ASB Gym League Signup Thread MKIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Old thread couldn't be edited sooooooo new thread time~

Rules and FAQ
  • There will may probably definitely won't eventually be 14 Gym Leaders and 4 Elite Four Members. Should you defeat 12 of the 14 Leaders on their terms, you may challenge the Elite Four.
  • Each individual Gym Leader decides all the rules for each battle (switching, items, whether they send out first or not, etc.).
  • The Gym Leader has a bank of up to 3 extra Pokemon above the number used in battle that can be brought with him into any match, but the challenger can only send in as many Pokemon as the maximum number of Pokemon allowed in the match
  • You may have two open gym challenges open at one time. If you have a battle ongoing, you will automatically be placed lower in the queue than anyone without a current challenge.
  • Leaders are allowed two battles at any one time (for their own gym).
  • If you lose a Gym match as a challenger, you must wait three days before challenging again.
  • Pokemon used in the ASB Gym League can be used anywhere else in ASB (including Exclusive RP's such as TLR).
  • Rewards for Gym Battles are in line with Tower Matches. However, training items have their effect reversed unless equipped on an excess Pokemon (see update 4).
  • The Gym Committee reserves the right to reject any and all challengers they deem unprepared for their requested gym challenge.
Upon defeating a Gym Leader you have not defeated before, you may immediately rechallenge another gym. In addition, you may claim the 10 CC Item of their type, e.g. Charcoal for the Fire Gym.

1 BADGE: 1 Hyper Potion
2 BADGES: 1 Max Ether
3 BADGES: 2 Heart Scale [Heart Scale: The Pokemon gains two (2) additional KOC for each battle it participates in]
4 BADGES: Raid Heirloom + 10 UC
5 BADGES: 1 Greninja-BB OR [1 Lycanroc-Du + 1 Twilight Ray]
6 BADGES: 1 Greninja-BB OR [1 Lycanroc-Du + 1 Twilight Ray] (basically so you can get both of them :>)
7 BADGES: Raid Heirloom + 20 UC
8 BADGES: Raid Heirloom + 30 UC
9 BADGES: 1 Ultra Beast

10 BADGES: 1 Tapu Fini, 1 Tapu Koko, 1 Tapu Lele, OR 1 Tapu Bulu
11 BADGES: Raid Heirloom + 40 UC
12 BADGES: 1 Master Ball
13 BADGES: 1 Victini
14 BADGES: Elite title + 1 backdoor access to an Extended Dungeon TLR per additional Gym badge earned
15 BADGES: Raid Heirloom + 50 UC
16 BADGES: 1 of each of the rare TLR items, including Master Ball and Sacred Ash
17 BADGES: 1 Mew
18 BADGES: Access to Champion's Hall TLRs

Full Gym Leaders are assumed to have their own badge.

EIGHTEEN BADGES
Frosty - Bug, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Ice, Normal, Poison, Psychic, Rock, Steel, Water

SEVENTEEN BADGES
Elevator Music - Bug, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Ice, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Steel, Water

SIXTEEN BADGES

FIFTEEN BADGES

FOURTEEN BADGES

THIRTEEN BADGES

TWELVE BADGES
JJayyFeather - Bug, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Normal, Steel, Water

ELEVEN BADGES
Texas Cloverleaf - Bug, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Fire, Flying, Ghost, Ground, Ice, Normal, Steel

TEN BADGES
Dogfish44 - Bug, Dragon, Electric, Flying, Ghost, Ice, Poison, Rock, Steel, Water

NINE BADGES
Its_A_Random - Bug, Electric, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Ice, Normal, Poison, Water
deadfox081 - Bug, Dragon, Fighting, Fire, Ghost, Ice, Normal, Poison, Steel

EIGHT BADGES
Toon - Dragon, Fire, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Ice, Rock, Steel
zarator - Electric, Dragon, Fairy, Fighting, Ghost, Ground, Normal, Steel

SEVEN BADGES
Gale Wing Srock - Bug, Dark, Dragon, Ghost, Normal, Poison, Rock

SIX BADGES
Geodude6 - Bug, Dragon, Fire, Flying, Normal, Psychic
Gerard - Dragon, Fairy, Fighting, Ground, Ice, Psychic

FIVE BADGES

FOUR BADGES
Birkal - Dragon, Fighting, Ground, Normal
Engineer Pikachu - Bug, Ghost, Normal, Poison
Exclaimer - Bug, Dragon, Fairy, Normal
Matezoide - Dark, Fairy, Flying, Ice
Mowtom - Bug, Dragon, Normal, Steel
tavok - Electric, Fairy, Poison, Steel
waterwarrior - Dragon, Flying, Ground, Ice

THREE BADGES
Fort Colorcastle - Dragon, Fairy, Normal
Leethoof - Bug, Fighting, Fire
Ooraloo - Ghost, Fairy, Ice
Rainman Legends - Normal, Grass, Bug
Stratos - Grass, Ground, Poison

TWO BADGES
Avnomke - Dark, Dragon
P2X7 - Flying, Ice
Ragnarokalex - Bug, Ice
Rediamond - Bug, Fighting
Someoneelse - Fairy, Ground

ONE BADGE
Athenodoros - Flying
C$FP - Water
Maxim - Normal
Orcinus Duo - Steel
S0L1D G0LD - Ground
smashlloyd20 - Steel
SubwayJ - Flying
ZhengTann - Rock

We will start accepting challengers from now. Simply post the type of the gym you wish to challenge and the leader's name (the arenas are only there for reference, there is no need to copy them).

Unoccupied Gyms: Bug
Secondary Gyms: Dragon, Ice, Water

Last edited:

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
Type: Bug (Closed)
Leader: deadfox081
W/L/T: 1 / 3 / 0 (25%)
Arena: Ilex Forest - Tiny Edition

After standing at the entrance to the forest, just to the west of Azalea Town in Johto for what seemed like hours you are finally greeted by a voice over your shoulder.

"Hey! Thanks for waiting so long, that old man Kurt sure can rattle on. He just loves his Pokeballs."

You turn to see Bugsy, the Azalea Town Gym Leader standing with his trusty Scyther to his side. You presume he is the Bug Gym Leader you came to find and ask if he's ready for a battle.

"No, no. I'm sorry to say that me and my little bugs would be no match for a trainer as experienced as you. There's a different trainer that the ASB Gym League has authorised to hand out the Sting Badge, I'm just here to take you to him."

Eager to get your challenge underway you follow Bugsy through the guard house and into the thick forest. The tree cover is so dense that you only see small hints of sunlight making it through the canopy but as you look around at the thick ground you notice undergrowth, rocks and some small ponds. Everything your Pokemon could find necessary for a battle. You pause at the entrance to the forest, having heard that the new Bug Leader likes his battles to take place in the Ilex Forest you ready your Pokeballs for battle.

"Hold on, we're not there yet. Haven't you heard that this battle is a little different? Just come with me and I'll show you."

You follow Bugsy through the forest, its bigger than you thought and filled with many varieties of Bug typed Pokemon foraging and sucking the sap from trees. Eventually you stop almost three quarters of the way through the Forest, before you is the Ilex Forest Shrine.

"Surely you knew this forest had something special about it, and the key is right here in this shrine. Celebi might have left years ago but some of its magic still remains. Go ahead, just touch your hand to the shrine and you'll see what I mean. I'll have to leave you here though, I'm expecting a young local trainer in my own gym very soon. Don't be nervous, nothing around here will bite. Well at least not hard. Best of luck!"

And with that Bugsy and Scyther trot off back through the forest. You stand staring at the old shrine for a moment, nothing looks too special about it, there's even some moss growing over one side. You remain unsure of what's going to happen but came here for a battle, so you hold your nerve and press your right hand up against the wood.

WOOSH

All of a sudden you are overcome with a huge vortex of force. The whole world around you begins to spin and your vision blurs. Once you regain your wits you open your eyes to be staring straight at a giant tree trunk. It must be 14 feet in diameter but as you look closely you notice the tree has strangely square edges. In fact as you look up you realise it's not a tree at all but rather the leg of the shrine you were just standing in front of. A shrine that now looks to be 50 storeys tall. Just as you begin to comprehend what has happened an old man steps out from behind one of the other legs.

"Why hello there. I see you've found your way to my gym. In case you're wondering the shrine hasn't gotten any bigger. It's you and your Pokemon that have gotten smaller. 100 times smaller to be exact. This is where and how I like to battle. Bugs just feel so much more at home at this size I'm sure you'll agree. Well best not dilly dally any longer, show me what you've got!"

And with that the old man readies his Pokeballs and your Bug Gym challenge can begin.

Arena Effects
All Pokemon fight at a miniscule size. Size Class and Weight Class are unaffected since relative size remains the same, but this has the following effects:
- All Pokemon gain the effects of the ability Run Away.
- Pokemon do not possess the power to produce offensive spread moves. All offensive moves that would target multiple Pokemon now only have one single target, and retain their full BAP.

Additional codifications:
- The battle takes place outside and in normal sunlight.
- All moves are possible and permitted.
- Nature Power becomes Energy Ball.
- Secret Power has a chance to cause sleep.
- Camouflage turns the user into a Grass type.

Battle Format
Pokemon:
4v4
Format: Doubles
DQ: 72 hours (1 warning)
Switch: OK
Items: ALL
Abilities: ALL
Substitutions: THREE
Mega Evolutions: ZERO
2 Recovers / 5 Chills

Leader: Pallas Athena
W/L/T: 0 / 5 / 0 (0%)
Viridian City

It would be hard to get lost in Viridian City. The town remains rural and small, nestled between the quiet Route 1 and impossibly dense forested land. The only activity comes from two groups of migrants.

In the fall, the best trainers in the land assemble here as the leaves begin to change colors. They flock to the training facilities and battle courts in and around town. They don't stay long. Soon they disperse towards the west, seeking to learn their fate in the Indigo Tournament. And in the spring, as life returns, a new horde of trainers pours in from the south. They battle in the streets with their Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur before heading to the Pokemon Center and PokeMart to learn how to heal their partners' wounds. The most prepared come to the gym for lessons on bug Pokemon and wilderness survival. You're there for another reason, although had you known about the new trainer rush you might have made different plans.

You look up at the building. The gym is five stories tall with a dome rising another two stories. It reminds you more of a temple or museum or government building than a gym. Limestone columns thicker than a Steelix rise from the ground to the top of the structure. The walls contain reliefs of Nidokings and Nidoqueens fighting off Rhydon and Rhyperior, with occasional Onix or Golumn looking on. The entrance itself is carved in to the basin of a colossal, fifteen-meter tall relief of Groudon roaring at the sky, with intense lights shining down upon him from overhead.

You remember hearing this was a ground gym once. The leader apparently hasn't bothered with remodeling the outside.

The inside is equally spectacular and strange for a bug gym. The entrance rotunda is almost half the size of the building. A statue of Zygarde stands imposingly in the center. Around it are taxidermy displays of local ground-type Pokemon with informational plaques.

The room is far from dead and empty. Young children rush about, some traveling in groups led by adults or at least older bug catchers and some roaming freely. There is a reception desk, but it is unmanned. You decide to take a moment and at least look at the displays in the rotunda while you wait. Eventually someone wearing the gym uniform speedwalks to the desk and scans a calendar. Before she can leave you approach the desk and say hello.

She glances up at you and returns the pleasantry before looking straight down at the calendar again. "Someone else will be here to help you shortly," she off-handedly says before pressing a button on the desk. "Anyone not tied up right now should come by the desk."

You tell her you're here for a battle. You don't particularly want to wait until this place calms down, whenever that might be.

"The gym isn't taking challengers right now," she replies. It's calm, but there's a definite possibility it won't stay that way if you keep pressing. Listening to the din of ten-year-olds talking excitedly about their new Pokemon and gym staff members trying to maintain order, you can see why. Still, you press on. You don't want to wait until the new trainers leave for the gym to reopen.

"I'm not new at training and I came for a gym battle."

The woman exhales with a note of anger and glares at you. "Fine. I'll deal with you quickly," she mutters before storming off, beckoning for you to follow.

You've apparently met the gym leader and she's not happy with you.

As for the arena itself, you're surprised by its simplicity. The arena is entirely indoors and dimly lit. But there are rocks, tress, water and grass. The only differences from a standard battlefield you can detect are the light, air that is slightly more humid than usual and air currents that seem to be coming from above, pressing you down a bit as you stand.

The leader walks around the edges of the field to her side of the arena. You stay in the challenger's box and a referee steps out on a balcony somewhere above you to watch over the fight.

When she gets to the other side of the field, the leader gives her condensed speech and the referee signals for the battle to start.

"I'm Beatrice. I'm the new gym leader. I like bug types. Singles. Four Pokemon each. Go."

Mechanics:
-Light Mist: +1 BP to Water moves, -1 BP to Fire moves when no weather is active.
-Light Mist: Burn does not reduce attack, but does do damage.
-Ceiling fans: Fly and Bounce have -1/-3 priority for the evasive and damaging phases, respectively.
-Dim lighting: Sunny day can only be summoned with a heat rock.
-Dim lighting: Camouflage turns the user in to a dark type.
-Natural Environment: Nature Power summons Earthquake
-Natural Environment: Secret Power will poison if its effect activates
-Gym Leader's Training: Brick Break can be used to remove Stealth Rock from your side of the field. It only has 6 BP when used this way.
-Gym Leader's Training: Bug-types gain Mold Breaker
-House Rules: Switch-forcing moves used on the gym leader can only summon a Pokemon the gym leader has already revealed.

