Serious The Most Powerful Storm on Earth Could Destroy Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tory

Banned deucer.
Japan is already struggling to respond to flooding throughout the central and western part of Honshu, the country’s main island. Any damage in far flung parts of of the Ryukyu Islands will only stretch resources further.

As of July 9th, 2018, Super Typhoon Maria was spinning as a strong Category 4 storm about 300 miles from Okinawa with sustained winds of nearly 143 mph, according to the Joint Typhoon Warning Center. Gusts are even more potent, reaching an estimated 174 mph. The current buzzsaw of a storm is a far cry from where it was on Thursday, when it was just a tropical storm with winds around 70 mph.

The storm has ping-ponged between being the equivalent of a Category 4 and Category 5 storm since late last week. Maria could clip Japan’s Ryukyu Islands and Taiwan before slamming into China’s central coast on Wednesday, dumping heavy rains along the way. That could be a huge issue in Japan, which is already reeling from historic flooding that’s left at least 109 dead and 2 million ready evacuate.

Imagine a world without Japan? No more anime and manga?
No more electronics by Sony and Nintendo?
No more auto manufacturing from Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, Infiniti, Honda, Acura, Mazda, Subaru, and Mitsubishi?

I don't want this storm to get any worse then I expect.

Regions effected: China, Taiwan, Japan, and South Korea.

Nah Japans fine, worry about poorer regions such as the Philippines that have weaker infrastructure and lack the money and skills to rebuild, yeah it'll be a big hit to the country but nothing that will "destroy" them

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I wouldn't call Japan "fine" by now.
Over 100 had lost their lives in the current flooding.

I'm shocked because I would expect Japan to be way more advanced than this.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Imagine a world without Japan? No more anime and manga?
No more electronics by Sony and Nintendo?
No more auto manufacturing from Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, Infiniti, Honda, Acura, Mazda, Subaru, and Mitsubishi?
when u think a natural disaster is going to destroy an entire country u should probably be more concerned about the lives lost than about the future of anime. u are so stupid lmao

What's with this extreme misinformation about weather combined with fearmongering that obsesses people? This storm isn't heading anywhere near Japan yet that's your (and I'm assuming the news source you copied this from) primary concern. Many super typhoons of this strength don't even affect land, and those that do don't do it at peak intensity. This shouldn't even be a discussion lmao

Tory

Banned deucer.
when u think a natural disaster is going to destroy an entire country u should probably be more concerned about the lives lost than about the future of anime. u are so stupid lmao
I do care about the lives of people in Japan you retard. That's why I mention the numbers of deaths. I am appreciating the unique culture they created for the world to use by entertainment. They brought value and resources throughout the world.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Japan isn’t going to be destroyed. Every time there is a big storm or whatever people start fearmongering, and developed countries like Japan always bounce back. Sure it might take a few months and there will be casaulties, and it’ll probably put a fair number of businesses under, but to say Japan is going to be “destroyed” is just spouting misinformation. Developing countries, on the other hand, are going to be hit hard and won’t bounce back so easily, and we in the west need to do whatever charity work we can to help them get back onto their feet. Of course, like nike socks said, this is all assuming it even hits land.

Anyway, I honestly can’t see this thread going anywhere productive. Locking.

P.S. don’t punctuate your posts by calling each other idiot/retard/whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)