming away with a W was an incredible feat in my opinion. I don't know if it's just coincidence that linear played his best game of the season the same week he returned to his homeland of Australia, but it certainly makes me wonder. In the other corner lies Asta, Zeus himself, as our dearly departed Callous liked to call him. Asta has definitely had some rough breaks this season in terms of luck and matchup and whatever, but despite that he has managed a still solid if unspectacular 3-3 record. He's still been bringing really good teams that all have that classic "Asta touch" to them, and his play has been extremely solid. I'm really interested in seeing what both these guys bring this week. linear gets typecast as a team stealer, but I know there is a creative side to him (Dynamic Punch Jirachi last week was a good touch by the way). Very close margin in this game, but I am going to give the edge to the Greek Freak of Pokemon, Asta.

ADV OU: undisputed vs. k3nan

At an incredible 5-1, undisputed keeps churning out wins like nobody else in the tier. He is the closest thing to a penciled-in W in ADV. It really is remarkable at this point just how good he's been these past two SPLs, considering the strength of the fields. I like when he shows his creative side too, though there's nothing wrong with bringing good ol' standard. Sorry I'm running out of things to say. undisputed is just so ridiculously solid and workmanlike about his approach, and it pays off in spades. k3nan didn't get off to his SPL career the way he wanted to last week. I am a fan of his - he's a very nice guy, talented player, has the right mindset, all that. That being said, I really disliked his team last week. I thought it had way too many holes and didn't even sell out against certain threats the good way (i.e. building hardcore around your own win condition at the expense of weakening yourself to opposing threats). I thought it was not a good team at all. I've played him a bunch before to know that his teams are usually super solid and well-built, so I am gonna just chalk up last week to nerves etc. On paper this is a lopsided matchup, but I'm hopeful k3nan brings one of his sturdier teams and just plays a really good game like I know he's capable of. He absolutely has a chance to win if he can do that. However, it would be folly to predict against the SmogTours-proclaimed "GOAT," undisputed.

ADV OU: Jirachee vs. London Beats

Kind of a weird matchup in my opinion. Wish we could see some more of danilo, but it is what it is. I know enough about Jirachee that I can pretty safely pencil him in over the lesser-known (in ADV) London Beats. Jirachee is a really good player who knows the tier quite well for somebody who doesn't main it. He's even been building his own teams from what I've heard, which is quite impressive considering how difficult that is. As far as London Beats goes, well... I just don't really know. If danilo isn't playing then I assume he's totally out of the picture as far as support goes, which leaves CBB to help build? He's definitely a great ADV player and has a unique take on teambuilding in the tier, so I at least look forward to what is very likely to be a CBB-built team from London Beats. But yeah I just don't know enough about the player himself. Last week was kinda weird in that the game ended before it really got going due to a lame Ice Beam freeze on a Dugtrio that was EV'd to survive it, so I didn't see enough to get a good impression of him. Just hoping for a good competitive game here, but definitely leaning towards Jirachee in this one.

I swore off predictions ever since I cursed myself in W4, so here's hoping history doesn't repeat itself.

As always, likes are much appreciated. Here's to a good week everybody. Good luck, have fun, and drink beer. :pimp:

Tenebricite

Leader of the Pawniards
is a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Team Raiders vs Cryonicles

SM DOU: Kaori vs Biosci
ORAS OU: R!cardo vs Poek
BW OU: BKC vs Arii Stella
DPP OU: roscoe vs Sweepage
ADV OU: Jirachee vs London Beats

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
i better actually get some fucking likes for this one

SM OU: psychicmewtwo vs BHARATH_THEBEST
SM OU: z0mOG vs Axel - z0m is fire, and Axel hasn't been performing too well this SPL.
SM UU: Christo vs dodmen - Christo imo is the better player.
ORAS OU: blunder vs nihilillie - I'm already scared to see the memes on this one but Nihilillie's first game genuinely impressed me, this isn't the 80-20 everyone is gonna say it is. that being said blunder is fucking incredible and it's gonna be a tough one to win for Nihi. GL, don't let the community get you down.

