Pokémon GO

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
527 legendary raids (+ 57 regular ones), only one 100 Boss (Kyogre), many 10/10/10s and loads of 98s. It gets better but ultimately down to luck.

I'm 1.6M away from hitting 40M, so double level 40. Been very lazy and not really motivated to do this - I wanted to do it pre March, but alas, and it's been a hell of a ride. The events have kept me on my feet to say the least and the game has been an absolute blast since the weather system released. Kudos to Niantic for keeping player interest high during these times (amidst playerbase complaints).
What do you mean by double level 40? I don’t want to assume, as I doubt it’s the case, but 2 accounts?

I’m 1.5 million away from hitting level 40. So I praise Expert Evan for possibly beating me to the end as a legit player. Congrats! Only time will tell, but it will be an interesting “Race” of sorts.
I am now within 300,000 XP from finally joining the level 40 club, and while it may feel like an honor of sorts, it's not going to stop me from my quest to continue finishing my pokedex (excluding faraway regionals) and the quest for a 100% IV raid boss which after many hundreds of raids the best I've gotten was a 98% only few times believe it or not.

What do you mean by double level 40? I don’t want to assume, as I doubt it’s the case, but 2 accounts?

I’m 1.5 million away from hitting level 40. So I praise Expert Evan for possibly beating me to the end as a legit player. Congrats! Only time will tell, but it will be an interesting “Race” of sorts.
I would think Blitzamirin meant he was on the verge of hitting an XP total of 40M, which would be the equivalent of reaching Level 40 twice (since it takes a total of 20M to reach Level 40).

I'm currently still stuck at Level 37, being about 400k XP away from 38. Nevertheless, I'm pretty satisfied with that, considering I was only able to play the game on weekends for the first year or so after the game was released.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I would think Blitzamirin meant he was on the verge of hitting an XP total of 40M, which would be the equivalent of reaching Level 40 twice (since it takes a total of 20M to reach Level 40).

I'm currently still stuck at Level 37, being about 400k XP away from 38. Nevertheless, I'm pretty satisfied with that, considering I was only able to play the game on weekends for the first year or so after the game was released.
Thank you for answering my question. ;)
If it helps, once you hit level 38, you can max out all of your Pokémon. The benefits of 39 and 40 are limited to the level up items you receive.

Consider it the pre-level 40. Hope that helps! :)

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I’m so conflicted with what will be the best dragons to invest in... I think it will rely on their secondary typing: Palkia for Water, Kyurem for Ice, Reshiram for Fire, Zekrom for Electric, Dialga for Steel and Giratina for Ghost.

I think I am content for Rayquaza and Dragonite (Ray for Mega and Dragonite for standard battles).

I’m hoping that there will be good Fairy types like Tapu Koukou
——
Premier Ball Raid Contribution Calculations Chart below in screenshot: Adding to VR Rankings (linked in my signature).
5283EADA-3AF1-41A7-9AD1-E93AB1F4A45D.png

Basically, you will get at 4 balls guaranteed if you enter a Raid with 5 people if you are the only team member of a Blue/Yellow/Red Team.

And you will get 5 Balls guaranteed If you enter a Raid with 3 people and are the only member of a team.

Last edited:
Feels like complaining now....

... so it's my Birthday. And none of the 5 eggs I got in last event hatched into Party Pichu. Despite having used my incubator stash when the event was live.

:mad: Niantic or Random Number Arceus hates me....

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/legendaryweekresults030518/

Rayquaza won! This leads to a few things:

- From March 6 to March 16 (Rayquaza's exit), Pokemon that prefer Windy weather (Psychic and Dragon-types, for example) will hatch more often from eggs.
- Raid Battles will host Pokemon that are boosted by Windy weather.
- There is double exp til March 16. This applies to everything in the game, from catches to hatching to raiding.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm now within 80k of reaching level 40 which I'll probably wait until tomorrow when I attempt to use a lucky egg with 2 rayquaza raids within. I'm not sure why I see 4 lucky eggs will be given once I reach level 40 unless there are plans to expand levels in the future. I personally know a few people that have more than 40 million exp points which is enough to reach level 40 twice and I'm like you got to be kidding.

Expert Evan

It's only fitting when events like these occur when I easily get to the next level. I last reached level 39 during the Thanksgiving double XP event, and now I'm within one rayquaza raid (without a lucky egg) and some change and I'll be at level 40, just not rushing it.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Level 40 obtained! Yay!

For those wondering:
Level 40 Rewards
Experience required 5,000,000
Total experience 20,000,000
Item rewards Ultra Ball x40, Max Potion x40, Max Revive x40, Razz Berry x40, Incense x4, Lucky Egg x4, Egg Incubator x4, Lure Module x4

Yes, you read that correctly, 4 Lucky Eggs! Thanks Niantic!

