Playoffs Smogon Tour 26 Playoffs - Finals [Won by z0mOG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
1. Tricking vs. 8. z0mOG - Making the obvious call here, I think Tricking has become in one of the most dominant players out there, both in team and individual tournaments, I think he's got the right mentality and plays extremely well with that unorthodox style he has, yet real effective against people who probably struggle figuring out what's the optimal path to take him on. I think most of those factors play on his favor, whereas zomog, while not being regarded as an extraordinary player, I think he's got the tools to pull this one out, I do not believe the odds are entirely against him, even then this will be real tough for him to go through.

2. Finchinator vs. 7. xray - I think this one is the most even match out of the four, kind asad I have to go against one of my former teammates. I think Finchinator has excelled recently in tournaments, while over the years he has been consistent and pulled good results, I don't think he's been as dominant as he's been now, the confidence and the hard work he displays are absolutely astounding. On the other hand xray is real good too, but he can be a bit shaky whenever he derails, so I'd say his chances might come from the vigilance, and certainly the teams he plays with.

3. SoulWind vs. 11. Welli0u - I don't think I'm gonna say anything that has been said already, SoulWind has become a staple in almost every tournament in the circuit, therefore, I do believe this could be either a lopsided series, or an even one. By all means, I think welliou is just as capable, this is Pokémon after all, but sw has the momentum going on for him, as seen in his series vs Bad Ass where he completely overwhelmed him after such an incredible display, whereas welliou barely pulled his series vs ojama with a few lucky breaks in BW.

13. ABR vs. 5. Empo - About this one, I think this could be either the most epic and intense series out of the four, or the kind of series I'd break my keyboard in from typing "LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL OMFL DOHPLDFHNDSPÑJDPDHSNOCD" a hundred times. I think both dudes are extremely good players, but if I had to compare, Empo's evolution as a player has been a bit slower than ABR's so I've always considered him the better one out of the two. ABR also has the edge in bw, as he's slowly become into a great builder and player there, whereas I'd say they're both evenly matched in SM and ORAS.

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
omg my best ASMR friend z0mog and my best Indian friend Empo are both so good, I truly hope they play each other in the next round!!!!!!

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
1. Tricking vs. 8. z0mOG (BW: 50/50, ORAS: 55/45 Tricking, SM: 60/40 Tricking) - Neither looked particularly good last round, but Tricking has been one of the most consistent performers in terms of results recently, so I give him the edge. I say in terms of results if only because his actual gameplay and team choices have been as all-over-the-place as can be, but ultimately the guy has a knack for getting the job done and winning games, so I'll give credit where credit is due. z0mOG seems to be very interested in BW on a personal level, so I think that's the tier he is most likely to pick off of the three, especially given Tricking's lack of experience there, but honestly this series is kept pretty close overall because the other two tiers are both of these dudes more experienced tiers, so they can even go either way as well. I think it will probably go three games, but ultimately be in Tricking's favor.

3. SoulWind vs. 11. Welli0u (BW: 75/25 SoulWind, ORAS: 60/40 SoulWind, SM: 60/40 SoulWind) - SoulWind looked outright dominant last round against Bad Ass, so he's a pretty clear favorite here and probably to beat the winner of my series, too. Either way, I think SoulWind's BW is still far above his ORAS/SM, but he should be favored in all three. The Well has some tricks up his sleeve, so there's a chance, but it isn't a great one and if I was a betting man, my money would not be on the upset here. SoulWind is in a good position to finally get that individual and I don't think that this is the round he exits. I think he probably takes it in two.

13. ABR vs. 5. Empo (BW: 55/45 ABR, ORAS: 65/35 ABR, SM: 55/45 ABR) - ABR is probably the favorite to win the tournament from here. He's phenomenal with team choices and his execution is not too shabby either. Empo showed a lot of reasons to doubt him last round despite a very strong year or so of individual performances leading up to this point. I'm not entirely sure where he is at, but I think it's safe to say that it's behind ABR. The winner of this series is probably my favorite to make finals from this half no matter what, but I think it's ABR by a considerable margin unless Empo plays at his peak with thoughtful team selections.

1. Tricking vs. 8. z0mOG
2. Finchinator vs. 7. xray
3. SoulWind vs. 11. Welli0u
13. ABR vs. 5. Empo

Sir Isaac Mewton

I COULD BE BANNED!
1. Tricking vs. 8. z0mOG: Due to a language barrier, Tricking still thinks this site is testing his internet connection responsiveness. Hence he clicks and counts while holding his breath how long it takes till he sees the screen move. The fact that he has made it big is an example of the theorem that says a monkey will almost surely type Hamlet given infinite time. Also, z0mOG got one of the nastiest wins that must have tasted like salted caramel, so he clearly has the upper hand.
2. Finchinator vs. 7. xray: If Rocky played pokemon he'd be out of shape and call himself Finchinator.
Sir Isaac Mewton: Finchinator, why do you fight?
Finchinator: Because I can't sing and dance.

Don't have much to say about the other two other than gl to Welli0u and Empo rly cool stuff so far ~...^

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
1. Tricking vs. 8. z0mOG - The power of the all caps nicks compels me. Some day I hope to be accepted into the DARK POLO GANG myself...
2. Finchinator vs. 7. xray - sexray strikes again. There is an off colour joke to be made here about Germans and Jews, but I'm gonna shoah my maturity by not doing it.
3. SoulWind vs. 11. Welli0u - SW needs to win this game so that he can successfully fulfil the prophecy and get unfortunately cheesed out in another finals.
13. ABR vs. 5. Empo - Empoleon's secondary Steel typing allows it to resist Abra's Psychic attacks.

4 Excellent Battles with 8 Mighty Veritable Great Pokemon Players ... What a pleasure!

INSULT

and every day the paper boy brings more
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
1. Tricking vs. 8. z0mOG
2. Finchinator vs. 7. Xray - probs gonna be decided with SM (HL series for me)
3. SoulWind vs. 11. Welli0u
13. ABR vs. 5. Empo

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
1. Tricking vs. 8. z0mOG - that Xatu team with Char-Y is sick. I’d pick his dude based on creativity alone.
2. Finchinator vs. 7. xray - XRAY is hot af. He’s my pick to win it all. Make Pokémon Great Again.
3. SoulWind vs. 11. Welli0u - SW’s probably gonna win this round. Then he’ll lose in the next or finals because he has the mental fortitude of a snail.
13. ABR vs. 5. Empo - Empo’s gonna play ultra aggressive and overwhelm ABR. Can’t win against those aids teams otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)