Type Optimisation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I make a sub, I would like to ask a question. If a specially offensive Fighting-Type learned both Aura Sphere and Focus Blast, which move would the Pokémon in question prefer to use?

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Before I make a sub, I would like to ask a question. If a specially offensive Fighting-Type learned both Aura Sphere and Focus Blast, which move would the Pokémon in question prefer to use?
I'd recommend Aura Sphere even if the Pokémon in question can already learn Focus Blast. However, if you intent to have No Guard for the Pokémon in question, then Focus Blast can be a viable option.

Pokemon: Toxicroak
Type:

BST: 85 Hp (+2)/125 Atk (+19)/75 Def (+10)/105 SpA (+19)/75 SpD (+10)/105 Spe (+20)
Abilities: Merciless / No Guard / Tough Claws (HA)
New Moves: Toxic Spikes, Aura Sphere & Ice Beam
Removed Moves: N/A
Justification/Niche:
Sample moveset:
(optional)

Pokemon: Toxicroak
Type:

BST: 135 Hp (+45)/135 Atk (+15)/90 Def (+15)/60 SpA/90 SpD (+30)/60 Spe (+15)
Abilities: Strong Jaw / Intimidate / Stakeout (HA)
New Moves: Wish, Drain Punch & Swords Dance
Justification/Niche:
Sample moveset:
(optional)

Last edited:
Just a little announcement. It's getting harder and harder for me to keep up with real life, so I really appreciate the submissions despite the slow pace.

A few things are happening with the Pet Mod though, starting with a faster pace from the next slate onward. But I will also looking for a volunteer to become a new manager to the thread, as I really need to sort out RL issues in the coming months. It would be a shame to let this fade off as there are things planned for this in the upcoming weeks that I sadly lack the time to manage properly. I'm also hoping that someone with more current metagame knowledge can also provide advice and a better outlook on things.

If you think you are interested, don't hesitate to PM me.

Moving on, if anyone has any last minute submissions, there's still a few hours.

PrincessGardevoir Just a reminder if you want to change Garbodor before I close this in less than 24 hours (when I finish work) :)

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist

Pokemon:
Swalot
Type:
/

BST:
140(+40)/93(+20)/103(+20)/93(+20)/103(+20)/38(-17) BST: 570
Abilities: Corrosion / Thick Fat / Gluttony
New Moves: Gyro Ball, Toxic Spikes, and Final Gambit
Removed Moves: None
Justification/Niche: A Bulky and Defensive suicide user with Final Gambit + 140 HP, and is able to use its defensiveness to set up Toxic Spikes. Corrosion to check steel types, and Thick Fat and Gluttony for flavor.
Sample moveset:
Swalot @ Payapa Berry
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
- Final Gambit
- Sludge Bomb

Last edited:
Also voting is now open!

Please use this format and remember to have a vote for each category and remember, you can't vote for yourself. Anyone can vote though!

Fighting/Water: Member's Pokemon
Fighting/Poison: Member's Pokemon
Fighting/Fairy: Member's Pokemon

PrincessGardevoir's Garbodor is invalid since Garbodor's type has already been changed.

Voting ends on the 17th of March

Fighting/Water: Stitch98's Poliwrath
Fighting/Poison: Gojiratar's Toxicroak
Fighting/Fairy: koista12's Mienshao

And now voting is closed!

Congratulations to Stitch98's Water/Fighting Poliwrath, Gojiratar's Poison/Fighting Toxicroak and koista12 Fairy/Fighting Gallade!

So before I announce the next slate, there'll be a few announcements on changes to Type Optimisation.

Firstly, we will be quickening the pace of the slates, so we can get through more of the types. Both submissions and voting will now have a shorter timeframe.

Secondly, please welcome PrincessGardevoir as a manager to help out with running the thread! If you have any questions regarding things like submissions feel free to ask anyone of us.

Then we can also move on to the next slate:

Bug/Grass, Bug/Ghost, Bug/Fire

Submission Ends: 23th of March
I believe Shedinja is hard-coded to 1 HP, so please keep that in mind when submitting.