SM OU: FlamingVictini vs bro fist - bro fist is gonna be out for blood considering how BS that last game was but FV is probably the best OU player rn.
SM OU: Leftiez vs Eo Ut Mortus - i could definitely be wrong on this one
SM UU: Lycans vs Manipulative

SM OU: ABR vs Blackoblivion - ABR is unpredictable and ridiculously skilled but I trust that BO can still find a way to win this.
SM OU: Trosko vs Sabella - Sabella is having an on moment rn.
SM UU: PokeTCG gamer1288 vs Sacri' - seriously man get a new fucking name PokeTCG gamer1288 wtf

SM OU: Cdumas vs p2 - better player, but seriously y'all who said p2 was mediocre at the start of the season had no idea, this is gonna be a close game.
SM OU: Empo vs Eternal Spirit - fire game right here
SM UU: Bushtush vs A Hero's Destiny - Bushtush is just the better player
SM NU: lax vs Evan. - Lax you lost last week because you didn't bring Torterra. I hope to see that change.

SM OU: TDK vs CrashinBoomBang - better at SM OU imo
SM OU: Gondra vs aim
SM UU: Pak vs HT - Pak may have lost last week but that was due to insane hax and Pak still made the best plays he could, he's still the best UU player rn.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
hello sheep, goatc comin at u w the ORAS & BW section of
GOATNALYSIS
ORAS

