Project USM OU Teambuilding Competition - Tapu Koko

Status
Not open for further replies.
CM Spam Balance

I had idea to build around a core of CM User. Indeed, haze Toxapex is very present in the OU Metagame because it's a solid answer to Volcarona, Mega-Scizor and... CM Sweeper like Clefable.
The strategy of the team it's of PP stall Haze of Toxapex with Reuniclus and Mega-Latias.
Clefable use Ice beam for hit SD Landorus-T, Tapu Bulu and SD Gliscor because the team is very weak to these threat.

drop pop candy (Reuniclus) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

bpm (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Defog

mozaik role (Greninja-Ash) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

house of songs (Tangrowth) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

karakuri pierrot (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

kokoro (Clefable) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Since Cdumas appears to have changed his name to submit the above team, here's a submission that's weak to a lot of stuff like volcarona and zard-y but u know..aggressive plays with lando and gren..bit of hazards..u-turn..the usual shit. also like 4 checks to zygarde so that automatically makes a good team. thx N01syBoy for sets.

CM Spam Balance

I had idea to build around a core of CM User. Indeed, haze Toxapex is very present in the OU Metagame because it's a solid answer to Volcarona, Mega-Scizor and... CM Sweeper like Clefable.
The strategy of the team it's of PP stall Haze of Toxapex with Reuniclus and Mega-Latias.
Clefable use Ice beam for hit SD Landorus-T, Tapu Bulu and SD Gliscor because the team is very weak to these threat.

Yeah, this is basically Cdumas' team for SPL with a couple tweaks. This is Disqualified.

Reuniclus @ Psychium Z
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Energy Ball

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 80 HP / 148 Atk / 84 Def / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Slide

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Defog

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 36 Def / 52 SpD / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

This is a Reuniclus team I've been testing out for some time now. Obviously I decided to build around Psychium Z Reuniclus as it seemed like a fairly interesting set with its ability to break fat really easily. Decided to go with Weavile next, it takes care of most Ghost- and Psychic-types that Reuniclus may experience trouble with and lets Reuniclus run different coverage from Shadow Ball, in this case Energy Ball. Heatran puts a lot of pressure on Steel-types which Reuniclus now struggles with as it doesn't have Shadow Ball. Landorus-T is an overall solid Choice Scarf user and provides a much needed Mega Pinsir check. Tornadus-T provides Defog for the team, checks Kartana and Tapu Bulu, and improves the teams overall stall matchup with Taunt, but Toxic may also be used if Tangrowth is used over Tapu Bulu. Lastly I decided upon Tapu Bulu to check Tapu Lele and Mega Alakazam. It also provides a much needed Zygarde check and provides Heatran with extra recovery. Tangrowth may be used instead of Tapu Bulu to improve the teams general matchup against Heatran and Zygarde, but makes it hard to beat Tapu Lele and Mega Alakazam.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Defog

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

I really wanted to build a team around Curse Mega Scizor, so I considered some good team options for it. Pex came to mind as it checks Fire types and is also a sturdy Gren switchin. It should be noted that Payapa Pex could work well on this team for Psychium Volcarona This core struggles a lot with Tapu Koko, Charizard X, Hawlucha and Mega Pinsir, so I chose Hippowdon to counter all of these and as my rocker. This is when I threw Reuniclus on as I wanted to use that too and it fit here - it checks Medicham and provides a wincon, particularly against Stall. Then I added a Zygarde bc it's super nice with Tornadus and Scizor, it also checks Heatran which I lose to otherwise. Finally, I wanted a Defogger that could also checks SD Kartana + Bulu so Tornadus fit the bill - I've opted for Toxic > U-Turn to cripple Mega Latias however U-Turn could work fine too.

Last edited:

Daydreamer dance

Banned deucer.
Colbur Berrry Reuniclus & Electrium Latios

https://pokepast.es/37d7091a5cb3b7d1

Team based in Reuniclus. When I played OU it was one of my favorites. Colbur Berry seems like a good idea for the dark type with Signal Beam. Mawile absorbs that weakness and also vs spam bug. Heatran is the utily that seems perfect to me here and is my only Stealth Rocks user. I chose Latios with the electrium z to be lure of Toxapex or Fini because they can be a problem for this team. CM for something more power but you can apply Roost. Landorust has no more mystery the defog scarf assures me to have more control of speed. Ash Greninja spikes specs for more power and have where to cover the dark ghost.

