Playoffs Grand Slam VII - FINALS [Won by Pearl]

Status
Not open for further replies.

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Won in a great series vs Luthier ggs man!
I know it's only round 1 but as the only person to qualify 3 times for slam play-offs and to lose twice to the winner in round 1, I'm super excited about my win. The series was great, besides me clicking yawn in the final game when I had a Pokemon already asleep. To those that helped me I already pm'd thank you very much. Thank you everyone for watching as well. I know I can easily go out round 2 but I'm just really happy to even see it.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7nu-402672
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7lc-402676
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ubers-402679
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ru-402688

Luthier

Don’t get mad, get even.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Lost in a super fun series.
Being this this is essentially my first year actually playing in tournaments, my goal was actually to just make top 32 at the start of slam. I'm really glad I did better than I hoped for. Sadly it had to end here but I'll come back stronger :).

Also wanted to give s/os to people that helped me along the way.
LC: There are so many god damn people that helped me with this. But mainly my friends Dundies dcae Shrug. Y'all did a great deal of stuff for me. Whether it was passing teams or helping me test them, thank you for that.
Ubers: lmao. still haven't won an Ubers game this slam. Feels bad man. But thanks hyw and Sharow-san for helping me with the stuff u did. There are some more people that helped me through this stuff. You know who you are.
NU: Thank you to Stone_Cold and SANJAY for all the stuff u did. Dave for talking to me at like 1:30 am when we both had 8 ams the next day and Sanjay for being sanjay.
RU: col49 man ur the only reason i got through the later half of my RU open run. Your teams are still the bomb. Alpha Rabbit thanks for helping at the start of it and thanks to Arifeen and Ajna for doing so god damn much for me. Whether it was the consistent pms that I sent you or the random challenges, both of you guys helped me. tysm
UU: Sacri' im sorry that i couldnt use the team that u built for me cuz it was a really dope team that i hoped to use :( but regardless, thanks for that. Also s/o to Adaam for giving teams early on in open and then ofc thanks to Bushtush for helping me out with all of my stuff yesterday and today afternoon. I'll get better just wait for me :P
Goon squad: lmao y'all are whack. But i love all of u guys. thanks for the support and for tolerating all of the stupid stuff i did.

Last but not least, I wanted to thank Hamhamhamham. This man helped me so much through everything. He helped me build for RU, helped me test in every damn tier and even was my own cheerleader when I needed it. Thanks so much man - next year i better see u in playoffs bop.

Anyways luthier signing off. Pce till next tour.

Scottie

formerly Osh
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion

Ren-chon

Lifesbane, 36 layers. How does it look?
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Kinda sad to see things end like this, but thats how the game is and in the end I lost the other tiers fair and square after all. Ggs man, and congrats on (so far) breaking the #1 seed curse.

Now for the shoutouts, cuz why not. I had a LOT of help this slam, and I wouldnt have gone this far without them. I quit playing 'mons right at the end of ORAS and came back some time after USUM was released, so you guys can imagine how shocked I was to see how the low tiers were developing (specially NU... Like, slowbro???), and also how hard it was to adapt like, two months or so before slam happened. Anyway, without further ado:

First of all, HUGE thank you to everyone in the kings serve that I interacted with (or used teams from) at some point:
Kink bebo7788 London13 Zesty43 yeezyknows KingKdot Plas HJAD rssp1 and if I forgot anyone @kingsdiscordserver < consider yourself shoutout'd

