The NFL Fantasy Football Thread, 2018-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, 8 man.

It's kind of silly really.. everyone has basically an allstar team. And yes, some questionable pickups during draft.

It's nonppr, so it's not as fun as you'd imagine.

Man.. after doing PPR.. nonppr is such doodoo. But the commish is convinced it's unfair and bs that receivers can get points just for a catch.

Plus he has points set as... if they get 49 yards, its 4 points, not 4.9 so you get screwed often (so does everyone). really fucks with the potential of teams.

I'm not a huge fan of ppr myself. I prefer ppfd (points per first down) which rewards more for actually helping teams irl. Yahoo supports it too. Keeps players like Jordan Howard and Lynch from being trash in comparison to newer RBS like McCaffrey and gurley who get loads of catches

That would be nice. For those hard working 1-2yd gains to move the chains.

Also. The guy is now wanting Theilan for Ez Elliott instead. Idk if that’s on par. Nonppr of course.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I like the compromise of half ppr. It definitely deepens the pool of potential starters and rewards the work of chain movers, but doesn't overinflate WR and H back scores.

Non ppr AND non fractional points? What year is this, 1991?

I like the compromise of half ppr. It definitely deepens the pool of potential starters and rewards the work of chain movers, but doesn't overinflate WR and H back scores.

Non ppr AND non fractional points? What year is this, 1991?
yeah half ppr is good, im a fan of that.

and i know dude.. give me that fractional points.. fuckers.

At this point, I'm treating Conner as the starter until he isn't. Nothing I've read or heard lends me to believe that Bell will suit up as a Steeler again, other than some "reports." Well, those "reports" said Bell would play Week 1. I've had people try to buy Conner from me at 75-80% of his current value, trying to sell me on the possibility of him losing his job, but I'm just gonna ride and die with Conner. Because as a bellcow RB in an elite offense, which he is, he's among the most valuable fantasy commodities there are in the modern age where players you draft as RB2s end up busting or in timeshares (see Drake, Henry, Miller, Freeman, etc etc). And even if Bell returns, Conner isn't going to all of the sudden become waiver fodder - I could see it as a Gordon/Ekeler situation, with Conner getting more of a snap share than Ekeler does considering the unique situation with Bell.

tl;dr James Conner is good

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well at this point bell absolutely must return prior to week 10 to accrue a season and become a free agent in the spring. He'd be stupid to miss out on that, because Pittsburgh could then reuse that tag again at no additional cost and he'd lose another year. He's reaching that age now where, on paper, he's approaching that wall where rbs typically begin to decline, and the closer he gets to that threshold the harder it'll be to get that big guaranteed contract he wants. He will absolutely return before week 10, so the real question then becomes "what will Pittsburgh do with him?". The trade deadline is only 2 weeks away so if he doesn't sign his tender in that time he won't be playing anywhere else this season. Realistically, as good as Conner has been, Pittsburgh will still want to get as much out of Bell as they can over the final weeks of the season to maximize his return before he splits. You can bet he's going to play, and Conner will become more of a 1b in that timeshare. Conner would probably still see considerable snaps and goal line work, but he'd become more of an rb2/flex for fantasy purposes. I honestly don't see a trade happening, so there's very little chance Conner retains rb1 value for the rest of the year. If you're going to trade him, now is absolutely the time. But he's still got high end rb1 value and should be traded as such.

Odds are very good that Bell returns and suffers an “injury” that prevents him from playing. He will absolutely return to the team within the next month, but I wouldn’t say he will definitely play this year.

My top 2 projected RBs in League A both went down with groin injuries in the span of a few days. Good swift kick in the balls for me in what's been a dumpster fire of a season so far. Really irritated that I went to go pick up Doug Martin, who'll probably disappoint me but was necessary depth, and then read that Lynch is likely headed towards IR instead of missing a month. So in the end, I ended up dropping a player who I was hoping to stash for upside instead of the player who could miss the rest of the fantasy season. Can't wait for him to blow up this week and then lose a FAAB bidding war.

At least one silver lining this week is that Chubb is finally getting unleashed, but he probably can't save my team single-handedly.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Drop Nick Chubb, as soon as that happens Hyde gets traded and someone picks him up off waivers. SMH. Not my season this year.

Oh sweet, I got Nick Chubb off waivers.

Some guy dropped him for Ito Smith.

