Pokémon GO

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
I personally wouldn't hoard anything with abilities. Let's Go afaik has no abilities and Niantic seems keen on keeping the battling simple in Go as well. I'd focus on metagame relevance (Golden Razz Berries / 4 fat Normals in the blobs, Snorlax, and Slaking) and raid Pokemon.

Hi everyone,

Please add me or my partner to their friend list!

IGN: IssaMoEggs 7833 1646 6196
Partner's IGN: itsvcjones 3073 4556 8614
Added both!

Thanks for the adds guys, my bag is kinda full so I can't really open gifts as they come, but they're much appreciated. Also interesting to see all these Poke Stops from around the world!

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Holy fuck I just caught this thing

View attachment 124120
Yeah it’s not the best Dragonite, but I think it was abargain for the price of a golden razz berry and an Ultra Ball! I got a Dragonair that’s 18 candies away from evolving that’ll be stronger too, so this one might take the one way trip to Let’s Go!

Also, not sure if I’ll add my code just yet (trying to focus on local people to get good stuff like Mewtwo) but I may start a daily tournament in the showdown room or something to give away gifts.
It’s a good option to trade because you could argue that the person getting it gets the Re-roll, and Make it a a great bargaining chip for something they can’t use like a low IV Tyranitar.

If you both have a high level and are at a strong friendship level, you can turn those Community Day Pokemon to powerhouses!

As for Snorlax- no Evolution candy requirements, Body Slam makes him hurt non-resists, and is hard to dodge.
He is my favorite defender! Blitzamirin knows I have been an avid “defender” of the big koala bear, since it was the best defender of the old Gym Gen 1 days!

Here is my friend code 7459 8349 2427

Attachments

Last edited:

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not sure if this is a good problem or not but I've maxed out on items at 2000 after gaining enough coins to get last bag upgrade. I already got 1500 in Pokemon storage even though I'm using about 1130 at the moment. My inventory is stacked with over 600 regular pokeballs, over 100 great balls and over 200 ultra balls, so I'll be using the Pokemon Go+ gadget more often, intriguing that I ran out of balls during the recent earth day event and now I have such a surplus. On the other hand I'm almost completely out of berries outside of golden razz, and have almost tossed most of my revives and potions that are not max revives.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
. and what the flying...? Articuno will be available while it's a very busy week of my drawing schedule?! Oh come on, it's Tanabata, and you will pull (shiny) Articuno in very limited 3 hours period that day?

That horrible flashback of frantic Community Days....
I am wondering why they chose Articuno of all the legendaries when we've had it as a research task reward for the last month.

Yeah I'm expect major lag. I hope I get to keep those raid passes even if I don't raid during those 3 hours. Which I'm expecting will happen since at the typical community day hours that day I'll be attending an engagement party.

Also the timing is unusual, being the day before a Community Day. Go from one day of 3-hour intense Pokemon Go to another day with 3-hour intense Pokemon Go.

Two things confirmed for Community Day:
1. Featured move is Hydro Cannon Source
2. Completing research tasks on Community Day could give you an encounter with Sunglasses Squirtle Source

Expert Evan

I probably won't rush through the celebi research tasks like I did with mew especially if it involves doing over 10 raids or so which I'm not going to burn through premier raid passes towards something that is going to sit in my box forever.

Speaking of raid passes, hopefully those 5 free passes on gym spin can be anytime that day since I'll most likely won't get to any articuno raids on Saturday due to my having to bring a family member to the airport at that time though will certainly be nice to have. I'm currently a bit bummed about my next ex raid invite on July 12 being at a conflicting time so I might have someone sub for me since I still don't have anything better than an 82% mewtwo with perfect attack even after getting 10 of them.

Looks like it'll be another 4 weeks until the friend trading discount will kick in so I could possibly trade with some of you. I would certainly be interested in trading for regional (non-shiny) pokemon now that is in neither of our pokedex. I have some spare heracross, corsola, and farfetch'd and have lately been holding onto tauros for those that need them. I don't yet have the likes of Mr. Mime (Europe), Kangaskhan (Australia), Relicanth (New Zealand), Volbeat, Torkoal and Tropius. While I still don't have a lunatone yet and they seem to be rare to find since the switch, I'm not prioritizing that yet. I don't care about IVs, just completing my pokedex at least, and expect similar likewise.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I probably won't rush through the celebi research tasks like I did with mew especially if it involves doing over 10 raids or so which I'm not going to burn through premier raid passes towards something that is going to sit in my box forever.

