ZU Team Tour: Finals: Won by Skill Swap Sandygasts

ZU Team Tour
It's the time of year for OM Team tours, but ZU isn't included in OMPL and lacks the playerbase for a ZUPL. As such, in this team tour, players will form up in groups of three to compete. Welcome to the first ZU Team Tour!

Tournament Rules
  • This is exclusively an USUM ZU tournament.
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Best of 1 | Single Elimination | 3 People Play
  • Battles should take place on the PS Main or Smogtours Server
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.

Mechanic: ZU is a usage-based tier below PU. It uses the same cutoff points as the other usage based tiers and also has council votes and suspect tests.
Clauses: PU clauses
Bans:
  • PU banlist
  • Pokemon that are PU by usage: Absol, Aggron, Altaria, Archeops, Aromatisse, Articuno, Audino, Aurorus, Carracosta, Claydol, Clefairy, Crabominable, Drampa, Eelektross, Exeggutor-Alola, Floatzel, Froslass, Golurk, Gourgeist-Super, Granbull, Gurdurr, Haunter, Hitmonchan, Kangaskhan, Kingler, Komala, Lanturn, Liepard, Lilligant, Lycanroc, Manectric, Mesprit, Mudsdale, Omastar, Oricorio-Sensu, Persian-Alola, Poliwrath, Primeape, Probopass, Pyroar, Pyukumuku, Qwilfish, Raichu-Alola, Regirock, Sableye, Sandslash-Alola, Scyther, Silvally-Fairy, Silvally-Ghost, Skuntank, Spiritomb, Swanna, Togedemaru, Weezing, Zangoose
  • ZUBL; the Pokemon banned from ZU via council votes or suspect tests: Alolan Raticate, Exeggutor, Gorebyss, Jynx, Kabutops, Ludicolo, Musharna, Throh, Turtonator, Type: Null, Ursaring, Victreebel

Rounds
Rounds will last one week apiece. I encourage everybody to post when they are active and ready to play so that I can gauge activity at the end of the round. Otherwise, unfinished match advancements will be decided by coin flips.

Finals
Mr. Memes vs. Skill Swap Sandyghasts
czim vs. Diagnostic
Jmash324 vs. Calucha
blalib vs. DatHeatmor

Skill Swap Sandygasts vs. eXtReMe EvObUnK
Calucha vs. 5gen
Diagnostic vs. Aaronboyer
DatHeatmor vs. DurzaOffTopic

eXtReMe EvObUnK vs. Mr. Memes
DurzaOffTopic vs. czim
Aaronboyer vs. Jmash324
5gen vs. blalib

Last edited:
sorry team the memes failed me

PS: since this was my last game in the tour i just wanna give a big shoutout to our team captain blalib for picking me to the team and Jmash324 , it was a lot of fun playing this tour with you guys and i learned a lot about the tier discussing teams with you and seeing you play! also shoutout to the host for doing this tour and everyone else involved, it was great, whoever wins in the end deserves it :)

Last edited:

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
I wish that we would have been rewarded more for our bigger wins and closer losses, but congratulations to the Sandygasts for winning. s/o to my teammates 5gen and Durza for backing me up these past few weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)