NOC The Mafia Invitational (Game Thread) [D2 Deadline: Friday, March 2nd, 6 PM EST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
We don’t even know we have a fruit vendor, p sure you are either
a. Making shit up
b. Coming from too much info from scun
C. All of the above

And all 3 conclusions point to you being scum

the only possibility I see is you being an informed townie purely by role, but behavior wise you’re scum so it’s 3/4 rather than 1/4

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
“Let’s find a way to autoclear the fruit vendor so that people can townread me
>aren’t fruit vendors usually town anyway (>80%)
> have you ever seen a scum fruit vendor

What the fuck is the point of this? Posturing and attempting to look useful?
Dude

This is a hard clear

You will not necessarily hard clear me after this, but you will never lynch the Fruit Vendor or the Ascetic or a third person.

I am not going to ask for any more info before saying my piece oafter the claim.

Scum Fruit Vendor is more common on MS than town. Go look at recent games. It's around 45/55 I think.

If I do not reply to the claim with an undeniable argument for why Proph, Fruit Vendor, and a third person are town you will auto lynch me. I am not going to play dumb. It isn't going to be something dumb like citing statistics. It is nothing debateable period. This is not posturing. This is not an attempt to look useful.

You just said yourself I'm a good player. You know I am smart. Most people here know I'm smart. I would not get away with getting out of this, I am not a player who can dumb tell.

We don’t even know we have a fruit vendor, p sure you are either
a. Making shit up
b. Coming from too much info from scun
C. All of the above

And all 3 conclusions point to you being scum

the only possibility I see is you being an informed townie purely by role, but behavior wise you’re scum so it’s 3/4 rather than 1/4
The only possibility is what I claimed ? + ? I know we have a FV. I am trying to fucking solve this game and you are returning to me with bullshit. I'm really starting to think you're scum, because you really cna't be this fucking bad at mafia. Like seriously dude. You yourself said I'm a good player. This is a GOOD PLAYER offering the game on a silver platter. Fucking take it.

I'm going to bed. If you ignore this and I don't wake up to claims all I have to say is if you think I'm scum I just offered you an easy ass way to lynch me and you chose not to take it. If you think I'm town you are actively ignoring a town who is quite good at the game. Seriously, fucking please, I stake my reputation as a player on this. C l a i m. This is the smallest thing, come the fuck on.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
I really really hope this is irony or you're scum. Like, for the sake of my opinion of you as a player.
Bahahaha

repeat after me,

Metal sonic is scum
Metal sonic is scum

it’ll make it easier for me to push you

Is it a coincidence that 2 of my scumreads this game magically townread me after I catch them? Like this is one of my weaknesses as town when catching scum and josh knows this, he probably told it to his partners in scum chat

Josh

=P
Bahahaha

repeat after me,

Metal sonic is scum
Metal sonic is scum

it’ll make it easier for me to push you

Is it a coincidence that 2 of my scumreads this game magically townread me after I catch them? Like this is one of my weaknesses as town when catching scum and josh knows this, he probably told it to his partners in scum chat
Dude honestly go eat a donkey dick

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
hey you guys want to know an easier ass way to lunch scum? Front door him and vote his face so you don’t have to get hypnotized or led in circles by their master plan that they had time to cook up in scum chat

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
like I know it’s just 6 hours game started so I’m fine with where the votes are but josh absolutely needs to be the lynch today and I’ll make sure of this when it comes to DL

ngl I had to double check that there wasn't some possibility for a 3p wrt this fruit vendor stuff.

is there a way they could follow your orders without claiming for whatever weird plan you have?

I have a very good argument for why it is town; I'm waiting for Texas to get awake and give me approval to quote logs from Discord from a little while ago when we were discussing ideals. It should be fine because it is well before the game started and he doesn't need to confirm them as true, but I want to be safe. The paraphrase version is he said scum fruit vendors are moronic and shouldn't exist; if he ever made a setup they'd have to be town.
This is really good to know though.

TBH I didn't know fruit vendors would ever be scum

sanic, why is Josh scum? fmpov it looks like you decided at one point he's mafia then started construing everything he does as because he's mafia. Do you have a metaread on him? You obviously know him better than I do since I have basically 0 experience with him in NOC. Can you elaborate your thoughts in any way? If you can't do this you're completely useless to me because then you're just throwing out reads without giving me an opportunity to judge if your reasons hold any water so at a basic level I have no reason to follow your vote, and more importantly means I can't tell if your case is coming from the mindset of a town trying to solve the game or a mafia trying to blend in/push mislynches, which by default means I'm never going to townread you or anyone else that plays this way.

