SM OU Please help the noob

Hi, I started playing competitive pokemon four months ago and I don't think I know if my team is good.

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite

Ability: Regenerator

EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 4 SpA / 100 SpD

Bold Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Scald

- Psyshock

- Calm Mind

- Slack Off

This is my mega and one of the many tanks in the team. The EVs are distributed to resist threaths like mega-scizor, mega-medicham, both charizards, landorus, etc

I like scald over other water type attacks because it can cripple physical attackers. Psyshock is for special defensive pokemon such as toxapex. Calm mind gives a boost on his low sp.defence and it helps sweeping. Lastly, slack off is for winning 1 on 1 mostly

Celesteela @ Leftovers

Ability: Beast Boost

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD

Bold Nature

- Air Slash

- Leech Seed

- Toxic

- Protect

As slowbro was my physical tank, celesteela is my special one. He can take most of regular matchups if they don't have any favorable moves. Also, its EVs and nature is for taking most of regular hits.

Leech seed, toxic and protect are mostly for cheap damage while air slash is the strongest flying type move he gets

Kartana @ Choice scarf

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Knock Off

- Leaf Blade

- Sacred Sword

- Smart Strike

Kartana is my physical sweeper, i chose choise scarf over a z move or choice band because it will always be the fastest and is the only member in my team who can have the choice scarf. His stats are distributed to complement the choice scarf and the attack investment just makes him an enormous threath.

He can deal mons like greninja, mega gyarados, some of the tapus, tyranitar, etc.

His moves. Leaf blade is an strong grass stab move which helps with water teams and tyranitar. Sacred sword helps with heatran and ferrothorn. Smart strike is a stab move that can take which can help with fairy types mons. Knock Off is a coverage move.

Chansey @ Eviolite

Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD

Bold Nature

- Seismic Toss

- Wish

- Protect

- Toxic

Chansey's are distributed as smogon recommended because I don't think other distribution is better and eviolite boosts its defences.
Chansey is another tank on the team which is very helpful because of wish because half of his HP is almost most of the other team members HP. Seismic toss is the only attacking move because of his shitty attack and sp.attack. His other moves are for stall

Mimikyu @ Focus Sash

Ability: Disguise

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Shadow Sneak

- Play Rough

- Swords Dance

- Destiny Bond

Mimikyu is another sweeper.
I mostly use swords dance in the first turn and alongside focus sash helps take one hit and sweep. Shadow sneak is a stab priority move that helps when the opponent's mon is faster. Play Rough is a stong stab move. And destiny bond sometimes helps me as well.

Mew @ Firium Z

Ability: Synchronize

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Psychic

- Fire Blast

- Stealth Rock

- Defog

Mew is my deffoger and rocker. I use psychic because is a strong psychic stab move and inferno overdrive helps on mons like scizor, ferrothorn and bisharp.
Besides, mew's defences resists one or two hits and hit with one strong

Most of this team is fairly solid as a balance side, but there's a few oddities.

1. I'm not sure what Slowbro's EVs are for. Full Defence investment is better if you're going for late game sweeps, and full SpDef investment is better if you're using it as a pivot.
2. On Celesteela, Heavy Slam > Air Slash. Air Slash doesn't hit Celesteela's switchins, and is pretty pathetic compared to Heavy Slam. Toxic is a reasonable choice but leaves you weak to ferrothorn switchins. As Chansey already has Toxic, I'd run Flamethrower for Ferrothorn and Scizor over Toxic.
3. Your Mew set is odd. No recovery really hurts, and Mew doesn't really have the ability to run an offensive set in the absence of setup. I'd run physically defensive, Roost over Stealth Rock, and give Chansey Stealth Rock and Soft-boiled over Wish and Protect.
4. Your offensive choices are a bit strange. Mimikyu's one-use nature means it really doesn't suit balance like this. Kartana is solid for its KO potential but you lack ways to pivot into it aside from getting your predictions right.
I'd run Specs Ash-Greninja > Mimikyu. The ability to put up spikes is nice, and the Psychic immunity creates switchins for it. That and some priority stops your team from being eaten by setup.
I'd also run Scarf Landorus > Kartana. You lose some snowball potential, but gain an electric immunity and Koko counterlead on a team with two walls weak to it, and intimidate lets it switch in on a lot more threats.

Most of this team is fairly solid as a balance side, but there's a few oddities.

1. I'm not sure what Slowbro's EVs are for. Full Defence investment is better if you're going for late game sweeps, and full SpDef investment is better if you're using it as a pivot.
2. On Celesteela, Heavy Slam > Air Slash. Air Slash doesn't hit Celesteela's switchins, and is pretty pathetic compared to Heavy Slam. Toxic is a reasonable choice but leaves you weak to ferrothorn switchins. As Chansey already has Toxic, I'd run Flamethrower for Ferrothorn and Scizor over Toxic.
3. Your Mew set is odd. No recovery really hurts, and Mew doesn't really have the ability to run an offensive set in the absence of setup. I'd run physically defensive, Roost over Stealth Rock, and give Chansey Stealth Rock and Soft-boiled over Wish and Protect.
4. Your offensive choices are a bit strange. Mimikyu's one-use nature means it really doesn't suit balance like this. Kartana is solid for its KO potential but you lack ways to pivot into it aside from getting your predictions right.
I'd run Specs Ash-Greninja > Mimikyu. The ability to put up spikes is nice, and the Psychic immunity creates switchins for it. That and some priority stops your team from being eaten by setup.
I'd also run Scarf Landorus > Kartana. You lose some snowball potential, but gain an electric immunity and Koko counterlead on a team with two walls weak to it, and intimidate lets it switch in on a lot more threats.

Thanks man!
It really helped me. I changed the movesets and EVs. However i did replace mew for specs.ash-gren, mimikyu for landorus and kept kartana.
I reached a new high in the ladder.

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Defog
- Stone Edge

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot
- Water Shuriken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)