Media Videogame thread

I’ve been playing Romancing Saga 3 a lot lately and have been fairly impressed. There are issues with the plot, characterization, and direction being barebones, and the fan translation is shoddy as hell, but the gameplay itself is stellar, the boss and enemy design is exemplary, and the soundtrack is fantastic. The battle system feels like Final Fantasy II done correctly, and though the main plot suffers from the lack of clear goalposts, the freedom of exploration is unmatched; there are dozens upon dozens of sidequests that you can tackle as you please (though some sidebosses will definitely shitstomp you without warning), and you have a broad range of options for party composition and customization. Hell, you can put a fucking lobsterman in your party, and he’s damn good too. The difficulty is also customizable; enemies scale based on your level, and most of your stats are dictated by your equipment. Want to powerlevel and clear all the side events before you even fight Arakes? Go for it. Want to fight Forneus early and get shitcanned? Go nuts. Be warned though, there are plenty of ways you can screw yourself over with your choices (*cough*Herman*cough*Monica*cough*). I’d advise against using a guide, though; part of the fun of the game is its explorarion and discovery. I will recommend one thing, though: When it’s time to fight Byunei, go to Mt. Lobo and speak to a dragon named Gawain. You’ll be in for a hell of a ride.

Recently finished Sen no Kiseki 3 JP and spent $200 preordering Sen no Kiseki 4 JP for all the limited edition goodies. I would spend anything for the most premium limited edition package it seems. I like how the ending credits of Sen 3 told me to "watch the damn fairytale until it is finished" word for word in English LOL. It took me a long time to finish since I do not have much time for games but overall it exceeded expectations. In fact, I would say it is best game in the series so far until Sen 4 I bet. I wrote a bit about it before and most familiar with the series are waiting for the ENG version so I won't comment much more on it.

Sen 4 JP is right around the corner coming in September. Never been so excited before waiting on a game. It has led me to a Kiseki music and drawing spree.

Recently finished Sen no Kiseki 3 JP and spent $200 preordering Sen no Kiseki 4 JP for all the limited edition goodies. I would spend anything for the most premium limited edition package it seems. I like how the ending credits of Sen 3 told me to "watch the damn fairytale until it is finished" word for word in English LOL. It took me a long time to finish since I do not have much time for games but overall it exceeded expectations. In fact, I would say it is best game in the series so far until Sen 4 I bet. I wrote a bit about it before and most familiar with the series are waiting for the ENG version so I won't comment much more on it.

Sen 4 JP is right around the corner coming in September. Never been so excited before waiting on a game. It has led me to a Kiseki music and drawing spree.
really hoping it's good, I got kind of bored of Coldsteel 2 which seems to be the low point of the series after Sky 3rd. Didn't help that I was playing it after Ao which has been the high point so far. Then again, I played 3rd, Zero, and Ao all last year so maybe I just needed a break.

Great news, guys. One Super Seducer apparently wasn't enough! :blobnom:
I like how both the developer and publisher are listed RLR Training Inc. They're taking this very seriously.

i wanna try lovelive school idol festival ahahahaha

odd opinion: i like star wars battlefront: renegade squadron

i actually played the bionicle game on the gamecube as a little kid. move along

(if you dont know what the move along thing is, it is a song by the all - american rejects, and appeared in an ad for the lego bionicle series that was in voya nui, the series of 2006.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I am not LPing another gameplay visual novel but for all your gameplay eroge needs, Evenicle is now on Steam! AKA Rance-lite.

Seeing as how nobody's posted here in over a month: Since getting their new adult content filters up and running a few weeks ago, Steam is very predictably seeing a boom in that type of content.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
im doing a full timeline playthru of zelda: skyward sword, ocarina of time, majoras mask, twilight princess in a row, culminating in the botw final battle that ive been avoiding for ten months clad in amiibo-given twilight princess gear. i had never played zelda before starting breath of the wild this past january, so it's taking some getting used to. im on the third temple of skyward sword rn, and the controls kind of suck but c'est la vie. i liked them at first, but when link swings his sword the wrong direction i get frustrated and end up just wiggling the remote at random until I get a hit off. ive heard ocarina is rly good tho, so i just gotta slog thru until i'm the hero of f*cking hyrule

It’s finally here! Well I got it right before the weekend but was too busy playing the game. Sen no Kiseki 4 came out in Japan on Sep 27. Currently in the first chapter but it is living up to expectations already and the soundtrack is pretty good so far. I like how the game tries to do a little summary in the prologue with the character interactions just in case you chose Sen 4 to start the series for some reason. I ended up getting the Eternal Edition which comes with everything below and costs about $200 with shipping. Removed anything remotely spoilerish so don’t worry if you have played Sen 1.