damn this was a rlly fuckin good game. btoh teams had good wincons with volcanion + tar being able to demolish hiyes team if played well, and a exca that can potentially sweep w 1 sd and rox (only lategame). it all came down to who can get advantage first, and hiye jumped into the game w inasne pressure and played the early game aggressivly as fuck (tho i dont agree w using exca to break when exca was the wincon but then again there were no other breakers unfort). after poek was on the backfoot from losing so much footing early game, he didnt choke or fold up like many inexperienced guys owuld, and still kept up the aggression (actually turned up the aggression cuz he wasnt rlly aggro in the turns leading to hiye being at an advantageous position) w plays such as the scizor uturning on exca etc to try and keep up momentum. however w tar burned and rocks up, volc's threat level is down to manageable at worst (if the zard wasnt 4000 defense bold and burned the tar, volc can sub up and instadouuble to tar on lati at any time). i think overall hiye played a bit better (outplayed on more turns) but that may be attributed to the fact that the mu was p much 1-9 or 2-8 against him seeing as scor walled everything ( A FUCKING COMMON ASS THEME IN ORAS LMAO IF U PLAYIN POEK OR TENDI W A SCOR WEAK TEAM THEN IONNO WAJT MORE I CAN TELL U LMAO DO U NEED ME TO LITERLLY SCOUT THEIR TEAMS AND TELL U ?????) so he had to make more aggressive plays to even stay in the gaem whereas poek only had to on a few turns. although the game was wayyyyy less close than it looked, hiye played well enuf to at least give the illusion of a contest. still very good oras game, i can alwasy count on this tier to be highlights of the week
chokes: :pikuh:, just a bad team sorry.
saw this live and at first glance win cons were p apparent. mounts had nothing for cham, he only has possible late game zam or cune to try and win and znain can constantly nab one should mounts try to get em up, so zam will have a hard time winning. i had thought that cune was either vin or crocune, while bro had to be cm (tho in hindsight the exca being sd + cham can be enuf of a breakig core,,, but then again why would u not slap cm on the bro,,, well actually nvm the ft set makes sense cuz ferro for exca) OH WAIT THE EXCA WAS ROCKS LOL WHO DOESNT RUN CM cham as the only breaker/wincon is def NOT ENUF lmao. but in hindsight bro wasnt winnig cuz cune had toxic. idt what compelled znain to keep going torn and also not prioritize spinning cuz look at turn 12, how tf was the game losable in a gamestate such as turn 12. znain frustrates me cuz i htot he was fuckin gooche then he had one or two gucc ass games but now this game makes me think hes Znotgood again. tar was doing NOTHING and he couldv pivoted to tar and either saccd it or played a longer game to pivot it in and either sack bro or whatever to get exca in to spin. w spin off torn was gonna fuck ass alongside cham, (knock for tox i actually dont think was any wrong cuz its always good to knock cune and how could he tell it was tox right). just needed to prioritize getting rocks off, that game was hardly haaaaaardly throwable cuz torn was just too fucking good vs the rest of mounts' team.
dongs in Znasal cavity: :swole::swole::swole::swole:
idk i just theorymonnd it but i thot by turn 12 it was at least a 7-3 advantage tossed in the bin
not gonna undercut blunder's outplays, but the moment ricardo loaded up shit set pursuit gross (actually any non tpunch gross) the game was over. actually, as soon as twave was put on starmie in teambuilder the game was over. actually no i was wrong, if starmie had gotten burned this game was still very playable, so thats about a 50% chance and not even that lucky. after turn 8 however this game was over, theres nothing else to say, blunder outplayed every single turn of the game while ricardo at least did try to go for his only way to win (get rox up and burn mie). this game woulda been a fire game if played out that way, cuz burned mie would die to spin on gross (but would still get twave off) and depending on how lucky blund is get some chip on gross (which wouldnt matter cuz lati hwish). ultimately ricardo needed to burn, kill starmie (still rocks would be off on blund side), somehow outplay and trap zor, hwish gross back, and somehow chip tran a bit or just bank on waking up to get em up again). overal i think that a burn on starm wouldv changed things to give ricardo maybe a chance (if he burned starmie he actually then has a 5-5 mu objectively due to hwish and having zone) but a slim one at that seeing as he wouldv needed to outplay blunder. not to mention weavile ate all kinds of ass and u already KNOW for a fact that blund stayin in on the keld to knock the gross/lant hoping to wake up coming in on the predicted amoong double.
solid game tho it was over by turn 8
dicks choked: :pikuh: aint nothin to choke yo
kanto played this well as shit but exi shouldv known not to let exca die too early because soon as exca hit the deck clef won (so theres a zone and gyara is the sweeper, who do u think the breaker is? u think clef is cm knock or twave lamooo ofc its fuckin stored power (ok in this case its shock which is a vastly inferior option imo). anyways kanto identified wincon very early and got up rocks via like 3 str8 turns of outplay then baited in exca to knock. tbf tho exilis team had nothing for weavile so he kinda had to stay in there, but at that point the game was over (wow another turn 8 won game). kanto just gained way too much advantage in the early game by getting rocks and denying rox/removal/check to his wincon in one fell swoop, but then again that jst proves how fucking absolutely dipshit it is to have rocks spin AND ur clef check all in one, u must be new to oras. in short this was gonna happen inevitably in the game, this meaning exca being chipped/killed cuz exca def doing at most 1 of 3 things: gettin rox, removing rox, and checking clef. tho the advantage was there at preview, kanto maximized it and sealed it in a turbo 8 turns. bravo, kanto once again has my praise in this tier (special shoutout to abr team, predictably solid just his style)
dicks choked: :pikuh: well even tho u didnt choke, u got chokeslammed for 8 turns straight thats just embarrassing.
OH WAIT LOL IT WAS A CHOKE CUNE COULDV PP STALLED EASILY W 101 SUBS LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ABRS DOGSHIT "lemme be different i swr im not predictable" tech psyshock actully turned out to be absolute GOOCHE and wouldv lost kanto the game if exiline didnt swallow CHOKDES and NOT PPLS TALL LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO
:swole::swole::swole::swole::swole: MAXIMUM THROATAGE but in all fairness how could he have known it was psyshock but also then aghain if ur playing off ur only chance of winning (stored beat u anyways and u beat the other versions thats not shock) u needed to fukcing not choke on dicks. sub 5 times into rest gave exiline and exilent chance of winning exipt that exipectations were too exiidingly high if u thought he would suddenly not get played like pubg after those first 8 turns.
ok this game was pretty exciting, not fat shit all the way but instead both teams had breakers, very back and forth. WAIT A MINUTE LOOK AT TURN21 LOL DAMNNN TAHTS SOME SAVAGERY ok i dont disagree with pursuit, and xray tar actaully made a sick ass play coming in on exca so bravo. but cuz just roughly looking at the game didnt zard win if exca died i mean i get like how xray wnats to spin and that was the turn it was like expected to be an opening, but HOLY FUCK u can spin on so many fucking things and even maybe force out the gross to do it. guaranteed however LETTING EXCA SPIN AND GET AWAY W IT HOLYT FUCK DAMN LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL actually nvm i doubt any of this actually mattered cuz tendis team is the most zard x weak pile of hot ass iv ever seen in my life (rotom is fukin atrocious in oras stop it). yup yea zard x won anyways ok none of it mattered but xray looked like a fuckin CHUMP tho gettin fiddle mcdiddled
dicks choked: :pikuh:
coudlnt haev choked it if he wanted to, 10-0 team advantage and its might be a lil less close than that