Time to play him over Yeldon just to see what this fucker can do. Risking the W.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
As of this point in the early 3rd quarter, my entire team is being outscored by John Brown, Trey Burton, and Denver DEF.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
League A: Midseason Review Edition
Why did I waste all morning doing this?
Edit: I am done and too lazy to go back and add FAAB budgets remaining. Me and WB have all $100 still, though.

My preseason tiers
Bye weekers: Kareem of the Crop (shadowpandax), Spider 2 Y Bananas (the best)
Contenders: Joe Vincent Flacco (Stallion), Mixon Match (fatty), Punts With A C (biggie), Whiteskins (ck49), The American Dreams (tad38)
Contenders?: Lockett Down (Texas), Funky Butt Lovin' (waterbum)
Shitty Autodrafter Tier: PatriotsAreCheater (Aerodactyl Legend), For Whom Odell Tolls AKA Like a Kevin Boss (zerowing/makiri)
Shittier Autodrafter Tier: Joshua's Unreal Team (finkinator)

Expert rankings
TADs / Whiteskins (100%), Kareem (99.9%), Grudens (99.7%), Mixon (99.5%)
Odell (94.3%)
PatsCheat (91.8%), Cunts (91.2%), Flacco (89.7%)
Lockett (86.9%), BANMEPLEASE (84.6%)
Fraud Josh (80.2%)

Actual standings
[1] 7-0: FBL, 868.44 points for (1st)
[2] 5-2: PatsCheat, 770.16 PF (5th)
[3-5] 4-3: Joshua, 839.08 PF (2nd); Mixon, 761.58 PF (7th); Whiteskins, 759.66 PF (8th)
[6-10] 3-4: Cunts, 806.78 PF (3rd); Grudens, 798.68 PF (4th); Flacco, 768.40 PF (6th); Odell, 758.92 PF (9th); Lockett, 722.20 PF (10th)
[11] 2-5: Kareem, 705.36 PF (11th)
[12] 1-6: TADs, 702.04 (12th)

Funky Butt Lovin' ( WaterBomb )
[QB] D.Watson, C.Wentz [RB] A.Kamara, D.Cook, J.White, J.Connor
[WR] D.Thomas, A.Jeffery, W.Fuller, J.Nelson, J.Washington [TE] J.Graham, V.Davis [DST] W.Lutz, PHI
High risk drafting here. Watson in the 3rd as first QB off the board might be fun, but it's a mistake by any reasonable analysis. Wentz should still anchor the spot anyway if Watson doesn't hit it big, really strong starting RBs. WR corps is the real risky biz. Both DT and Jeffery have potential to be top WRs, Thomas with an improved QB situation and Jeffery if he gets healthy, but the most likely case is they're both mediocre at best. None of the depth is reliable either but have potential to be starting material. Could easily be either dead last or run away with the chip.
Notable changes: None.
What happened: Watson is nothing special and Cook hasn't done jack. But it turns out James Conner in the 13th round is the steal of the draft and he's got three Top 10 RBs despite his second-rounder being a dud. Considering that, the rest of his team has done enough to allow the RB corps to carry him. Also he's literally had over 100 fewer points scored against him so far than anyone else this season. Well, that's gotta change eventually but his RB corps turned out way too good to not take him to the playoffs, and he has a two-game lead for the #1 seed.

PatriotsAreCheaters ( Aerodactyl Legend )
[QB] C.Newton, B.Roflsburger [RB] D.Lewis, M.Ingram, G.Bernard
[WR] D.Hopkins, A.Green, L.Fitzgerald, J.Doctson [TE] K.Rudolph, G.Kittle, C.Clay [DST] G.Zuerlein, LAR, HOU
The autodraft curse strikes again, three more trash TEs taking up space for what should've been good RB/WR depth. (Although Rudolph is arguably the last better-than-waiver TE.) Excellent starting WRs and one of the better starting QBs may anchor this team, but there's nobody behind Fitz at WR4 and boy that RB corps... Lewis is really risky and Ingram is missing the first four games, good as he may be the remaining 12, and again there's no depth.
Notable changes: Add McCoy (RB).
What happened: He's mainly benefitting from being second in points against by a slightly less significant margin than WB is #1. His top two WRs are performing strong but overall his team is doing pretty average and his opponents so far have scored well below average against him. Kittle has been a pleasant surprise at TE though.