Speaking of raid passes, hopefully those 5 free passes on gym spin can be anytime that day since I'll most likely won't get to any articuno raids on Saturday due to my having to bring a family member to the airport at that time though will certainly be nice to have. I'm currently a bit bummed about my next ex raid invite on July 12 being at a conflicting time so I might have someone sub for me since I still don't have anything better than an 82% mewtwo with perfect attack even after getting 10 of them.

Looks like it'll be another 4 weeks until the friend trading discount will kick in so I could possibly trade with some of you. I would certainly be interested in trading for regional (non-shiny) pokemon now that is in neither of our pokedex. I have some spare heracross, corsola, and farfetch'd and have lately been holding onto tauros for those that need them. I don't yet have the likes of Mr. Mime (Europe), Kangaskhan (Australia), Relicanth (New Zealand), Volbeat, Torkoal and Tropius. While I still don't have a lunatone yet and they seem to be rare to find since the switch, I'm not prioritizing that yet. I don't care about IVs, just completing my pokedex at least, and expect similar likewise.
The Articuno needs a new move. I hope it gets Ice Shard and/or Avalanche, or a buff like Lugia received.
I wouldn’t mind a Heracross, but unfortunately it won’t be possible to trade without being close to others, right?

I hope Celebi is at least better than Exeggutor!

Lastly can anyone confirm if TMing Snorlax works for Body Slam? I saw people hatched a BS Lax and found them in the wild.

Also, can Shadow Claw Gengar be next? Please! I have 3 93%, and a 91% with 14 or even 15 Attack each.

The Articuno needs a new move. I hope it gets Ice Shard and/or Avalanche, or a buff like Lugia received.
I wouldn’t mind a Heracross, but unfortunately it won’t be possible to trade without being close to others, right?

I hope Celebi is at least better than Exeggutor!

Lastly can anyone confirm if TMing Snorlax works for Body Slam? I saw people hatched a BS Lax and found them in the wild.

Also, can Shadow Claw Gengar be next? Please! I have 3 93%, and a 91% with 14 or even 15 Attack each.
Celebi sucks to put it simply, is outclassed as a grass attacker by almost everything due to lack of fast move and as a psychic type by Mewtwo, Alakazam, Espeon...

Articuno Day in Japan has been postponed due to weather concerns (it's been raining insanely the past few days in some areas of Japan), though the new date is TBD. Source.

Community Day is still on as planned for now.

Expert Evan

did 11 and no shiny, few times I waited in lobby with our private group only for it to give me a message that the raid didn't exist and I had no other way to re-join, so I'm going to submit a few tickets to Niantic when I can.

Edit: all ready for community day, have a 100% squirtle from a recent field task for evolving a water type ready to evolve among few others though I doubt I'll power these up anytime soon since I already have kyogres and vaporeons to get the job done as water types already.

Edit: I got 10 shiny squirtles today, 5 of them with glasses from pokestop tasks, so ended up evolving 3 of those with glasses so they were cool at least. I don't intend to power any of these up anytime soon though.

Last edited:
Articuno Day and Squirtle Community Day will be held on August 4th in Japan.

Articuno Day will be from 12:00 to 15:00 and Community Day will be from 15:00 to 18:00.
The Global Challenge bonus that was unlocked from Safari Zone Dortmund will also be available during the six hours above.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Zapdos day was not posted about apparently. Here's the post.

Breakdown: If players at GoFest meet the challenge requirements this weekend, bonuses relating to candy will unlock on July 16. On the 21st, Zapdos + shiny (lol) will be exclusively available for 3 hours w/ 5 Free Raid Passes (ala Articuno) with the move Thundershock, which is much better than Charge Beam. It is not currently known if this move is TMable or not.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Holy crap
Community EEVEEKEND on 11. and 12. August, with the bonus of 3* DUST for catching

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Holy crap
Community EEVEEKEND on 11. and 12. August, with the bonus of 3* DUST for catching
Stardust is all that matters. The exclusive move seems to be for Eevee, which means that like Pikachu it will disappear upon evolution.

Let’s hope it’s a Z-move (Extreme Evoboost), cuz if it goes away after Evolution it doesn’t improve Vaporeon, etc.

Zapdos is still worse than Raikou... if only the Charge Move changed with the Quick Move... comparison-https://www.google.com/amp/s/pokemo...-with-thunder-shock-is-coming-on-july-21/amp/

Blitzamirin can you add This Link to the OP?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)