BW
reuin won turn 0, these types of teams win or lose mostly at preview so its not even like decent. ok anyways i dont blame the stoss it is free damage afterall, but why was arri goin to any other mon and not leeching or using knock if he has it? who wants to take a toss thats not reuni, and reuin doesnt wanna come out its the wincon. i would 400% have gone xatu cuz u have rox up not like anything can take advantage of a xatu double besides exca trying to spin, but even then its free ass chip and ok why is this game even being discussed reuni won t0
dicks choked: :swole::swole::swole: loadin up some bullshit
lots of mindgames t1 (i like to say in most bw games that arent super mu heavy like nowadays sunstall n shit lead mu is 30% of the game) since loom got a free ass spore t1 elodin predicted either goth or nite to lead, so he went w lant but shoka prolly predicted that and lead rotom. that t1 outplay prolly already sealed elodins fate cuz in order to get rocks up he needed to let his only normal resist get chipped, so at this point if nite was band or dd it was likely over (oh also the outrage resist). yes mu was in shokas favor but it wasnt like unwinnable or anyhing, elodin just had to play loom perfectly but even then lmao i hav ent seen a team where goth does this much work vs in bw in a hot ass minute. actually holy fuck wtf was that play espeeding the keld and getting bailed out by crit on toed,,, actually nah it didnt matter, goth did too much work and scor/tar dispatched of anything goth didnt. with tht being said, i still think hydroing nite again was the play, as elodin switching out threw away any chance of winning, however slim it was.
dicks choked: :swole::swole::swole::swole::swole: prolly modest bulky keld w max hp no speed and hits 258 speed and undersped the bandnite courtesy of sogespreads
i was wondering how many mor games dice could get away with bringing bullshit adn winning off ct/mu or other dude being retarded. nigga got exposed lmao this nigga is ungood as hecc. kevkev doubled like every other turn and broke this lame's ankles i mean honeslt kev spent more turns doubling than clicking a move lmao dice get u some ankle insurance bruh
*message sponsored by Zoom Nike Kobe IV Kobe "Ankle Insurance"®
dicks choked: :swole: :swole::swole::swole::swole:dice came out the womb chompin on gooche fym, how u have zone and get ur prostate examined by lategame skarm lmaoooooo
gotta keep it objective, so ill try to summarize this game without disrespectin my nigga laurel too much, and in as few words as possible.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRROFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAMMMMMMMMMMMMMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
difficulty with which clicking outrage was associated: :swole::swole::swole::swole::swole:
tbf even if it was drag gem fpunch shoulda been used at +2 cmon dawg,,
anyways i feel like the public dragged laurel too hard on this, if he wasnt gem (which i doubt it was) fp was the right play cuz he can win off a roll, and he needed the +3. that was the only way he didnt get swept by volc and ppl r dragging him, tbh that game was gona be very not close in either side's favor if one thing happened or didnt happen. anyways stop draggin laurel my nigga is a great dpp player chill
this game was a very very good bw game and theres a few key turns i needa break down for yall. w rachi set revealed, it is clear for mcm that should lati be spex and chomp be scarf, those r the only threats to mienshao sweeping (discounting scarf zone witch ok its possible it does nothing while shao switches out at will). should chomp be unscarf while lati be scarf, thats an even better scenario, because trapping lati w hazards up means he had the game. the first time tar was in however, crunch was the good play because it is much more detrimental to his gameplan for lati to be spex, so crunch there was a guarantee. poncho made a heat ass double to lati comin in on lant double, but lets break it down here. from mcms perspective, if the lando is scrfd (which objectively i think is the case cuz he went into it as a midgorund for either zone double on skarm comin into chomp or chomp sding), he can easily stay in and uturn here because A) if lati is spex, uturn is free and he can go to amoong cuz it doesnt do much plus lati was likley to unpsychicmove. B)if lati was scarf, he trades a decently useful lant for the one thing that stopped shao from sweeping. however big dick play in crunching is why i call it the only play that mattered that game cuz it prevented a crit from
savin lati from pursuit, but tbf even if he got off suit damage shao was likely gonna sweep anyways w sand hazards plus fakeout threatening lati.
tho posho played well and mcm also pushed his advantage, this game was a lot less close than it seemed w a 7-3 ish mcm advantage. poshos zone needed to not be unscarf to have a chance
dicks choked: :pikuh:
good ass game, i wish mcm didnt just assume zone wasnt scrf tho but then again psho didnt play like it was scrf but also damn if it was scrfd then this game woulda actually been exciting and not over at turn 9

Last edited:

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
SM NU: cb jose altuve vs Teddeh - cb jose altuve
DPP OU: Bluewind vs ToF - if bw had 1/20th of shakeitup's luck he'd have 2 STour wins, a Frontier win, and at least one SPL

BW OU: SoulWind vs Shoka - I think SW is the best BW OU player overall.

