CAP Fall Seasonal

<insert banner>

Finals Matchup

xavgb vs Rifou88

Semifinal Matchups

xavgb vs Heaven Jay
Rifou88 vs Nurul

Rules
All matches will be played with the CAP ruleset at the beginning of the round. E.G. Greninja may be banned two days after the round has started but Greninja will still be usable for the remainder of the round.
All matches will be a BO3 or Best of Three. You may switch teams in between games. You do not have to play all three matches if one person wins the first two though.
Replays must be saved and posted when claiming a victory / posting losses. No replay, no win, no exceptions. If participants fail to follow this rule, the match will go up on a coin flip.
Matches can be played on Pokemon Showdown OR Smogtours.
Activity calls will be dealt by on a case-by-case scenario, but generally just get your matches done. If it is impossible to due within the timeframe you may ask for an extension but please post it in the thread.
Schedule your matches. If one fails to communicate with another then the match will not be coin flipped and the user that tried to actively get the matches will get the win.

For the seasonals bracket to work, we're stuck revolving around the points system that defines Champion's Cup. For that to work, we need a bracket that falls into a system with a top 16 and so on. As such, we follow the tournament ruling from the smogon tournament rules to define the starting bracket, and from there whoever is excluded is put in a pool of subs.
First Come, First Serve

All tournaments that don't have a specifically approved sign up method will use First Come, First Serve for the first 62.5% of the players, and then the host must select the last 37.5% from the remainder at random. Here is a table to help you understand how this works:

To get your player list:
  • First, make a list of players that signed up for your tournament. Some hosts like to maintain a list in the first post for the duration of the sign ups to lessen the effort required to post round 1 later (example).
  • Check the table above to see how many players are given entry automatically via First Come, First Serve (the first 62.5%).
  • Copy and paste the remainder of the list into random.org's list randomizer, and take the appropriate number of players from the top of the list to fill the remaining entry slots. The rest of the players can be put into a list of potential substitutes. If you are using IFM's bracket maker, you can select the "First 5/8ths Guaranteed" option to get this outcome too.
  • You are now ready to generate your pairings.
We're subbing aggressively in this tournament because of this; be active and get your games scheduled, and done. As for how subs work, each sub has a number and we'll be randomly picking a number whenever needed.

Ranking System

There will be 4 tournaments, 1 for every season. Depending on where you place in each tournament you will be rewarded with points. At the end of all the seasonals the top 16 points will be invited to the Champions Cup.

This edition of the CAP Seasonal will be handling points differently. In the previous seasonal, you gained points for winning matches which allowed people in the earlier stages in the tournament to get points easier, especially due to activity calls. Now to make qualifying into the Challenge Cup harder and more prestigious, you will only be awarded points based on where you place in this tournament.

Placement Rewards:

1st Place: 25
2nd Place: 16
3rd/4th Place: 12
5th/8th Place: 7
9th/16th Place: 3

Resources:
CAP Viability Rankings | CAP Sample Teams | CAP Cores

yeah I messed up a tag my b thanks for catching it jordy

Last edited:

akaFila

butterscotch love
DetroitLolcat vs Mythlore
pythonSL vs Prototypetrainer
cbrevan vs Birkal
Nurul vs Funbot28
Granny Pie vs Dj Breloominati♬
Jordy
vs Marjane
Rat With Wings vs ShunosaurusLii
jas61292 vs Deku Prince
Magma vs Reviloja753
ItzViper482
vs xavgb
againa vs joey0321
Thathyena vs Escoffier
Take Azelfie vs Frostbiyt
AJag vs Holiano
hoblaph vs snake_rattler
Jho vs reachzero

:jynx:

Yo, we callin' predicts'?

Myth is fun, but DLC is consistent.
cbrevan vs Birkal
Do either of them even know the current meta?
Nurul vs Funbot28
Watch my low rolls and High Jump Kick misses.
Jordy vs Marjane
Rat With Wings
vs ShunosaurusLii
More like Goat With Wings
jas61292 vs Deku Prince
Does jas even know the current meta?
Magma vs Reviloja753
She's got experience, at the very least.
ItzViper482 vs xavgb
More like ItzGoat420
againa vs joey0321
Watch those high rolls and Hurricane confusions.
Thathyena vs Escoffier
I am personally invested in this one. Thathyena tapped into my salt mines, but nobody picks Breloominati over me except for me. :<
More like Take The Lfie. Just kidding I love you man, please beat Frost.
AJag vs Holiano
Who?
hoblaph vs snake_rattler
Snek
Jho vs reachzero
This should have been a Finals match, but you think you gonna beat the man who tilted Finch? Better luck next time, reach.

Last edited:
My predictions are very late but ill keep them true to form regardless:
cbrevan vs Birkal
Nurul vs Funbot28
Jordy
vs Marjane
Rat With Wings vs ShunosaurusLii
jas61292 vs Deku Prince
Magma vs Reviloja753
ItzViper482 vs xavgb
againa vs joey0321
Thathyena vs Escoffier
AJag vs Holiano
hoblaph vs snake_rattler
offler vs reachzero

cheers

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7cap-808671761

Game 1 was a blow out, he did have the better lead than me but it really sucks when he misses Fire Blast and then gets his TR setter nuked by a crit.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7cap-808673890

Game 2 came down to me losing Volcarona due to Poison and overall playing badly around the Mollux, I was using HP Poison on my Keldeo to lure out the Jumbao, Bulu, Fini, etc. so I was running Ground which made the overall MU more scary and Keldeo basically did nothing.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7cap-808677329

Game 3 had some big moments.
T15: He chooses to remove hazards instead of break the sash, guaranteed my win on the final turns had my Volc failed to live the Tomo.
T24: Savage Spinout failing to kill and him missing the Hurricane, in hindsight my safer play might had been to just Fire Blast but I didn't want to risk the miss.
T30: Rain being up prevents me from killing Tomo on the spot

Also my opponent was incredibly unlucky games 1 and 3.

Anyways gg Frostbiyt

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)