Wall scroll (basically the complete cover of the game), comic book, dlc codes, Reinford pocket watch (that’s what made it so expensive), inside the big box are the confidential synopsis books and the game

Going to disappear from the world for a while

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
In a world where Steam is allowing true blue adult content and even Nintendo has somewhat loosened the stick from their asses a bit since the release of the Switch with regard to fanservicey stuff, Sony is going full throttle the other direction and just standing in front of an ocean of anime tiddies with their arms stretched out like they ain't about to be swallowed up by a tidal wave of 'em. Funny thing about the former: There's already a Vita version of the game that has the same soft censorship as the Switch version just launched, so the PS4 BLINDING RAYS OF LIGHT must be a new management thing.

Sony, I don't like this new side of you. Not that I ever liked Sony since the "shitty Square button on PSP is a feature not a bug" thing anyway.

In other news, RDR2 tomorrow. But fuck Rockstar too for the way they treat PC gamers.

In a world where Steam is allowing true blue adult content and even Nintendo has somewhat loosened the stick from their asses a bit since the release of the Switch with regard to fanservicey stuff, Sony is going full throttle the other direction and just standing in front of an ocean of anime tiddies with their arms stretched out like they ain't about to be swallowed up by a tidal wave of 'em. Funny thing about the former: There's already a Vita version of the game that has the same soft censorship as the Switch version just launched, so the PS4 BLINDING RAYS OF LIGHT must be a new management thing.

Sony, I don't like this new side of you. Not that I ever liked Sony since the "shitty Square button on PSP is a feature not a bug" thing anyway.

In other news, RDR2 tomorrow. But fuck Rockstar too for the way they treat PC gamers.
That's not even the worst of it, the western release for Omega Labyrinth Z got cancelled seemingly after the localization studio had put a significant amount of work into it awhile back. None of these are games I care about but it sets a really bad precedent for the future.

In general I feel like being squarely in first place this console generation (MS has pretty much given up on Xbone and Switch is doing very well but has a long way to catch up) may have gone to Sony's head in a bad way, stuff like the way they dismissed crossplay for Fortnite because "PlayStation is the best place to play" was a pretty lame move even if they did backpedal after everyone complained.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Spyro reignited is so prettyyyyy reeeeeeee

My only complaint is that the controls seem janky, but that might also have to do with making him lightning fast and giving him a jump nearly 1.5x that of the original while keeping everything else nearly proportional

I'm about to finish Octopath Traveler (fantastic game btw, if you like RPGs you should pick it up), and I'm looking for a new RPG experience to play once that's done. Right now I'm torn between Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Dark Souls Remastered. Suggestions?

I am really glad they are taking the time to make the US kingdom Hearts 3 the right way because from what I hear the Japan early release was full of bugs
It is good to see the US Square Enix isn't going to make the fans deal with that
I personally hope it comes out on switch later after they release it on Xbox one and PS4

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
KH3 only went gold within the last week and isn't even out yet.

And I haven't heard of anything about bugs, just Osaka team's bullshit game design philosophy leaking through in the demos.

I'd really appreciate a Switch port of KH3 as well. If we get one, I hope the Switch version has even fewer bugs than the PS4 and XBONE versions.

Speaking of Switch ports, I really want a Pikmin 3 DX as well. It's the only hypothetical Wii U port that I want right now. Otherwise, I'm satisfied with my tiny library.

I don't know what you mean by went gold, but it has been highly anticipated for a long while. Karxrida
Mova they have said it is possible they will work on a switch version after they release it on PS4/Xbox One.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't know what you mean by went gold, but it has been highly anticipated for a long while. Karxrida
Mova they have said it is possible they will work on a switch version after they release it on PS4/Xbox One.
Went gold means they're done working on the game and its ready to be shipped/has been shipped already

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I got a ps4 to play spiderman the other day, and i was hopin to get some recommendations for Cool Games. heres what i already have:
-rdr2 from bundle
-spiderman
-shadow of the colossus
-skyrim
-fallout 4
-shadow of mordor

i also have a switch with dragonball fighter z and xenoverse and the southpark games. i think everything else i have for switch is an exclusive or skyrim, so thats pretty much my current gen. if theres a rly insanely cool 4k hdr game im missing lemme know.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
I got a ps4 to play spiderman the other day, and i was hopin to get some recommendations for Cool Games. heres what i already have:
-rdr2 from bundle
-spiderman
-shadow of the colossus
-skyrim
-fallout 4
-shadow of mordor

i also have a switch with dragonball fighter z and xenoverse and the southpark games. i think everything else i have for switch is an exclusive or skyrim, so thats pretty much my current gen. if theres a rly insanely cool 4k hdr game im missing lemme know.
The latest God of War is really good from what I've heard

RODAN

Banned deucer.
-rdr2 from bundle
-spiderman
-shadow of the colossus
-skyrim
-fallout 4
-shadow of mordor

get and play yakuza 0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)