Leader: Rediamond
W/L/T: 11 / 11 / 0 (50%)
Current Battles: N/A
Arena: Tranquility

It is raining. Water pours down at a steady rate, dampening everything it touches. The whole field is wet. Yet the rain is not oppressive. It is natural. It has been this way for time immemorial.

Before humans there were other apes. Before the apes there were the original mammals. Before them there were reptiles. Before them there were animals somewhere between the two. Before them there were amphibians. Before them there were fish. Before fish there were only invertebrates, creatures without proper skeletons.

They lingered, of course. Their greatest age may have come and gone leaving the seas without trilobites and orthicones and the continents without arthropleura and the largest of dragonflies. But the insects never left. They watched as life marched on around them but seldom saw a need to change themselves. They were the first lifeforms. They were perfect. Why should they change?

Even as ecology produced a cancerous organism that threatened to collapse the whole of the global environment, the insects watched passively. They say that after a nuclear war there would still be the cockroaches. In the buildings long since abandoned by man the insects have returned.

It is raining. Water pours down at a steady rate, dampening everything it touches. The whole field is wet. Yet the rain is not oppressive. It is natural. It has been this way for time immemorial.

The rain is peaceful, the peace that comes from knowing that your survival, if not your victory, is assured. It is destructive. It tears down all pretenses of grandeur. The insects watched the dinosaurs fall and decay until only a handful of bones remained. Boast to them of your importance and longevity. They'll wait. In a million years they will obliterate your buildings and the last of your bodies. You mean nothing to time and time means nothing to the bugs.

Humans always assume that the insects feel small and insignificant. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

-Peaceful Downpour is the default weather condition and can only be changed for four rounds with a weather rock. It has the same effects as rain in activating abilities and changing the base power of types, but all moves are executed as if the weather is clear. Burn's attack drop does not apply while Peaceful Downpour is up
-4x weaknesses use a 2x damage multiplier instead of 2.25x.
-Pokemon with Water STAB will not receive a bonus to the power of water-moves during Peaceful Downpour. Rain can be activated without a weather stone and has the normal duration. It has all of the effects of Peaceful Downpour, except that water-types receive an attack bonus on water moves and moves are executed as if the weather is rainy.
-Bug-types have the effects of Mold Breaker.
-Gym Leader may specify number of mega-evolutions.
-Gym Leader always sends out his Pokemon first and orders second on the first round.

Type: Dark
Leader: JJayyFeather
W/L/T: 7 / 1 / 0 (88%)
Demon Child's Playroom
Format: Singles
Complexity: Moderate
Type: Dark

Having heard that the Dark Gym finally reopened, you hurriedly submitted a request to face him (not really), and you were quite overjoyed when your match was accepted. However, when you arrive to the gym, you quickly find that it is nothing like you have (seen before/had it described to you as), given that the opening room is no longer where the arena appears to be. While you are pondering this, a voice comes over the loudspeaker, deep and partially menacing:

"Looking for the Gym Leader are we?"

Startled, your response takes a little while, but nonetheless is a simple "Yes." The voice responds:

"He awaits you in the playroom. Just a bit forward and to the right."

You take the directions and walk into the playroom, and you are immediately startled with how large this room is, and it seems to be littered with toys everywhere. Like, everywhere. So much even people who keep dirty houses would be a little annoyed with this. You motion to move the toys around, but you stop at the sound of a voice...

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. The Demon Child who lives here would much rather you not touch its toys."

Alarmed by those words of warning, you stand back up, and are immediately confused as to why Ghetsis stands before you.

"Simple, I'm the new Dark Gym Leader. After Team Plasma fell, I needed something to do to keep me busy. Allow me to go over the rules. 3v3 singles, no megas, all that standard stuff. Additionally, the demonic aura in the room suppresses attempts to inflict pain and heal self, and also allows all things to feel the attachment to possessions that the Demon Child feels. Now, I've been waiting so long for this! Let's begin!"

Effects
- Draining Moves no longer heal the user. The EN cost of these moves has been halved to compensate. (Affected moves: Absorb, Leech Life, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Drain Punch, Dream Eater, Horn Leech, Draining Kiss, Oblivion Wing, and Parabolic Charge)
- All Pokemon have the ability Sticky Hold

Codifications
- Nature Power: Dark Pulse
- Secret Power: Flinch
- Camouflage: Dark
Leader: YellowAdminSilver
W/L/T: 5 / 2 / 0 (71%)
Current Battles:
Dragon’s Table
Pt. 1: Undergoing restorations

You shield your eyes with your hand, wary of the light breeze that keeps blowing sand in your face. As you stop to look around, the jagged peaks of southern Sinnoh’s Mt. Coronet range greet you with a hostile stare; you are an intruder in this ancestral valley, an outsider in a secluded dale where few are welcome and even fewer dare speak of.

Behind you lies a wide, solitary plain; before you, a red-haired young man stands, his hands deep inside the pockets of his jet-black coat. A Pokémon with spotless fur and vulpine features sits on either side of the young trainer: to his left, a nine-tailed Pokémon with gold-white fur and burning orange eyes; to his right, a white-furred Pokémon with a dark-grey horn and menacing red eyes. Behind him, an ominous-looking structure projects a dark silhouette onto the star-filled sky.

With the sun having set several hours ago, you have a difficult time trying to make out the large building behind the trainer. It seems to be a large complex, rather than a single building: remnants of tall ramparts and sandstone obelisks are visible on either side of a wide, low-rising staircase. Beyond the staircase, however, lies an imposing structure, its tall windows and wide halls giving the impression of an arcane, age-old temple. The fractured ruins of ancient pillars lay about, but a single, unbroken spire rises taller than all the others on the opposite side of the building. On the far side of the temple, an imposing altar is visible through its open gates, adorned with the massive sculpture of an ancient deity. Behind the draconian figure, a sandstone icon with its wings spread wide, sits a wide window through which the night sky shines clearly.

“First of all, thank you for coming all the way out here. We are aware that this site is anything but accessible, but you’ll see soon enough why we decided to put the gym in this place.” It seems the young trainer is the Gym Leader you’ve been searching for, even though he looks far too young for the position. “I guess you’re wondering what this place is, and why I made you travel all the way here.”

“This is The Dragon’s Table.”

“Centuries ago, this place used to be a place of worship for a religious sect who gathered here in hopes of summoning a dark, powerful creature. You can see its image inside the temple, on the altar—to be precise, this whole place is an altar. This Fell creature could absorb the life energy of other living things, so it was both feared and worshipped by some. It crossed the sea from a distant region once in a blue moon and came to perch north of here, on the peak of Mount Coronet itself. So, this cult gathered here and tried to gain the creature’s power by making sacrifices—human sacrifices. And these were massive sacrifices, with hundreds or thousands of victims at a time. So yes, some truly horrifying things happened here. What we’re trying to do now is to preserve the site, so that it serves as a memorial to all those lives that were lost. We’re trying to restore the spires, starting with these on the south side—”

Suddenly, the Leader stops mid-sentence. “Oh, I apologize. I’m rambling again, and you came here for a gym battle! I didn’t even introduce myself, did I? My name is Silver, and I’m indeed the Dark-type Gym Leader for some reason. Now, you’ll notice that the gloomy temple back there and the cult’s dark magic have had some pretty weird effects over this place, so let’s go over them before we get started.

a) You’ll notice that some of the dark magic that was cast here remains, and it tends to affect the vitality of both people and Pokémon. This means that draining moves have their healing effects nullified, since Pokémon have trouble tapping into others’ life energy. I have a feeling that the Fell creature for which this temple was made would have no trouble draining others’ vitality, though.
b) You’ll also notice that this dark magic tends to strengthen Pokémon with powers over the occult, especially those who rely on things like toxins and mind control. This tends to make Poison- and Psychic-type moves more powerful.
c) As I said earlier, artifacts can be found lying around; this is a battlefield, after all. This means that you may find some useful items around here, so trainers may use items that they haven’t purchased.
d) However, please bear in mind that this is a historical site undergoing a heavy restoration effort. We would appreciate it if Pokémon didn’t knock these relics around mid-battle, so please treat Pokémon as if they had the ability Sticky Hold.

As the Leader grows silent, you wait for him to continue. His gaze moves to a single, darkened cloud overhead, behind which a sliver of the full moon is visible. As the soft breeze carries away its lone companion in the clear sky, the moon shines over the valley, illuminating you and your opponent in a pale, white light. The Leader turns to the temple behind him, as moonlight slowly crawls up through its sandstone walls and reflects off of its shattered windows. Finally, as the clear light of the moon reaches the top of the structure’s tallest spire, you see a faint gleam, as if the Dragon’s Table were set for the upcoming battle. The Leader turns back around towards the battlefield, a slight grin on his face. “Midnight”, he remarks. “We may begin.”

Arena effects
a) All Pokémon gain the ability Sticky Hold on top of their regular abilities.
b) Moves that drain HP in addition to dealing damage have their healing effect nullified. The move Oblivion Wing is exempt from this restriction. [Full list: Absorb, Drain Punch, Draining Kiss, Dream Eater, Giga Drain, Horn Leech, Leech Life, Leech Seed, Mega Drain, Parabolic Charge]
c) Trainers may use items that they have not purchased.
d) The Base Attack Power of Psychic-type moves is boosted by 2BAP, and the Base Attack Power of Poison-type moves is boosted by 1BAP.

Codifications:
a) Camouflage turns the user into a Ghost-type
b) Nature Power calls Confusion
c) Secret Power has a 30% chance to lower the target's Special Attack by one stage

Type: Dragon (Dual)
W/L/T: 1 / 0 / 0
Name: Spear Pillar

Effects
- Moves cannot have their typing altered by any means.
- Dragon Rush loses the flinch chance and instead removes the target's item 100% of the time, a la Knock Off. This is not a secondary effect of the move.
- All moves gain 15% flat accuracy.

Codifications
- All resources are available
- Nature Power calls Ancient Power
- Secret Power has a chance to lower the target's Defense stage by one (1).
- Camouflage turns the user into a Rock type.
Leader: deadfox081
W/L/T: 7 / 9 / 0 (44%)
Arena: Charicific Valley

Deep within the cliffs in southern Johto lies the ancient Charicific Valley. Once just a sanctuary for Charizard this oasis found new life when its inhabitants discovered their Mega Evolutions. The long dormant volcano which engulfs the valley found new life and while eruptions are infrequent the heat is intense. These new conditions allowed the Charizard to reach their full potential as Dragons and this encouraged other Dragon's alike to train themselves in the valley. Now it acts as a haven for all draconic Pokemon, while others find the conditions harsh and near inhospitable.

Throughout the valley one might find rocks, water, grass and anything else that might be useful in a Pokemon battle. However the volcano and this land have began to exhibit special properties which aid the Dragons in defending their valley. With every eruption the very air within the valley has its composition changed. The heat, as well as flammable ash particles in the air make Fire particularly potent here. The molten lava has also begun to change many of the rocks and portions of the cliffs into newly formed metals, making Steel typed forces more powerful. Finally a thick cloud of smog seeps from every crack along the mountain leaving many Poisons in the air, water and even every surface. The Dragons are able to harness these powers to fend off would be invaders.

Almost as prevalent as the Volcano within the valley is the gigantic Charizard statue underneath which battles are contested. The statue of such an ancient and majestic beast imbues a strong sense of pride in not only Charizard but all draconic Pokemon. This need to please the powerful Dragon means that blows which would smite his enemies gain more natural accuracy, particularly those of Poison and Steel properties.

Finally, given it was Mega Evolution that gave the valley its newfound draconic power it is only natural that Charizard and other Pokemon which gain the Dragon typing through Mega Evolution find it easier to do so here. Any Pokemon with such traits may be brought by the Leader, and the Pokemon will be considered Mega Evolved in their Pokeball prior to send out. Battlers may bring two Mega Evolutions throughout the match and as battles are fought with two abilities trainers must specify which of their Pokemon's active abilities are to be replaced upon Mega Evolution if applicable.

Summary
  • Fire, Poison and Steel typed moves have +2 Base Attack Power.
  • Poison and Steel typed moves gain +10% accuracy before any other modifiers
  • Pokemon which gain the Dragon typing through Mega Evolution may be brought by the Leader but must equip their Mega Stone, and are considered Mega Evolved in the Pokeball.
  • Nature Power calls Lava Plume, Camouflage turns the user Fire typed and Secret Power may burn. The arena is outdoors.
  • No other moves are restricted, all weathers are possible.

Battle Format
Pokemon:
3v3
DQ: 48 hours
Items: /B] ALL
Abilities: TWO
Substitutions: THREE
Mega Evolutions: ONE
2 Recovers / 5 Chills

Leader: Texas Cloverleaf
W/L/T: 9 / 6 / 0 (60%)
Arena: The First Lair

Here in the caldera of a long dead volcano the highest caste of Pokemon commune in the way that they know best, they speak a language that is universal to all dragons and all beings, the language of claws and power, of blood and pain, here the dragons fight.

The spoils of victory line the walls of the caves where the natives live, and in the center itself the ground is packed tight and cracked from pressure; for since the dawn of dragons there has never ceased to be a fight. They fight not for power, not for status, they fight because it runs in their marrow. These majestic beings fight because to conquer and subject is in their nature.