Joshua's Unreal Team ( Finchinator )
[QB] D.Brees, P.Rivers [RB] J.McKinnon, M.Gordon, S.Michel, A.Jones, C.Anderson
[WR] K.Allen, C.Davis, K.Benjamin [TE] Z.Ertz, R.Seals-Jones [DST] M.Bryant, JAX, GB
Sadly, autodrafter #4 the Fink was handed McKinnon. No sympathy, that's karma for not showing up and/or properly setting your autodraft order. Otherwise, this probably would've been a really good team because he ended up with the third best TE (and only one worthless backup), a solid QB, and both a strong RB1 (Gordon's really good despite the McKinnon mishap) and WR1. As-is, this team is a dumpster fire because his WR3 is pukeworthy and Michel's not suited to be an immediate starter.
Notable changes: Add Richard (RB), Ridley (WR).
What happened: Honestly, I don't know. Gordon is performing up to his draft stock and so is Ertz, but his starting WRs are still mediocre with zero depth. I guess it's all Michel carrying in RB2 during the past few weeks, however he's injured again so I don't know how well Fink's record can hold up. Richard should be a good waiver pickup to fill in, however.

Mixon Match ( fatty )
[QB] M.Mariota, D.Carr [RB] E.Elliot, D.Henry, C.Carson, T.Cohen, R.Penny
[WR] A.Thielen, A.Robinson, E.Sanders, R.Woods, K.Golladay [TE] R.Gronkowski [DST] G.Gano, NE
Sort of a mix between biggie and shadowpandax's team, being slightly RB-leaning but with a better WR1 and the league's premier TE. Zeke is a more reliable pick than Barkley, but Henry is a pretty weak RB2 and who knows if any of the WRs behind Thielen will actually live up to their draft positions.
Notable changes: Add Mahomes (QB), Howard (RB), Hines (RB). Remove Cohen (RB), Thielen (WR).
What happened: So, that's Mahomes guy? Yeah. Forget Thielen, Sanders is quietly the #3 WR himself and Woods is #8 WTF. Hines is a surprisingly decent pickup as a second RB and he made a trade for Howard as well, who has been underperforming but can always bounce back. Golladay is good depth too. This team looks pretty dangerous moving forward, as long as the WRs don't regress.

Whiteskins ( ck49 )
[QB] A.Smith [RB] T.Gurley, J.Howard, J.Ajayi, K.Johnson, I.Crowell, N.Chubb
[WR] T.Hilton, JOSH GORDON!!!, S.Watkins, P.Garcon, D.Bryant [TE] J.Doyle [DST] J.Elliott, TEN
Nice Dez meme pick. Best starting RBs in da lee, including a reliable #3, and I think Alex Smith is being criminally underrated as a QB starter. (I have him in the company of Brees and friends, not waiver trash like the expert consensus.) But boy is that WR corps risky as all hell. If they live up to expectations, or the RB corps anchors the team well enough that it doesn't matter if they do, this team will see success... but I'm glad it's not my team.
Notable changes: Add Thielen (WR), Cohen (RB). Remove Howard (RB), Ajayi (RB).
What happened: Gurley is broken. He's also getting the best of the Thielen-Howard trade with Mixon Match. Those two hold together an otherwise mediocre team.

Punts With A C ( biggie )
[QB] K.Cousins, D.Prescott [RB] S.Barkley, C.McCaffrey, Du.Johnson, R.Jones
[WR] A.Cooper, M.Jones, C.Hogan, D.Funchess, R.Matthews [TE] T.Burton, E.Ebron [DST] M.Prater, DEN
Overall good team I think due to a lack of serious weaknesses. There's no standout WR1, but a solid batch of likely WR2s. TEs aren't great but have better upside than most waiver trash. RB depth is fine, but he'll be dependent on Barkley performing to expectations to be a contender. Biggie was willing to take him over Kamara and the non-Brown WRs at #6 overall.
Notable changes: Add J.Brown (WR)
What happened: He's got the next best thing to Gurley and a really solid RB2 as well. His WRs have been worse than expected but the strong starting RBs still carry him and Ebron has been one of the best TEs so far. If the WRs pick up he'll be a force, but his depth is worrying.