GSC OU: Tiba vs Century Express - Washed up + people are tired of his bs vs MrE slayer

BW OU: BKC vs Ari Stella - Should be a good game; I think CBB's a more aggressive player than Kev, but I think Kev outmaneuvers the endgame.
DPP OU: roscoe vs Sweepage - quiet n good vs loud n bad
ADV OU: Jirachee vs London Beats - I think CBB is a strong Adv player, but Rachee's looked real good since the shift out of BW.
RBY OU: -Tsunami- vs Peasounay - "I threw my RU games so I could play a real tier"

Last edited:

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion

Well unfortunately the Ruiners must have picked up Sherlock Holmes for their team because finally someone has managed to figure out my impeccable formula for Getting Activity Wins in team tournaments. Now that the secret has been cracked, I figure it should be fine to share it with the public as I estimate there will still be about an 85% success rate in fooling the hosts.

STEP 1: INSTANTLY POST ON YOUR OPPONENTS PROFILE WITH YOUR AVAILABILITY

This is an easy one. Rather than wait even 24 hours, the play is actually to post immediately on your opponents profile, establishing contact and communication. I know what you are thinking, "teal, doesn't that actually help the game get done?" It's quite the opposite - this approach is to fool QQ and OP into THINKING that you want to get the game done by taking the necessary steps.

STEP 2: CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR OPPONENT'S SOCIAL LIFE, CAREER, FAMILY, ETC. AND CONVINCE THEM TO KEEP YOUR OPPONENT BUSY SO THAT HE CANNOT ANSWER FOR 4-5 DAYS

A little bit more involved, but if you're angling for that activity win you have to be willing to go the distance. Now, typically, any opponent is going to respond with relative haste - sure, maybe a day of wait or so, but you can't have that. In order to ensure that the activity win is granted you need to plan excessively far ahead, and that involves sabotaging their real life in order to keep them from even acknowledging your early and hasty contact message.

STEP 3: LEARN EVERY OTHER TIER YOUR TEAM IS PLAYING AT A HIGH LEVEL AND GHOST THEM TO A LARGE MARGIN OF VICTORY

Now, QQ and OP aren't fools. They know when a team is trying to grab a free win in a series where it can mean the difference between playoffs or obscurity, life or death. In order to provide defense against this, it is best to establish a large margin of victory before your match is even scheduled - this way, you can trick the hosts into thinking that the game doesn't even matter. The best way to get these wins prior to your scheduled time is to use that week to become SPL level in the other 10 tiers and subsequently ghost all of your teammates to a dominating win. You can tell, in this case, that the London vs Undisputed game was played too early and Sulcata hadn't had the time to master ADV - a mistake he won't make again when fishing for activity. Here's some examples:

[06:09:42] Sulcata: CBB according to Bulbapedia Tyranitar gets +1 SpDef in Sand, which he sets for himself
[06:09:42] Sulcata: I think if you want to play aggressive, you can double into it here to catch the Latios and be relatively safe
[06:09:42] CBB: großartige Idee
[06:09:42] CBB: :heatman:

STEP 4: USE THE TOOL FROM MEN IN BLACK TO ERASE YOUR OPPONENT'S MEMORY OF DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME, SUBSEQUENTLY CAUSING HIM TO THINK THAT THE MATCH IS SCHEDULED FOR AN HOUR DIFFERENT THAN IT IS

Hit me up in PMs if you need access to this tool by the way.

Once you've successfully got the mind eraser device from MIB, it's a simple task to buy a plane ticket, travel to your opponent's country and use it on them specifically to make them forget about the twice-yearly event that shifts the clocks. After doing that you're sure to have the leg up in the activity war, as they'll be befuddled that the clocks are an hour off what they otherwise expected.