It's incredibly annoying to read this thread not just because the shitposting (I have no idea what koc and yeti are trying to say in like 90% of their posts) and see 75% of the users posting "this is scum" "this is town" without any explanation. Any idiot with a keyboard can post a list of names in order, but it's actually hard to constantly explain your thoughts and reasons when those thoughts and reasons are total bullshit and that's how mafias are caught.

if Josh's reasoning for the fruit vendor thing is a Texas log I don't really see a reason for them to claim now other than to be townread by Josh. The logs could be faked, taken out of context, or otherwise manipulated for scum!Josh's benefit so other villagers should still be analyzing fruit vendor (and Josh) like any other slot. At the same time, if the fruit vendor is mafia so is Josh since it means he lied (there is a chance Texas misled Josh or changed his mind or intentionally put in something tricky) so the FV outting would prooobably be worth some towncred. There's also potential for mafia!Josh and town fruit vendor although I'd have to wonder why exactly Josh's role is informed of the vendor? Mafia setups speculation is hard and often a waste of time, but by doing this Josh has created a situation where there's a slot that he is always lynched before.

So, if the fruit vendor doesn't claim and Josh is right they're basically in the same position as before except more likely to live to endgame and be a clear (assuming Josh flips town).

TBH I didn't know fruit vendors would ever be scum
I've never seen it (at least that I can remember, and definitely not by this name) but it sounds like something that isn't really alignment indicative unless you can meta the host. It... doesn't really do anything, so it's not overpowered to give to any faction.

Josh

=P
quick mobile post to papervlade and empoof: to the former, there's unstated stuff which mandates the claim happen today. to the latter, yea, claim is needed. please trust me, like this isn't some huge ask I know what I'm doing.

Josh

=P
it is, 100%, not just an oh look here Texas said they're town therefore they're town. there's legitimately good reasons. like I said, vote me if my reasons don't satisfy you. I am 100% confident this is the right play and I will fully articulate exactly why.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
sanic, why is Josh scum? fmpov it looks like you decided at one point he's mafia then started construing everything he does as because he's mafia. Do you have a metaread on him? You obviously know him better than I do since I have basically 0 experience with him in NOC. Can you elaborate your thoughts in any way? If you can't do this you're completely useless to me because then you're just throwing out reads without giving me an opportunity to judge if your reasons hold any water so at a basic level I have no reason to follow your vote, and more importantly means I can't tell if your case is coming from the mindset of a town trying to solve the game or a mafia trying to blend in/push mislynches, which by default means I'm never going to townread you or anyone else that plays this way.

It's incredibly annoying to read this thread not just because the shitposting (I have no idea what koc and yeti are trying to say in like 90% of their posts) and see 75% of the users posting "this is scum" "this is town" without any explanation. Any idiot with a keyboard can post a list of names in order, but it's actually hard to constantly explain your thoughts and reasons when those thoughts and reasons are total bullshit and that's how mafias are caught.

if Josh's reasoning for the fruit vendor thing is a Texas log I don't really see a reason for them to claim now other than to be townread by Josh. The logs could be faked, taken out of context, or otherwise manipulated for scum!Josh's benefit so other villagers should still be analyzing fruit vendor (and Josh) like any other slot. At the same time, if the fruit vendor is mafia so is Josh since it means he lied (there is a chance Texas misled Josh or changed his mind or intentionally put in something tricky) so the FV outting would prooobably be worth some towncred. There's also potential for mafia!Josh and town fruit vendor although I'd have to wonder why exactly Josh's role is informed of the vendor? Mafia setups speculation is hard and often a waste of time, but by doing this Josh has created a situation where there's a slot that he is always lynched before.

So, if the fruit vendor doesn't claim and Josh is right they're basically in the same position as before except more likely to live to endgame and be a clear (assuming Josh flips town).
Ok I am on phone so my post can’t be too lengthy but I’ll lay it out in brief for you

1) I would have expected town-josh to begin early by trying to reach out to me and try to work with me ASAP.
1b) Instead of doing so, he just bitch about the game and vote randomly like a troll. In his own words “ I just want to vote the biggest wagon”. What the actual fuck. Not only is the latter scummy on its own in a vacuum, it’s explicitly not the former (1), so it’s a double strike

2) josh is actually capable as scum, or at least not-shit, which is opposite of what some people claimed in this game (empoof, walrein, yourself). Now, he is wallposting in response to my push on him, which he always does as scum. Also, the content in the wall posts is shit. Just so you don’t misunderstand that “ms is dcumreading josh for wallpostig” cos that would be dumb

3) josh and his hypothetical (but I’m not as sure) teammate empoof are suddenly townreading me in response to my push on them. I’ve told josh before that one of my main weaknesses as town when I have caught correct scum is that scum directly pockets me by townreading me, and I let go of them. Now, this may or may not be totally coincidental but it’s entirely within josh’s capability to pull such a stunt