Spider 2 Y Bananas (me)
[QB] R.Wilson, J.Goff [RB] Da.Johnson, K.Drake, C.Hyde, C.Thompson
[WR] T.Hill, J.Smith-Schuster, C.Kupp, N.Agholor, R.Cobb [TE] J.Reed, T.Eifert [DST] H.Butker, BAL
I was high on both Hill and JUJU, so of course I ended up with both of them as my 2nd and 3rd rounders (#3 first pick). Round 4 my RB prospects were dwindling fast and I flexed to pick up Drake despite having Wilson ranked slightly higher overall; I still got Wilson anyway. I'm not one to take QB early, and QB depth this year is as good as it's ever been, but I think Rodgers and Wilson are 1-2 by a very significant margin. Part of taking Drake first was wanting to take Ingram as my RB3, but he got sniped and I had to settle for Hyde in the 6th. Walker went in R7 which is the last TE on my board I considered better than replacement level, so that's how I ended up with Reed in the 10th (!). I took Agholor with that pick despite having Lockett ranked ahead of him, not expecting Texas to sneak up and scoop Lockett up that early, bleh.

So, I'm mostly happy with my team. Obviously TE is a punt if the Injury Boys don't pay off, but considering Reed is a Top 5 guy if healthy (and possibly Eifert too) there's no risk at the point I took him. I don't think more than the top 5-7 TEs are any better than streaming off waivers. I've got the #2 QB, four reliable starters, and good FLEXing with upside. If one of my TEs stick, I'm a championship contender. If all my depth flops and Hill/Juju don't perform up to my lofty expectations, I'm struggling.
Notable changes: Add Mixon (RB), Lockett (WR). Remove Hyde (RB), Thompson (RB), Kupp (WR).
What happened: I've got 100 more points scored against me than anyone else, that's what fucking happened.
I'm still very happy with my team, although disappointed in how poorly Reed is doing despite NOT being injured yet. That said, I didn't pay much for him unlike where I drafted Wilson. But Hill and Juju are doing even better than I predicted, when I was already high on them going into the draft, and Johnson has managed to maintain an acceptable floor despite Arizona's woes. Getting Mixon from Texas makes me feel extremely secure at RB2 and though Drake is disappointing relative to expectations, he's still a good RB3/Flex. I've got three Top 25 players in both positions, so I expect to bounce back when people stop scoring 150 on me weekly and be a title contender... Bad luck might keep me out of a Bye seed though.

Joe Vincent Flacco ( Stallion )
[QB] M.Stafford [RB] K.Hunt, A.Collins, P.Barber, A.Peterson, M.Breida, J.Wilkins
[WR] Ju.Jones, G.Tate, B.Cooks, K.Cole, D.Moore [TE] G.Olsen [DST] D.Carlson, CAR
Eschewed single-starter positional backups for early season depth in the RB/WR corps. Despite loading up most heavily on RB, I actually like this WR corps more. Hunt is a reliable RB1 but Collins as RB2 is looking over his shoulder hoping not to get too much of his scoring poached by Dixon/Allen. Barber is kinda there, but can't be relied upon to hold the TB starting spot either. Peterson's very limited at this point even if he is technically the starter, Breida is on the wrong side of a timeshare with AlfMo even after the 49ers lost McKinnon, and Wilkins is probably irrelevant. In contrast, the WR corps has three safe starters and Cole with great upside. Good TE. Reasonable contender.
Notable changes: None.
What happened: Nothing really. He's Pats Are Cheaters with 100 extra points scored against him, hench the two extra losses. Very average team performing averagely. Indeed, Collins is as lacking as I thought he might be, however Peterson and Breida have been surprisingly solid thus far and may well continue to be. His WR corps is as solid as expected.

Like a Kevin Boss For Whom Odell Tolls ( makiri )
[QB] A.Rodgers, J.Garoppolo [RB] R.Burkhead, T.Coleman, B.Powell
[WR] O.Beckham, D.Adams, D.Baldwin, T.Williams [TE] E.Engram, O.Howard, C.Brate [DST] J.Tucker, MIN, NO
Top QB, nutty WR starters. Again, lacks depth having autodrafted three TEs and multiple defenses. I don't think he fared as well as tad, unfortunately, as R.Freeman's upside is better than this entire RB corps let alone Bell anchoring RB1 for tad.
Notable changes: Add Lindsay (RB), Ekeler (RB), D.Jackson (WR). Remove Burkhead (RB).
What happened: You got me, man. His points against are bad but not outlandish, his team looks decent on paper. He's got three Top 25 both RBs and WRs. I suppose he's mostly just had pretty narrow losses. I'm not sure his roster can hold up into the second half the season though, it's pretty touch-and-go with production spread across a lot of low-end RBs. (Also I just gave him Smallwood for nothing apparently because WHY IS POWELL ON IR DAMMIT DO I REALLY HAVE TO START TY FUCKING MONTGOMERY IN MY RB2 SLOT NEXT WEEK? But Clement is probably the better RB to own in Philly's backfield too.)

