Project PU Player Of The Week - Anty (Week 18)

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

Favorite Pokemon: Pikachu w/ a Hat
Most used Pokemon: Skuntank or Stoutland
Most known for: ex PUTL/shadow TL, main reason discord server is good
TJ: Can you tell us a bit about yourself outside of Smogon?
Anty: Aside from mons I like playing football and watching to some extent, binge watching TV/movies, and drinking a lot.

TJ: How did you come to discover PU and what made you stick around for so long?
Anty: I played a bit during BW when it was an omotm ladder so when it came out in xy I joined the discord, met players like galbia and Magnemite then shortly came part of the council

TJ: What was it like being a former PUTL / Roomowner? What did you enjoy about it the most?
Anty: Being TL was very enjoyable, as though i wasn't there for long I still had quite a big job with all the beta quickbans. Its really nice being the leader of the community and I never had to make any real difficult decisions. I really liked being RO for similar reasons and that was even calmer aside from minor issues which popped up every so often.

TJ: What do you actually do now?
Anty: Currently Im just a council member/project mod and room mod. I originally stepped down just because i didnt have activity to be TL but council requires less time and I still want to help the tier.

TJ: What are your thoughts on PU being included into official tournaments?
Anty: I very much support it as we have shown recently that we have a very competent playerbase and our tier has improved massively in the last few months.

TJ: Do you think the metagame is healthy? Does anything else deserve a suspect test?
Anty: I know a lot of people want an auroras suspect but personally I don't have very strong opinions. The only potential unhealthy thing I'd say is Spikes but right now I wouldn't say ferroseed is supect worthy

TJ: What is your favorite Generation of PU and why?
Anty: It would have to be gen7 because I haven't really played the older gens and gen6 is awful. However I did really enjoy pre-ORAS gen6 (even with Garbodor) and the ORAS meta just after Machoke got banned but before Muk

TJ: Who do you think are some good up-and-coming PU players?
Anty: GenZeon (though not completely new) has decent PU records and has shown to be capable at ou in wcop

TJ: What is your advice to newer players trying to get into PU?
Anty: Probably the same as what everyone says, but try to involve yourself in the community with the room and discord, and don't be afraid to ask questions or for help

TJ: Who are some of your favorite people on Smogon?
Anty: I love the entire PU council as a lot of them I've known for a long time now, and really everyone in the PU community Outside of that my favourite people and longest friends on this site are probably in secretsplinter group, and I got to give a special s/o to Haund xo

TJ: How are you so good at Randombats?
Anty: Given how many games I've played not only do I know exactly what sets mons can have but I've learnt how most players play. For example the skill cap is pretty low so players will only double switch in two situations. Firstly if the game rests on a 50/50 then they always do, secondly if you have just doubled they will always do it next possibility to not seem inferior

TJ: Do you plan on buying COD Black Ops 4 in October?
Anty: Even if I did have a counsel I wouldn't because it doesnt seem special. However when mw2 remastered comes out I'm 100% gonna get a new gen counsel just to play it

TJ: Lastly, can you provide a team that reflects you as a player with an explanation of how it works?
Anty:

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Atk / 64 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Lilligant @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Iron Head

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Facade
- Toxic

Haunter @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Trick

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Accelerock
- Fire Fang

I originally built this to abuse Spikes and Stoutland, which was (and still is) a very underrated breaker, and it works with Gurdurr and Lycanroc pretty well as it weakens opposing Gurdurrs while Lycan is good at baiting Ferroseed and Gurdurr can sponge fighting resists while also appreciating Stouts ability to batter down Mesprit (lead stout vs mesprit teams and they always stay in and take 50). The Lilligant slot had been shuffled around for a while but I really like Lilli as a late game cleaner as you find many set up opportunities and spikes along with accelerock can kill scarfers. The team has to be played pretty aggressively as it has no pyroar switch in and lacks special bulk. Normally I dont aim to keep Ferroseed alive for long in the battle and will be happy to sack it to get up rocks and one spike.

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
grats on potw Anty :blobnom:

Any other cod games you would buy if they were remastered?

Any drops from NU that you would like to see in the near future?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)