This is where the dragons originated. All species of dragons were born in this very place. Here they gathered together and tested their power against each other. This created a pressure of the very essence and soul of dragons that diffuses in the air. Dragons not used to this environment are overwhelmed by the assault of draconic power and as a result cannot harness their own innate abilities until they have adjusted. (Challenger Dragon Pokemon do not receive STAB benefits for 3a of battle time)

Recently, the Dragon Sords convened and granted an outsider special exception among their ranks. Charizard, the Dragon that never was, has been reborn as kith and kin through commune with humans. The Dragon Lords have permitted them into the pack on the condition that they only enter into the lair already in their draconic state. (Charizard may be brought by the Gym Leader and is always Mega evolved, holding Charizardite-X)

The dragons were born to rule and abhor all that would hold them back. This desire fuels the dragon's spirit, the spirit that infuses every substance near the lair. As a result, the tools of the dragons to defeat their natural adversaries are strengthened by the collective desire of all dragons to maintain their rightful place as Lords of all Pokemon. (+2 BAP to Fire-, Poison-, and Steel-type moves)

Hotfix: Rivalry's debuff against opposite gender Pokemon does not occur.

Last edited:

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
Type: Electric
Leader: Dogfish44
W/L/T: 32 / 8 / 0 (80%)
Arena: HMS Tesla
Field Type:
Electric
Format: Doubles

It had always been interesting, the way in which Gyms come and go. Indeed, it was only 10 years ago when it would've been odd for anyone to consider Castelia City hosting the Electric Gym, but it was now. The HMS Tesla stands proudly in the port, although it normally sails a mile away from the port for the purpose of battles. The ship is a fairly standard ship, from the Falklands era. It has been fitted to accommodate battles, and notably on the main deck you can see what appears to be a giant crown - 4 golden arches curve around to support a giant gemstone above the deck.

Entering the ship, you immediately enter what appears to be a relatively fancy restaurant, quite busy. Looking around, there appears to be a window viewing the arena directly, as well as several plasma screens showing the currently empty arena. As you look around, you're greeted by a man in yellow and black attire.

"Hello there, welcome aboard the HMS Tesla. Are you here for the restaurant or the gym? The Gym? Well, this is special, the guests tonight will get a lovely show. We'll probably be ready to battle in about half an hour or so, so until then feel free to sit down and order a coffee."

Indeed, the ship does get rather full, and as the sun sets the ship begins to move out to sea. As you finish your coffee, the man returns - at this stage, you're fairly certain this is the gym leader. You're beckoned outside, and see the arena is stationed below the crown shape. However, you can't take in the beauty before the leader speaks again...

"Emolga, give us some light will ya!"

An Emolga pops out of the leader's Pokéball, and sends a small shot of lighting at the gem in the centre of the crown. It absorbs the electricity and lights up, revealing itself to actually be a giant ThunderStone. Impressive... although, you're surprised to see that the gem seems to be surrounded by some strange contraption hastily thrown together.

"Heh, I know what you're thinkin'. Used to be a lot more noticable, but it suddenly started throwing very powerful sparks out at random, and because we do value our guests, we've surrounded it for safety. Likewise for safety, we've recently installed some new buffering machine from the gym committee - should prevent stronger mons from managing to hurt themselves too much. Oh, we also negate ability immunities unless it is part of that Pokémon itself - that would be the slight tingle you feel when you walk into the arena. Oh, and as per usual...."

The leader snaps his fingers at this point, and you feel drops of rain begin to fall. ".... yep, it's raining. Well, sort of. It's been a bit lighter lately, but still, we do suggest that you go fetch a brolly from inside."

Effects:
  • During "Clear" weather, the effect of Rain occurs, with no increase or decrease in any move BAP.
  • Recoil damage is halved.
  • Abilities which provide an immunity to certain moves (Volt Absorb, Bulletproof, etc.) only function on Pokémon who naturally have said ability.

Codifications:
  • Secret Power can Paralyze
  • Nature Power calls Discharge
  • Arena is outside, Moonlight and Morning Sun both work at the same power level
  • Camouflage makes the user an Electric-Type
  • All moves have access to any external material needed and can hence be used.
  • Krilowatt usually has Shell Armour. This is a hint to STOP ROLLING CRITS ON IT SHOULD THAT BE THE CASE.

Type: Fairy
Leader: Frosty
W/L/T: 0 / 0 / 0
4v4 Gym Doubles (2APR)
DQ: 72h, 1 Warning
3 Substitutions per Pokemon
Abilities: All
Items: On
Z-Moves: 1
Megas: 0

Arena: Imagine the ASB Arena. Only with a lot of fairy dust. Thats it.
Rule 1: Terrains affect all pokemons, grounded or not
Rule 2: Spread moves affect one pokemon only
Rule 3: Hazards are no.
W/L/T: 6 / 5 / 0 (55%)
2 days ago
You hear the obnoxious sound of your dog ferociously barking at the door, signaling that the mailman is here, yet again. You considered ignoring it, but decided to go see what came in the mail today. When you flipped open the mailbox, you saw a letter, stamped with a certain seal. Having never seen something like it, you check the address on it, and realize that it might finally be time. Yep, it is, your gym challenge has been accepted. So, you immediately rush to your room, prepare your pokemon, and set off on your travels to the arena.

Present Day
You arrive at the building, take a moment to check the address, then you go in. When you enter, you see a sign that reads "Continue this way." and has an arrow leading you through a doorway. You do this 3 times, and suddenly you find yourself moving up through a pile of gold, coins, and cash. You think to yourself, this definitely cannot be it. You look behid you for the way out, only to find there is no escape, and so you continue to pace as you moving up. When you emerge from the pile, you spot a gentlemen sitting behind a desk, working hard on...well whatever it is, since you can't tell from here. You take your first step, making a lot of noise as the gold and coins rustle, alerting the worker to your presence. The worker looks up, points in the direction of a hallway, then goes back to work. You carry on, about 0.1 miles forward, and you think you have finally arrived. Now there is another gentlemen, meditating by the spring. Without provocation, he speaks as if he already knew you were here,

"Why, hello there! You must be my opponent for today!"

You struggle to understand how he already knows that you are there, but respond with a simple "Yes" before returning to you silence. The Gym Leader rises up, dusts himself off, and says, "Let me show you around a bit. First, in case this hasn't sunk in yet, we are no less than 150ft beneath the surface. We dwell here because the real world isn't ready to deal with the Fairies yet. There are, a couple alterations though. For example, even though we are very far beneath ground, we do have pretty good lighting here, because we believe that sight is important, and keeps your battling refined. We have 4 naturally occuring springs down here, since creating water tunnels has never been so easy. The grass that you, while artificial, is fundamentally the same as standard grass in the world above, just needed to be reformulaicly developed to respond to the substancde difference in the lighting. Take a look about the certain of the arena.

You lool, and see a massive floating stone, glowing with a light pink aura.

The gym leader continues on, sayng, "It took us a while to understand exactly what that it seemed to get more prevalent as we trained down here more and more. Overall, we figured out that is harness the more float-based and low weight characteristics of the fairies, and transmutes the effect around the arena. We only turn it on when we are battling though, as training in it provides very minimal benefit to us. This increased lightness offsets everyone a little bit in combat, and as a result, makes all attacks hit more often. Moreover, since it is charged wih the aura of Fairy-typed Pokemon, they receive an added bonus while in the presence of the stone, in the form of less exhaustion."

You stare very blankly, trying to take it all in, then recompose yourself, this time with a look of determination, saying, "So shall we get started then?"

The leader smiles, then claps twice. You feel everything begin to change, and a you see a pixie floating above the arena, who says, "Alright, seeing as everyone here knows what the conditions of this battle are, combatants, take your sides, and let's get ready for one hell of a battle!" The pixie turns the stands, which have now filled up, saying, "Welcome to The Pixisphere, hope you enjoy the show!"

Effects
- All Pokemon have their actual weight halved
- All attacks gain 10% Accuracy
- Screening Moves (Light Screen, Reflect, Aurora Veil) reduce BAP by 50%, even in formats larger than Singles.
- 2 Actions per Round.

Codifications
- Camouflage makes the user a Fairy-type
- Nature Power calls the move Earth Power
- Secret Power has a chance to reduce the SpA of the target by 1 stage.
- All resources are available, all weathers are allowed
- Arena is well lit, but inside. So Synthesis/Morning Sun/Moonlight/etc. heal for their middle amount

Leader: Elevator Music
W/L/T: 15 / 5 / 0 (75%)
Current Battles:
The ASB TournamentFairy-type Gym Arena

Surrounded by thousands of screaming Pokemon fansFairy-type Pokemon, the ASBFairy-type Gym Arena can be best described as a standard Pokemon battling arena. In the center of the arena lies a dirt-based floor outlined to show two separate sides (with a white Pokeball center). Surrounding the dirt is a moat filled with water. The moat is about fifteen feet wide and creates a perimeter around the dirt arena. The arena itself is eighty feet wide, one hundred feet long. All moves, weathers, and abilities are legal for the match, since it's an outdoor arena with a large water source and packed dirt. Pokemon must stay in the arena (or the dimensions of the arena in the case of Flying Pokemon, who cannot leave the arena and cannot fly higher than sixty feet). This prevents Pokemon from injuring the crowd watching the tournament. There are ALMOST no outside interruptions by fans, Pokemon, or other elements not associated with the current battle. However, the Fairy spectators are impatient and want to see a match. If a trainer hesitates excessively during the battle (read: goes over DQ), they will swarm and attack.

Summary:
- Standard rules
- If you go over DQ (however slightly), the fairies will brutally murder you [Note: if you post in LOA, or give a not-shitty reason AHEAD OF TIME, I won't DQ you]

Type: Fighting
Leader: Birkal
W/L/T: 14 / 6 / 0 (70%)
Arena: Nowhere in Particular

The hot stench of the metropolis suffocates all newcomers. The streets bustle with activity: businessmen scurry, children yell, and the homeless beg. The hustle-and-bustle city is tireless; it is clockwork. Everyone lives within their own microcosm, content to keep their head down and live another day.

Rather, most are content. There are those who know how to escape. They yearn for something greater, something primal. They gather at a pub down by Main Street and 10th called The Antidote. No, they're not there for the tempting booze or the allure of getting laid. They come to fight. A man with a missing eye and ripping biceps guards the back doorway which presumably leads to the basement. He spits on the ground and address you firmly.

"Oi, where you off to?" he grumbles.

"Nowhere in Particular," you reply candidly.

The man gives a knowing nod and steps out of the way. It worked!

Down and down the concrete stairs go. They lead you into a cavernous underground room. The basement: Nowhere in Particular. Its floor is cold pavement and its brick walls are unforgiving. Metal folding chairs, wobbly card tables, and other materials litter the room. But none of that matters; what catches your eye is the middle of the room. Underneath the flickering fluorescent lights is a battle. A formidable Fighting-type Pokemon slams an unsuspecting foe into the floor with a deafening thud. Its trainer sticks a fist pump of pride into the cool air, as the basement reverberates back to silence.

"Nice fight," calls a blond-haired figure with green pants, sitting backwards in a chair. "But I believe our training is over... We have a visitor."

They both turn towards you. A lithe young woman with short pink hair grunts and stamps her foot into the ground. "LET'S DO THIS."

The blond makes a motion to stop her. "Easy there, Maylene." He approaches you and offers a firm handshake. "Hi there, I'm Birkal!" he says, brimming with enthusiasm. "Welcome to Nowhere in Particular. Or more formally, welcome to Fight Gym. Let me give you a quick rundown on the rules here."

"Number One: The entire gym fight is played as a series of one versus one matches. It is a best of series, meaning that whoever wins the majority of the rounds wins the match. One a Pokemon has fought its round, it remains benched for the rest of the series. The arena is cleared anew after every match; hazards and field effects disappear."

"Number Two: Coin flip determines which battler will choose who sends out the first Pokemon of the match (Right of Way). From there, the loser of each round chooses who sends out first in the following matches."

"Number Three: Both Challenger and Gym Leader may only bring one of each typing, including Mega Evolutions and formes. For example, Avalugg would take up the Challenger's Ice-type slot. Similarly, Noivern would take up the Challenger's Flying-type and Dragon-type slots for the series. Fighting-type is exempt from this rule for the Gym Leader alone. However, the Gym Leader cannot bring two of the same typed Pokemon outside of Fighting-types (e.g. Gallade and Medicham cannot both be brought). Official formes are considered the typing they are upon send-out; should they ever change typing due to forme change, they automatically lose that round. An example would be Rotom leaving its appliance and the challenger has already brought a Dusknoir. An exception to this would be Mega Evolution, as Mega Charizard X, if mega evolved immediately on send-out, will only count as Dragon-type and Fire-type slots."

"Number Four: The Gym Leader may bring Lopunny on her roster; it is forced to Mega Evolve upon send-out."

"Number Five: Ties are allowed in individual match-ups. If both Pokemon are KO'd, the score becomes X - X - 1. In the event of a tie series, the Gym Leader will send out a most powerful Pokemon, one that is banned from competing in normal rounds. This most powerful Pokemon does not take up one of the leader's team slots. In this final match, the challenger may send out any Pokemon they possess, whether they have previously fought in this gym or not. Their selection may break Rule Number Three, meaning they can bring any Pokemon to the tiebreaker, no limits. Finally, the challenger receives the Right of Way in the final round against this most powerful Pokemon."