Lockett Down ( Texas Cloverleaf )
[QB] A.Luck [RB] L.Fournette, J.Mixon, L.McCoy, M.Lynch
[WR] M.Thomas, M.Goodwin, S.Shepard, T.Lockett, M.Williams, A.Miller, R.Grant [TE] V.McDonald [DST] C.Boswell, CHI
Reminds me of WB's team, very high risk/reward here. Main differences are that Texas punted TE and he doesn't have as good a backup plan if Luck sucks (though the depth still on waivers is surprisingly good, so nobody's totally screwed at QB honestly), but he has a better WR1 and literally four startable RBs, though both Mixon and McCoy are risky at RB2 (Mixon has to step up, or McCoy needs to not drop off and he's pretty old) while Lynch is more of a high RB3/FLEX. If Texas can flip one of those RBs for a more reliable WR2 rather than half a dozen low-end WR3s, he might be the man to beat. As-is, he's a volatile maybe-contender.
Notable changes: Add Ryan (QB), Hyde (RB), Thompson (RB), Kupp (WR), Kelce (TE). Remove Mixon (RB), McCoy (RB), Lynch (RB), Lockett (WR).
What happened: His roster looks absolutely nothing like it did post-draft, it's Thomas and a whole new crew basically. Mixon for Hyde/Thompson? Uhh yeah, looks like I won that trade handily while Lockett/Kupp were just an even swap. That said, he's really struggling since his supposed strong RB corps isn't even seeing the field. He may bounce back if his RBs do, Thompson/Fournette from injury and/or Hyde produces in the latter's stead since being traded IRL. He has three good WRs and nabbed Kelce for Lynch, the rest of the roster is there.

Kareem of the Crop ( shadowpandax )
[QB] M.Ryan [RB] D.Freeman, L.Miller, J.Williams, A.Morris
[WR] A.Brown, J.Landry, M.Crabtree, R.Anderson, J.Edelman, K.Stills, A.Hurns [TE] T.Kelce [DST] M.Crosby, PIT
RB corps are a smidge below average but entirely passable, Brown anchors a really strong WR corps sort of like the reverse of biggie's strong RBs and okay WRs. However, this team improves on biggie's balanced formula by having the #2 TE and Brown being more of a sure thing than Barkley. Ryan's not a great starting QB, but it's hard to argue the strategy given the depth of the position this year.
Notable changes: Add Rivers (QB), Chubb (RB). Remove Ryan (QB), Freeman (RB), Kelce (TE).
What happened: Freeman died and Miller is grossly underachieving in a way I'm glad David Johnson isn't, so he basically has no RB corps. Apparently, Brown is also not better than Barkley, though his WRs corps is still strong. Too strong compared to his RBs, even, since you can't start five receivers. :/ Trading Kelce isn't doing him any favors either. It's possible all his recent RB pickups turn things around, Ito Smith and Doug Martin to say nothing of Chubb, but I'm not convinced it'll be enough.

The American Dreams (tad38)
[QB] T.Brady, P.Mahomes [RB] L.Bell, R.Freeman, M.Mack
[WR] M.Evans, S.Diggs, J.Crowder, C.Godwin [TE] D.Walker, D.Njoku, J.Cook [DST] S.Gostkowski, LAC, ATL
I don't care how good he's alleged to be, the fact is that R.Freeman is starting on the wrong side of a timeshare to start the season and is by no means guaranteed to be a Top 20 guy. Mack also has upside, he might be an everydown back and if Luck is good to go the Colts might not be hot garbage, but he isn't likely to impress. Good third WR but the depth here is extremely worrying, good job autodraft with one okay and two waiver trash TEs. Also, like, the top K and a good starter DEF big whoop. Of course, the computer loves tad's lazy autodraft.
Notable changes: Add Yeldon (RB), L.Murray (RB). Remove Mahomes (QB).
What happened: Autodraft drew bust after bust after bust. Bell, oof. Freeman, double oof. Crowder isn't doing jack either at WR3, so he's lacking a good FLEX too and no depth. Diggs and Evans are great, but they're no Gurley-Thielen combo like Whiteskins has. Yeldon and Murray are actually savvy pickups and Bell might do something in the second half of the season, but I think tad's season is too far gone to salvage.