Last edited:
Got asked to close this round. Make sure to vote for whichever team you like most.

Team A by yuruuu

drop pop candy (Reuniclus) @ Psychium Z
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

bpm (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Defog

mozaik role (Greninja-Ash) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

house of songs (Tangrowth) @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

karakuri pierrot (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

kokoro (Clefable) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

here's a submission that's weak to a lot of stuff like volcarona and zard-y but u know..aggressive plays with lando and gren..bit of hazards..u-turn..the usual shit. also like 4 checks to zygarde so that automatically makes a good team. thx N01syBoy for sets.

Team B by Jordy
Reuniclus @ Psychium Z
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Energy Ball

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Slide

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Defog

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 36 Def / 52 SpD / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

This is a Reuniclus team I've been testing out for some time now. Obviously I decided to build around Psychium Z Reuniclus as it seemed like a fairly interesting set with its ability to break fat really easily. Decided to go with Weavile next, it takes care of most Ghost- and Psychic-types that Reuniclus may experience trouble with and lets Reuniclus run different coverage from Shadow Ball, in this case Energy Ball. Heatran puts a lot of pressure on Steel-types which Reuniclus now struggles with as it doesn't have Shadow Ball. Landorus-T is an overall solid Choice Scarf user and provides a much needed Mega Pinsir check. Tornadus-T provides Defog for the team, checks Kartana and Tapu Bulu, and improves the teams overall stall matchup with Taunt, but Toxic may also be used if Tangrowth is used over Tapu Bulu. Lastly I decided upon Tapu Bulu to check Tapu Lele and Mega Alakazam. It also provides a much needed Zygarde check and provides Heatran with extra recovery. Tangrowth may be used instead of Tapu Bulu to improve the teams general matchup against Heatran and Zygarde, but makes it hard to beat Tapu Lele and Mega Alakazam.

Team C by mellowyellowhd
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Defog

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

I really wanted to build a team around Curse Mega Scizor, so I considered some good team options for it. Pex came to mind as it checks Fire types and is also a sturdy Gren switchin. It should be noted that Payapa Pex could work well on this team for Psychium Volcarona This core struggles a lot with Tapu Koko, Charizard X, Hawlucha and Mega Pinsir, so I chose Hippowdon to counter all of these and as my rocker. This is when I threw Reuniclus on as I wanted to use that too and it fit here - it checks Medicham and provides a wincon, particularly against Stall. Then I added a Zygarde bc it's super nice with Tornadus and Scizor, it also checks Heatran which I lose to otherwise. Finally, I wanted a Defogger that could also checks SD Kartana + Bulu so Tornadus fit the bill - I've opted for Toxic > U-Turn to cripple Mega Latias however U-Turn could work fine too.

Team D by Daydreamer dance
Reuniclus @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Recover

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Fire Fang

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Electrium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Thunder

Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Ice
- Defog

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Team based in Reuniclus. When I played OU it was one of my favorites. Colbur Berry seems like a good idea for the dark type with Signal Beam. Mawile absorbs that weakness and also vs spam bug. Heatran is the utily that seems perfect to me here and is my only Stealth Rocks user. I chose Latios with the electrium z to be lure of Toxapex or Fini because they can be a problem for this team. CM for something more power but you can apply Roost. Landorust has no more mystery the defog scarf assures me to have more control of speed. Ash Greninja spikes specs for more power and have where to cover the dark ghost.

Personal vote goes to team C.

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Triple Z Cuz They Been Sleepin

alakazam-mega.gifmagnezone.gifzygarde.giftornadus-therian.giftangrowth.gifclefable.gif

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
EVs: 28 HP / 12 Def / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Zygarde @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 208 Atk / 88 SpD / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Iron Tail
- Extreme Speed

EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Defog
- U-turn
- Superpower

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock

This is a team I built with the core of Zam + Zone + Zygarde which I've been seeing used more recently.

The M-Zam set is the one from the metagame discussion thread. Modest lets you break through the common balance teams with things like Gastro + Clef + Tran. Recover keeps you healthy and lets you beat things like non CM M-Latias and Heatran (you trace Flash Fire, although Toxic is still a pain). The EVs allow you to take a hit from Scarf Landorus.

Scarf Magnezone traps the bulky steels that annoy Zam such as Celesteela and Ferrothorn. Scarf allows you to check a bunch of things like Kartana, M-Pinsir and Tapu Lele. It also forms a Volturn core with Tornadus.