"Number Six: Referee payout is modified in this gym. In order to cycle through match-ups quickly, pay is determined by the number of match-ups refereed. Payout is earned based on the number of matches refereed in singles, plus a bonus of Pokemon sent out divided in half. In other words, reffing one grants 3 UC + (2 x 0.5) Bonus, two grants 8 UC, three grants 13 UC, four grants 19 UC, five grants 26 UC, and completing the entire series with a tiebreaker grants 34 UC. Referees that pass DQ once (even when on Leave of Absence) are susceptible to being replaced."

"Think you can handle all that?" Birkal asks with a smile. "Let me know if you have any questions."

"UGH, SHUT UP," Maylene shouts angrily. A small crowd emerges from the shadows, their interest is piqued. "ENOUGH CHAT. LET'S GET THIS FIGHT STARTED."

Summarized:
1) Best of Series (1 vs. 1).
2) Battler with Right of Way (granted by coin flip or a loss) will determine who sends out first.
3) Can only bring one of any single type to the fight.

Last edited:

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
Type: Fire
Leader: Toon
W/L/T: 7 / 0 / 0
Arena: Sacred Grove

"You finally got accepted to challenge the Fire Gym! Hope you don't get lost!" One of the members of the Gym Committee smirks as he says this to you as they hand you the coordinates of the gym. Who even gets lost going to the a gym?

Following the instructions of the Gym League people, you rent a Gogoat, mount it and enter a strange forest. "Search for the Sound of Music", the instructions said.

"What a lousy advice. How can I find Music in these Woods?" - You say to yourself.

Still, you heard that the Fire Gym was an easy target, so you move on. Somewhere in the trail, you feel...weird, as if you were not there anymore...or as if "there" wasn't there anymore.

You and your rented Gogoat continue to move forward, following the trail. You can find footprints of many species...and yet you don't recognize any of them. Also, the woods seem to...shine? Despite being really late, there are enough sources of light around, allowing you to see your way quite clearly.

After a good hour, the trail divides into two. Before falling to despair, you manage to hear a faint sound. A song of sorts. Well...strap me a bow and call me Snubbull, music in the woods. You decide to follow it and in no time you find...

GAAAAHHH!!!

You yell, after seeing the such an odd kid. Needless to say, your Gogoat fled before you could say "what the fuck".

"Heheh, Are you looking for someone, big guy?" - The kid asks.

You look at the instructions and respond "I'm looking for a place called 'Sacred Gr-'"

The kid interrupts you, "Oh! You're here to fight the fire guy? This will be fun to watch, Tee Hee! Follow the music and look for a ruins, that'll lead you right to him!"

Before you could even thank him, he disappears in a blink of an eye. No point in wondering where the kid went, you're just ready to get your badge and never come back here again.

The music grow louder and louder and you finally spot hopefully the ruins that kid was talking about! You find the energy of excitement once again and run into the place. You shout desperately for the Gym Leader hoping you didn't waste many hours coming here with no battle.

"I'm coming, I'm coming! Jeez. Welcome to the Sacred Grove my friend! After traveling this far into the woods, you would think this was the Grass Gym huh? Well the first Fire Gym Leader tried to find this place to use it as his own arena, but unfortunately after about 14 battles he got tired of being lost in the woods and decided to go be the Ice Gym Leader. I decided to search for the temple he's been talking about since no one was too excited to help him out and what do you know! Sadly it is in ruins, but hey it's still a pretty place eh?"

You agree this place is pretty with all its shimmering greenery as well as the pixies and fairies adventuring through the woods, but at this point you don't care about his backstory and is ready to fight.

"Alright, I won't bore you any longer. Let's get this party started."

Immediately as those words leave his mouth, the fairies stopped what they were doing and became attracted to the temple.

"Looks like you got an audience to please. Don't fail to entertain them!"

Format: 3 v 3 Gym Singles (leader b6p3)
DQ: 3 Days, 1 Warnings
Substitutions: 3 per Pokemon
Mega Evolutions: 1
Z-Moves: None
Recoveries / Chills: 2 / Infinite per Pokemon
Arena: Sacred Grove
Turn Order: Coin Flip

Effects:

-All resources are available here; Water, Grass, Rock, with the exception of Fissure, Hail, and Sand (unless they have their respective stones). Don't want to damage these ruins even more by leaving a gaping crack in the middle of it.
-Grassy Terrain is always up, if another terrain is summoned, they stack together....The temple is covered in greenery grass and flowery flowers. 'nuff said.
-Hazards may not be placed and Sport moves have their duration lowered by 3 actions The Gym Leader and the Fairy audience prefer you not to place down any hazardous objects like Rocks or dangerous spikes as a fairy may accidentally trigger them and get hurt in the process...You don't want to see a group of fairies be mad at you, you've seen what a Mega Gardevoir can do.
-No flinches with the exception for Fake Out The fairies fill the temple with energy, making your Pokemon more courageous and filled with high spirits. Not a lot of things can make them shudder.
-Every Pokemon can use Dazzling Gleam The fairies have seen some of the interesting battles the old Fire Leaders in the past have had and they want to be involved as well!
-Air Lock and Cloud Nine have no effect/disabled The constant pressure in the air of these abilities make the fairies feel restricted and uncomfortable. They'll use their own magic to counter them to be free if they need to.
-Pokemon forced out by a Switch-Forcing Move or Red Card, the Pokemon's trainer can choose which Pokemon replaces it spot The fairies' last act of kindness for the Gym Leader and Challenger is using their powers to change the effects of certain moves and item to allow the trainers to be more free and choose their own path

Codifications:

-Camouflage makes the user Grass Type
-Nature Power calls Energy Ball

-Secret Power has a 30% chance to Burn
W/L/T: 11 / 3 / 0 (79%)
Current Battles:
Arena: Lost Woods

Following the instructions of the Gym League people, you rent a Gogoat, mount it and enter a strange forest. "Search for the Sound of Music", the instructions said.

"What a lousy advice. How can I find Music in these Woods?" - You say to yourself.

Still, you heard that the Fire Gym was an easy target, so you move on. Somewhere in the trail, you feel...weird, as if you were not there anymore...or as if "there" wasn't there anymore.

"I knew I shouldn't have eaten those nachos..." - You speak loudly to yourself before dismissing the feeling entirely.

You and your rented Gogoat continue to move forward, following the trail. You can find footprints of many species...and yet you don't recognize any of them. Also, the woods seem to...shine? Despite being really late, there are enough sources of light around, allowing you to see your way quite clearly.

"Too many weird Fireflies here...well, at least it isn't dark" - you think. Well, aren't you naive?

After a good hour, the trail divides into two. Before falling to despair, you manage to hear a faint sound. A song of sorts. Well...strap me a bow and call me Snubbull, music in the woods. You decide to follow it and in no time you find...

GAAAAHHH!!!

You yell, after seeing the such an odd kid. Needless to say, your Gogoat fled before you could say "what the fuck".

"Heheh, Are you looking for someone, big guy?" - The kid asks.

"Erm...I am looking for the Fire Gym Leader." - You answer.

"I don't know any 'Fire Gym Leader', Tee Hee Heee! But if you want some fire, there is this guy here who has been wandering around for quite some time. He was with a strange Fox with Nine Tails and a Flaming big Pig. Maybe he is the one you are looking for? If so just follow the music." - The kid says.

After thanking the kid you follow the music, running as fast as you can for some time when suddenly...

THUD

"Ouch! That hurts! You should pay attention!"

"Sorry! I was looking for the Fire Gym Leader. I was told by a very scary kid that he was here" - You say.

"Ah, then look no further, I am the guy you are looking for. I am Frosty, Fire Gym Leader, owner of the Bonfire Badge, at your service"

"Awesome! Then let's head to your gym so I can defeat you!" - You say.

"Well...here is the thing. I heard that there is some kind of abandoned temple here from where this music is supposed to come, so I thought I might as well open my gym there, since I like music and why not? But I can't seem to find it haha. So we will battle here! Just don't disturb the fairies and spirits of the woods and you will be fine trust me you won't want to disturb them."

You take a good while to check your surroundings and you notice the following aspects of the Woods:

- There is a water pond, grass source, some rocks and you can see the sky. And the sun is starting to raise and shine amid the treetops. Every move can be used here, with the sole exception of Fissure, as that will probably disturb the woods, and that would be bad. Also, you don't think you will manage to summon Hail or Sandstorm without the respective stones;
- Dense Woods means that spread moves (Surf, Hyper Voice, Lava Plume, Heat Wave, Blizzard, Rock Slide etc etc etc) won't....spread that easily. Also, the sturdy roots weaken the power of EQ, Bulldoze and Magnitude. Spread moves will have the damage dealt multiplied by 0.67 instead of just the bap by 0.75 when used in doubles+;
- No move or ability or item, with the sole exception of Fake Out, can Flinch. All pokemon are already scared enough at the Woods, they won't pay attention at trickery for the most part.
- You are in the middle of a forest, so Grassy Terrain is always up, stacking with other "terrains".
- The trees won't allow you to see much far. While you can recognize the pokemon in front of you, the same can't be said about the ones in the bench, waiting for an opportunity to come in. Luckily for you the same applies to the leader you are facing. The Teams of the players are hidden and only the pokemon sent out are revealed.
- Finally, the forest seems so ominous that you can't help but worry about your own safety. You feel you should either use only one pokemon at a time and keep the others for protection or send two at once have them protect each other and act only when there is an opening. The Leader seems to not care either way and is waiting for you to make the first move. The Challenger can choose to do the battle in Singles or Doubles format and is the first to send out pokemon. On doubles format each pokemon will have only 2 actions per round.

"You are quite the observer, haha. It seems that you are ready, so let's begin this. En Garde!"

Summary
- All moves, except for Fissure, can be used. Hail and Sand can't be summoned without the respective stones.
- Instead of using the 0.75 BAP multiplier, the entire damage dealt by a spread move is multiplied by 0.67. So the formula is: ((BAP [Ignore standard spread modifier] *Screens + stuff - stuff)*Weakness/Resistance+Stat Stage Differences+Type-Specific-Item)*0.67 = Damage
- No flinches (except for fake out)
- Grassy Terrain is always up, stacking with others if needs be
- The challenger chooses if the battle will be singles or doubles. Any challenge made without specifying the battle format will be considered illegal and will be ignored for all intentions and purposes. Also the challenger always sends out first on the first round (therefore orders last).
- For Doubles, pokemon only acts twice per round.
- Each Player can only see the pokemon their opponent has sent out. The pokemon sent to the ref will remain a secret until their trainer chooses to send them out.

Type: Flying
Leader: P2X7
W/L/T: 2 / 0 / 0
Arena: The Old, Abandoned Meteor Falls Where All Those Teens Disappeared One Year Ago, Today
Field Type: Flying
Restrictions: Limited Weather (see description)
Description:

Meteor Falls: important stop in any Hoennite's journey to the top, favored sojourn of that region's champion, and former site of a Flying Gym. This Gym was very short-lived, as the Gym League lost contact with the leader during his first match, and most challengers were lost, as well. The Gym League quickly found a replacement, and the Gym fell to obscurity. However, tales soon arose of a party of teenagers who vanished without a trace while searching for the site of the Gym; these stories are often used to spook younger Hoennites, but it is hard to find someone who doesn't believe them on some level.

Nevertheless, you have heard rumors that the Gym is again accepting challengers, so you head to the Hoenn region to investigate these reports, armed with a flashlight and your wits. Remembering that the cave is home to an excessively large amount of Zubat, you have entered the base floor with an equal amount of Repel spray. However, the dark history of the gym lurks in the back of your mind, and you can't shake a feeling of unease, almost like something is watching you.

Unfortunately, finding the Gym for which you are looking is not exactly the easiest task, as the information you gathered was somewhat ambiguous; "Meteor Falls" leaves much to be desired. As a result, you are left to pause and carefully plot out your next move.

Suddenly, a dark shape flits across your peripheral vision. Starting, you attempt to follow the blur with your light, but it is nowhere to be found. As your adrenaline level rises, your composure begins to dissipate, climaxing when the shape dives toward you as a terrifying, yet somewhat familiar, shriek pierces the air. You recoil in fear and drop your torch, which shuts off upon impact with the ground, prompting you to scrabble about the floor to find the implement.

When the flashlight is once again in your grasp, you turn the beam on the silhouette, revealing a small Zubat. As it hovers in the air in front of you, ignoring the copious amount of Repel in use, you recall an apocryphal piece of information: That eccentric of a leader made his lair in a cave, using Zubat to communicate with potential challengers. Feeling as if you have found an important clue as to the Gym's authenticity, you cautiously step forward. The Zubat darts a few meters away, then halts, wheeling to face you as if to beckon you towards it. You oblige, as the Pokemon seems your best shot at finding the Gym.

The Zubat brings you to one of the bodies of water found in the system and waits for you to devise a means of following it. You release a Pokemon capable of carrying you across oceans with Surf, and the Zubat darts to a nearby waterfall. Upon its arrival at its destination, the Pokemon crawls into a cranny in the stone abutting said waterfall and disappears.

Seeing only one way to proceed and noticing the silhouette of your guide behind the torrent, you push through the crashing waterfall and emerge into a small cavern. You immediately perceive a drastic difference in temperature; whereas the main system was damp and cool, this area is marked by a somewhat oppressive heat. Furthermore, the floor is covered by billowing clouds of fog, through which a handful of small, red lights glitter eerily. Several Solrock float through the air at various positions, casting a bright light that illuminates the rest of the area, which is revealed to be a rather large, dome-shaped room reaching dimensions of 20 x 20 x 40. Markings on the ground indicates that this is clearly an arena of sorts, and a sizable meteorite, streaked with rivulets of an unknown, red mineral and lodged in the center of the field, marks the center of the zone designated for combat.