Now for more specific shoutouts:
Ubers: Perry didi Muito obrigado pela ajuda em ubers. Eu sei absolutamente 0 da tier e até hoje não sei como peguei R5 disso. Vocês me ajudaram tanto na preparação como nos times (principalmente o perry nos poffs e o didi antes), e pra uma pessoa sem ideia alguma de como se joga isso foi uma mão na roda imensa. Obg mesmo <3 (falando em português porque que tipo de alma arrogante e ignorante falaria em inglês com outros brs? xd)
UU: I mean I got out in r1 and didnt even get to play this in poffs so... Thanks gamefreak for creating this game???
RU: DurzaOffTopic lighthouses and Ari Steelas #1 fan, banned peruano fudido user eren -_-. Slurmz, I first interacted with you in RUPL and can say youre one of the best, hardworking guys Ive seen. You helped me so much when you didnt even need to (both in RUPL even if you werent officialy in the tier and this slam), so thank you so much man <3 As for durza, gotta love your honesty. If something bothers you, or if someone makes a misplay, you point it out right away. I know some people might not like you due to your temper, but honestly considering how many fake people are out there having a friend who isnt afraid of speaking whats in his mind is pretty refreshing in a way. E por último, um dos meus melhores amigos nesse site. Eu te conheço desde a grande época da Evo, mesmo que naquela época eu tenha sido meio que um pnc com você (principalmente na nossa partida pela final da EPL daquele ano. 2014 acho?), mas fico feliz que as coisas tenham mudado. Você é um cara incrível e adoro falar contigo, na boa. Sei que você tá chateado por como sua run no slam e snake foram, mas não desiste pô. Você é um dos melhores RUers que conheço e com certeza vai ter o sucesso que espera e deseja nos próximos torneios, todos temos esses momentos ruins mesmo :nice: Se bem que acho que você vai ficar sem tempo mesmo, já que sei que vai entrar no curso que quer esse ano (bem, próximo) n_n
NU: neomon Man, I wanted to put NU first in my shoutouts cuz no way I could start it without talking about you. Im really, really glad that I got to meet you during one of the br team tours we're always playing in. You pretty much taught me USUM NU, sharing teams and helping aroud whenever I tried building my own, and man, gotta say that your teams are some of the most fun to use out there. I really hope one day we can play together instead of against the other in some team tour, because Im looking forward having you as a team mate even if its some of those random pls. Also, big thanks to snagaa for helping me out with the team I used today, as well as being one of the chilliest guys I know LOL Really glad I met you in RUPL, and plz never change the way you play, I actually laugh whenever I see your crazy plays working. And last, also big thanks to both lax and banks for helping me fix and test some teams I built for this tour <3
LC: ItzViper482 Damn, youre a teambuilding god. I managed to snatch some wins with the AVeil HO you built both in this tour and in other ones, and cant forget the HUGE help in the one tier I was 100% sure Id lose. I was expecting to suck balls playing LC today, and even while prepping I wasnt sure what the fuck Id do, then you just show up with "hey use this team it will instawin vs the stuff he usually brings" and holy fuck if you were right

Also shoutouts to my big friend passion even if hes calling me out on disc rn for not using his RU team ,_, love you too man. In all seriousness, youre an amazing friend and a not annoying weeb on top of that which is a welcome extra. Im really sorry things didnt go well for you pokémon wise but honestly, fuck this game. You did well on quitting LOL All in all, one of the best guys Ive met on this site and one of the very few non-br friends I have in this game, so hope youre thankful for being my friend -_- thanks for being my friend!!!

Por último, os brs com quem eu infelizmente interajo todo santo dia. Vocês são realmente incríveis apesar de serem tóxicos (e alguns serem MUITO BURROS) pra caralho, mas o que importa é ser feliz. Pro povo da EQ e CU, vocês são foda :nice: E também os do baril, já que foi graças a essa comunidade que eu comecei a jogar pokémon a sério mesmo. E pro elodin e ggggd boa sorte aí, tragam esse troféu pra gente.

Also shoutouts lucca apesar de que ele nem vai ler isso então foda-se ?_? E morra goao

If I forgot anyone, Im sorry. Im kinda sleepy as hell rn and was already tagging quite a lot of people so Im sure most of them wont even get tagged but hey who cares. Hopefully I can get a new pc soon so I can play actually good games instead of this shit. Gl to everyone whos still in the tour!!!
:nyanpasu:

Lost in a super fun series.
Being this this is essentially my first year actually playing in tournaments, my goal was actually to just make top 32 at the start of slam. I'm really glad I did better than I hoped for. Sadly it had to end here but I'll come back stronger :).

Also wanted to give s/os to people that helped me along the way.
LC: There are so many god damn people that helped me with this. But mainly my friends Dundies dcae Shrug. Y'all did a great deal of stuff for me. Whether it was passing teams or helping me test them, thank you for that.
Ubers: lmao. still haven't won an Ubers game this slam. Feels bad man. But thanks hyw and Sharow-san for helping me with the stuff u did. There are some more people that helped me through this stuff. You know who you are.
NU: Thank you to Stone_Cold and SANJAY for all the stuff u did. Dave for talking to me at like 1:30 am when we both had 8 ams the next day and Sanjay for being sanjay.
RU: col49 man ur the only reason i got through the later half of my RU open run. Your teams are still the bomb. Alpha Rabbit thanks for helping at the start of it and thanks to Arifeen and Ajna for doing so god damn much for me. Whether it was the consistent pms that I sent you or the random challenges, both of you guys helped me. tysm
UU: Sacri' im sorry that i couldnt use the team that u built for me cuz it was a really dope team that i hoped to use :( but regardless, thanks for that. Also s/o to Adaam for giving teams early on in open and then ofc thanks to Bushtush for helping me out with all of my stuff yesterday and today afternoon. I'll get better just wait for me :P
Goon squad: lmao y'all are whack. But i love all of u guys. thanks for the support and for tolerating all of the stupid stuff i did.

