NUPL VI: Manager Sign-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to NUPL VI!

After some discussion, we've decided to change up the schedule for NUPL a little bit. Manager sign ups are being opened up early now with player sign ups lasting 2 weeks to ensure visibility. If you're a prospective manager, now's your chance to sign up for a chance at one of the 8 teams playing this year.

Reminder that we will be maintaining the legacy team names this year and will not allow managers to change a prior team name without permission first. As a reminder, here are the 8 teams from last year:
The Vibrant Vivillons
The Krusty Krabs
The Headass Houndooms
The Moneymaker Musharnas
The Rowdy Rampardos
The Superior Samurotts
The Plopping Pelippers
The Listless Lilligants
Managers will be chosen based on experience in NU tournaments (most notably NUPL and SPL), involvement in the community, and historically demonstrating good behavior. If you're signing up, include solid reasoning as to why you would be a good manager based on these qualities we're looking for and which team you would like to take over if you have a preference.

As another reminder, here is the post outlining the format for this year

It's that time again.
Welcome back for another year of the NU community's finest competition, the Neverused Premier League. This year, QQ has decided to step away from hosting as he's going to be busy with a new job and other assorted things outside of Smogon. In his stead, the illustrious duo of myself and Kiyo will be hosting. The purpose of this post is to inform everyone on the format this year, any changes we've made, and the all-important dates associated with the tournament. Be aware there is a chance we might still make some changes to the tournament between now and the start.

~-~-~-~​

Dates

Manager Sign Ups: April 14th - April 21st​
Player Sign Ups: April 21st - April 28th​
Auction: Weekend after player sign ups end​

Format

8 Teams of:​
3 USM NU​
1 ORAS NU​
1 BW2 NU​
1 DPP NU​
1 ADV NU​
1 BO3​
2 Subs​
Changes

Retains:
As each team has a legacy from the year before, we've decided to allow one retain per team this year. Each retain is worth their price from the previous year with an additional 3k credits added on. If a player was worth 7k or less credits last year, their retain price will cost 10k credits. Retains must be announced, at the latest, 24 hours before the auction. You are not allowed to retain the manager from the year before if you are inheriting a team.
For reference, here is the list of players price from NUPL V https://pastebin.com/0UrQPP2Z
Manager buy-ins:​
As per the same rules from last year, each manager is required to pay 10k credits to purchase the right to play for their team. However, in contrast to last year, managers will be able to save purchasing themselves for any point during the auction.​
~-~-~-~​
That's all for now. See you in 2 months.​

Deadline for Manager Sign Ups will be Sunday, April 15th at 11:59 PM EDT (GMT -5).

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
yoo they up. i'd like to take over advantage's team; he has given his blessing here:
11111111.PNG
i've had successful experience in the past helping managers (pupl and helped with rupl going on rn) as well as managing (mpl 3 times). i have a solid grasp on the nu playerbase and will take it seriously. big test boys

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello I am definitely an NU player! I have been a member of the community for like some time and I would like to manage the Krusty Krabs because the last two times Kiyo has managed we've come like deadass last, so we need a new manager to take the reins.

If you need anymore evidence that Kiyo has peaked and fallen off the cliff then take a peek at this replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-721409762

I also played NU in nupl and ltpl and have a combined w/l rate of 0-2, so I mean what more could you ask from a manager than a solid w/l??

Hi there, I'd like to manage this NUPL as I would like to experience NUPL from a different aspect. As far as tournament experience goes, there aren't many who have had as much experience as me in both individual tournaments and team tournaments.
I've played in all NUPL's and i am very familiar with this tournament and the drafting process and i know what it takes to win these sorts of tournaments as i have an immense amount of premier league experience. Notably in NUPL2, I went 6-0 with finchinator's team whilst building the majority of the teams our oras used at the time and played a crucial part in the success our team had that year (narrowly missing out on winning in a 3-5 finals). By playing in a lot of Nupl's, i have an excellent grasp on the playerbase and I am keen to demonstrate that given the chance to manage.
Other achievements include:
Winning NULT 3 Times
Winning NU seeded tournament
A 19-8 all time NU SPL record, most recently going 7-2 in SPL 9
Currently in round 12 winners bracket of NU league.
Making NU classic playoffs / winning XY NU cup

I think the only thing that could possibly be holding me back is behaviour, but i have demonstrated myself to be a very positive presence in nu for over a year now nor do I intend to change that. I have been a positive influence in NU discussion of late (despite my busy schedule) and even took part in an NU suspect discussion podcast.

If I get to manage, the team name would be the Reckless Rhydons - taking over from the superior samurotts:
Team logo (special thanks to Dibs The Dreamer for the art)
1523228936506.png

Last edited:

Z+V

Banned deucer.
would like to manage any team, i have previous managing experience from pocl and several french tours. i've been a nu player for a while and know the playerbase well enough, played in the latest SPL as well. team name would be the eternal dodrios

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
after talking about it with the other hosts, we won't be forcing managers to take on the names of teams they're taking over. Team names still need to be approved by hosts and names from the teams you will be taking over will be maintained in the event a new name can't be decided on. Retains will remain an option for teams that a new manager is taking over regardless of any name changes. Also, just because you request a team does not guarantee you get it, assuming you're a new manager.

have at it.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
yo I don't wanna manage but I'm giving away free team names, feel free to steal

Maple Syrup Medichams
Bitch Boi Blastoises
F off Froslasses (alternatively, the Fuck Finch Froslasses or FOAD Froslasses)
Lalalala Memes Memes Mr. Mimes
Corrupt Council Cryogonals
Alien Nation (mascot is Beheeyem)
Weeb Nuking Whimsicotts
Ghost Me Golvivdiroars
Man Balamars
Krusy Krabs

Hello, managers for NUPL VI will be as follows:

The Vibrant Vivillons: Eternally
The Krusty Krabs: Kiyo
The Busted Team Player Cats: FLCL
The Moneymaker Musharnas: Raseri
The Klinklang Gang: Hootie
The Reckless Rhydons: Teddeh
Dilly Dilly Dewgongs: The Goomy
The Listless Lilligants: Rapture

Do keep in mind team names may be changed if the manager so pleases (and the new team name is in good taste)! If there are concerns, feel free to tag greg#1349 in the NU Discord server or VM me on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)