Expert Evan

Congrats on level 40 OM!
I held off on reaching level 40 as I have a mewtwo ex raid I wanted to achieve it for today in like the next 3.5 hours. A mewtwo raid should bring me over the top as I have now less than 20k left to go.

Edit: I have 7 10k eggs so those 4x incubators will definitely be useful for those.

Edit again: mission accomplished. Mewtwo ex raid was 20000 XP which was more than enough.

Last edited:
I have gone from 1.62m to 3.13m through 39 so far... and I was actually 33k under my target when at 1.62m... pulled it back then double xp kicked in lol, and doing what i would normally do I would be nowhere near 3m... lucky I had a few raid passes and lucky eggs.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Useful article on Supreme Points (when a legend or best of their type surpasses the next best option such as Kyogre vs Gyarados for DPS and Vaporeon for TDO).

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/supreme-point-and-its-applications

It appears that while TDO are match-ups dependent, DPS is less dependent. And that makes sense, as TDO includes resistances, neutrality and Weaknesses.
(Think of Gengar with Shadow Ball vs Mewtwo, vs Alakazam with Shadow Ball vs Mewtwo, Gengar has STAB and thus a higher DPS, but it won’t survive as long vs Mewtwo’s STAB Quick Moves and Charge Moves because it is weak to Psychic).

Here is an article on Gym Defense Tier listings-

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/gym-defenders-tier-list

The most surprising thing is how Milotic is listed in the same tier as Snorlax. Previously, I believed Snorlax to be strictly surperior, but it appears Milotic is either equally matched or a close 4th to Snorlax.

Adding both to my viability rankings post.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Only thing I disagree with in that article is quantifying / creating a term such as "Supreme Points" for the sake of doing so. GamePress Staff were already told that it isn't needed as it just adds unnecessary jargon to the game (bulkpoints and breakpoints are already hard to present to people). Heck, look at what they summarize it as:

In essence, a supreme point is the level at which the Pokemon starts to be supreme.

Like, lol. Quite simply it is the best DPS and / or TDO for a given matchup where the Pokemon starts outshining others (Kyogre vs other Water-types in most situations, or Groudon vs Rhydon). I would recommend looking at the Best Attackers by Type article they've written as it also includes future-proofing so you can determine if it's worth powering up things like Rayquaza with Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram, and Zekrom on the horizon (imo, yes, but I know a lot of you guys don't play as much or don't have a pressing need for certain Pokemon).

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Well, it’s really about what level. For example if you catch a Weather Boosted Kyogre you can stop at level 27 to beat Vaporeon, etc.

I think it’s useful for saving stardust. If someone told you the Breakpoint or bulk point that tells you for taking it to the next level of damage (I.e. Exeggutor and Raikou to Survive Thunder against Kyogre), but Supreme tells you at what level does it surpass the next best thing in matchups as well as overall.

I see Break and Bulkpoints are for achieving max damage (helpful in general, even if you don’t have the best Pokémon but have a viable Counter of some kind) for a Pokémon, while Supreme points are about saving stardust and candy to create the 1st best pokemon (I.e. when to stop powering up Kyogre to surpass Gyarados and Vaporeon).

TLDR: Bulkpoints and Breakpoints are about individual Pokémon achievement standards: I don’t have Kyogre, but I do have a Gyarados, so how many levels do I need to make it survive and deal the best damage without having to make it level 40?

Supreme Points are about individual Trainer efficiency standards: I caught a Kyogre, how much does it take for it to surpass my Gyarados? Now I have the best Water type without having to waste candy.

Last edited:
Well, it’s really about what level. For example if you catch a Weather Boosted Kyogre you can stop at level 27 to beat Vaporeon, etc.

I think it’s useful for saving stardust. If someone told you the Breakpoint or bulk point that tells you for taking it to the next level of damage (I.e. Exeggutor and Raikou to Survive Thunder against Kyogre), but Supreme tells you at what level does it surpass the next best thing in matchups as well as overall.

I see Break and Bulkpoints are for achieving max damage (helpful in general, even if you don’t have the best Pokémon but have a viable Counter of some kind) for a Pokémon, while Supreme points are about saving stardust and candy to create the 1st best pokemon (I.e. when to stop powering up Kyogre to surpass Gyarados and Vaporeon).

TLDR: Bulkpoints and Breakpoints are about individual Pokémon achievement standards: I don’t have Kyogre, but I do have a Gyarados, so how many levels do I need to make it survive and deal the best damage without having to make it level 40?