The Zubat you followed here reappears from its hiding spot and swiftly maneuvers toward a person, whom you assume to be the leader, standing in the corner of the cave with his back turned to you, seemingly observing a vein of red ore identical to that visible in the meteorite and recording what he sees in a notepad. He greets the Pokemon as it arrives, then turns to face you and approaches.

"I assume that you are here to challenge the Gym, eh?" the man states; he attempts to continue, but you interrupt him to ask about the rumors that brought you here. The man sighs. "Yes, the Gym is open, and I am its leader. I have been In my defense, though, how was I supposed to know that a dimensional rift lay beneath the cavern floor? That provoked the Zygarde intervention, and—" he shakes his head, then says "I am rambling; that is a story for another day. Anyway, after that fiasco ended, I discovered that the Gym Committee had already found my replacement. Eventually, though, I was called upon once more to reopen the gym, which I gladly answered."

Again, you cut in, inquiring about the stories of missing teenagers. The leader rubs the bridge of his nose and says, with a hint of irritation in his voice, "That is merely an urban legend! Yes, a group of kids did enter my cave last year, but they are fine; granted, they encountered the Zygarde in its full glory, but they fled, unharmed, to Fallarbor Town. The media exaggerated the whole ordeal, though, and the entire region has been afraid of my little cave, here, ever since." He affixes his gaze on you. "I have no more time to spend disputing such tales. Do you wish to challenge my gym?" You nod in affirmation, and the leader clears his throat and says:

"Well, then, I should inform you that there are a few special conditions in play here:

-"By now, you've probably noticed the abundance of Solrock here. Their incandescence provides a wonderful substitute for true sunlight,
providing all effects of Sunny Day. However, exposure to the red ore has changed the Pokemon in unexpected ways, causing them to emit a great deal of heat, as well. As a result, the weather effect reduces the power of Ice-type attacks, rather than Water-type attacks. Also, due to the subterranean environment of the arena, the weather cannot be altered unless the user is holding the appropriate weather rock.

-"I have long known this cavern to cast an aegis of sorts over its inhabitants, but it, too, has changed since I discovered the red ore. Watch this."

The leader tosses a Pokeball to the ground, releasing a Ledyba. He caresses the Pokemon's head, causing a rippling, green light to trace the path drawn by his fingers before vanishing moments later.

"Don't ask me how it works—I did not even know how the last protection functioned—, but this new fortification dampens the strength of strikes that would otherwise be crippling while affecting weaker blows less tangibly. If I were to put a number to this occurrence, I would say that it reduces the damage modifier of all moves with a type effectiveness of 4x to 2x, rather than 2.25x.

-"If you look around, you'll notice that the walls are studded with a special gemstone that closely resembles Pinsirite. The high concentrations of what appears to be a raw form of the Mega Stone has convinced the Gym League to
allow me to bring Pinsir to all matches that take placed in this area. However, as a result of the immense energy exuded from the natural Pinsirite when sent out, a primal sense is awakened inside the Pokemon, and it refuses to hold any item that is not Pinsirite, Mega Evolving immediately upon send-out."

-"The plentiful amount of rocks is sufficient to fling during a brawl. The ground here is surprisingly fertile and allows the growth of mosses, but when that fails, I have a collection of houseplants stashed in various corners of the cavern. The waterfall through which you entered, besides being an excellent target at which to practice launching fireballs, is an abundant source of flowing water. You can probably deduce from my rambling that there are no restrictions to any moves here."

- "Although the majority of the Zygarde left the cave after the issue was resolved, a few cells lingered to monitor my activities. Somehow, the things record my conversations and send them back to the main Pokemon. You probably have seen their lights through the fog, already, as they glow for some reason, and, if you can invoke the Power(,) of Nature, you can draw upon the Pokemon's power to assist yourself in battle."

-"Oh, and another thing." The leader glances upwards. Following his gaze, you notice a massive colony of Zubat roosting at the ceiling of the cave. "Try not to disturb them. Their discomfort is expressed in quite the cacophonous manner. I suppose that a Pokemon so disposed might purposely trigger the colony's disruption by certain methods—say, Secret Power—but I feel that those individuals are quite impolite."

-"Finally, timeliness is essential here; potential challengers usually manage to find my gym in rapid succession, spurred by the same rumors that you heard, and I shall need a while to answer their questions, as well. I thus issue you a single warning: if you tarry in your challenge, I shall "call in" a report to the Zygarde; said report is usually baseless," the leader gives you a stern look, then continues, "but it is nevertheless in your best interest to evacuate my gym after I do so."

Summary:
- The default weather is, for the purposes of all Abilities, moves, and other pertinent mechanics, a duplicate of Sun, but it reduces the Base Attack Power of Ice-type attacks, rather than Water. The only weather that can be called without the use of its respective weather rock is Sun.
- The damage modifier of 4x effective attacks is x2.
- Roost has +1 priority. A Pokemon that uses Roost retains all resistances and immunities granted by the Flying type until the end of the action.
- Mega Pinsir may be brought by the leader, but it must hold Pinsirite and must Mega-Evolve immediately upon send-out.
Codifications:
- Nature Power calls Thousand Arrows.
- Camouflage changes the user into a Ground-type.
- Secret Power rolls to Confuse.
- There are no restrictions on external water and grass sources.

Battle Rules
4v4 Gym Doubles
3 Day DQ, 1 Warning
All Items
All Abilities
Infinite Chills / Recoveries
Switch=OK
3 Substitutions
0 Mega Evolutions
Leader: jas61292
W/L/T: 4 / 6 / 0 (40%)
A few miles off the coast of land a large pillar sticks out of the ocean. It reaches up into the clouds, the top blocked from view when the sky is not clear. Atop the pillar lies a square battlefield, traditional in almost every sense. However, a few important differences set this place apart from your standard Pokemon arena.

First of all, the pillar itself is hollow and filled with water, that creates a pool at the fields center, giving combatants a water source other than the sea miles below. Secondly, the field itself is exceptionally thin, and as such all Pokemon who attempt to bury through it will plummet to their demise if they cannot keep themselves aloft. Finally, at each corner of the field are pillars with what appear to be nest-like structures at the top. These features allow sky based Pokemon to rest their wings more easily.

But what is even more important than the physical features of the arena are the natural effects of the location. Due to its location above the tropical seas and the directness of the sun's rays, hail turns to rain before it ever reaches the ground. Additionally, a lack of sand makes summoning a sandstorm impossible.

However, the most prominent feature of the gym is the wind. At this high altitude, strong winds are nearly a constant. The prevailing air currents bring big gusts in from the west on a regular basis, from right behind where the gym leader stands. This provides a constant effect similar to a Tailwind at one third of normal strength for the gym leader's Pokemon. In addition, the strong winds also amplify moves that use their effects, boosting their power and their accuracy as.

Summary:

• No Sandstorm or Hail
  • The thin battle platform prevents Dig.
    • Well technically using Dig will just cause the digging Pokemon to plummet thousands of feet into the water below, putting them out of bounds and knocking them out of the battle.
    • Flying and Levitating Pokemon who won't fall can still use Dig, but it won't actually do anything.
    • Seriously though, this is the flying gym. Why would you be using Dig anyways?
    • All other attacks are allowed.
  • Energy Cost of Roost reduced by 1.
  • Permanent Tailwind-like effect on Gym Leaders side (provides 1.33x speed boost)
  • Wind Based attacks have their base accuracy increased by 10% up to a maximum of 100%
  • Wind Based attacks have base power increased by 2
  • Wind based moves include the following: Hurricane, Razor Wind, Gust, Twister, Air Slash, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Heat Wave, Icy Wind (There may be others that I am forgetting)
  • Changes to the accuracy of attacks due to the wind are factored in before any other effects, such as stage boosts to accuracy or evasion.
  • All effects, including the power boost to wind moves and the Tailwind effect, are arena effects, not weather effects, and thus can not be negated by Cloud Nine, Air Lock or other such effects.

Type: Ghost
Leader: zarator
W/L/T: 20 / 11 / 0 (65%)
Format
3v3 Singles (Leader brings 6)
Abilities: One
Items: ON
Substitutions: 2
Mega Evolutions allowed: 1

Arena: The Forlorn Graveyard
Restrictions: None

People have stopped burying people in this abandoned graveyard for centuries, but there is still an eerie aura all over the place. The grass looks more grey than green (despite this not affecting Grass-type moves at all), and most Pokemon and people avoid the place instinctively. Some trainers however still visit this place to strengthen the link with their Pokemon, especially Ghost-type ones. A still lake formed in a fissure in the ground, however the dark water makes it impossible to see what lies in its depths

The odd aura of this graveyard has several effects in battle:
  • Focus Blast has 100% accuracy, and the base power of Aura Sphere and Hidden Power is raised by (2). It is very easy to focus one's own soul in this place.
  • Will-O-Wisp has 100% accuracy. There are always wisps floating around to provide decent enough fodder for this wicked spell.
  • Pain Split has its base energy cost reduced by (2), and all draining attacks are empowered as if the Pokemon were holding Big Root, but without incurring the extra energy cost (this effect doesn't stack with Big Root itself). Life energies are easier to drain and consume in this place.
  • There are some leftover scrap parts, scattered around the arena. Rotom can tap into them, raising its Special Attack and Special Defense by 1 rank as long as it stays in its original form (without any appliance).

Last edited:

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
Type: Grass
W/L/T: 9 / 6 / 0 (60%)
The ASB TournamentGrass-type Gym Arena

Surrounded by thousands of screaming Pokemon fansGrass-type Pokemon, the ASBGrass-type Gym Arena can be best described as a standard Pokemon battling arena. In the center of the arena lies a dirt-based floor outlined to show two separate sides (with a white Pokeball center). Surrounding the dirt is a moat filled with water. The moat is about fifteen feet wide and creates a perimeter around the dirt arena. The arena itself is eighty feet wide, one hundred feet long. All moves, weathers, and abilities are legal for the match, since it's an outdoor arena with a large water source and packed dirt. Pokemon must stay in the arena (or the dimensions of the arena in the case of Flying Pokemon, who cannot leave the arena and cannot fly higher than sixty feet). This prevents Pokemon from injuring the crowd watching the tournament. There are ALMOST no outside interruptions by fans, Pokemon, or other elements not associated with the current battle. However, the spectators are impatient and want to see a match. If a trainer hesitates excessively during the battle (read: goes over DQ), they will swarm and attack.

Summary:
- Standard rules
- If you go over DQ the spectators will brutally murder you. LOAs will be judged on a case-by-case basis, but don't push it.

Match Format
3v3 Gym Singles
Hard 2 Day DQ (3 for refs)
3 Subs
All abilities
Items on
2 recoveries / 5 Chills
1 Mega
Standard arena
Leader: Pwnemon
W/L/T: 7 / 3 / 0 (70%)
Welcome to Pwnemon's Nature Emporium!

...What, are you surprised that I'm leading you indoors? You say a Nature Emporium should be out in nature? You know I'm always in pursuit of the best: Nature wasn't natural enough for me, so I made an arena that was supernatural! No, wait, that word's been taken... HYPERNATURAL! Pwnemon's Hypernatural Emporium. I like it.

Anyway, what do we do in here? We stimulate the senses of grass-type Pokemon by rapidly cycling between all the common natural types of weather—sun, rain, and sandstorms (no, you're not the first person to point out that sandstorms aren't common, shut up and battle me). Such stimulation drives these Pokemon into overdrive, unleashing their full natural talent. This environment, being most reminiscent of their home, also calms them and snaps them into focus, giving them all the ability Inner Focus alongside their normal abilities! So yeah, aside from the panda store in the back room, that's basically all we do here. Now let's battle!

Summary: (if youre really too lazy to read my minimal flavor smh)
  • Cycles between Rain, Sand, and Sun every round
  • Grass-types all have Inner Focus

Type: Ground
Leader: S0L1D G0LD
Arena: Chemical Swamp
Field Type: Ground/Poison
Format: 3v3 Singles / 4v4 2APR Doubles

Restrictions:

No Grass Sources

Flavor (Disclaimer: I am not a writer):

The smell of dirt and fresh air permeates your surroundings, but by now you have grown used to the aroma. After three days of hiking, you are beginning to run low on patience, and question why you wanted to challenge this gym in the first place. After all, the leader definitely seems to be a kook of some sort, given his sporadic and random activity and peculiar taste in location. You open your map once again, a well-used and mostly-faded piece of parchment, and deduce that you mustn't be far from your destination. The guide who bestowed the chart upon you had mentioned that the gym was about four-and-a-half miles off the grid through rough terrain, and by your calculations, you wager that you'll be there by sundown. Thus, with a renewed sense of vigor, you push onward toward the fabled site.

After another hour or two or travel, you begin to notice a difference in the atmosphere. No longer do the Bug- and Flying-type Pokemon emit their cries; the familiar sounds of fauna are now replaced by an eerie silence. You also detect a peculiar odor, but it is faint enough to be unrecognizable. Several dozen meters ahead, you notice a battered sign which marks what appears to be the entrance to a camp or other private property.

As you draw close to the entryway, you are stopped dead in your tracks by the sudden intensification of the scent surrounding the area. The acrid smell is now clearly that of many harsh chemicals, a choking fog which the land before you seems to be emitting. You are now close enough to read the beat-up wooden sign, which simply states "Ground Gym. Property of Solid Gold." Covering your face with whatever rag you can find on your person, you trudge forward, determined to find the leader of this establishment and compete for your reward.