WP Zygarde is another mon who appreciates Magnezone's ability to weaken steel types and M-Zam's ability to weaken most defensive cores. The speed is for Heatran so you don't have to take a Toxic or Wisp, 88 SpDef lets you take a Scarf Tapu Lele's Moonblast.

Tornadus is quite simply a fast, offensive pivot and Defogger. Enough speed to outspeed ScarfTar, while outslowing opposing Tornadus to get off a slow U-turn. Superpower is to improve the Heatran and Tyranitar matchups.

AV Tangrowth gives more bulk to the team and is good answer to Ash Gren, Koko and Zygarde. Knock off is also a brilliant move. This slot can also be changed to Tapu Bulu to help the Lele and opposing Zam matchup, but I like Tang for regen.

Lastly Clefable who is the best rocker in the game, more or less an answer to things like Medicham, Hawlucha etc. With Calm Mind you get up rocks vs M-Sableye stall easily and pressure defoggers like Zapdos and Tornadus.

Heika

I may very well be the worst player on this site
is a Pre-Contributor
While I'm not sure this team does fit here since it feature zam, but isn't built on it, I'll still present it.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 20 SpD / 240 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Nature Power
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Synthesis

EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Recover
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

EVs: 136 HP / 176 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Modest Nature
- Shift Gear
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind

Basically, this team came from a build request on zapdos + heatran from an acquaintance.
So as said it's been built on tran+dos, so I really wanted to coupled heatran with a tapu bulu and play it nature power, so it could prevent bulky water such as gastro and mainly him ^^ to switch on heatran. I wanted to use some more original zapdos set but I needed the bulky one not to be to weak to the like of kartana, pinsir and scizor. This bulu allow me to have some wall breaking power and is able to switch on the like of non bander zygard and ash greninja. Basically after this I needed my own heatran answer so I choose recover M-zam wich could in on non z tran and also to take m tios (the spread allow him to outspeed lopunny and the hp allow you not to be 3hko by no spa tran which allow you to in zam on epower without being full hp). Landorus is basically here as a revange kill to bander zyg and to prevent from free volt switching. Finally the gear really benefits of gastro being lured by heatran so I decided to run a dd bolt beam mag, electrium allowing to nuke pex after a calm mind

Wanted to thanks BeTheShadow that greatly helped me building this not to say cobuilding it (I hope this doesn't eliminate me though)

(click on sprites)
Explanation
This is a very simple team that was built around Mega Zam, in order to try to abuse the Spikes offered by Ash Greninja. You basically start trying to setup the spikes in the field, and start to weaken the opponent's team with Heatran until the game is already on the way to Zam's | Ninja's sweep, and if the main gameplan fails, you have a very solid win condition in CM Clefable, which is another mon that also loves Spikes support, and the team has a defensive core that can check very common metagame threats.

Other Options
Knock Off > Calm Mind - You can use Knock Off on the Clefable instead of Calm Mind, which is a good option, as Clefable usually attracts Magearna, thus being a way to take the Assault Vest | Leftovers, consequently making easier the Zam's | Ninja's sweep.

4th slot - The 4th slot of Mega Alakazam usually varies quite a lot from person to person, honestly, I prefer Recover on that team to check Heatran better, but other moves like HP Fire | CM | Subs | Encore are all good choices imo.

Spread - The Landorus spread can also be the famous '' Scarf Bulky Lando '', as it helps you check out various physical attackers, especially Zygarde.

EVs: 80 HP / 136 Atk / 84 Def / 208 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Earth Power

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Shadow Ball

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Protect

The team is pretty simple, it uses Zam's ability to break down Specs Keldeo's checks like Toxapex, Mega Venu, and Mega Lati@s and vice versa, with Keldeo slamming Scarf LandoT, Celesteela, and Heatran. Zam also acts as a nice revenge killer for the team. Things that Zam can struggle to break through, like AV Tang, can be dealt with by Mamoswine, who also provides some strong priority for the team.

Heatran and Ferro provide a nice, strong defensive backbone for the team, and Scarf LandoT provides a nice way to remove hazards and adds some momentum through U-Turn.

HP Ground on Keldeo is just in case Zam dies and you still need a way to deal with Pex, but Focus Blast is a nice 2HKO on Celesteela, but so is Hydro Pump as well. Thanks to mellowyellowhd for recommending Icy Wind as an alternative to Focus Blast on Keldeo, Icy Wind carries a nice Speed drop that can catch a faster scarfer like Jirachi or something on a switch-in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)