STEP 5: INSTANTLY ACCEPT THE NEW TIME AND ACCOMMODATE YOUR OPPONENT'S SCHEDULE WITHOUT QUESTION

This is the masterstroke. Most amateurs at the activity game will attempt to claim the original time was sufficient, but you need to go a step beyond in order to fool QQ and OP. By immediately reaping the fruits of what you've sowed in the previous step you can complete the incredible ruse, with the coup to come in the subsequent move. Now, Sulcata looks (to the hosts) like he was willing to forego the original time in favor of his opponent's new time - but little do they know that it was us who set the stage for the rescheduling in the first place.

STEP 6: JOIN "ANONYMOUS" AND UTILIZE THE COUNTLESS COMPUTER GUY GENIUSES TO SABOTAGE YOUR OPPONENT'S COMPUTER, CAUSING HIM TO NOT MAKE THE SUBSEQUENTLY SCHEDULED TIME

Here is where you get that devious win. Any normal schemer would have stopped at one of the previous steps, but not you - using your connections with the infamous hacking group "Anonymous" you need to convince them to destroy the computer of your opponent for at least 20 minutes subsequent to the second scheduled time. Once this has happened, you're in. The wool is fully pulled over both QQ and OP's eyes, there is no chance they will know about the secret machinations happening behind the scenes in order to engineer this win with all the factors pointing otherwise.

BONUS STEP: GET YOUR MANAGER ADDICTED TO DUEL LINKS SO HE DOESN'T FEEL LIKE PAYING ATTENTION TO SPL ACTIVITY IN A WEEK ALREADY DECIDED

This is only necessary if you want to really rub in the ruse, but it's pretty simple, too. Convince your manager to start playing Duel Links and qualify for the National Tournament, so that he will spend all of his Sunday playing rather than paying attention to SPL and won't want to fight for activity. This reverse psychology is the icing on the cake - when OP/QQ contacts him, he won't seem to care a lot, thus dispelling the fishing or dodging rumors with incredible ease.

CONCLUSION

With these steps, you will be assured any activity win you desire. We all go to great lengths to compete in SPL, and taking wins whenever possible is of course the best way to approach the tournament. What Sulcata displayed was a masterpiece in dodging, and our long-con to fool the hosts paid off dividends by giving us +1 BD with a third of the regular season left to play. Unfortunately for us, the clever ass Ruiners have successfully seen through the ploy, so I am sure the effectiveness may drop going forward - but overall this is still a viable technique.

Last edited:

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
when you copy p2's "nap into robbery" tactic except the nap takes 8 hours

reyinterpolface also said man has appeared online on discord before the deadline

all i take from this is that we got deprived of a TIBOAT game, when the week was over

also lets be honest, "having to go to bed" 15 mins after a scheduled time, for a gsc game to top it off, always comes off as wack; now if only tiba didnt have the habit of making his opponents wait ungodly amounts of time before his games, it could have helped him...

playing choolio tomorrow (wednesday) 4pm est.

going for a hard post-game nap too.

I get why people think me napping is sorta suspect. My sleep schedule is absolutely fucked and I needed to be well-rested before I started studying for an exam. When I logged back on I only woke up because my roommate was yelling over Overwatch (he makes a damn good alarm clock ngl). I responded to both tiba and his teammates as soon as I figured out what was going on to let them know I did not have the time to play. Yes, I could have played and not been groggy after a few minutes. No, I'm not sacrificing my grades for an SPL game that my opponent already missed the time for twice. It's unfortunate that tiba had simultaneous timezone and charging issues, but it is what it is.

For the record, Tiba was never offline during the whole time of 5pm - 6pm, he was online even before that, however he was fixing his laptop charger the entire time who broke the day before and he had to fix his charger for his laptop to work because it had near no battery. He did fix it in time by finding and old charger and putting an object on top of the connection area to fix the bad contact and was going to be ready not even 5 minutes after the nap escapade. His "going offline" was just him restarting his computer. And he was talking to sulcata while this was happening so this wasn't anything unknown.

:mehowth:

As I said, it's just unfortunate. Almost every match this SPL I've had to wait upwards of 15-30m and I've accomodated my opponents every time since I didn't have a busy schedule. He told me he'd be ready at 6pm. He wasn't ready then but he said he had charger issues. I would've told him I was getting tired, but he already left smogtours by then. I waited at least 15 minutes. Apparently he was still on discord but never told me this. I had no idea when he'd be coming back, and by that point I really didn't have the energy to sit through any remotely long gsc match. Keep in mind the originally agreed on time was 5pm. Would've loved to play him in any other situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)