Last but not least, I wanted to thank Hamhamhamham. This man helped me so much through everything. He helped me build for RU, helped me test in every damn tier and even was my own cheerleader when I needed it. Thanks so much man - next year i better see u in playoffs bop.

Anyways luthier signing off. Pce till next tour.
Ass didnt even mention my last minute help.

Kinda sad to see things end like this, but thats how the game is and in the end I lost the other tiers fair and square after all. Ggs man, and congrats on (so far) breaking the #1 seed curse.

Now for the shoutouts, cuz why not. I had a LOT of help this slam, and I wouldnt have gone this far without them. I quit playing 'mons right at the end of ORAS and came back some time after USUM was released, so you guys can imagine how shocked I was to see how the low tiers were developing (specially NU... Like, slowbro???), and also how hard it was to adapt like, two months or so before slam happened. Anyway, without further ado:

First of all, HUGE thank you to everyone in the kings serve that I interacted with (or used teams from) at some point:
Kink bebo7788 London13 Zesty43 yeezyknows KingKdot Plas HJAD rssp1 and if I forgot anyone @kingsdiscordserver < consider yourself shoutout'd

Now for more specific shoutouts:
Ubers: Perry didi Muito obrigado pela ajuda em ubers. Eu sei absolutamente 0 da tier e até hoje não sei como peguei R5 disso. Vocês me ajudaram tanto na preparação como nos times (principalmente o perry nos poffs e o didi antes), e pra uma pessoa sem ideia alguma de como se joga isso foi uma mão na roda imensa. Obg mesmo <3 (falando em português porque que tipo de alma arrogante e ignorante falaria em inglês com outros brs? xd)
UU: I mean I got out in r1 and didnt even get to play this in poffs so... Thanks gamefreak for creating this game???
RU: DurzaOffTopic lighthouses and Ari Steelas #1 fan, banned peruano fudido user eren -_-. Slurmz, I first interacted with you in RUPL and can say youre one of the best, hardworking guys Ive seen. You helped me so much when you didnt even need to (both in RUPL even if you werent officialy in the tier and this slam), so thank you so much man <3 As for durza, gotta love your honesty. If something bothers you, or if someone makes a misplay, you point it out right away. I know some people might not like you due to your temper, but honestly considering how many fake people are out there having a friend who isnt afraid of speaking whats in his mind is pretty refreshing in a way. E por último, um dos meus melhores amigos nesse site. Eu te conheço desde a grande época da Evo, mesmo que naquela época eu tenha sido meio que um pnc com você (principalmente na nossa partida pela final da EPL daquele ano. 2014 acho?), mas fico feliz que as coisas tenham mudado. Você é um cara incrível e adoro falar contigo, na boa. Sei que você tá chateado por como sua run no slam e snake foram, mas não desiste pô. Você é um dos melhores RUers que conheço e com certeza vai ter o sucesso que espera e deseja nos próximos torneios, todos temos esses momentos ruins mesmo :nice: Se bem que acho que você vai ficar sem tempo mesmo, já que sei que vai entrar no curso que quer esse ano (bem, próximo) n_n
NU: neomon Man, I wanted to put NU first in my shoutouts cuz no way I could start it without talking about you. Im really, really glad that I got to meet you during one of the br team tours we're always playing in. You pretty much taught me USUM NU, sharing teams and helping aroud whenever I tried building my own, and man, gotta say that your teams are some of the most fun to use out there. I really hope one day we can play together instead of against the other in some team tour, because Im looking forward having you as a team mate even if its some of those random pls. Also, big thanks to snagaa for helping me out with the team I used today, as well as being one of the chilliest guys I know LOL Really glad I met you in RUPL, and plz never change the way you play, I actually laugh whenever I see your crazy plays working. And last, also big thanks to both lax and banks for helping me fix and test some teams I built for this tour <3
LC: ItzViper482 Damn, youre a teambuilding god. I managed to snatch some wins with the AVeil HO you built both in this tour and in other ones, and cant forget the HUGE help in the one tier I was 100% sure Id lose. I was expecting to suck balls playing LC today, and even while prepping I wasnt sure what the fuck Id do, then you just show up with "hey use this team it will instawin vs the stuff he usually brings" and holy fuck if you were right