My modified tiers
Bye weekers: Funky Butt Lovin' (+2), Mixon Match (+1)
Contenders: Spider 2 Y Bananas (-1), Whiteskins (--), Punts With A C (--), Joe Vincent Flacco (--)
Contenders?: PatriotsAreCheaters (+1), Joshua's Unreal Team (+2), For Whom Odell Tolls (+1)
BabyRage NEVER LUCKY BabyRage: Lockett Down (-1), Kareem of the Crop (-3)
Actual Shittiest Autodraft: The American Dreams (-3)

Expert ROS Rankings
Joshua's Unreal Team (100), Mixon Match, Whiteskins (95), Funky Butt Lovin' (93)
Joe Vincent Flacco, Spider 2 Y Bananas, For Whom Odell Tolls (86)
PatriotsAreCheaters (78), Lockett Down(76), Punts With A C (71)
---
Kareem of the Crop, The American Dreams (50)

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
dam MrE beat me to it. owell midseason review anyway

League C

Drafted Team

QB: Derek Carr
RB: David Johnson / Jordan Howard / Joe Mixon / Peyton Barber
WR: Chris Hogan / Marvin Jones Jr. / Emmanuel Sanders / Tyler Lockett / Anthony Miller / Chris Godwin / Ryan Grant
TE: Jack Doyle
K: Jake Elliott
D: Detroit

Current Team

QB: Drew Brees / Jameis Winston
RB: Joe Mixon / Mark Ingram / Auston Ekeler / Javorius (Buck) Allen
WR: Davante Adams / Michael Thomas / Tyler Lockett / Quincy Enunwa / Ryan Grant
TE: Travis Kelce
K: Dustin Hopkins (stream)
D: Arizona (stream)

Notable Moves
Sep 8 - Trade: Marvin Jones and Peyton Barber for Travis Kelce

- Smash was in a tough spot early in the season as the Bell owner since he had little RB depth, and my (misplaced) belief in Barber as a starting caliber RB induced him to trade for early season depth
Sep 18 - Trade: David Johnson and Chris Godwin for Drew Brees and Michael Thomas
- The classic sell-high/buy-low trade that doesn't exactly work out as you'd hoped. Not as devastating as it was for the first few weeks with Thomas slowing down a bit and Johnson looking to pick up and with Godwin a contributor, but getting Brees kicked in was a major win for me
Oct 7 - Trade: Chris Hogan for Javorious Allen
- I'm amazed I got anything for him
Oct 9 - Trade: Jordan Howard for Davante Adams and Giovani Bernard
- Second example of a trade that seemed reasonable and then quickly turned poorly for my counterparty. The week after this trade Adams exploded, the belief going into this was that we were each taking on a bit of each others risk with the other party getting RB security in Howard. Grabbing Bernard was great for me as it secured my RB1 slot behind Mixon when I was of very limited depth there.
Oct 10 - Add: Jameis Winston
- Picked up Winston the week before he returned from suspension in what looks like a very savvy move in hindsight. Looking like I now have tandem QB1s that both play in domes/warm weather to rotate based on matchups for consistent 20+ points every week.
Oct 24 - Trade: Emmanuel Sanders for Mark Ingram
- The rare win-win-win trade. Sanders was my WR3, Ingram was his RB3, I secure my RB2 slot, he gets a great WR.

Summary
Record at the moment is 4-3 good for 5th in the league and 6th in points for. My team now feels like it's in final form with no areas of position weakness and the possibility of going off for 160 on any given week. This feels like a championship caliber team and I'd put it at a three way race between me, phenomenal souls, and Del Rio's team in the fight for the league this year.

League A

Mr.E covered most of this in his post so I'll be more brief, the tale of the tape with this one is bad luck as much of anything, but I think I'm still able to make a run in the playoffs in spite of not being a favourite as I'd hoped. Injuries have really brutalized my RB position though, from Mixon early in the season to literally every player I acquired in exchange for him a couple weeks ago. Notable trades:

Trade: Marquise Goodwin for Phillip Rivers
Trade: Lesean McCoy for Kyle Rudolph and Larry Fitzgerald
- Goodwin got injured and Luck underperformed early so I moved quickly for some QB security. I jumped off the McCoy bandwagon ASAP in the hopes of picking up a solid WR, although Fitz didn't pan out Rudolph was a fairly valued get that ended up being pivotal for the following trade...