(edit: sorry had a headache and messed up names and forgot to check before submitting the post. Fixed the post)

Last edited:

Pokemon: Shedinja
Type:

BST: 1 Hp/130 Atk (+40)/1 Def (-44)/130 SpA (+100)/1 SpD (-29)/130 Spe (+90)
Abilities: Wonder Guard
New Moves: U-Turn, Aura Sphere & Spirit Shuckle.
Removed Moves: Double Edge, Final Gambit & Revenge
Justification/Niche:
Sample moveset:
(optional)

Pokemon: Leavanny
Type:

BST: 80 Hp (+5)/130 Atk (+27)/80 Def/70 SpA/80 SpD/130 Spe (+38)
Abilities: Cholrophyll / Unburden / Tinted Lens (HA)
New Moves: Low Kick, Pursuit & Leech Life.
Justification/Niche:
Sample moveset:
(optional)

Pokemon: Volcarona
Type:

BST: 100 Hp (+15)/60 Atk/70 Def (+5)/135 SpA/105 SpD/100 Spe
Abilities: Tinted Lens / Queenly Majesty / Drought (HA)
New Moves: N/A
Justification/Niche:
Sample moveset:
(optional)
PD: I'm aware that I scraped my own Bug/Fire Genesect reservation with the Volcarona sub :p

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist

Pokemon: Shedinja
Type:

BST: 1 Hp/130 Atk (+40)/1 Def (-44)/130 SpA (+100)/1 SpD (-29)/130 Spe (+90)
Abilities: Wonder Guard
New Moves: U-Turn, Aura Sphere & Spirit Shuckle.
Removed Moves: Double Edge, Final Gambit & Revenge
Justification/Niche:
Sample moveset:
(optional)
Was Spirit Shuckle intended?

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
EDIT: Added typing justification

Pajantom, is that you?
Pokemon: Golisopod
Type:
/

BST: 79 (+4) / 125 / 120 (-20) / 45 (-10) / 85 (-5) / 111 (+71) ( BST: 570 (+40) )
Abilities: Emergency Exit / Magic Guard / (Stakeout)
New Moves: Spirit Shackle, Sticky Web, U-turn
Removed Moves: Liquidation, Scald, Surf, Waterfall, Water Pulse

Justification/Niche: Golisopod is a pokemon with an insanely good potential, but it's held back because of two things: Its low speed and its handicaping ability. Give him a good speed tier, two usable abilities and more utility, and there you go! Golisopod can now function as multiple different things, going from a hazard setter for hyper-offense (with Magic Guard, Spikes and Sticky Web) to a trapper/momentum keeper (with Stakeout, Spirit Shackle and U-turn) to some powerful offensive sets running Life Orb + Magic Guard or just Stakeout.

Also, why Golisopod for Bug/Ghost? Well, just look at him. He looks dead inside! Seriously, if, before being revealed, I told you he was Bug/Water, you probably wouldn't believe me anyway.

Sample moveset:
Hazard Stacker (Golisopod) @ Life Orb / Leftovers / Ghostinium Z / Buginium Z
Ability : Magic Guard
EVs : 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Spikes
- Spirit Shackle / X-Scizzor / Leech Life
- Taunt / First Impression / U-turn

Trapper (Golisopod) @ Life Orb / Assault Vest / Buginium Z
Ability : Stakeout
EVs : 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- U-turn
- Leech Life / X-Scizzor / First Impression
- Brick Break / Drill Run / Knock Off / Aqua Jet

Offensive (Golisopod) @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Ability : Magic Guard / Stakeout
EVs : 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- U-turn / Leech Life / X-Scizzor
- Spirit Shackle / Aqua Jet
- Brick Break / Knock Off / Drill Run / Aqua Jet

Fire/Bug Volcarona, I saw that coming from... Wait, what?
Type:
/

BST: 85 / 60 / 85 (+20) / 135 / 105 / 100 ( BST: 570 (+20) )
Abilities: Flash Fire / (Drought)
New Moves: Solar Beam, U-turn, Thunderbolt
Removed Moves: Flare Blitz, Flame Charge, Overheat, Will-o-Wisp