Also shoutouts to my big friend passion even if hes calling me out on disc rn for not using his RU team ,_, love you too man. In all seriousness, youre an amazing friend and a not annoying weeb on top of that which is a welcome extra. Im really sorry things didnt go well for you pokémon wise but honestly, fuck this game. You did well on quitting LOL All in all, one of the best guys Ive met on this site and one of the very few non-br friends I have in this game, so hope youre thankful for being my friend -_- thanks for being my friend!!!

Por último, os brs com quem eu infelizmente interajo todo santo dia. Vocês são realmente incríveis apesar de serem tóxicos (e alguns serem MUITO BURROS) pra caralho, mas o que importa é ser feliz. Pro povo da EQ e CU, vocês são foda :nice: E também os do baril, já que foi graças a essa comunidade que eu comecei a jogar pokémon a sério mesmo. E pro elodin e ggggd boa sorte aí, tragam esse troféu pra gente.

Also shoutouts lucca apesar de que ele nem vai ler isso então foda-se ?_? E morra goao

If I forgot anyone, Im sorry. Im kinda sleepy as hell rn and was already tagging quite a lot of people so Im sure most of them wont even get tagged but hey who cares. Hopefully I can get a new pc soon so I can play actually good games instead of this shit. Gl to everyone whos still in the tour!!!
:nyanpasu:

proud as fuck of you man, considering you were dead until essentially a month before slam, im mad impressed by how well you did!!!!
you'll get em next year, cause i know how talented AND NICE you are and seriously you are one of the people that id never advise to quit. keep you head up and just appreciate how you even got here and of how much talent, dedication and skill. you showed to get here

definetly one of the few people that make me stick around, so this is one for a good as friendship

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
1. Osh (40) vs. (60) 8. Teddeh - I think if Teddeh either puts the time into preparing or gets solid enough teams, he should be able to pilot them to victory. He is naturally favored in UU and NU while Osh is in LC, but beyond that I just side with Teddeh's higher level of play to give him the series.

2. Pohjis (51) vs. (49) 7. aim - This is the best set in my opinion. Two active players who are experienced in multiple tiers; sets like this to me are a lot of what GS is about and I'm really excited to watch it go down. Pohjis seems to have a bit better grasp on how to build and a bit more variance, naturally being able to go from stall to offense, so I inherently favor him slightly, but both are at a similar level of play and can succeed in any tier at any time, so I would not be surprised to see aim take it either. I think aim is favored in UU and RU while Pohjis is favored in NU and probably Ubers. LC may very well be the decider; I know Pohjis has been grinding in side tours in LC while aim did well in LC Open, so let's see what happens there, but yea this is a great one in the making imo.

3. Pearl (60) vs. (40) 6. FlamingVictini - Pearl looked dominant as fuck against a great opponent like SoulWind. FV is too busy to even prepare thoroughly and Pearl is on fire, so I think that I'll predict the trend to keep going with Pearl here. The only tier outright I would normally favor FV in is RU and Pearl won RU Open, so that's kinda moot. Ubers/LC/NU aren't specialties of either, but Pearl did have strong showings in these tiers in r1, too, so yea I'm leaning his way in a clash of two of the better remaining players in the tour.

5. HarrisIsAwesome (55) vs. (45) 13. elodin - Close series here, but gotta favor Harris after he beat me in 5 last phase. Elodin is strong in NU and a solid all-around player, but Harris has more direct experience in UU and RU while he is no slack in NU either. I think both will struggle in Ubers/LC, but I ultimately expect them to split those two and then Harris takes UU/RU while Elodin takes NU. Could definitely see it going either way, but leaning towards Harris overall here.

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
1. Osh (RU, LC) vs. 8. Teddeh (Ubers, UU, NU)
2. Pohjis (Ubers, NU, LC) vs. 7. aim (UU, RU)
3. Pearl (UU, RU, NU) vs. 6. FlamingVictini (Ubers, LC)
5. HarrisIsAwesome (UU, RU) vs. 13. elodin (Ubers, NU, LC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)