A simple dirt path leads up a shallow incline, and you follow it. The toxins in the air sti your eyes, but you are able to make out the features of the land around you. The leaves of the trees and blades of grass appear to be unusually bright, almost blinding in intensity, and stand resilient to the subtle breeze blowing through the air. In the distance you can see a good-sized lake and a small cabin, with a man standing outside and staring absentmindedly out over the water. You make your way up to the building, and the man turns in response to your approach. Your exposure to the chemicals of the land have now left you feeling faint, but you are still able to notice that the man is wearing a complex respirator, which ever-so-slightly muffles his speech as he addresses you.

"May I help you?"

In response to the man's question, you explain to him that you have traveled to challenge the gym, and that you wish to see the leader.

"That would be me," the man replies. "I am the leader of this gym. Judging by your appearance, you seem to have been worn out by the journey here, and thus would not to want any more time to be squandered. That's fine, because neither do I. Before we begin, though, we should go over the rules of the arena."

The man pauses momentarily, and walks to the edge of the water. He then turns to face you and continues his explanation.

"I'm sure that you've noticed the chemicals by now. This site was subject to devastating government tests a few decades back."

The man pauses once again, laughing dryly as he utters his next sentence.

"That's part of how I got the place for so cheap. It was bad enough before the Muk moved in, but the stuff they put in the water drew the damn things like catnip."

The man gestures to the lake behind him, and you notice that several large Muk and Grimer appear to be lurking underneath the surface of the water.

"At any rate, the lake gives off a sickening effect to those who are unable to neutralize its toxins. As a result, you'll find that most Pokemon have a harder time evading while in this environment. What's more, it seems to act as a painkiller for others, rendering them unaware of the damage they inflict upon themselves themselves when they attack. Finally, we rarely experience precipitation in these parts, and the sun seems more than willing to shine relentlessly in its place, rendering the arena in harsh sunlight."

As the man finishes his description, you begin to feel quite ill, and teeter back and forth. Noticing your condition, the leader speaks once more.

"Oh, and one last thing," he says. "If you want to last much longer here, you'll need one of these."

Reaching into his coat, the leader produces a second mask, identical to the one which he is wearing. Upon fitting it to your skull, you begin to feel better, and can clearly hear the leader's final words.

"Now, then, let us begin."

Description:

A once-verdant clearing in the thick of the White Forest, modern radioactive testing and chemical dumping has turned what was formerly a paradise for many Pokemon into a festering toxic wasteland. The arena measures approximately 25x28 square feet, and the barren landscape is pocked with dead trees and murky pools. Disguised to appear healthy, the heavily-polluted lake, located in the northwest quadrant of the arena, has been dyed an unnaturally bright shade of blue, and all forms of indigenous vegetation have been replaced by synthetic rubber alternatives.

Effects:

• Pokemon which are not Ground-types, Poison-types, or Steel-types or do not possess at least one (1) of the abilities Poison Heal, Magic Guard, or Immunity have their natural evasion stage lowered by one (1).
  • Ground-Type Pokemon do not receive recoil damage from recoil attacks. Ground-Type Pokemon in possession of the ability Rock Head reduce the energy cost of recoil attacks by two (2).
  • The default weather in the arena is permanent Sun. Only Sun and Sandstorm may be summoned without the appropriate weather stone. At the conclusion of any weather effect other than Sun the weather reverts to Sun
  • Damaging-Evasive moves may be used to attack without entering the evasive stage. Attacks performed in this fashion are designated with the (Strike) command, and are executed at a reduced energy cost which is equal to two-thirds of the move's original value.

Codifications:

Nature Power calls Venom Drench.
Camouflage changes the user's type to Ground.
Secret Power has a 30% chance to lower Speed by one (1) stages.
Leader: Its_A_Random
W/L/T: 11 / 9 / 0 (55%)
Arena: Ground Gym the not useless
Field Type
: Ground
Complexity: Intense
Format: All

Description: The arena is a cave in a desert with smooth sand floor. There are several lights designed to pierce the disguises of Pokémon and there is an opening in the roof that allows sunlight to beam down on the arena. The sunlight can be overridden with sandstorm (or rain and hail with the appropriate weather rock) but when that disappears, then the sunlight comes back. The sandy floor allows for Pokémon to dig through with ease and there are also traces of Ampersandium in the arena, with Nature Power calling the strongest of "and" moves: Land's Wrath (which is also slightly stronger here).

Mechanics:
  • Nature Power calls Land's Wrath and Land's Wrath has its BAP increased by one (1). Secret Power has a 30% Chance to lower the foe's Speed by 1 Stage.
  • Default Weather is Sun. When the effects of a weather effect expires, then it goes back to sunlight.
  • The mixture of sand and dirt makes Dig easier to execute and gain height on attack, reducing its Energy cost by 2 and enabling the user to hit a Levitating target irrespective of Size Class.
  • Pokémon cannot have their typing altered through any means, while Double Team and Illusion have no effect. The sunlight shines so bright that alongside the specific lights, they expose all disguises.
  • No Natural Grass
  • No External Water
  • Rain and Hail require their respective weather rocks to summon.
Summary: Sun, none of this disguise/protean/uncompetitive crap, L&'s Wrath, easy dig!

Type: Ice (Dual)
W/L/T: 6 / 0 / 0
3v3 Singles
All Abilities
Items On
2 Day DQ
1 Mega
1 Z-Move
Arena: Default weather is hail. Non-hail weathers can only be summoned with a weather rock.
W/L/T: 9 / 4 / 0 (69%)
Arena: Snowpeak Ruins

"Turn right, then left, move along the road until you feel strange then swim to the center of the local lake, then be blasted by a cannon northeast, then ski race a yeti, then..."

You read loud the instructions from the Gym People. While you were skeptical at first, the lovely trip via Cannon made you a believer. To be more accurate it made you a fried chicken, but hey you lived!

"...my head hurts, my legs hurt and my pants are forever ruined. I hope this leader is as easy as they say" - You say to yourself and you look for the yeti.

After a short walk, you reach the end of the road and no yeti to be found. But you found what appears to be a note for you:

YETO WENT HOME
JUMP ON YETO LEAF
SLIDE ON LEAF
NOT DIE

"...oh joy."

And sliding you did. The firt ten seconds were amusing, the 5 second after that were enjoyable and the last 225 seconds were absolutely terrifying. Luckily for you, your pants were already ruined amirite?

You end your sliding and face a big, apparently haunted mansion.

"A haunted mansion. Of course. Just my luck" - You say to yourself.

You enter the door and explore the place just to find...

PUSH

"ME YETO. WHAT YOU DOING ON YETO HOME?!"

"...argh. Was that really necessary? I am looking for the Ice Gym Leader." You say.

"NOSY FROSTY DUDE WITH ICE BUG HAS MY PUMPKIN SOUP! SMELL PUMPKIN, FIND NOSY DUDE! YETO CAN'T GO, HAS TO TAKE CARE OF YETA. SMACK HIM FOR TAKING YETO PUMPKIN SOUP!" - Yeto said before directing you to a door.

"...of course" - You answer. You go through the door only to find another room. And another room after that. Good lord how many rooms does this mansion has?

Oh the final room you enter you see three doors, leading to totally different places. You notice a weak smell of pumpkins is coming from one of them, so you figure you might as well look at it first. But before you can do anything, an ice skeleton appears behind you and points a lance at your face. You then do the most sensible thing: yell like 3yo girl and run through the door you were looking at and then some more, until...

THUD

"...you know, this stopped being funny a couple years ago. Do I have a target on my back?"

"Sorry! I was escaping from a skeleton of ice! What are you doing here?" - You ask.

"What you think I am doing? Eating Pumpkin Soup, obviously. I heard they have an outstanding soup here, so here am I. I needed to heat myself up before finding a good place to put my Ice Gym on and this soup did just that."

"So you are the Ice Gym Leader! I came to face you!" You say.

"...impressive how everybody manages to find me. Sometimes I feel the Gym People sneaked in a GPS tracker on my backpack. I heard there is a welsh dude there annoying enough to be capable of coming up with such a scheme. Fair enough, let's battle here then."​

You nod and take a good look at your surroundings and everything seems to fit for a good battle. The only problem is this sense of urgency in the air. You feel that the yeti can come at any second, and that you must finish your business ASAP or suffer the consequences.

"Ready? Then, En garde!"​

Summary:
- All moves and weathers are possible without restrictions.
- Trainers must specify the one ability of their pokemon upon sendout. The ability chosen may change each time the pokemon is sent out.
- Challengers that don't follow DQ are prone to be DQ'd without prior warning on the first infraction.

Battle Settings:
4 v 4 Gym Singles
4 Day DQ
0 Chill/Recovery
0 Mega Evolution
Arena = Snowpeak Ruins
Items = On
Abilities = One
Switch = OK
Subs: 3
Free-Edit Period: 1 hour
Challenger sends out first.
Blanket Ban on any ref with 400UC or more

Leader: waterwarrior
W/L/T: 5 / 7 / 0 (42%)
Arena: Northbrook Island Harbour
"Ugh, I've been on this lousy ship for almost five hours now. When are we-"
Your boat comes to a stop. You've finally arrived at your destination. You step out of the slightly dilapidated ship, pay the captain your fare with a half-mumbled thank you, and walk towards the end of the dock. You've heard of a Gym here, and you need to get closer to that Victini, so here you are, wearing 4 layers of clothing and still cold. There's snow all around covering the ground, but there seems to be a path that leads off somewhere into the distance. You look at the captain and confusedly point to it, and the captain slowly nods his head. You shrug and begin down the path.

Approximately a half-mile down the road, you spot a figure, but you swear it has to be an illusion. It looks like a young man walking towards you, but that can't be. Wearing just a sweatshirt over a t-shirt and a pair of jeans in the middle of the Arctic Circle? That's crazy! However, as you approach him, you see that he is in fact real, and it looks like he's actually out for a stroll with a Weavile, obviously his partner.

The strange man looks at you and speaks, in a loud and clear voice, "Hey there! I don't exactly get many people here, and this isn't exactly what you'd call a scenic sight, so I'm guessing you're here for the Gym?" You start to answer, but he cuts you off, saying "No need to answer that. Even my own mother wouldn't pay me a visit out here if she wasn't gonna battle me. Name's waterwarrior by the way. Yes, yes, I know that it's kinda funny that that's my name and I'm the Ice Gym leader, but once you heard how I got that name... nah, you probably don't care in the slightest. Another time maybe. Well, better make this battle worth it then, amiright?"

After walking for about five minutes and chatting with the leader, you come across a small patch of land with a white fence around it. The leader stops and takes a deep breath, but you almost keep going, almost not seeing the arena at all. The gym leader steps over the little fence and walks over to the other side of the field. You look at the field and see the regulation field- two semi-circles in the areas where the trainers stand and a Poké Ball in the middle of the field. Both of you get ready, and waterwarrior raises his hand to the sky and cries out "All right! Let's break the ice!"

Suddenly, a flurry of hail descends on the battlefield. You know this battle won't be easy, but there's no backing out now!
  • Natural weather is Hail with permanent duration. If Rain is summoned, the weather becomes Sleet for the duration of Rain. Sleet has both the combined effects of Hail and Rain. If Sun or Sandstorm is summoned without the respective weather stone, the weather becomes clear for 2 rounds before reverting back to Hail. Sun and Sandstorm overwrite Hail and lasts 3 rounds if summoned with the respective weather stone before reverting back to Hail.
  • Obviously waterwarrior has to eat while up here, and he's willing to share his snacks with both you and your Pokemon. Both players may select a berry from a gym-provided list to give to their Pokemon in addition to a normal held item. (Cheri, Chesto, Pecha, Rawst, Leppa, Lum, Oran, Persim, Figy, Wiki, Mago, Aguav, Iapapa, Sitrus, Razz, Occa, Chople, Charti, Babiri) One berry may be chosen per Pokemon. No Pokemon can be holding two berries in this way. Knock Off removes both the normal held item and the berry from the target. If a Trick user is holding an Expert Belt/Cheri Berry and the target is holding a Life Orb/Occa Berry, the trick user may exchange both items for both items, the Expert Belt for the Life Orb, or the Cheri Berry for the Occa Berry, but NOT the Expert Belt for the Occa Berry or the Cheri Berry for the Life Orb
  • The extreme cold makes it hard for Pokemon to play pretend with their abilities (even Ice types), so the move Skill Swap has no effect and Role Play only lasts for 3 actions.
  • There is no external grass, but there is a small pool of water and a pile of rocks in the arena, so moves requiring external water/rocks can be used.
  • Nature Power calls Ice Beam, Camouflage grants Ice typing, Secret Power may Freeze.

Last edited by a moderator:

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
Type: Normal
Leader Exclaimer
The White Room

(Image courtesy of chocosunday on deviantart, check out his other stuff!)

And you thought the building looked plain on the outside; sure, there was the typical Pokemon Gym symbol above the doorway, but the building itself looked like a blank canvas ready to be designed as an architect's dream. The interior is so much worse. There are no discerning features whatsoever, with light seemingly emitting from a featureless ceiling. The door, when closed, blends flush with the wall, causing you to quickly lose your orientation. Elizabeth Sazore, resident Gym Leader, waves to you from the other side of the massive room, which seems to be at least 80 meters across in every dimension. She isn't sitting on a chair or anything, just standing there.