4) ad hominem. Instead of further trying to work with my reads or have a good talk, he’s just throwing ad hominem and blanket townreading me for the sole purpose to shake off my scumread on him. No attempt to work to get reads or solve the game. This sounds contradictory to my above point, but the best explanation would be to see for yourself: Compare this to empoof’s behavior to me, you’ll see a real difference

5) instead of attempting to read people now he plays bullshit mechanics about some fruit vendor nonsense. In desperate attempt to get townreads. Scum is perfectly capable of talking bullsht about mechanics rather than actual reads because it’s easier, they know everyone’s alignment already so it’s harder to come up with genuine reasoning to scumread someone they know is town

7) everything josh posted I’ve not townreading, he’s capable of posting all he has done so far as scum

This turned out to be a wall anyway but w/e you’re welcome

Asek

Banned deucer.
Im on my mobile at work and will comment on things later but i just want to say that this game is pure lols rn and the most fun ive had in a mafia game in the last 12 months already

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cncnd anything related to setup or host meta

If you wish to quote discord logs with the host you may do so under the knowledge that in no way shape or form are they necessarily accurate or relevant

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I will be at my computer, and not on mobile, in 6 hours, expect my patented LightWolf Abuses the English Language Ketchup Post sometime after that. For now I made a list of posts I will reply to and have caught up.

The following post is solely in relation to the current Josh vs MS debate on the fruit vendor claiming, and is in the vacuum of those two individuals. Due to this my overall opinion on how I view both of them may be expected to be different after my big post comes out. That being said overall opinions never stopped me from nitpicking!

Ok I am on phone so my post can’t be too lengthy but I’ll lay it out in brief for you

1) I would have expected town-josh to begin early by trying to reach out to me and try to work with me ASAP.
1b) Instead of doing so, he just bitch about the game and vote randomly like a troll. In his own words “ I just want to vote the biggest wagon”. What the actual fuck. Not only is the latter scummy on its own in a vacuum, it’s explicitly not the former (1), so it’s a double strike

2) josh is actually capable as scum, or at least not-shit, which is opposite of what some people claimed in this game (empoof, walrein, yourself). Now, he is wallposting in response to my push on him, which he always does as scum. Also, the content in the wall posts is shit. Just so you don’t misunderstand that “ms is dcumreading josh for wallpostig” cos that would be dumb

3) josh and his hypothetical (but I’m not as sure) teammate empoof are suddenly townreading me in response to my push on them. I’ve told josh before that one of my main weaknesses as town when I have caught correct scum is that scum directly pockets me by townreading me, and I let go of them. Now, this may or may not be totally coincidental but it’s entirely within josh’s capability to pull such a stunt

4) ad hominem. Instead of further trying to work with my reads or have a good talk, he’s just throwing ad hominem and blanket townreading me for the sole purpose to shake off my scumread on him. No attempt to work to get reads or solve the game. This sounds contradictory to my above point, but the best explanation would be to see for yourself: Compare this to empoof’s behavior to me, you’ll see a real difference

5) instead of attempting to read people now he plays bullshit mechanics about some fruit vendor nonsense. In desperate attempt to get townreads. Scum is perfectly capable of talking bullsht about mechanics rather than actual reads because it’s easier, they know everyone’s alignment already so it’s harder to come up with genuine reasoning to scumread someone they know is town

7) everything josh posted I’ve not townreading, he’s capable of posting all he has done so far as scum

This turned out to be a wall anyway but w/e you’re welcome
I care for none of your reasons, they are pointless to me.

All of it is blatantly personal and anything the general playerbase could care for is an afterthought. You want people to lynch Josh over your personal experiences, even if as you said that does not line up with what other people think of him. The argument that we should ignore all his positive looking posts is pointless, and is the larger symptom of my next point.

Your last few posts have been a blatant attempt at stopping Josh from doing anything in fear that it cleans his ass. In the end whatever Josh is up to, it creates a connection between him and the fruit man. The fact you can't objectively judge the value of tying a useless role to josh or that night kills would largely narrow down what the exact truth behind the fruit wifom is, puts you in a negative light. You have gone beyond the point where you would ever consider not getting josh lynched today.

This all is in spite of the fact that for the time you were arguing barely anyone sided with one of you being scum and the second you stop for a few pages nothing worthwhile is said. This day has been tainted by your focus on first empoof then josh, and the rest of the game is either calling all three of you town or sitting on their asses.

In the end I look forward to making people jump with my read post.

That being said vote Josh because asking for people to instantly confirm they AREN'T the fruit vendor is scummy in both meanings of the word. Outing info regardless of the claim happening is scummy, and trying to take the choice of claiming from the vendor is scummy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)