The Workshop

Requester: Darquezze
For: CAP Social Media
Art Direction: Hi, I'm currently hosting the official CAP Project feed on Google+, and I'm searching for someone to create banners that represent CAP's noticeable Pokemon. I'm looking for an Arghonaut bulking up and a nerdy Necturna, and the dimensions have to be 1080x608. If anyone can help out with this, thank you so much!
Here's a picture of each Pokemon:
Arghonaut: https://www.smogon.com/cap/pokemon/arghonaut
Necturna:
https://www.smogon.com/cap/pokemon/necturna

Reactions: BP

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Requester: Kalalokki
For: PSPL VI main banner
Art Direction: Well I don't have anything special in mind, you can do p much whatever that works as a main banner but make it transparent. Here's PSPL IV and PSPL V's logos for reference.

Done by cute user Dank

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Requester: SparksBlade and Aquasition
For: UPL VI main art
Art Direction: I don't have much in mind, but the past two iterations had art focused on the then current-gen behemoths(UPL V and UPL IV), so maybe something with Dusk Mane, Dawn Wings, and Ultra Necrozma? Don't be bound go ham with creativity, I've loved everything that came out this thread. Player signups go up in about 3-4 weeks, and auction will be some time after that, so there's considerable time for someone to take this on and finish it.

getting this done elsewhere, sorry if anyone had started on it(i see it's not in the op at least)!

Last edited:
Got permission from OU moderation team to post a new edition of the Weekly Research Project. But I decided to ask for some art beforehand, as I think this will be a great way for an artist to increase their exposure within Smogon (especially since the OU forums are pretty crowded) and also make the thread standout with an awesome banner in the OP from the get-go.

Requester: Exploudit
For: USM Weekly Research (Thread is not up just yet.)
Art Direction: I don't have any concrete ideas as of now, but like a smart OU-viable Pokémon (Mega Alakazam, Hoopa-U, Mega Medicham) reading a book or some like ancient looking papers using telekinesis (or in Hoopa-U's case one of its hands) or something. If you have any better ideas though, feel absolutely free to try them or let me know. If you also could have the title 'USM Weekly Research' in there it would be nice, but it's not really necessary.

Last edited:

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
Requester: Feliburn and maybe the entire RU community
For: RUPL main art
Art Direction: We have been using the same banner for a while now and it's time for something fresh and new, I don't think we are looking for anything specific but something that reflects some of the most competitive and better looking mons from the VR. Thanks in advance to whoever decides to accept this!

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Requester: Mizuhime
For: Doubles Premier League Team Logo
Art Direction:
The team name is the Melemele Sea Mantine, I'd like Mantine to be the obvious focal point for the logo and I'd like for you to emulate a mantine surfing style, have some waves and whatnot, you have full artistic liberty though since you're doing it and ill never not let an artist do what they feel is better

note: managers aren't picked yet so you dont have to start this yet, just wanted to get request in early

Bummer Edit: See LifeisDANK 's response below.

Requester: Nayrz
For: USM Ubers Viability Rankings
Art Direction: New toys! Something with the Necrozma formes are ideal, alternatively a showcase of the top mons in the current metagame (Primal Groudon, Dusk Mane Necrozma, Yveltal) is a cool direction. I asked the previous artist of the SM VR in this thread if they were interested in making a USM edition but got no response, so I'd like to make an official request for some updated art.

While I'm here, can I get an official word from the art leaders as to what their stance is regarding logos for "unofficial" team tournaments? I've been rejected in the recent past for requesting a logo for my UPL team with the reasoning being that it is a personal request, yet requests for other team tournaments of a similar nature / "relevance" to the UPL have been added to the OP with some actually getting art. While I greatly appreciate Smogon's art section and the stuff produced here I have to point out this inconsistency and ask for clarifications.

LifeisDANK

Bird Enthusiast
is a Top Artistis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
Requester: Nayrz
For: USM Ubers Viability Rankings
Art Direction: New toys! Something with the Necrozma formes are ideal, alternatively a showcase of the top mons in the current metagame (Primal Groudon, Dusk Mane Necrozma, Yveltal) is a cool direction. I asked the previous artist of the SM VR in this thread if they were interested in making a USM edition but got no response, so I'd like to make an official request for some updated art.

While I'm here, can I get an official word from the art leaders as to what their stance is regarding logos for "unofficial" team tournaments? I've been rejected in the recent past for requesting a logo for my UPL team with the reasoning being that it is a personal request, yet requests for other team tournaments of a similar nature / "relevance" to the UPL have been added to the OP with some actually getting art. While I greatly appreciate Smogon's art section and the stuff produced here I have to point out this inconsistency and ask for clarifications.
So admittedly ,it has always been a gray area as to which team tournament logos were legit or not due to us not really being knowledgeable in that area, so the side effect of that may have been some non-legit ones slipping through. On another note team logos have always been the hardest requests to handle in the workshop, and generally come in packs, once one team asks for one, the others join in. It quite frankly causes a lot of clutter and struggle. Me and Bummer have agreed that team logos should have no place in the workshop now, and from now on teams can PM an artist they'd like a logo from instead.

Dank edit: Also took off all team logos from the workshop list that werent taken allready.

Last edited:

LifeisDANK

Bird Enthusiast
is a Top Artistis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
Requester: ChrystalFalchion
For: My Pet Mod All Type Terrain
Direction: Something that shows a new user setting up a new terrain would be ideal.
This is the wrong place to request banners and images for:
  • Rate My Team threads
  • Team Logos
  • Trade Stations
  • Pet Mods
  • Other applications that are highly personal, unrelated to Smogon, or generally shortlived
I'm sorry :C but this falls under pet mods

Requester: Adrian Marin
For: Suicide Cup https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/suicide-cup.3633603/
Art Direction: I imagine the prospects of creating a rather dark, yet comical banner for an incredibly unique metagame is rather amusing. Find the red line regarding what is acceptable, but do not cross it! I would like to see a battered up Smeargle chasing its own tail! If possible, it would also be incredible if top threats like Gothitelle, Accelgor, Jumpluff and Abra were added. Don't forget to add a really cool, twisted looking font that says "Suicide Cup". As for the size, I'd like it to be comparable to this thread's banner. Thank you, I really admire you guys!

roman

Banned deucer.
Requester: roman
For: ru sample teams
Art Direction: again something cute is all im asking for

note: not sure if i'm allowed to request more than one thing at a time but if the max is one then just put off the other request for a while, this is more important probably

LifeisDANK

Bird Enthusiast
Requester: roman
For: ru sample teams
Art Direction: again something cute is all im asking for

note: not sure if i'm allowed to request more than one thing at a time but if the max is one then just put off the other request for a while, this is more important probably
you can! just one Q cause im not that knowledgeable, is this a team banner thing or something else?

since u can ask for 2 things now:
Requester: zizalith
For: ru checks compendium
Art Direction: hi, i dont really have anything set in mind for this but the banner should have top tier mons like mandibuzz and salazzle (think a ranks or so). could be doing something like playing checkers or something idk lol.

Requester: zizalith
For: ru best next thing
Art Direction: id like a pokemon using an unusual move or item like belch salazzle, z hyper beam comfey, cb chesnaught, ect

the checks comp banner should have priority over best next thing btw
please try and make the banners cute like they usually are!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)