Supreme Points are about individual Trainer efficiency standards: I caught a Kyogre, how much does it take for it to surpass my Gyarados? Now I have the best Water type without having to waste candy.
But you dont power-up Kyogre to surpass these two, you power it up to do as much damage as possible

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
But you dont power-up Kyogre to surpass these two, you power it up to do as much damage as possible
I disagree. Remember, with Rare Candies being a, well “rare” commodity, and Legendaries (Mewtwo being the best example), of requiring *hundreds of Rare Candies to even power up 1, “would you want 1 level 40 100% Groudon, or 3 level 30s?@ (assuming weather boosted catches at 25) each where the resources to boost 1 Pokemon 15 levels has a lower payout and much higher cost than 3 at 5 levels boosted (from level 25 to level 30) each. (15 levels in both scenarios with much different requirements: It’s not just the stardust and Rare Candy increase in cost as you level, but the fact that once you break level 30, you only boost 1/2 a level at a time).

You want to ration out Rare Candies for the top 4 Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Kyogre, and Groudon. Raikou and Entei or Moltres can be invested in as well.

Remember, not everyone spoofs, so they cannot guarantee a raid each day (even with the free one), and so without as many chances to catch >90%, and collect regular species specific candy, they will need to just spend more candy on legendies.

So, if they only managed to catch a few Groudon, and only 1 or 2 Groudon over level 90%, they will not have much Groudon Candy, and will have to waste hundreds of Rare Candy to hit level 40, when they could still have to power their other Legendaries.

TLDR:
I would rather have a few decently leveled Legendary Pokémon over only 1 level 40 Legendary. Because the overall damage will be higher in a raid, as your first Pokémon will never survive in a level 5 raid even in 20 person Raids and you want a better overall average Damage, not just a single good lead and weak teammates.
You want to take Mewtwo, Kyogre, etc. above their 2nd place counterparts, and then only boost them further if you end up with Rare Candies to spare (like if they just do level 5 Raids for Registeel for the Rare Candies and don’t plan to waste them on Registeel itself), then they can spend their candies on better investments.

Last edited:
depends on what you are facing, doing rayquaza, i'm packing a Jynx and Piloswine (trust me, piloswine spams avalanche), those legendaries don't get a look in, and probably wont for Lugia either

Lugia is back, this time with Sky Attack.

Trainers,

The Legendary Pokémon Lugia will return to Raid Battles in Pokémon GO on March 16! A powerful Psychic- and Flying-type Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region, Lugia will appear in Gyms across the globe as the Legendary Pokémon Rayquaza returns to the ozone layer. You can challenge Lugia, which will know the newly improved Flying-type move Sky Attack, until April 2. So gather your strongest party to take on this Legendary Pokémon before it returns to the sea!

—The Pokémon GO team
Facebook linking will also be available soon.

Facebook Account Linking and Login Updates Coming to Pokémon GO!

Good news, Trainers! We’ll soon begin rolling out support for account linking with Facebook. Along with a simpler sign-in process, linking Pokémon GO to your Facebook account gives you more options to log in and helps preserve your progress across devices.

With this change, you will also be able to link your Trainer profile to your Facebook and Google accounts, and use any of those credentials to access Pokémon GO. For example, someone who currently logs in with Pokémon Trainer Club could link their Trainer profile to both their Google and Facebook accounts, and then they can use whichever account they prefer going forward. To link your Trainer profile to a Google or Facebook account, access the Settings menu and then select the platform you’d like to link.

Account linking is especially useful for someone who has registered for Pokémon GO using a Google Account that they may not be able to access in the future, such as one associated with a work or university email address. By linking their Facebook account, they can continue to make progress on their Pokédex, and even link a new Google account to their Trainer profile.

Please note: this feature will only be available to Trainers aged 13 and over.

For details about this new feature, visit the Pokémon GO Help Center. We hope you enjoy this new way to enter the world of Pokémon GO!

—The Pokémon GO team

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
depends on what you are facing, doing rayquaza, i'm packing a Jynx and Piloswine (trust me, piloswine spams avalanche), those legendaries don't get a look in, and probably wont for Lugia either
True, and it depends on your collection, Articuno, Shadow Ball Mewtwo, Raikou and Zapdos (plus their Sky Attack resistance) offer great options for Lugia, and this time around more people will have at least 1.
But the real point was, why power up 1 when you can ration your Rare Candy for more options and then just wait for a “Raid Drought” so to speak where you can get Level 5 Raid Rare Candies but not spend it on the current Raid Boss).

I doubt anyone will spend Rare Candies on the Lugia Raids because it was the longest released Legendary of all time (even before Mewtwo) as it lasted throughout all 3 birds’ raid duration. I think this upcoming Lugia Raid Drought will be interesting. It’ll be good to finish powering up the Lugias we have from the species specific candy we get upon capture, but spend the Rare Candies on the Offensive Legendaries listed above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)