While the arena is nothing special, it appears to have some psychological effects. Your Pokemon appear to focus more easily, due to the utter lack of distractions. Pokemon seem to be slightly agitated in this room, making it much more difficult to relax. They also appear to lose some of their innate ability, as if the boredom of the room somehow made them more basic and barebones.

"I bet you expected something more from an eccentric gal like me, huh? Nope! What you see is what you get, nothing sneaky happening with the arena, just me and my Pokemon. And some rules. Always gotta have rules with a gym, right?"

Battle Rules:
B7P4 vs. 4 Singles
72 Hour DQ
Switch = OK
Abilities:
One
Items: All
Subsitutions: 3
No Recoveries/Chills
Turn Order:
Coin Flip

Effects:

- Both the leader and challenger can only use one Pokemon of each type. Using Dragonite, for example, would mean that the challenger cannot use another Flying- or Dragon- type Pokemon. Normal-type is exempt from this rule.

- Multi-hit moves lose their ability to interrupt moves with a Charge Up phase. Focus Punch is still interrupted by direct damage from a multi-hit move.

Codifications:

- All moves are used as normal.
- Secret Power has a 30% chance to put the opponent to sleep.
- Nature Power calls Tri-Attack.
- Camouflage turns the user Normal type.
Leader: Maxim
W/L/T: 9 / 15 / 0 (38%)
Arena: Four Seasons Theatre
Field Type: Normal
Complexity: Simple/Moderate

Upon your match's acceptance, you receive directions to the new ASB League Normal Gym via e-mail. As it would happen, this gym resides in a small, recently constructed live theatre built in Slateport City. One way or another, you make your way to this bustling city. Crowds of people line up in the city to see the contests, the Oceanic Museum, and what seems to be a relatively new attraction: The Four Seasons Theatre. Atop it you see statues of Deerling and Castform, surrounded on the four corners by symbols representing the seasons.

You make your way through the line and into the building, thinking it is likely the Normal Gym you were told about. Inside lies a clean and stylish lobby, where people line up to get tickets for the upcoming shows, which seem to include fare typical to a live theatre. Just as you are convinced you have gotten the wrong address, a man in a red beret approaches you. "Ah, you must be the new gym challenger." he says to you. "Please, head right this way, the show's about to start."

The man leads you inside the back of the theatre where many preparations are being made for an upcoming show. Actors and actresses are putting on makeup, stagehands are hard at work preparing the stage, and the overall result is that of a huge hustle and bustle. The two of you approach another, considerably younger, gentleman wearing a fedora. He greets you and says "Oh, you here for the match? The Leader's thataway!" He points towards a door, and as if on cue, the door opens and a man comes out the door, having on an outfit of grey and orange.

He clears his throat and says "Why hello there new challenger! Are you ready for the fight to begin? No not right now, we've still got a few minutes before the curtains open. I am Maxim, the ASB Normal Gym leader, and I welcome you to my abode."

"Before we begin, let me lay down some ground rules. First off, the rules of the theatre prohibit any moves or abilities that would disable or mess with the routine operation of any held item. These items are essential to the actors' costumes, and removing them can cause problems for the show. Second, this also applies to abilities, save for Trace. We believe in making sure the Pokemons' natural abilities shine through, and messing with those can cause discomfort to these actors. Finally, if either of us decide to phase out the opposition, the opposition, not random chance, gets to decide what comes out next. This is to prevent any wild entrances from confusing the audience."

Soon after that info dump, a female voice calls out "Hey, we ready to start yet? It's almost time for the show to begin."

Maxim chuckles, then says "Well you heard the lady, it is almost time for our performance. Have fun, and do your very best in this matchup. After all, my Pokemon may be Normal typed, but they are anything but normal!"

After this, the curtains open, and before you know it, the battle has begun!

Summary:

• All Items must be kept as Normal in the Normal gym. This means that items cannot be swapped, stolen, knocked off, restrained, destroyed, or rendered unable to be used in any way. Consumable Items will still be consumed after the normal number of uses. Fling still works as normal.
  • All Abilities must be kept as Normal in the Normal gym. This means that abilities cannot be swapped, copied, disabled, or rendered unable to be used at any time. The sole exception to this is Trace, which works as normal because it is a natural part of the ability itself.
  • If a Pokemon is forced out by a Switch-Forcing Move or a Red Card, that Pokemon's trainer can choose which Pokemon goes in next.
Codifications:

• Camouflage turns the Pokemon into a Normal Type.
  • Secret Power has a 30% chance to Flinch.
  • Nature Power summons Tri Attack.

Type: Poison
Leader: Yoshiblaze
"Welcome to Peter's Purple Poison Public Pool for People and Pokemon, or as we like to call it, the PPPPPfPaP! If you are a spectator, please refer to the stands to your right, located behind the wall. If you're here to battle, please make your way towards the pool, challenger!" After making your way to the PPPPPfPaP after a leisurely stroll, the loudspeaker located on a pole right above you immediately refers you to the battling area, located on your right. As you make your way to the famous poison pool, you begin to wonder who is this Peter person and why did he make the name so confusing. Seven Ps? Really? You climb up to an area behind the nearest diving board, stands about half full with people and their Pokemon. On you both sides of the pool, you notice some sort of shower head perched on poles, which you find somewhat weird. Does it wash off the poisonous water from swimming here? But, then again, why would any human swim here? Unless the water is merely food dyed? As you're in deep thought, a young boy steps up onto the other diving board area.

"Hey, you there!"He yells, snapping you out of thought. Glad you came, I'm Yoshi, the Poison-type Gym Leader at this pool. And part time lifeguard, and when I mean me, I mean my Pokemon since humans don't really swim here. Anywho, I've been waiting forever for a challenger. Guess people are intimidated by giant pools of poison that you can fall into, I dunno. Anywho, welcome to Peter's Purple Poison Public Pool for People and Pokemon, no, I do not know this Peter person, if that's what you're thinking." The young boy takes a deep breathe after having to saying that mouthful of a name decently fast before continuing. "Well, as you can see, we're here at a pool filled with toxic water. If your team isn't completely comprised of Water and Poison-types however, don't worry, any non-Poison or Water-types can stand on these floating platforms all around the pool. Uh, what else do we have here..." As he thinks, you glance at the shower head next to you, still confused. "Oh, right those!" The Gym Leader notices your confused expression. "Those shower heads are for a very special effect of the gym. Now, boys would you kindly turn the show heads on?" Suddenly, two young men in lifeguard outfits come out and adjust a dial on the shower heads' poles before purple starts coming out in an arch over the pool. "These shower heads spew out poisonous water, or as we call it, Artificial Acid Rain. Just a little twist to make everything more interesting, y'know?" The Gym Leader does a quick stretch before smiling, arms crossed. "Let's get this pool party started!"

Battle Details:
Format
: 3v3 Singles (Gym Leader brings 6)
DQ: 72 hours
Recoveries / Chills: Infinite
Arena: Peter's Purple Poison Public Pool for People and Pokemon
Turn Order: Gym Leader sends out Pokemon first.

Effects:
- Default weather is Artificial Acid Rain. AAR acts like normal rain, but Psychic-type moves are weakened instead of Fire-type moves. It cannot be replaced without weather rocks. The AAR is safe for humans and Pokemon, but it does slightly effect the brain power of Pokemon. Don't worry though, it will only weaken their attacking moves that use their brains, so you don't have to sue us.
- Normal Poison now deals 3 damage per action. Being around so much poison helps strengthen the effects poison, causing more damage.
- When a Pokemon is Poisoned, the Gastro Acid effect is put on the Pokemon for 6 actions. Resets if a poisoned Pokemon is switched out and comes back in still poisoned. The pool helps amplify the effects of poison, causing Pokemon to lose someof their special power for a little while.
- Fissure fails when used. How are you able to cause a Fissure in a pool?

Codifications:
- Camouflage: Poison
- Nature Power: Sludge Bomb
- Secret Power: 30% Chance to Poison
Leader: Engineer Pikachu
W/L/T: 9 / 5 / 0 (64%)
Arena: Erlenmeyer Flask
Arena Type: Urban
Field Type: Poison, Water
Complexity: Simple
Formats: All Formats

Restrictions: OHKO moves are banned.

Description:
In the beautiful world of PYREX™ lies a gigantic titration flask, half-full with some ungodly acid; the opening is barely large enough for daring trainers to slip through, and so, of course, that's where the gym battles always take place.

Anything poisonous is powered up in this flask, especially slow-acting toxins. Yet, the water content is enough those who need it to draw their power from. Despite borosilicate's resistance to thermal expansion and network solid configuration, it's still quite fragile and vulnerable to a Pokemon's attacks. As such, the most powerful item of all – Expert Belt – is banned for eternity.

Summary:
Effects
  • BPSN starts at 2 DPA instead of the normal 1 DPA.
  • Rain Dish and Dry Skin are activated at half value in clear weather.
  • Expert Belt grants +0 BAP on super effective attacks.
  • Poison-type Pokemon gain Liquid Ooze as an ability.
Codifications
  • A Pokemon afflicted with PSN that would be PSNed again by an attack will have PSN replaced with BPSN which starts at 2 DPA.
  • Weather Ball is Water-type.
  • SolarBeam retains its full BAP. Morning Sun, Moonlight, and Synthesis restore default amounts of HP.
  • Camouflage replaces the user's typing with a Poison typing.
  • Nature Power will call Sludge.
  • Secret Power will afflict BPSN with a 30% chance.
Format: 3v3 Singles / 4v4 Singles / 4v4 Doubles
DQ: 48 Hours / 72 Hours
Abilities: ONE / ALL
Items: ON
Substitutions: TWO / THREE
Infinite chills / Recovers

Type: Psychic
Leader: Gerard
W/L/: 0 / 0 / 0 (0%)

Lunar Sea Spire

Three miles outside of the Sootopolis' harbor a mysterious tower stands out from the waves, warping the oceans around with it's powerful presence, a place that has stand there since times gone by, which nowadays serves as the home of a multitude of people as well as pokemon, all attracted by the strange energy which emanates from within. A home for the art, the philosophy and research, this tower serves as the location for the Psychic Gym, whose pokemon feel more than at home in the lunar spire, names that way because of the monument in the center or it, a statue dedicated to the moon goddess, and whose powers complement themselves with those of this location. The arena consists in a stone platform 296 meters in diameter, from it stand out the ruins of the old temple, rock pillars in which nature has run it's course and a few small sprouts have grown into full trees, probably fed by the waterways that surround the statue and create small water rings around the Moon Goddess.

The soothing sound of the water and a stunning view of the night sky, crowned with a white pearl that is the full moon, create a very relaxing atmosphere, facilitating the concentration of the combatants, and giving them all the tools needed to perform in battle, while infusing some of those combatants and their moves with it's own magic, what effect will that have on the pokemon it's hard to tell, as it's the case when dealing with ancient magic, but one thing is for sure, whoever created this place made sure to create something nobody could ever forget, let's hope the battles fought in it share the same destiny.

Format: 5v5 Doubles
2 actions per round
2 Megas
All moves are usable
Outside Arena
Nighttime

- All pokemon get a one stage accuracy boost boost (+1 Acc). Any change in accuracy will return to this point.
- Ghost Moves go through the invulnerable phase of Phantom Force.
- All Psychic pokemon are capable of learning Psychic Terrain.
- Secret Power reduces Speed by one stage (Psychic Terrain effect).
- Nature Power becomes Psychic (Psychic Terrain effect).
- Camouflage transforms the user in a Normal Type (Concrete effect)
Leader: Gerard
W/L/T: 12 / 4 / 0 (75%)
Arena: Dreamlands

Summary: Huge Desert of Cristal Sand (Sand terrain)
All moves are usable (materials are generated on the spot by the user)

- All pokemon get a one stage accuracy boost boost (+1 Acc). Any change in accuracy will return to this point.
- All pokemon with a BST total of 17 or less get an increase of five (5) points to their original stats, changing rankings if the new stat passes the cutoff. (Ex. Forretress stats (75/90/140/60/60/40) become 80/95/145/65/65/45 thus gaining +1 Def, SpA & SpD along with 5 extra speed)
- Non Damaging moves cost one (1) less energy to execute if performed by a Psychic Pokemon

- Magic Room, Trick Room, Wonder Room & Gravity have their duration increased by (1) round.
- Imprison, Telekinesis, Miracle Eye & Levitate (Command) have their duration increased by three (3) actions.
- Wish, Heal Pulse & Healing Wish recover five (5) more Hp at the cost of two (2) more energy
- Ghost Moves go through the invulnerable phase of Phantom Force.

Last edited:

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
Type: Rock
Leader: ZhengTann
W/L/T: 4 / 3 / 0 (57%)
Unlike other gyms, the Rock Gym operates on a two-difficulty system. Those who have at most 1 badge will fight on the Normal Mode arena, whilst all others will fight on the Hard Mode arena.

IF challenger has won 1 badge or none....

You walk towards a stone henge, having spotted a small stone hut right beside it that is the residence of the Gym Leader. By now you're experienced in travelling to know that this regions is unique in that their Gym Leaders come in all shapes, sizes and social classes - some living on cruise ships, others in cemeteries, yet others in.... Let's just say the Gym League here either has a tight, biased budget, is an eccentric bunch, or both.

As you walked closer to the henge, you can feel as if these rocks simply jutted, or grew, out of the ground, as if they've stood there for eons, without work of man. Even the beams above the pillars seemed to be molded, not placed. But.... how?