Give: Marshawn Lynch and Kyle Rudolph and Phillip Rivers for Matt Ryan and Travis Kelce and Kenny Stills
- Possible the best move in any of the leagues to date, managed to upgrade to a top 3 QB and a top 2 TE in exchange for selling high on an RB that I wasn't confident in preseason or during the season, a position now borne out with Lynch going to IR

Give: Joe Mixon and Tyler Lockett for Cooper Kupp and Carlos Hyde and Chris Thompson
- There's a saying I've taken to heart from before the season and that's if you lose 30% of your trades you're doing pretty good for yourself. This one is the epitome of a frustrating loss because it made so much sense and it's just fallen apart for me through factors that couldn't be controlled. For context my starting RB2 at this point was whatever trash I could stream off the wire (hi Mike Davis). In giving up Mixon I figured I was losing some of my peak upside to enable me to raise my overall floor and reduce risk at the position I was most vulnerable in, while simultaneously upgrading to a strong WR1. Well. The week of that trade, Kupp got hurt. The week after, Thompson got hurt. Before he played his next game, Hyde got traded and sat out the week. Couldn't have turned out worse for me in the short term and has left me needing to stay afloat long enough for them to return to full strength.

QB: Matt Ryan / Andrew Luck
RB: Carlos Hyde / Chris Thompson / Raheem Mostert / Leonard Fournette
WR: Michael Thomas / Tyler Boyd / Cooper Kupp / Christian Kirk / Ryan Grant / Mike Williams
TE: Travis Kelce
K: Aldrick Rosas (stream)
D: Bears

Summary
3-4 now off a four game losing streak but as said on paper I think this is a team that can still make a run if I can stay healthy. My QB tandem is the best in the league, Kelce gives a top 2 TE option, my receiving group is a little shaky as of late but should perform to Wr1+WR2+WR1/2 standards which is excellent, and then the RB group is capable when healthy. Mostert is fine as an injury fill-in, the Hyde/Fournette combo while no longer as valuable as they were apart should return RB1-RB2 value consistently and Thompson is a solid RB2 when healthy.

When healthy. The two words that will define whether I miss the playoffs or go off on a deep playoff run. Still, regardless of how this turns I can't have asked for a better person performance which, to that point, I'll leave the originally drafted team as a closer for comparison.

QB: Luck
RB: Fournette / Mixon / McCoy / Lynch
WR: Thomas / Goodwin / Shepard / M. Williams / Miller
TE: V. McDonald
K: Boswell
D: Bears

Smogon Dynasty Deathmatch

Thought it would be fun to share my team since most of you don't get much of a look at the closed doors behind which this league runs with a brief look at the team I've assembled this year - I'm only going to show starters because we roster 24 each:
1540400648857.png

Suffice to say I'm extremely satisfied with what I've managed to do here. Kamara, Engram, Juju, Watson, Luck, and Njoku were drafted by me during our original draft, these are the trades that led to the rest of the players.

May
Give: Jordan Howard, Carolina Defense, 1st round draft pick
Get: Ezekiel Elliott

Give: Ricardo Louis
Get: James White, Wayne Gallman

September
Give: Amari Cooper and Jordan Reed
Get: Stefon Diggs

Give: Drew Brees, 3rd round pick
Get: Deandre Hopkins, 2nd round pick

Summary
Dynasty by nature is a bit more swingy in results with some teams intentionally seeking not to compete in a given year. As point of fact, this team itself finished dead last in the league just last year, hence some valuable draft capital to use for trade. Nonetheless, this team is currently undeafted at 7-0 averaging 136 points per week.

It's a two horse race between myself and Fightin' Garbage Cans (6-1 at 135 point average!) and truth be told his team is fantastic and I have no idea which one of us will take down the championship this year (Starters: Mahomes, Barkley, Gordon, Michel or Cook, Thomas, Allen, Burton)

tl;dr I make a ridiculous number of trades

I'm still salty that I swapped golladay and a 1st for trash Dhenry and a 2nd.
Also pissed that I had Kittle most of last season and dropped him for waiver wire garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)