Justification/Niche: Yaaay, a sun setter that isn't, kof kof, 4 times weak to Stealth Rock and that isn't fire-type! How is that awesome? WE CAN GET RID OF RAIN. You see, rain has the simple but overwhelming advantage of being able to completly rekt opposing weather setters (outside hail, but who cares about hail) with boosted water attacks. But grass type is GOOD against water types. With a Grass setter, we can increase the viability of sun in OU, and that's wonderful.
I choosed Volcarona to have that role because 1- this pokemon has proven to be good in OU, so I don't need to change it too much, and 2- he doesn't lose anything form that change (except maybe WoW but that's not important) : Its fire moves are boosted by sun like he never lost his stab, he doesn't need to lose some stats to gain anywhere because it already has great stats and he gains a whole lot of new little toys to play with, including utility, thiccness and, I mean, Drought. (Also, Thunderbolt is here because Volc needs to deal with Pelipper & Thundurus. God moths should be able to shoot lightnings, nah?)

I thought grass type was legit as a second typing because, when looking at his wings, you could easily take him for a flower.

Sample moveset:
Sun Utility (Volcarona) @ Heat Rock / Leftovers
Ability : Drought
EVs : 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Defog / Morning Sun
- Giga Drain / Solar Beam
- Thunderbolt / Morning Sun

Set Up Sweeper (Volcarona) @ Firinium Z / Grassinium Z / Heat Rock
Ability : Drought
EVs : 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast / HP Ground / Thunderbolt
- Solar Beam / Giga Drain / ^

+113 in attack to make it viable. Oof.
Pokemon: Ledian
Type:
/

BST: 70 (+15) / 148 (+113) / 72 (+22) / 55 / 110 / 85 ( BST: 540 (+150) )
Abilities: Levitate / Tinted Lens / (Iron Fist)
New Moves: Fire Punch, Lunge, Switcheroo
Removed Moves: Air Slash

Justification/Niche: With this new additions, Ledian is now a powerful physical pivot that could run scarf sets. Coupled with Tinted Lens or Iron Fist, 148 is really threatening, also when coupled with Fire Punch and Lunge. Sadly, it's speed makes it really dependant of the scarf. It's, overall, a pretty balanced pokemon.

He's red. Enough justification for fire type.

Sample moveset:
Scarf Pivot (Ledian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability : Tinted Lens / Iron Fist
EVs : 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Lunge
- Switcheroo / Mach Punch / Knock Off

Last edited:
henlo my nam is pg
andthisisjackass

I don't know exactly how well things will go from here on out, but I'll be doing my best regardless. I've got a few ideas to present at some point that I've been throwing around with Solarblade, so...

Also, echoing what he said, if you have any questions whatsoever, namely if you want to schedule some time to do some matches for Type Optimization on ROM, I'm here quite a lot of the time.

Pokemon: Durant
Type
: Bug/Ghost
Ability: Hustle / No Guard / Frisk (HA)
Old Stats: 58 / 109 / 112 / 48 / 48 / 109 (484 BST)
New Stats: 90 (+32) / 109 / 112 / 48 / 78 (+30) / 110 (+1) (547 BST)
Added Moves: Shadow Sneak, U-Turn,
Niche:

Pokemon: Ribombee
Type
: Bug/Grass
Ability: Serene Grace / Magic Guard / Prankster (HA)
Old Stats: 60 / 55 / 60 / 90 / 70 / 124 (464 BST)
New Stats: 50 (-10) / 95 (+40) / 50 (-10) / 120 (+30) / 130 (+60) / 125 (+1) (570 BST)
Added Moves: Spore, Giga Drain, Earth Power
Niche:

Pokemon: Vikavolt
Type
: Bug/Fire
Ability: Drought / Sheer Force / Levitate (HA)
Old Stats: 77 / 70 / 90 / 145 / 75 / 43 (500 BST)
New Stats: 120 (+43) / 70 / 90 / 145 / 100 (+25) / 45 (+2) (570 BST)
Added Moves: Fire Blast, Quiver Dance, Roost
Niche:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor

