Playoffs Grand Slam VII - FINALS [Won by Pearl]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo was a fun run lads, I’m winning slam next year though. S/O’s to ItzViper482 You put massive time into me whether it was testing or prepping and I truly do believe the only reason I won vs teddeh in LC was because of all the help you've given me so thank you very very much,SilvioGuacamole big ass goat! Zesty43 huge help in ubers and kinda upset I didn’t get to play in my series but major thank you, EviGaro You helped me so much fucking much when it came to teams and I thank you very much for it, ,Indigo Plateau,thanks for taking your time to build me a team and although I lost it was very helpful, HarrisIsAwesome very good friend your gonna go big just watch :D, DurzaOffTopic Ty for the teams early on in RU open and helping me in finals! Sage for passing RU screens which I think was the only reason I got to finals so thank you! Pearl I really hope I can beat you one day tbh, and finally ILoveMilk for being the best NU builder I’ve ever seen OML such a good and cute user. GG’s to Teddeh was a fun series.

Edit: also big ass s/o to den and MSPL for all the help and support!

Last edited:

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
won 3-2 vs harrisisawesome! ggs bro, super close series.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-404271
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7nu-404278
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-404283
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ubers-404286
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7lc-404288

[5:25 PM] Ojama: is slam a 1 week deadline?
[5:26 PM] obii: uh
[5:26 PM] obii: yeah
[5:30 PM] Ojama: so elodin will lose twice over the weekend
[5:30 PM] Ojama: can a man be more depressed than elodin already is

Lost to Elodin in a good series, ggs dude

It's a shame that my run comes to an end here, but I'm definitely not mad and have tons of respect for Elodin. I consider my first Grand Slam run a major success and this tour was very fun overall. Definitely had my hopes for how well I would do in this tour but I'm definitely not ashamed of quarters. I will probably give specific shoutouts later to everyone who helped me, but for now, you guys know who you are. Thanks to everyone for a fantastic slam! Until next time hopefully

Denial

formerly Lunala
is a Past WCoP Champion
Ehy! Sorry for the probably bad english, but im here just to say that this slam has been a great experience. Had a lot of fun helping Sjneider and Harris, youre really nice guys and its a real shame youre both out so soon. This slam really helped me improving with my teambuilding skills and im still speechless that you really picked me with all the great players around. Gl to all the others slammers.

Scottie

formerly Osh
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
lost, Extremely disappointed with how I played nu and lc, got too carried away in the nu game and ultimately paid for it in the end. Maid a mistake in the later stage of the LC game too and with little to no UU experience teddeh got the upper hand in that one. It definitely blows to go out like this 2-0 up and Ur "best tier" left to go but teddeh played it will in the end so good look to you sir in the remaining rounds.

thank you to bebo7788 for the Ru team,I really appreciated that a lot man

and special special thanks to SANJAY for all the help since round 1 of opens, definitely could not of made it this far without your help, team advice testing ideas and general presence. Sorry I wasn't able to close out this one.

Overall this has been a great experience for me, ive always wanted to do really well in this tour but it was more of an ambition and I never actually thought I'd be capable of making it. If you had told me before it started that i'd be top seed with 40 poitns and an open under my belt id say youre crazy, but here we are.

I look forward to the future and hopefully I can do better next year and really knuckle down on tiers like UU and Ru, as I think that's the one thing that was always gonna hold me down from going all the way.

Gl to everyone remaining, rooting for Joey!

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Lost vs Pohjis, ggs man!

I wish I could have given you a better RU/Ubers match, but your prep was really incredible there. Not upset about how I played at all though. Thank you to everyone who has helped me at any point during slam, whether it be playoffs or opens. Tony, Pearl, LL, Zesty, Taranteeno (and everyone who helped him help me), Count (and everyone who helped him help me), Sken, 49, UB, Nat, Trash even though we never talked I just scooped up your teams from a pastebin I found, Finch the list goes on and on, appreciate all of you taking the time to help me. Blunder thank you for the constant words of support in the chat, I find myself clicking back to the chat just to see your reaction when I make a play. GL Pohjis in playoffs, I have tons of friends here but you definitely are one of the most deserving. Would be happy with anyone in semis taking it all. Gl to the rest of my frens :]

In all likelihood, this was my last slam run. Funnily enough, I wouldn't even be here had elodin not forced me to sign up, and then proceed to ditch me for all team support. I originally had planned to forfeit all of my opens the moment I lost one, and here I am now months later... So, elodin, fuck you, and thank you.

This series vs pearl was very fun. As painful as it was to prepare for 5 tiers, of which I only vaguely play one, in less than 24 hrs, I do want to thank the TDs for locking the tiers in poffs. Dealing with meta shifts at this stage would be mega-aids. Inevitably, I am a bit upset at the mistakes I made, from running 0 satk starmie or miscalcing vs eviolite trapinch, or messing up at the very end of a very difficult but thrilling nu game. Still, I enjoyed myself. So thank you Pearl for being a great opponent (our series almost makes me want to play this god-awful tournament again), and also for picking me up for that SPL that feels like it was so, so long ago.

Rambling aside, thank you aim, obii, Hootie, dcae, Exiline, Alpha Rabbit, and everyone else who supported me (fuck elodin, remember?). I probably would have brought the exact same teams every round except in RU if it weren't for you guys dealing with my last minute team-panicking. Also, shoutouts to the goat Aeroblacktyl for dem heat mono-choice team, and the grand slam group that didn't kick me out and fed me teams. I'll see y'all in SPL. Peace.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
2. Pohjis (Ubers, LC) (45) vs. (55) 3. Pearl (UU, RU, NU) - HUGE HEAT MATCH-UP. Two of the best all-around modern generation players here and I am very excited to see what comes of it. Both have been using good teams and making even better players for the past couple of months. Honestly, this would be a good final in my eyes, but unfortunately we're getting it one round sooner. Regardless, these two are neck-and-neck imo, but Pearl gets the advantage for actually having used the Necc successfully, unlike resident wannabe NU GOAT Eternally btw. I think conventionally you favor Pohjis in Ubers/NU and Pearl in UU/RU given experience and success relative to the other in those settings, but I see it a bit differently. Pohjis has been really consistent in LC and has grinded their tournament circuit for a minute so I see him as a favorite there personally, but I think NU is actually pretty much a toss-up. Both are good players who won't make a poor team selection and I feel like little match-up elements and outplaying will determine it given my personal feelings about both and the NU meta. It's going to be close one way or another, but I'm giving Pearl the slight edge as he has been my favorite all along and just impressed me slightly more up to this point.

8. Teddeh (UU, NU) (49) vs. (51) 13. elodin (Ubers, RU, LC) - I think Elodin wants it more and that will go a long way here seeing as both have some knowledge/competency gaps that they can fill up with preparation and improved understandings (this is not a shot so much as it is acknowledging that neither happens to be a mainstay in non-NU metagames, but rather just solid overall players). I'm still unsure what Teddeh's process is and the extent of his footprint in tiers that aren't UU or NU really, but elodin definitely is giving it his all and for that I favor him slightly despite giving Teddeh the edge as an overall player. Close series nevertheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)