2017/18 (Soccer) Football Thread

I'm still wondering why people here in Argentina think that Nigeria's win over Iceland was the best result Argentina could have.

Now they are forced to defeat an opponent that is motivated after a win while still having a goal difference disadvantage. And Croatia has no reason to try hard next match because they have practically secured the first place.

IMO a draw would have been better for them... but for the national team's sake, they better get knocked out on tuesday.

I'm still wondering why people here in Argentina think that Nigeria's win over Iceland was the best result Argentina could have.

Now they are forced to defeat an opponent that is motivated after a win while still having a goal difference disadvantage. And Croatia has no reason to try hard next match because they have practically secured the first place.

IMO a draw would have been better for them... but for the national team's sake, they better get knocked out on tuesday.
Goal difference doesn't matter though since they need to beat Nigeria to get 4 points to Nigeria's 3. They won't win though.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
lol unless Argentina get a handle on that trash af defence I wouldn't even bet a 100% win-chance against Nigeria.

Messi looked like he was going through low-grade depression watching his team play.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Acuña played pretty well on the left side from what i saw. He might not be as good as Dybala overall, but he did fine as a starter in this particular match. He seemed like the only player in his team with any urgency or desire to make things happen, and that includes Messi. I almost feel like Messi was intentionally playing half assed to sabotage his team for some reason, God knows what that would be.

Acuña played pretty well on the left side from what i saw. He might not be as good as Dybala overall, but he did fine as a starter in this particular match. He seemed like the only player in his team with any urgency or desire to make things happen, and that includes Messi. I almost feel like Messi was intentionally playing half assed to sabotage his team for some reason, God knows what that would be.
Acuña is one of the very few salvageable things from this disaster, but he's been underappreciated by both Bauza and Sampaoli. Hey, it was even a surprise that he was a starter given the uncountable amount of chances Di María was given (and were wasted) even though Acuña deserved it (partly because of his performances, partly because there's no other decent left midfielder).

I feel Argentina's problems are one quarter Sampaoli and the rest players... i don't understand why Chile with Sampaoli play that much well and won the "copa América" and Argentina can't play and follow Sampaoli's playstyle. I think argentina's troubles are pretty much mental

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If England get knocked out by Germany in the QFs, I'm gonna be so mad at that Sweden defender who conceded that needless free kick. All the good teams are playing so badly, but keep finding a way to win. Brazil on the brink before 2 injury time goals, Germany just now. Wouldn't surprise me if Argentina managed to sneak through ahead of Nigeria and Iceland as well.

Still though, I feel like the favourites of Germany, Brazil, Spain and France aren't performing so well, and it might be a year for a 'dark horse' such as Belgium, or even a random team to win the whole thing

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ronaldo fucking that penalty up was God's way of punishing him for that awful goatee...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)