Pokemon: Parasect
Type:

BST: 90 HP (+30) / 135 Atk (+40) / 80 Def / 70 SpA (+10) / 80 SpD / 115 Spe (+85) (BST: 570)
Abilities: Tinted Lens | Dry Skin | Mold Breaker (HA)
New Moves: Strength Sap, Horn Leech, Rock Blast
Justification/Niche: Tinted Lens will fix Bug and Grass's mediocre combined offensive typing, Dry Skin to put pressure on Water-type and can benefit on Rain, and Mold Breaker to break out enemies that relies on their defensive Abilities. Strength Sap is an useful utility move that will blunder slower physical threats such as Landorus-Therian and many new physical-oriented threats. Its bulk is mediocre compared to competitors, and it had to rely on the multi-hit Rock Blast to fend off most threats. Fire-type moves are still very harmful against Parasect too.

Type:

BST: 85 HP / 60 Atk / 85 Def (+20) / 135 SpA / 105 SpD / 100 Spe (BST: 570)
Abilities: Drought | Magic Guard | Sheer Force (HA)
New Moves: Earth Power, Air Slash, Sludge Bomb
Justification/Niche: Because of Blacephalon's prominent power, Volcarona was more niche and less useful, and there is no viable sun setters left in OU since Mega Charizard Y becomes more situational. However, new toys had given it Volcarona; Drought as a sun-setter, Magic Guard to protect it against pesky Stealth Rock and Toxic, and Sheer Force to power up most of its viable moves.

I will do Bug/Ghost later... hopefully.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader

Pokemon: Parasect
Type:

BST: 110 / 100 / 110 / 70 / 110 / 30 (530 BST)
Abilities: Prankster / Poison Heal (Triage)
New Moves: Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, Strenth Sap
Justification: It's a zombie bug.
Nieche: This thing is pretty interesting. Priority Spore, for starters, is already great. It also has a great bulk of 110 / 110 / 110, and usable 100 Atk. It can set up Seeds on the foe too, and to top it all off, priority on Strength Sap makes it all better. Poison Heal is an option for more healing, while the other two give priority on important moves.
Sample moveset:

Parasect @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Leech Life
- Knock Off
- Protect

Pokemon: Volbeat
Type:

BST: 90 HP / 70 Atk / 80 Def / 100 SpA / 80 SpD / 140 Spe (560 BST)
Abilities: Dazzling / Flash Fire (Technician)
New Moves: Flamethrower, Flash Cannon, Earth Power
Justification: It's a firefly
Niche: Having a pretty decent Sp. Atk with Tail Glow is dangerous. Couple that with 140 Speed and some ok coverage like Earth Power, Flash Cannon, Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt (Which it naturally learns for some reason). Dazzling, while being for flavor, makes it immune to priority moves, helping out that speed. Technician powers up moves like Air Cutter and Water Pulse (Seriously, why does it have Water Pulse) for better coverage. I'd recomend a Sash set to set up with Tail Glow, since the defenses, while not horrible, aren't reliable.
Sample moveset:

Volbeat @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Tail Glow

Let me know if I broke anything

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist

Pokemon:
Magcargo
Type:
/

BST:
60/70(+20)/140(+20)/130(+40)/140(+60)/30 BST: 570
Abilities: Magma Armor / Drought / Weak Armor
New Moves: Bug Buzz, U-Turn, Rapid Spin
Justification/Niche: Sun Setter with an ability to use Rapid Spin spin and U-Turn to clear hazards, unfortunately now being dual weak to rocks.

Pokemon:
Vespiquen
Type:
/

BST:
70/100(+20)/135(+33)/80/135(+33)/50(+10) BST: 570
Abilities: Levitate / Defiant / Intimidate
New Moves: Swords Dance, Sticky Web, Leech Life
Justification/Niche: Defensive user with the option to go Defensive webs setter with Sticky Web and Defense Order/Heal Order or Offensive with Swords Dance and Attack Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)