"The answer, of course, lies in languages,"
"Gyah!!"

You jumped in shock, as the Leader appears beside you out of nowhere.

"Hi, I'm Wukong. I assume you're here for the Badge?"

You nodded, and his face splits into a grin.

"Let's get started then!"

He ran ahead, touching a pillar as he crossed the threshold. The whole henge immediately glowed with.... Unown runes?

"Come on, let's have a blast! As long as we battle within the Rock Henge, we'll be fine!"

Format
  • 5 vs 5 Doubles, GL B7P5
  • 96-hour DQ (once someone goes over that, I'll usually leave a VM asking them to look at it. If their recent activity is twice over the time, a straight no-warning DQ may be requested by opponent)
  • 2 Abilities
  • 2/5 Recoveries/Chills
  • 7 Substitutions per round (excluding KO subs of course)
  • 1 Mega-Evolution
  • Switch = OK
  • Items = MEGA-STONES ONLY
  • Turn Order = COIN-FLIP
Arena mechanics
  1. All Rock-types get Rock Head if they don't already have it.
  2. The move Rock Slide has 30% chance to summon Stealth Rock onto the field instead of the original 30% flinch chance.
  3. All defensive moves listed under Rock STAB gain +4 Priority instead of the original +1.
  4. No external rock, water, or grass sources.
  5. No seismic combos allowed.
  6. Camouflage turns user into Rock-type, Nature Power calls Ancient Power, and Secret Power may lower Speed by one (1) stage.
IF the challengers have already won their 2nd badge....

You strode confidently towards the rock henge, and crossed the threshold into the barren, gravelly, sacred ground. The henge is already glowing, and you find yourself looking at some Unown formes previously unseen of. Wait, these are-

"Kanji Unown, yes."

Raising an eyebrow, you turned back at the Gym Leader standing in front of you.

"And they're the source of your team's strengths, Wukong?"

"Of course. I've heard a lot about you challenger - that's why I'm not gonna hold back on you. Welcome, to Rock Origins, the Gym."

Format
  • 5 vs 5 Doubles, GL B8P5
  • 96-hour DQ (once someone goes over that, I'll usually leave a VM asking them to look at it. If their recent activity is twice over the time, a straight no-warning DQ may be requested by opponent)
  • 2 Abilities
  • 2/5 Recoveries/Chills
  • 0 Mega-Evolutions
  • Switch = OK
  • Items = ALL
  • Turn Order = COIN FLIP
Arena mechanics
  1. All Rock-types get Solid Rock and Rock Head in addition, if they don't already have it.
  2. In Sandstorms, all attacks against Rock-types also suffer -3 BAP, instead of just Special Attacks.
  3. All defensive moves listed under Rock STAB gain +4 Priority instead of the original +1. Pokemons whose primary STAB is Rock-type automatically gain knowledge of all moves listed in the STAB description, except Multi-target, Priority, or Damaging moves (Exclusion lists: Detect, Quick Guard, Wide Guard, Light Screen, Reflect, Skull Bash).
  6. Camouflage turns user into Rock-type, Nature Power calls Ancient Power, and Secret Power lowers Speed by one (1) stage.

Type: Steel
Leader: smashlloyd20
W/L/T: 0 / 4 / 0 (0%)

Crystal Tower

Music:

As you slowly trudge your way up the many, many steps of the tower, you wonder what you did to deserve this. All you wanted was a gym battle, but when you put in an application with the Gym committee, all you got in return was a note telling you to come to the Crystal Tower. After a long journey, you finally made your way to the tower. You had to admire the tower's architecture, if nothing else-how could a structure this size be made entirely of this weird crystalline material? Unfortunately, you had nothing but your feet, your wits, and your Pokemon to traverse this mammoth structure. Maybe you should have just gone and challenged the Electric gym instead. A boat sounds really nice for your aching feet.

After a seemingly interminable trek, you arrive at the summit of the tower...but the gym leader is nowhere to be seen. Just as you're about to punch the crystalline wall in frustration, you hear muttering from the other side of the room, and a small figure wearing a headband arises, rubbing his eyes. Surely this disheveled figure can't be the leader you're here to fight?

"Man, I always forget how long it takes my challengers to get up here," the leader greets you. "I guess this tower is pretty tall, after all. How was your journey up? As you can see, not many amenities up here. We've got some nice magnets and crystals, but nothing much in the way of other toys. Even the magnets were inherited from my predecessor. I prefer less impediment in my battles-we've given special permission for you to switch more or less whenever you want. But enough pleasantries. You came here for a battle, and I'd hate to disappoint you." Suddenly, he drops into a fighting stance and reaches for one of the Pokeballs on his belt...and suddenly you realize why they call him a Gym Leader.

Music:

"Let's do this!"

Summary:

• Magnets allow Steel-types to manipulate their WC freely (within a range of +-2) when ordering first
  • No external water sources (no Dive at all, no Surf etc. from non-same type mons)
  • No sun or rain without weather rocks
  • Pokemon under partial trapping can switch out
  • Players may choose which mon to send out if they are forced out (ie phazed)
Codifications:
  • Camouflage makes the user Steel Type
  • Nature Power calls Gear Grind
  • Secret Power has a 30% chance to paralyze

Type: Water (Dual)
Leader: Toon
W/L/T: 1 / 0 / 0
1) "Phazing moves cannot force the leader to send an unused Pokemon. If the leader has no benched Pokemon, then phazing effects will not activate."
2) Rain abilities are always active regardless of weather, they do not stack if abilities are activated via weather or via sig item
3) All Pokemon cannot be paralyzed
4) Levitating is not possible under arena via Abilities, Items, it Moves
5) The healing effect of draining moves is null

Last edited:

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
The gym leader should then accept your challenge, posting their conditions and set of Pokemon. Any approved ref may then take the match (assuming they aren't the leader being challenged).
Gym Ref Blacklist:
Geodude6 [can take 2 battles max at a time]
Leethoof [can take 1 battle max at a time]

If you wish to get on this list, ref shittily or over DQ.

UPDATE: Also, to encourage the speedy reffing of gym battles as well as to reflect the increased challenge inherent in the better battles and more complicated arenas, refs reffing gym challenges will get a final modifier of 1.5 applied to the payment they would normally receive for reffing such a match. This also reflects the higher standard of refs and reffing required in these battles.
UPDATE 2: Additionally, if a battle ends by DQ or forfeit with less than 2 rounds reffed, the ref will receive a pay of 10 UC (the above bonus not applied).
UPDATE 3: Gym Leaders can now apply to run a second gym provided they are in good standing with their original gym. Application process follows as detailed here.
UPDATE 4: Gym Badge Rewards have been updated, and the changes are retroactive
UPDATE 5: Training Items now function normally if equipped on a Pokemon that did not get to battle because the winner won using less mons than the format asked for (see: winning a 3v3 but only sending out 2 mons and the like)
UPDATE 6: Any Pokemon that is received as a Gym Badge reward also comes with it's Signature Item if it is not purchaseable.

Please update the challenge queue each time you post.

Happy battling!

Last edited:

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
Subrefs
None

No Ongoing Challenge
None

Ongoing Challenge
None

Bug
- Closed
Dark
- N/A
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- N/A
Fighting
- N/A
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- N/A
Ground
- N/A
Ice
- Leader Elevator Music vs. Maxim (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- N/A
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
- N/A
Water
- N/A

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
Cancelling my ground gym challenge.

Challenging ZhengTann's Rock Gym :D

Subrefs
None

No Ongoing Challenge
None

Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Frosty vs Challenger Toon (Unaccepted)
- Leader ZhengTann vs Challenger JJayyFeather (Unaccepted)

Bug
- Closed
Dark
- N/A
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- N/A
Fighting
- N/A
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- N/A
Ground
- N/A
Ice
- Leader Elevator Music vs. Maxim (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- N/A
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
- N/A
Water
- N/A

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
its the "bring your poisons to work" day?

accepting

Fairy Gym [Leader: Frosty]
4v4 Gym Doubles (2APR)
DQ: 72h, 1 Warning
3 Substitutions per Pokemon

Arena: Imagine the ASB Arena. Only with a lot of fairy dust.
Rule 1: Terrains affect all pokemons, grounded or not
Rule 2: Spread moves affect one pokemon only
Rule 3: Hazards are no.

Blast, I want that Ultra Beast.

Challenging both of Elevator Music gyms. I will win this time!
Accepting for Ice
3v3 Gym Singles
Hard 2 Day DQ (3 for refs)
3 Subs
All abilities
Items on
2 recoveries / 5 Chills
1 Mega
1 Z Move
Default weather is hail. Non-hail weathers can only be summoned with a weather rock.

Subrefs
None

No Ongoing Challenge
None

Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Frosty vs Challenger Toon
- Leader ZhengTann vs Challenger JJayyFeather (Unaccepted)
- Leader Elevator Music (Ice) vs Maxim

Bug
- Closed
Dark
- N/A
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- N/A
Fighting
- N/A
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- N/A
Ground
- N/A
Ice
- N/A
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- N/A
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
- N/A
Water
- N/A

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For JJayyFeather
HM for Jjayy said:
You strode confidently towards the rock henge, and crossed the threshold into the barren, gravelly, sacred ground. The henge is already glowing, and you find yourself looking at the Kanji Unowns again, waiting for the Leader to sho-

"-show up, yes."

Spinning around, you narrow your eyes at Wukong.

"Don't. Get. Inside my head."

"Eh, be glad I'm only inside your head, hahah!"

Format
  • 5 vs 5 3APR Doubles, GL B8P5
  • 2 Abilities
  • 2/5 Recoveries/Chills
  • 0 Mega-Evolutions
  • Switch = OK
  • Items = ALL
  • Turn Order = COIN FLIP
Arena mechanics
  1. All Rock-types get Solid Rock and Rock Head in addition, if they don't already have it.
  2. In Sandstorms, all attacks against Rock-types also suffer -3 BAP, instead of just Special Attacks.
  3. All defensive moves listed under Rock STAB gain +4 Priority instead of the original +1. Pokemons whose primary STAB is Rock-type automatically gain knowledge of all moves listed in the STAB description, except Multi-target, Priority, or Damaging moves (Exclusion lists: Detect, Quick Guard, Wide Guard, Light Screen, Reflect, Skull Bash).
  6. Camouflage turns user into Rock-type, Nature Power calls Ancient Power, and Secret Power lowers Speed by one (1) stage.
Subrefs
None

No Ongoing Challenge
None

Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Frosty vs Challenger Toon
- Leader ZhengTann vs Challenger JJayyFeather

Bug
- Closed
Dark
- N/A
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- N/A
Fighting
- N/A
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- N/A
Ground
- N/A
Ice
- N/A
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- N/A
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
- N/A
Water
- N/A

Last edited:
challenge yoshi

edit and em
Subrefs
None

No Ongoing Challenge
None

Ongoing Challenge

Bug
- Closed
Dark
- N/A
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- N/A
Fighting
- N/A
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- leader elevator music vs acidphoenix
Ground
- N/A
Ice
- N/A
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- leader yoshiblaze vs acidphoenix
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
- N/A
Water
- N/A
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
challenge yoshi

edit and em
Subrefs
None

No Ongoing Challenge
None

Ongoing Challenge

Bug
- Closed
Dark
- N/A
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- N/A
Fighting
- N/A
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
Ground
- N/A
Ice
- N/A
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- leader yoshiblaze vs acidphoenix
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
- N/A
Water
- N/A

"Challenged Accepted! You even have acid in your name, you're clearly ready for this!"

Battle Details:
Format
: 3v3 Singles (Gym Leader brings 6)
DQ: 72 hours
Recoveries / Chills: Infinite
Arena: Peter's Purple Poison Public Pool for People and Pokemon
Turn Order: Gym Leader sends out Pokemon first.

Effects:
- Default weather is Artificial Acid Rain. AAR acts like normal rain, but Psychic-type moves are weakened instead of Fire-type moves. It cannot be replaced without weather rocks. The AAR is safe for humans and Pokemon, but it does slightly effect the brain power of Pokemon. Don't worry though, it will only weaken their attacking moves that use their brains, so you don't have to sue us.
- Normal Poison now deals 3 damage per action. Being around so much poison helps strengthen the effects poison, causing more damage.
- When a Pokemon is Poisoned, the Gastro Acid effect is put on the Pokemon for 6 actions. Resets if a poisoned Pokemon is switched out and comes back in still poisoned. The pool helps amplify the effects of poison, causing Pokemon to lose someof their special power for a little while.
- Fissure fails when used. How are you able to cause a Fissure in a pool?

Codifications:
- Camouflage: Poison
- Nature Power: Sludge Bomb
- Secret Power: 30% Chance to Poison

Subrefs
None

No Ongoing Challenge
None

Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Yoshiblaze vs Challenger acidphoenix

Bug
- Closed
Dark
- N/A
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- N/A
Fighting
- N/A
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
Ground
- N/A
Ice
- N/A
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- N/A
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
- N/A
Water
- N/A

My W/L/T ratio is 2/0/0, and I have two Badges (Flying and Ice).

Reffing ZhengTann vs JJayyFeather.

Subrefs
None

No Ongoing Challenge
None

Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Yoshiblaze vs Challenger acidphoenix

Bug
- Closed
Dark
- N/A
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- N/A
Fighting
- N/A
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
Ground
- N/A
Ice
- N/A
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- N/A
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
- N/A
Water
- N/A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)