The World Cup of Pokémon 2018 - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

UD

BeerLover
I owe an apology to my team. It's not every day you get to be the singular reason your team misses out on playoffs. It was really inspiring seeing y'all make an incredible comeback. Sorry I wasn't able to be a part of it.

Sucks having such a poor performance when you're so excited for your new teams' prospects. And it sucks dealing with brutal counter team after counter team. I know it comes with the territory of being not only incredibly vocal in my philosophies, but also highly publicized as a player, as far as those things go. However, I want to take nothing away from my opponents. They all clearly outplayed me and "outprepped" me and I deserved to lose all three games.

Good luck to the remaining teams.

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Before this tournament started, UK was one of the lowest rated teams and everyone expected us to do poorly. Despite the end result and the final day bullshit, we defied those expectations and put up a seriously good fight the whole way through, with some beast individual performances along the way. We almost made playoffs and were 12-12 at one point, but a lot of bad luck meant that it wasn't to be this year. I'd like to thank everyone involved for playing their fucking hearts out, and also making the discord a fuckin great team environment to be in. This has been the most enjoyable team tour I've ever played in, and you lads are entirely the reason for that. Couldn't of asked for anything more. Individual shoutouts will come when we win the blue trophy next year. Up the fuckin lads.

'Brexit means Brexit' - Martin Luther King

talah

from the river to the sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Shoutout posts on r1 :messi:

I'd like to say that this wcop was a fucking blast for me. Being a part of the team was so fun, the calls and the banter, building were all so fun. Hopefully next year will be just as good.
In the end, that's the main point of this; it's a game, something to have fun in. And I definitely did, even if it didn't all work out.

I don't wanna go into personal shoutouts since that'd be way too long; instead: thanks to my captains and my teammates for making this possible.

Also shoutouts to my friends outside of Greece; u know who u are and u know I'll continue helping with whatever u need, building and testing.

let's FUCKING get it next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)